INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.85 beta  (Read 7650 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.85 beta
« on: December 03, 2002, 01:16:19 pm »

Media Center 9.0.85 beta is available.  

This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things may crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90085.exe  

Changes  

1. Fixed: License installation/restoration would fail in rare cases.
2. Fixed: ASIO playback would not stop at the end of the last file. (would instead say "Buffering..." forever)
3. Changed: MJ no longer automatically checks for external file changes (too slow) -- instead, use "R-Click->Tools->Update Library (from tags -- if changes detected)."
4. Changed: Install program name migrated to "Media Center".
5. Fixed: Destroying the player core could crash in some cases.
6. NEW: YADB track lookup works! (submit well tagged files to help us build the DB)
7. Fixed: Search control would not let you start editing by clicking in some cases.
8. Fixed: [Delete] key wouldn't always work as expected in search control.
9. Changed: Time type database field search rules (i.e. Duration) will be edited with the number wizard.
10. Fixed: Parsing of corrupt M3U files could cause crashes.
11. Fixed: MP3 plugin option "Ignore ID3v2 tags" during analysis would cause crashes.
12. Changed: Only Version 8 licenses bought by December 4, 2002 will work with MC without an upgrade.  Cost of upgrade will initially be $7.98, going to $19.98 on release of MC.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.  

Thanks for your help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 9.0.85 beta
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 02:36:53 pm »

MC9 update will get you 8.0.388 and that is an older version then what is on the download page.

You Got To Love "Benny Goodman"

Listening to: 'There'll Be Some Changes Made' from 'The Best Of Benny Goodman And His Orchestra' by 'Benny Goodman And His Orchestra' on Media Jukebox Charted At 07 In 1941
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 03:10:32 pm »

BUG
  • Files without id3v2 tags (ie only id3v1 tags) aren't having the track numbers displayed and are also displaying the filename in the 'name' field.

This is an OLD bug that's been around since day one.
    It's very annoying as the file contains all the right info but means we have to use another tagging program (in my case Dr Tag) to go in and to copy the id3v1 tag accross to id3v2 for MJ to then read it.
    I could use 'Get Properties From Filename' but this is far more complex and less precise when the info is already set.

• Search wizard is still missing 'filename'. Although I wouldn't do searches by filename I would do them by location sometimes and so I'd have to use the filename field.

REQUESTS
  • Find and Replace - can this be extended to also include: Insert 'string' into position X from the front or end. Also to include: Remove X characters from front or end.
  • in Clean Track Info tool - could 'Filename' be moved out of the list and put at the bottom so that it stands out more as a files name is far more important than the tag info and should be made more obvious that it is going to be changed.
  • An option to turn a 'confirm properties update for X changed files' which basically pop's up a confirm box every time some files properties are changed and asks us if we wish to update the X effected songs. I know there's an undo tool but I still worry about accidentally changing tons of tags without realising it. I'm sure some other users must feel the same, especially beginners.

Important one

• Get Filename from properties/rename from properties etc. All these tools are great but they only have a list of pre-selected formats that you guys have chosen. They are not at all personalised to what we use. I'd like the lists for both of these to be generated from a list we control. Basically it'd have a drop down list with the pre-selected formats like now but with an 'Add/Delete Naming Format' button at the bottom that would allow us to remove examples of yours we dont use and add ones we do.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 03:32:15 pm »

Just submitted 5000 files to the database YADB database ... Did a request for 600 that i only had names for ... got 3 hits  ... WOOHOO !!!! it works :)

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 03:51:37 pm »

"Recently Imported" toolbar button still shows all files.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

nila

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 04:11:52 pm »

Bug/Request
  • Duration - this has to be typed in as: 500 say which is 6 minutes. This is pretty confusing though as MJ shows 6 mins as 6:00 which is what I tried to do first. It seems natural to try just type in the time like this as this is the way it's displayed rather than trying to work out how many seconds long a song is. Would it be possible to make 4:40 or something automatically be converted to 280?

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 05:22:46 pm »

Bugs:

1. Column heading renaming and some data in those columns is still 'unfriendly' or raw data.  Like in the Duration and File Size columns all I get is the # of seconds (like 300 for a 5:00 song) and actual byte length (like 5039342), respectively.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 05:24:11 pm »

Bug
Sound is absent with my usual setting of 24 bit.  Rebooting after the install didn't help.  Changing the bitdepth to source returned my sound.  

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.85 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1696 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 06:26:24 pm »

Just to confirm ASIO playback bug is fixed!

1000 X Thanks!

RemyJ

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 06:47:45 pm »

Current Status...

• New: Modifying the settings of a user added library field causes the column display settings to be reset.  All fields show and you have to re-order the columns again.

• New: After entering all track information for a CD not known by YADB and sending it to YADB, the entry in the removables database still has a volume name of "Audio CD(nn)" instead of the newly entered album.   You have to delete the entries for the volume name and retrieve the info from YADB again to get a correct entry.

• New: If you have more than one sound device installed you can select which one MC plays through using the Wave Out settings, but MC's volume and mute controls always control the master out of the first sound card detected even if it's not the one it's playing through.  This bug has been around since early V8 releases and has been reported multiple times.

• Open: Had to change out my Promise ATA/100 controller for a SIIG ATA/133 controller.  After this change, the internal aspi layer is causing my DVD-ROM (generic "white-box" drive) to be detected as a burner.

• Open: Burning data cds, "Status" doesn't display every file and the "File n of x" display shows "n" jumping around randomly.   For audio CDs, the "File n of x" works ok, but "Status" sometimes sticks at "Writing lead-in with CD-Text"

• Open: Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

• Open: Auto discovery of media servers always responds with one or more popups:  "Invalid Media Server information" plus the host name and port.

• Open: If you make a parameter change on a media server and answer "Yes" to the "Do you want to reconnect" message, MS doesn't rebind itself to port 5556 and therefore won't answer autodiscovery queries.

• Open: The media server response to auto-detect requests with the host name of the first interface it bound to, even if that interface isn't reachable by the requesting client.  My server has 2 interfaces, a public one, and a private one.  The Media Server binds to both.  When my laptop does a search, the server responds with the private ip address even though it's unreachable and the request came in on the public one.

• Open: The media server search results window contains 2 duplicate entries  for every server interface with the same address.  I.E.  2 multi-homed servers show up as 8 entries in the list, 4 duplicate entries for server 1 and 4 duplicate entries for server 2.  Previous problem could also apply.

• Open: Pressing cancel in the media server search results window attempts a connect anyway (aparently not to any of the resuls though since the connect fails).

• Open: When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  

• Open: "Calculate replay gain during ripping" isn't doing anything.

• Open: During a convert from wav or ape to mp3, the track name is changed from
    "[NAME]" to "[TRACK #] - [NAME]".

• Open: In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• Open: When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 1757 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: TDK CDRW4800B   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 08:35:28 pm »

Old bug appeared again:

The left tree collapses all the time on starting MC
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 09:24:10 pm »

BUG:

I use MediaCenter to play ~30 minute video files all the time. Various formats, DivX, RM, ASF, MPG, etc... MediaCenter crashes (completely freezes) often when switching from one file to the next. Sometime it will be when starting the 1st video, sometimes the 12th. It doesn't happen on any particular video clip or format. The same clip will play fine the next time. Killing MediaCenter and restarting it fixes the freeze until the next time it happens.

kbiya

• cabilla
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2002, 03:44:08 am »

i need the music
kbiyaxs

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2002, 04:35:04 am »

Is MC 9.0.85 only for REGISTERED users ?
My trial period has expired and MC9 won't start.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2002, 05:34:08 am »

Is MC 9.0.85 only for REGISTERED users ?
My trial period has expired and MC9 won't start.

That's correct.  V9 will work for 30 days, and if there is no license (v8 or v9) present, it will stop working.

V8 licensing continues as it was.  After 30 days, the plus
feature set is lost but the player continues to work.

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2002, 05:48:01 am »

I'm not sure if you can do something about it but:
(Complete Albums)
I found out your calculation system for it is to search by track# and if there isn't a "hole" in the middle of the series it counts as a full album.
My problem was with the Dire Straits album Communique. Anyone who knows anything about D.S. knows only first 5 songs (out of 9) worth listening therefore I only ripped those.
Of course the MC told me I have the full album... not sure what you can do about it anyway.
even worse... albums that I have only track #1 are reported to be "full".

One more request, is it possible to hand out an explanation of the new audio fields (BPM, Intensity, Replay Gain etc.) what do they all mean??

Thanks.

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 05:53:35 am »

One more thing..
I don't use MC to view images or video (Sorry guys...), I wish to remove the smartlists concern those features because they annoy me (I always get those "small pictures" smartlists). I tried to press "Delete" but every time I open MC they return(!).

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 06:32:51 am »

couple of bugs:

1. After a cd has completed ripping, you get a box notifiying you it is complete and to click ok.  If you manually eject a cd BEFORE clicking ok and insert a new CD, MC will never recognize the new CD.  I have found the only way around it is to reboot.

2. Under Device Settings you can select an option to play a sound after ripping.  However, the Choose Sound button does not work.  I am assuming you can change the defaut sound with this button.

orangarot

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 06:54:49 am »

Cost of upgrade will initially be $7.98, going to $19.98 on release of MC.

where can i buy the upgrade?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 07:21:37 am »

where can i buy the upgrade?

From within MJ9.  Under Help.

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 10:37:13 am »

When clicking on album cover in album view entire data base will play. shouldn't just that albums properties, & songs be listed and played.

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 10:52:54 am »

when i installed mc9, I got 2 entries on my program list in win xp. I got one for Media Center 9 and 1 for Media Jukebox 9, and 2 shortcuts on my desktop. ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2002, 11:04:57 am »

when i installed mc9, I got 2 entries on my program list in win xp. I got one for Media Center 9 and 1 for Media Jukebox 9, and 2 shortcuts on my desktop. ?

yep, i think if you would hav uninstalled first it would have fixed that minor problem.

just delete the MJ shortcuts everything will be fine..
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2002, 11:54:43 am »

When exporting a playlist, it doesn't use the playlist name but uses playlist.m3u as name

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Media Center 9.0.85 bet
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2002, 12:02:10 pm »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the 'Ignore ID3V2 tags' fix, works nicely now :)

Also it seems that MC9 has fixed the old track#32 import problem, very nice thanks :)

Still present in 85 :

1 - MP3 ID3V2 Track field with format 01/12 not imported correctly

2 - Custom fields display is not persistent (can't get custom1, etc. columns to stay along other fields columns)

3 - Option/View/Sorting Remove All sort fields does not work !

4 - In visualization studio or  Text widget, the custom_1 field do not display correctly
Same for customname1, etc in Track info pages.

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2002, 12:41:45 pm »

to summarize:

- Exporting a playlist to m3u uses playlist.m3u as name in stead of the playlist name
- Playing a stream web station, MC adds a playlist and imports the stream as a file.
- Left tree collapses on startup
- Limit to Minutes does not work (e.g. limit to 1 minute does not return my files underneath 1 minute)
- Uploading more than 100 files to my Handheld device gives an error at the end "error opening file" and not all files are uploaded then

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2002, 01:34:15 pm »

A few things working with images (GIF & JPG).

I am importing images into the media view, and then copying and pasting individually into a playlist by selecting the file previous to the one I wish to have the new image inserted by and pasting the image.  

When I click paste I am returned to the beginning of the list.  there are 3500 images in the list and it is pretty time consuming to find my place again, is it possible that it could return to where it was after refreshing the playlist?

Also it seems to crash imtermittantly when pasting images into my play list.  It just closes MC and all trace of it dissapears, and when re-opened the image has not been pasted.  I can't see any consistancy as to why, sorry.

Also is there any rational as to when I click an image and right click paste as to whether the file goes before or after the selected image, as it seems to vary!

The final thing, I have music running, and click play on a image playlist, or an image collection in media view, (normally the latter), and instread of playing the music and starting the images, it replaces the music with the images in playing now.  I have to start the images and then from the top tool bar go to quick play, media view, music, artist, album play.  There is no show options for images, how do i start images and music together properly?? Am I doing it the right way, as the instructions in the images FAQ/guide don't seem to work?

Thanks for a brilliant program, and I can't wait until the bugs are ironed out as it is going to be awesome.

Regards

UPDATE: When pasting into thumbnail view in images the list stays where it was and the image appears, it is only in list view where it shoots to the top of the list.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.85 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2386 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 23 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: RICOH DVD/CDRW MP9200   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2002, 08:33:59 pm »

I don't recall if these bugs have been reported yet or not:

Re: Playlists

1) When you select a playlist, the "export playlist" menu item is disabled unless you also click on an item in the playlist in the right-hand pane of the window.  Just highlighting the playlist on the left doesn't work.  

2) When exporting an individual playlist, it defaults the name to "playlist.m3u", rather than inserting the actual name of the playlist - such as "comedy.m3u".

And as I've requested in the past, I still feel that the user should be able to choose what directory the Export All Playlists goes to.  And there should be a way to include selected playlist groups in the Export All function.

Program is working quite well in most other regards.

Kent

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
Problems with the MP3 Encoder
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2002, 09:17:20 pm »

I still meet this problem in 9.0.85

Problems with the MP3 Encoder

I get a lot of system crashes when I use the MP3 Encoder in Sound Recorder and in Converter (I've not tried Ripping yet), both with CBR (almost always) and VBR (occasionally).
I've rebooted several times, redownloaded the plug-in (I always get version 47 instead of 50, is it correct?), but the problem persists in build 83 and 84.
The problem appears in different ways: error in Gdi.exe, error in Winoldap in User.exe, error in the Kernel, protection exception, blue screen etc: the constant is the system freeze.
The problem is not present if I use the WMA encoder.
Thanks for help
Luigi

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.85 -- C:\Programmi\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 107 MB
Resource Info: System - 58 %, GDI - 66 %, User - 58 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Luigi1943

duhva

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2002, 11:06:04 pm »

Clearing library as removes all created playlists. Is this supposed to happen?

If so, do the physical files still remain somewhere on the hard drive?

Thanks.

duhva

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2002, 02:54:15 am »

Possible bug:
Track Info plug-ins do not resize or show vertical scroll bar, and are cut off unless you make the window full size.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2002, 03:24:58 am »

duhva > I got suckered by that one too.  Its not a bug you just need to right clcik the display and check enable scrollbars.  I was reporting that one for about 3 successive builds and wondered why I never got a response then one day I realised...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2002, 04:52:52 am »

Clearing library as removes all created playlists. Is this supposed to happen?

If so, do the physical files still remain somewhere on the hard drive?

Thanks

Your library is MJ's description of the files and any playlists.

If you clear your library, you lose that information but the files will remain.  You can always re-import to rebuild your library from scratch.

And as I've requested in the past, I still feel that the user should be able to choose what directory the Export All Playlists goes to.  And there should be a way to include selected playlist groups in the Export All function.

That adds a lot of complexity.  What if the user picks the Windows directory, or what if there were already files in the directory, should it erase child directories, overwrite files, etc.?  Just too many questions.

To avoid that, we dump playlists to a place we *know* is safe.  After that, it's up to the user to move them if they need to.  Hope that's alright for now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2002, 05:32:41 am »

an easy to fix bug:
When searcing for cover art the search is done according to song artist and not song "Album Artist" which sometimes causes a search for (Multiple Artists)-Album Name.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to fix..

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2002, 06:47:20 am »

Tested on 9.0.85.
If show text labels is turned on, the toolbar icons are too much seperated.
In my system in full size:
only 8 icons fit in the toolbar while explorer has 17 visible icons.
Part of this maybe because of lengthy icon texts, but this may not be the only reason.

fdgsdfg

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2002, 06:51:10 am »

BUG:

CDA_in.dll fails to install

pzc900

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2002, 08:02:25 am »

Still got the same problem since upgrading from MJ8 to MJ9.0.80 to 9.0.84 and now 9.0.85; Cannot burn Audio CD any More. (burn and convert directly to CD).

Burn data CD : no problem working O.K.

Get the following messages after MJ has perfrmed his Analysing Device... then you get your burning screen and all seems O.K. (ready for writing status) :
Failed : Open Session.Invalid field in parameter list.
Can't start the Write.

Have tried in test mode with same result. Tried with different write speed - no change. Tried with or without Write CD-text - no change.

Also tried with Use Internal Burning Engine ticked on or off with no change.

Tried also with different brands of CD-R, still not working.

Tried also with or without anti-virus activated : not changing.

If you keep trying, change play list to burn, etc, you've received an error message MJ has performed an illegal....Close or Ignore and another message : ... error in GDI.EXE..... and you kicked out of MJ.

Thanks for help and support.
(sorry if my english no O.K., I am french

Copy of System Info. :

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 1340 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 109 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: IDE-CD R/RW 12X8X32   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:12  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes

duhva

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2002, 08:20:29 am »

Adam & Matt - thanks for the info!

I rescind both bug postings, but will try to find some new ones in the meantime. :D

Cheers.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2002, 08:46:02 am »

Here's a weird one.

If I go from MEGA-ME to mini-me, everything is fine, but once I'm in mini-me, if I use the right click menu to change to a different skin, I get something similar to this:

The vis window always ends up in the upper-left corner of the screen, whether the skin I switch to is configured to display a vis or not. This ONLY happens if I also have Inactive Transparent set to on. If that's off, then the skin I switch to has no vis window at all, even if I tell it to display one.

I've also noticed that when I have Inactive Transparent on, and I switch skins, when the vis window appears in the corner, I have a taskbar item called "J River Playback Engine Window". Once the skin loses focus, the vis window and it's taskbar entry dissappear until the skin regains focus.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2002, 08:58:20 am »

Maybe trivial, but it would raise my suspicions if I downloaded something called 'Media Jukebox' and ended up installing 'Media Center'. On install, the dialog is 'Media Jukebox is preparing to install'. Wants to install in 'C:Program Files\Media Jukebox' - is this simply because I installed over 9.0.82? Help/About Media Jukebox - needs changing. My files are still registered as Media Jukebox files.

Difficult when you are running with two names in parallel I know. Perhaps I should register www.MediaNexus.com in anticipation of v18. How much would you pay? :)

PS looks like someone already did :)

nila

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2002, 11:18:40 am »

I've had the same problem with the vis. window.

BUG
Typed in a nice long search, lots of criteria.
Went to edit one by right clicking and choosing: Edit by typing. Then selected the part I wanted to change and choose 'paste' to try to replace these values with ones from a calculator. The text pasted just replaces all the text though and doesn't just paste it in place or replace the part selected.

Bstronger

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2002, 12:07:27 pm »

Dire Straits Album:

I remember buying a (retail) dire straits album and it had a track number 99. I thought this was very odd at the time... I wonder if it will show up as a complete album as the first 12 or 13 songs were correctly numbered
Pages: [1]   Go Up