INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have JRiver V21. Want to upgrade but confused  (Read 209 times)

TomH_Atl

I have JRiver V21. Want to upgrade but confused
« on: June 22, 2024, 10:09:26 am »

I have JRiver V21. I want to upgrade but confused as to how.  There is no upgrade option on my V21 menus. I have read the upgrade instructions on this forum and the email links that were in the email (see below), but I do not even know where to start, since I see no option to upgrade in my V21 menu structure. "Easy to do" but not for me :-(.  Please help, thanks in advance!

I want to upgrade since receiving an email from JRiver media saying:
We are only ending support for old versions of JRiver Media Center.  If you own MC29 or newer, this will have no effect on your use of the program.  If you own MC28 or older, we suggest an upgrade today.  It's easy to do, and your data and settings will be used automatically.  More below and in the linked instructions

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

TomH_Atl

Re: I have JRiver V21. Want to upgrade but confused
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 07:35:28 pm »

I am sorry, but those instructions are not clear to me at all.  What are the specific steps for upgrading from V21 to the latest version?  What exactly do I need to do this?  Upgrade in place? Install new version first then delete old version?  How do all my settings get saved (or do they)?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!  I have not upgraded since getting V21 specifically due to the confusing nature of how to do the upgrade.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I have JRiver V21. Want to upgrade but confused
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:57:43 am »

Download and install MC32.

Restore your MC32 license if necessary.

When you're happy with MC32, uninstall any older version.

Your old data and settings will be used in MC32.  Read carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up