INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard volume control doesn't work when media center starts with windows  (Read 167 times)

LTMH

• Recent member

Just as the title says, I've found that since I set Media Center to start with windows, while the media control buttons on my keyboard works, the volume wheel doesn't do anything at all until I close and relaunch Media Center... then it works flawlessly. Volume Mode is set to System Volume. MC 32.0.16, Windows 10.

Also I can't seem to get the windows on-screen display of volume when making adjustments to show up, I thought that would be the "Enable OSD" option in settings but I guess not.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: keyboard volume control doesn't work when media center starts with windows
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 01:06:49 am »

Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner and change to Internal volume.

LTMH

• Recent member
Re: keyboard volume control doesn't work when media center starts with windows
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 12:34:27 pm »

I guess that's a workaround but doesn't address the issue at all. I want my volume control to be system, not internal to media center. and if I launch media center manually, the issue doesn't exist, there is only a problem when media server starts with windows. so I'll just not have media server start with windows then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up