More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (18/45) > >>

jmone:

--- Quote from: armyplace on May 09, 2023, 07:51:12 pm ---One last issue which I've had is that I have this movie: Everything Everywhere All at Once (mkv) which plays fine with embedded PGS english subs, works fine in mpc-be but in MC30/31 it does not any available subtitle at all. Any way for me to check why it's not showing?

--- End quote ---

Check the file in something like MKVToolNix and see if the sub is tagged as "enabled"

armyplace:

--- Quote from: jmone on May 09, 2023, 09:26:25 pm ---Check the file in something like MKVToolNix and see if the sub is tagged as "enabled"

--- End quote ---

Yup this fixed it, just needed to enable the tracks in mkvtoolnix, thank you very much!

JimH:
murray,
Thanks very much for your posts at AVSForum (as RapalloAV).
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/page-427#post-62538059

and thanks, jmone, for all your help getting murray to the finish line.

jmone:
Ahhh, it's all part of the fun.  We are now discussing the pros and cons of HDR-->SDR vs HDR-->HDR tonemapping.  I'll bet a beer that Murray will stick with HDR-->SDR as it look great (his words) and does not have issues from the PJ switching between SDR and HDR modes.  I get around this by leaving Windows in HDR mode all the time (on my Flat Screens - my JVC PC has a Magenta Bug to work around), and let Windows do the reverse SDR-->HDR tonemapping.  Now if JRVR could do that!  Maybe MC32 for that one.

jmone:

--- Quote from: lepa on May 08, 2023, 09:09:31 am ---Nope, just cleared HDR Format field and I still get HDR10+ after MC video analysis

--- End quote ---

I think I've found what is going on.  Do you have 1917 or WW1984 for example (both are HDR10+)?  For me these are listed as "DolbyVision Profile 7, HDR10-compatible" under HDR format.  From what I can see files tagged as "DolbyVision Profile 7, HDR10-compatible" could be HDR10 or HDR10+.  Files that are only HDR10 or HDR10+ are tagged correctly. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version