INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO's in Library missing random tracks  (Read 499 times)

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
SACD ISO's in Library missing random tracks
« on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:28 pm »

Has this ever happened to anyone before?  A 12 track ISO file now is showing say tracking 1, 3, 6, 11 only.  Another one maybe tracks 1, 2 and that's it.  So far, the only thing I can repair this is by deleting the album and importing it again?  Any ideas?

Also, I just found importing the ISO again to the library, creates a separate entry in the Library, and this new entry has all the tracks.  When I look at "filename" the ones that are correct have .iso;# at the end showing the track numbers.  The ones with missing tracks, all of the tracks that do show in the library just show .iso with no track #.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: SACD ISO's in Library missing random tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 05:10:09 pm »

Does anyone know the significance of the ;# at the end of the .iso filename?  And why some of my .iso files don't have the number anymore?

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 06:37:59 pm »

I still hope that someone out there may have any idea on what happened here.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 12:22:37 am »

Just in case you don't know this about this forum, the people here are very helpful and when no one replies it usually means no one knows the answer to your question.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 09:47:47 am »

I do not have a solution for you but I suspect that something may be amiss in your ripping process if some tracks are identified/labelled differently from others on a, seemingly, random basis.  How are you ripping them?
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 11:06:35 am »

Or a hard disk problem.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 03:24:30 pm »

I do not have a solution for you but I suspect that something may be amiss in your ripping process if some tracks are identified/labelled differently from others on a, seemingly, random basis.  How are you ripping them?

Thank you for your reply.  I read back my post and I didn't make it clear that the ISO's imported and played correctly at first, but several corrupted or now have missing tracks.  I'm not able to determine when this corruption happened, so now I have to go back and remove all of these from my library and add them again.  When I add the same ISO back again, the tracks are correctly identified (again).  Some of these ISOs were imported 2-3 years ago, and I just recently had this issue.  It appears to me maybe related to this post:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132221.msg957033.html#msg957033

The ISO's that do not have the ; and a number at the end of the filename in the library, will only play the first track when you click on any track.  It's like JRiver has forgotten where the track breaks are in the ISO file.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 03:28:06 pm »

Just in case you don't know this about this forum, the people here are very helpful and when no one replies it usually means no one knows the answer to your question.

I did bump my post after not receiving a reply, because I read in the JRiver "Is this support?" post that it was suggested to do so once if you do not receive a reply from your original question.  I do appreciate all the users who help each other out here.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 03:38:18 pm »

When I did a filename search for all the ISO in my library without the ; character for the track breaks, which are all the ones with missing tracks, all of them were imported in 2022.  No ISOs imported in 2023 have this issue.

It leads me to guess there was maybe something that was fixed along the way and I didn't realize these items had a problem until now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up