More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (17/45) > >>

eve:

--- Quote from: SamuriHL on May 08, 2023, 08:47:57 am ---One of the fun tests to play around with is the Spears and Munsill UHD disc.  The new version is due out a week from today.  I've got mine preordered and it'll be here next Monday.  When I was looking at lots of madvr tonemapping options, the previous version of the disc was great at identifying issues.  Since I'll have both versions (the first version was not overly well mastered which has a tendency to break DTM algorithms LOL) I'll be able to compare and look at the results.  The big question is how much detail is retained on 4000+ nit content.  From what I can tell in just playing around, it's VERY good so far.  Looking forward to stress testing it a bit.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up about the new version!

jmone:
Up I'll be looking for the new Spears and Munsil as well!

murray:
Can I just ask a few questions about FSRCNNX 16 please....

Ive used madvr NGU Very High now for years and years, now we have adaptive sharpening I feel FSRCNNX 16 with a small amout of sharpening is giving me superior results to NGU Very High.

But Im so green with FSRCNNX 16 and after doing lots of searching I cant find much on it in laymens terms.

1. How many years has FSRCNNX been out for?
2. I hear there is many different implementations of FSRCNNX, some better than others they say... Is FSRCNNX 16 the best version out there today?
3. Is there ever any possibility that FSRCNNX 16 could even be improved?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand the "ins & outs" of FSRCNNX.

Hendrik:
FSRCNNX is a neural network based algorithm. Its quality comes from training it with images and how they should look.
The current version was trained in 2021 and overall the algorithm has been out since 2018, with some predecessors being used before that already.

Any algorithm can possible be further improved, with new and better training sets and a lot of time. But this is not something we're working on, we just supply access to it.

armyplace:
So I just migrated to MC31 from MC30.

I have to say, the new DTM engine and sharpening features have really ironed out any issues I had previously with MC30.

It's definitely a more efficient build, pans are super smooth and image is cleaner, sharper and brighter (no need to set Target peak nits to an extremely low number)

I tried several UHD movies and series which were problematic but now all are working spectacularly.

Black Panther - First 10 minutes looks amazing, I can run this using Hable algo and the details in dark scenes are superb!
Mandalorian Ep 3 - First 20 mins, this always too dark for me and making adjustments would fix a particular scene but the whole balance was off, it's just right now!
See S2 E3 - First 10 mins, dark scenes mixed with the snow scene never really looked good for me, looks absolutely perfect now.
Everest - First 10 mins, adjusting for blacks in other movies/shows would always clip the whites here, MC31 fixes this so I can have my cake and eat it too.

One last issue which I've had is that I have this movie: Everything Everywhere All at Once (mkv) which plays fine with embedded PGS english subs, works fine in mpc-be but in MC30/31 it does not have any available subtitles. Any way for me to check why it's not showing?

thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version