INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize arrow keys  (Read 364 times)

mastermind

Customize arrow keys
« on: January 16, 2024, 07:22:34 am »

Hi, I have a question about customizing arrow keys: is it possible to disable, as example, up and down arrows during file playback? Or, in alternative, assign them to other functions (by default, they call playing now section).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Customize arrow keys
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 11:50:17 am »

Where?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 12:58:12 pm »

Need more information to answer your question.

As Jim asked… where?  For example, are you talking about the arrows keys on the keyboard?  Or arrows in the MC interface?  If it is the latter, there are a LOT of arrows used in the MC interface, so specificity is essential.  Note: an arrows appearance depends on where it is located on the GUI, and may also look different with different skins.

So let's start with that and see what we can come up with. 

mastermind

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 02:05:33 pm »

Ok, I mean arrow keys on Keyboard (UP and DOWN). Is it possible to disable them only in file playback? Thanks.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 02:23:46 pm »

After I posted, I did notice you indicated "keys" in your OP, but I was too lazy to edit my post to acknowledge that. ::)  That said, I don't use the keyboard to navigate the MC interface, so I don't know if it is possible to disable them. There are 4 or 5 settings related to "Media Keys" (see attached pic) and disabled is 1 of the options, but that does not change the arrow key behavior, at least not on my keyboard.

There is additional functionality when you combine the control and shift keys with arrow keys however, so maybe you'll find some usefulness with that.  Take a look at the wiki for hot keys if you haven't already.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

mastermind

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 04:57:12 am »

The real problem is not to disable these keys, but disable them only during file playback (UP and DOWN keys are mandatory for Menu navigation of DVD and BD). Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up