INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0.81  (Read 6061 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0.81
« on: November 21, 2002, 01:41:17 pm »

Media Jukebox 9.0.81 beta is available.    

IMPORTANT-- This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download the preview here:    

[This build ( 81 ) was pulled.  Please wait for another later today or download build 80 from this link:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox9.exe ]

Changes    

1. NEW: Media Jukebox will handle multi-media keys without having the focus.
2. NEW: Added ability to show only certain playlist groups in "Playlist" pane.
3. Changed: Media Library schemes based on playlists only list applicable playlists, not all playlists.
4. Changed: Optimized media library filling -- faster for some data types, especially playlists.
5. Fixed: Quick Play was not functioning properly.
6. Changed: Playlist groups now get sorted before playlists and smartlists in trees.
7. Changed: Search control now scrolls.
8. Fixed: Search control did not repaint on system color changes.
9. Fixed: Audio anlayzer would try to anlayze non-local audio files. (http://, CDA, etc.)
10. Fixed: CD-text reading wasn't working for some CD drives.
11. Fixed: CD burning with Goldenhawk and internal ASPI would sometimes end with error about "target status 4".
12. Fixed: Media Jukebox was crashing after displaying a playback error message.
13. Fixed: Media Jukebox was incorrectly parsing URLs with mms protocol.
14. Fixed: External USB and Firewire CD burners should be recognized now (using internal ASPI on WinNT/2K/XP).
15. Fixed: CD ripping "parameter out of range" error on Win98/ME.
16. NEW: Ctrl+Alt+F12 will copy and paste MJ's "Listening To" to whatever has the focus. (if MJ is running)

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.81
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 01:52:36 pm »

>> 16. NEW: Ctrl+Alt+F12 will copy and paste
>> MJ's "Listening To" to whatever has the focus.
>> (if MJ is running)

CTRL, Alt and F12 Brings Up My Intel Graphics Controller Properties.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 01:59:33 pm »

When Exporting Play List To HTML MJ still is not including Duration.

Reported Before

Listening to: 'We'll Meet Again' from 'The Best Of Vera Lynn' by 'Vera Lynn' on Media Jukebox Charted At 29 In 1954
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 02:43:55 pm »

Tried Explort playlist feature for the first time.
Nice but could I request that it has the ability to let us choose the delimiter etc.

It'd also be nice if it'd export to standard db standard - ie comma delimiter with quotation marks around strings.

Also, for fields to include, I'd really prefer it if it'd give us a big list of all the fields (like in the options pane) and allow us to check which ones we want exported rather than having to either do everything or configure our current view to look like the data we want to export.
A wizard would work LOVELY for this.
 1. Which format and delimiter
 2. check which fields to export
 3. export path.

BUG:
Playlist groups aren't getting sorted to the top for me.

Thanks for doing Multimedia support!!!!!!

dougc

Volume control problem
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 02:51:44 pm »

I'm using XP Home with 2 sound devices.  Motherboard sound support is the XP default for sound.  MJ is configured to use the external USB device.  The volume slider in MJ is controlling the default internal device even though it is playing through the external USB device.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.81 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1992 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 180 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G:  RW-201040   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 03:06:33 pm »

Current Status...

• Fixed: An erase r/w operation doesn't automatically refresh the display when complete.  Have to press cancel and reselect the drive to show that the disc is now empty and ready.  

• New: Playlist order seems to be goofed up.  I now have...
    Top Hits
    Recently Played
    +Auto Smartlists (music)
    +Mixes   (custom group)
    +Auto Smartlists (video & image)
    Test     (a single test playlist)
    +Favorite Artists (custom group)

• New: Auto discovery of media servers always responds with one or more popups:  "Invalid Media Server information" plus the host name and port.

• New: If you make a parameter change on a media server and answer "Yes" to the "Do you want to reconnect" message, MS doesn't rebind itself to port 5556 and therefore won't answer autodiscovery queries.

• New: Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

• New: CD Playback fails in digital mode on all my readers including the ones that worked fine in V8.  I get the "Media Jukebox encountered errors wihle trying to play the last several files".   In analog mode, they play but the stop button doesn't do anything.

• Open: The media server response to auto-detect requests with the host name of the first interface it bound to, even if that interface isn't reachable by the requesting client.  My server has 2 interfaces, a public one, and a private one.  The Media Server binds to both.  When my laptop does a search, the server responds with the private ip address even though it's unreachable and the request came in on the public one.

• Open: The media server search results window contains 2 duplicate entries  for every server interface with the same address.  I.E.  2 multi-homed servers show up as 8 entries in the list, 4 duplicate entries for server 1 and 4 duplicate entries for server 2.  Previous problem could also apply.

• Open: Pressing cancel in the media server search results window attempts a connect anyway (aparently not to any of the resuls though since the connect fails).

• Open: When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  

• Open: If you select "Custom" as the MP3 Encoder Quality, the "Advanced" dialog allows you to select only bitrate instead of allowing you to specify custom command line parameters which is what it used to do.

• Open: "Calculate replay gain during ripping" isn't doing anything.

• Open: During a convert from wav to mp3, the track name is changed from
    "[NAME]" to "[TRACK #] - [NAME]".

• Open: The Import dialog still shows the old style patterns for setting properties from the directory and filename.  It also seems to not actually do anything even if corrected.

• Open: If you connect to a media server with a V8 database, V9 asks if you want to upgrade the database and re-analyze the files.   It should simply return an error message saying you can't connect to a server with a downlevel database.    If you press cancel on the upgrade message, MJ crashes.

• Open: Converting MP3 to WAV (as a test) with the results directed to a new directory.  The wav file is created in the new location correctly but then MJ attempts to copy it over the original mp3 file with the mp3 file extension. In earlier releases I got a pop-up that asks if I want to replace file "original name.mp3" with size 5mb with "original name.mp3" with size 52mb.  In this release, I get an "Error moving file or folder", "The file exists."

• Open: In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• Open: When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 1759 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TDK CDRW4800B   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: SONY CD-RW  CRX175A   Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

nila

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 03:10:15 pm »

Bug:
- export playlist isn't working. It's not exporting some of the fields. Below is an example of the first few lines: All stops after bitrate

|Artist|Track #|Name|Album|Year|Rating|Genre|Duration|File Size|Number Plays|Bitrate|File Type|Filename|
|112||Anywhere|Random Songs|1998|?|R&B|160 Kbps|
|112||Only You (BassMC Mix)|Random Songs|1998|?|R&B|128 Kbps|
|112|12|Only You (featuring Notorious Big)|Save The Last Dance OST|2000|?|Hip-Hop|192 Kbps|
|112 feat Beanie Sigel & Ludacr|8|Dance With Me / Peaches & Crea|We Invented the Remix         |2002|?|Hip-Hop|192 Kbps|
|2 Da Floor|20|Temple of Love (Dem 2 mix)|DJ Luck & Mc.Neat presents... (Disc 1)|2000|2|Drum & Bass|160 Kbps|
|2 Jedi|17|Never Gonna Stop|Teendreem [CD1]|2001|2|Drum & Bass|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |1|Big Syke (Interlude)          |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |2|My Closest Roaddogz           |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |3|N***** Nature (Remix)         |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |4|When Thugz Cry                |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |5|U Don't Have 2 Worry          |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|
|2 pac                         |6|This Ain't Livin              |Until The End Of Time - CD2   |2001|4|Rap|192 Kbps|

request
Ability to export to true XML format.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2002, 04:00:51 pm »

This one causes a complete crash ... no mouse movement, no keyboard action no CTRL-ALT-DEL no anything. The only recourse is a power off shutdown which causes all sorts of inconveniences.
I've done something I have not done in a very long time ... I've UNINSTALLED Media Jukebox.

Win 98SE
Media Jukebox 9.0.81
256 mb memory
533 Mhz Pentium III

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 04:11:18 pm »

C8,
Try a reboot/reinstall.  It isn't the build.  It's good.

Jim

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 04:14:37 pm »

Hi Matt,

I have problem connecting to your ftp server?  It hangs

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2002, 05:00:36 pm »

JNKH,
The server is working.  Firewall?

Jim

TimB

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2002, 05:04:25 pm »

Major Crisis (also going to try to email to JohnT):

Went to test ripping.  WHen it tried to rip the first file on the list MJ9 crashed in WINOLDAP.  Complete system hang requiring PC be physically turned off.

Rebooted system and the following items are muted in the Volume control in the system tray: Line-In, PC Speaker, Aux, Tad-In, CD Digital, SPFID-In.  I replicated this over two crashes.

Now Netscape is behaving weirdly after I run MJ9 and the volume control in my tray crashes when I access it while I'm in MJ9.

COuld this be a driver issue rather than MJ?  However it didn't start until I tried to rip.

Too tired tonight, will try tomorrow.

(Oh my cursor keys don't work either).

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 05:08:02 pm »

JimH,
I rebooted, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled. No change. It hangs up at startup. On two occassions, I got a "Stack error" with 96 mb free memory. Other times there is no message, just locking at startup. If it's me, I don't know what to do. 9.0.80 worked fine except for the non-ripping problem.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

TimB

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2002, 05:25:26 pm »

Too tired tonight, will try tomorrow.

(Oh my cursor keys don't work either).

-=Tim=-
I lied, still trying to isolate issue.  But I'll have to leave in a minute or wife will be unhappy.

OK, reinstalled drivers.  Reinstalled MJ9.  Rebooted after each.

I haven't had the patience to try playing or ripping CDs but MJ9 crashed sndvol32 (my volume control panel) when it was being displayed and I exited MJ9.  When Sndvol32 wasn't up MJ9 crashed Explorer when I exited MJ9.

I wanted to post this before trying to get System Info as I don't think I can maritally risk staying down here much longer and I wanted to get this info through. :)

I am using Win98SE on this machine.

(Oh cursor keys are working again.)

-=Tim=-  

TimB

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2002, 05:33:55 pm »

(Upstairs on XP laptop, fortunately my wife is on the phone and hadn't noticed my extended absence.  Not sure if that's good or bad news. ;)  )

After I wrote and posted the prior message I opened MJ9, went to System Info and copied to clipboard.

When I clicked the Netscape tab at the bottom of my screen (the one I'd been using for the above post) to return here netscp crashed and brought my system down.

-=Tim=-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2002, 05:36:53 pm »

Something with the new hook to handle MM keys must be causing problems.  We were scared that might happen :(

If you have problems, restart the computer then erase "MMKeyHandler.dll" from the MJ directory.  After that, you should be OK.

Tomorrow's build will fix this or remove the new global handler.

Sorry for any hassles.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2002, 05:46:13 pm »

"Record Sound" still no worky.

Using SP/Dif input on my SB Live! card:

Hear audio on my PC, have input in MJ set to "Mixer", no level on meters in MJ, no recording happening.

Using Line-in on my SB Live! card:

Hear audio on my PC, have input in MJ set to "Mixer" or "Line-in", and I can get level.

I keep getting the same error where it says "Excessive errors in WavInputDevice" or something like that. Often it crashes MJ when trying to record.

Media Jukebox  9.0.81 -- D:\Program Files\Media Jukebox 9\

Intel Pentium III 900 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-48125W   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2002, 05:48:26 pm »

3. Changed: Media Library schemes based on playlists only list applicable playlists, not all playlists.

Thanks for implementing this, Matt! (and any other programmers involved) So now, I wonder which will work better/easier: a sub-genre view scheme based on smartlists set up around my already-tagged custom sub-genre field, or a sub-genre view scheme based on playlist groups after assigning all my sub-genre-d files to corresponding playlists.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2002, 07:51:53 pm »

NEW: Selecting any of my Playlist Groups that has quite a few files under it (multiple Auto-Playlists and playlists under it) ... is taking over 15 seconds at 100% CPU to resolve the list ...

NEW: (or maybe I never noticed) ... The Restore Down/Maximize icon does not change state ... It always appears to be a Maximize icon

dragyn

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2002, 12:52:56 am »

What's the correct string for the logitech keyboard to work with v9?

I have: MediaJukebox=cmd,media jukebox.exe,MJFrame,MEDIA JUKEBOX,xxx,32778,32779,32780,32781,32782,0,1,Media Jukebox

Play/Pause needed to be pressed twice to work. Anyone having this problem?

dragyn

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2002, 12:53:21 am »

[shadow=black,down,300]Bugs[/shadow][/list]
    • ape/apl files show as incomplete for album type (ape image file).

• opening a playlist (.pls), files in the playlist show the imported icon but when right clicking in playing now, the option to "import file into library" is available.
    • if doing the above and "automatically import files" is unchecked, the icon shows as imported.
    • if playlist node is open, files automatically added to the playlist (.pls) do not show like media library. manual refresh needed.

• search, playlist bar, & file properties doesn't update when changing display font. statisics and property bar uses wrong font. manual refresh needed.
    • searching limited tracks, ~t=60, ~s=650, etc, hides files hidden by the view filter resulting in an incomplete list.
      ie: random 1 hour could show only 20mins.
    • unable to add a playlist group from "playlists..." in a search criteria. playlist="group" manually works.
    • unable to add/edit search criteria manually to a view scheme (not a group) if there is search criteria previously added (no keyboard cursor).

• remaining_time counts up for live http streams in visualizations.
    • "name" isn't update in visualizations/track info for live http streams when id3 info is available.

• clicking and releasing a drop down arrow from the "file" toolbar at the top crashes mj.
    • renaming a library name from library manager says library already exists or goes back to previous with inline editing.
    • using different libraries, favorites menu could point to invalid items (doesn't exist).

• using large fonts: player window, file properties, playlist bar, and tab headers clip the fonts (spacing, unreadable).
    • file properties (internal and windowed) has no horizontal slider.
    • columns in statistics for file properties are not remembered when switching views.
    • control bar doesn't use the correct font like the file property bar does.

• mj reports successful tag removal on read-only files. tag has not been removed.
    • after removing a tag (mp3), the tag editor will not write new tags (when told to) for inline editing using the same string (pressing enter). changing the value writes it.
    • removing id3tags from mp3s, and then having mj rewrite them ("update tags (from library)" or automatic writes), it will write a value for comment in the id3v1 field. This value could be of peak level, rating, or MJ version as shown in winxp file properties.
    • viewing the tag dump, it shows comment without a value (id3v1) and no values for id3v2.
    • re-importing the same mp3, comment field (library header) shows as "Media Jukebox" and tag dump as nothing (both id3v1&2),

• inline editing files and doing up/down for the next file loses keyboard focus if the tags needs to be written (saving tags).
    • moving up & down from inline editing multiple files, property page does not update for the file being edited.
    • the "ok" button goes off screen if the error box becomes too big (a lot of files failed to update).
    • view scheme groups sometimes get left behind when switching libraries. restart needed.

• filename/location isn't showing sub directories if there are a lot of files in parent directory. when first importing, these show properly. if using the parent directory as root, sub directories show.
    • selecting a computer (unc root) for filename/location says directory does not exist. adding it manually works.

• condensed display mode (toggle list style twice) will sometimes start the first item displayed instead of the one selected. usually happens when viewing all files from a parent view like artist (with more than 1 album). individual items like album from arist/album works ok.
    • locate file, on disk (internal) freezes for unc files.
    • importing files that a codec cannot be found (avi especially), MJ stops responding.
    • "Auto Smartlist (music) / Top Hits - 100 most played" is showing files that were never played. needs numberplays=>0 added.

• when importing video files, mj goes in and out of focus. when mj is in background and you try bring it to the front, other applications go in and out of focus because mj can't be brought to the top.
    • display window isn't resizing viewing area when control bars are always shown. track info, video, visualizations, and none (cover art). top arrow for scroll bars in track info is hidden behind the player bar (windowed).
    • viewing an image (right-click, show), it always goes to full screen mode even if windowed mode is activated (jump on play set to none).
    • viewing an image (right-click, play), the control bar shows n/a for file names.
    • thumbnails do not show in correct order from the list shown when switching views.
    • full screen on monitor #2 retains focus when auto-hide bars hide.
    • full screen is always on top. other full screen programs allow windows to be put on top of it (ie: remote desktop). dual monitor setup.
    • using "last exit mode", windowed mode won't show upon startup.

• changing display image location doesn't update pic (gif). restart needed.

[shadow=black,down,300]Requests[/shadow]
    • checkbox like system for columns (just like importing).
    • remember separate settings for the control bar, one for each mode (internal, windowed, and full screen).
    • option to always hide control bar.
    • windowed toolbar button.
    • splitter bar for the search window.

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 84 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC CD-W54E   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

TimB

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2002, 01:20:42 am »

Something with the new hook to handle MM keys must be causing problems.  We were scared that might happen :(

If you have problems, restart the computer then erase "MMKeyHandler.dll" from the MJ directory.  After that, you should be OK.

Tomorrow's build will fix this or remove the new global handler.

Sorry for any hassles.

Wahoo, I can rip!!

Thanks Matt for saving my sanity (its a constant battle, trust me on this!!!)  ::)

-=Tim=-

Crowhurst

• What's Up
    « Reply #22 on: November 22, 2002, 04:40:49 am »

9.0.81 Taging problem

Comment field shown incorectly (shows a number like 3, 5 ect). Using Windows XP & when I look at file in windows shows number in comment field. Shows corectly in MJ. Tried stripping tags completly in MJ & refilling field but still get a number instead of what I type in the comment field. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks  ?

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
    • TiVo-aholic
    « Reply #23 on: November 22, 2002, 05:02:33 am »

What exactly are "multi-media keys" ? Are you talking about keyboard keys for play/pause/volume ?

ZRocker

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2002, 05:16:10 am »

Bugs:

1. When I click on any CD, DVD & Handhelds, MJ complains about 'Can't find Portable Plug-In'.  So, I re-installed and got the same error.  Next, I downloaded and installed Portable Drive - 3.0.17 (from the MJ webpage for 8.0) and it seemed to work.  But, MJ crashes whenever I click on a CD track (in right window).  I can queue the tracks to play (via a right-click) in the left windows on the CD-Rom drive.  Now, I queued them and MJ crashed because I went back on clicked on a CD track in the right windows.  Now, MJ just crashes every time I restart it because of the CD tracks remaining in playing now...argh, I'm dead now and will probably have to uninstall and re-install MJ 9.0 completely.

UPDATE:  This only happens when you have the File Properties window displayed and on the Format tab and click on a CD audio track.

2. Also, I was going to try and rip  to MP3, but MJ just complained it couldn't find the MP3 plug-in when I used the Plug-In manager to review the MP3 encoder settings.  I manually downloaded and installed the 8.0 MP3 encoder from the MJ webpage and seemed to get past that problem.  I think MJ 9.0 should be asking whether you want to install the MP3 encoder (and not just complain and leave the user wondering).

System Info:
    Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.81 -- E:\Programs\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium III 20 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive X: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

ZRocker

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2002, 06:10:05 am »

Bugs:

1. When highlighting and deleting multiple tracks in a playlist (or anywhere) in MJ, after the delete the selection remains (in place) and automatically highlights those tracks that update/replace the ones were there.

2. When only one track is highlighted (in a playlist), the status like used to display the stats information for all tracks in playlist (in v8.0 and prior).  Now, MJ 9.0 displays only the stats info for the currently selected track.  So, now you have to unselect all tracks to see the stats for the entire playlist...again, a pain since you usually always have one track selected when reviewing/navigating a playlist (normal operation).

ZRocker

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2002, 06:25:48 am »

Bugs:

1. Using the Rearrange CD Folders (CD burning) crashed MJ regularly.

2. Maintaining (renaming via F2) CD folders in a data CD burn (left window) causing MJ to crash regularly.

3. Clicking Cancel on a data CD burn causes MJ to crash regularly.

4. When burning an audio CD, the MJ burner info windows says 0% (0 Tracks, ...) even though tracks are In Queue and waiting to be burned.

5. When burning a data CD with tracks whose filenames are longer than 64 chars, the non-internal burner (GoldenHawk) burned fine but just truncated the filenames on the burned CD to 64, but the Playlist.m3u file reference the full length filenames (originals).  Using the MJ (internal) burner, MJ offered to copy the files and rename them to proper 64 char filenames.  Also, note the files lost the .Mp3 extension because of the brute force turncation.  AND...will we get back the 110 char filename burning support that was supported in MJ v8.0 (Goldenhawk library I believe)...please, please, please!!??

nila

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2002, 07:57:18 am »

BUG:

• Introduced a few builds ago - Double clicking a .m3u playlist still results in MJ trying to play the playlist file rather than loading the playlist and playing that.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
    • Farm Animal Stupid
    « Reply #28 on: November 22, 2002, 10:59:54 am »

2. NEW: Added ability to show only certain playlist groups in "Playlist" pane.

What is this for? I've played around with it a bit, and I can't find any useful purpose for this? Any suggestions on what can be done with this?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
    • Farm Animal Stupid
    « Reply #29 on: November 22, 2002, 11:37:37 am »

Bugs for Media Jukebox ver. 9.0.81

• Search : The Full Albums Modifier menu option seems like it would be better served as a checked option in the menu (as well as being displayed in the Search Box) as there is currently no way to turn it off via the menu.

• Search : Removing items from any rule that uses OR leaves the OR in place.

• Search : There is no way to indicate OR or AND with the wizard.

• Search : Trying to add any kind of Search Rule that uses a date is really ugly. For instance, when exactly was 1037900459?

• Search : Sorting allows charcters to be typed now, but I have no indication of what I'm allowed to type. If I type in the name of a valid field, then it works fine, but wouldn't it be better to provide a list of valid fields to choose from?

• Search : If you choose a Search Criteria, then choose Edit by Typing, and hit Ctrl-C to copy and go to a different smartlist and hit Ctrl-V to paste, the entire list of Search Criteria is copied instead of just the one you wanted. I can see a need for both behaviors.

• Playlists : If I drag a playlist out of one group and into another group, MJ presents me a with white square plus icon, which, based on standard Windows GUI behavior indicates a copy behavior, but instead is a move. I think this should behave exactly like Windows Explorer's drag and drop, including using Shift and Ctrl to modify the behavior, and allowing the Right Click drag that Windows has. It would just be more intuitive to people alreay using Windows.

• Transitioning from a Quicktime file (mov) results in a crash.

• Adding images and music to Playing Now isn't consistent. If audio is already in Playing Now, then Adding images to Playing Now does nothing, if music is played first, then images are played, Playing Now is wiped and only images are shown, but if images are played first, and then music is added, the desired result of images and audio simultaneously is acheived.

• The desired result for the next three is that Image Playback will suspend when needed, but then continue when appropriate. Instead, the following is happening.

• Playing Now : While watching a slideshow and listening to music, if I click from Images to Track Info, then back to Images, the slideshow is wiped.

• If I Play images, then Play a playlist with music and video in it, the slideshow clears immediately even if the first file to play is Audio.

• When viewing images and listening to music, if Playing Now contains a video, playing that video will clear all images from slideshow.

• MEGA-ME Skinning : Renaming a playlist gives me the following drawing bug:

• So apparently, MJ's Recently Imported toolbar button works as long as I first manually create a smartlist called "Recently Imported" and clear the checkbox for "Clear Recently Imported on exit". This makes me unsure what to think of my next "bug".

• The option for "Clear "Recently Imported" playlist on exit" seems a bit useless now.

• Ever since Tree View got the ability to display individual items in the tree, Quick Play acts all funky. I can't choose an individual file to play from Media Library without also telling the Tree View to display track names.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• Content View : No matter where on the headers you right click to add a column, the new column is added at the beginning. Wouldn't it be more user friendly if the column was added where the right click occured?

• Content View : You can now right click on a filename and rename the file right from MJ. Cool. The only problem was that I accidentally (ok, it wasn't really an accident) renamed a file to Pink - Just Like a Pill.Apl2 (note the 2 at the end of the extension). Attempting playback now works, but when I then used the same method to rename the file back to what it was (with just .apl) I received the following message:

After which MJ's link to that file was broken. While MJ's database has the filename listed with .apl, the actual filename is still .apl2. Once I manually renamed the file in Explorer, everything worked fine again.
      I thought I had read that this was fixed, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

• Playing Now : Deleting the currently playing file from Playing Now stops playback. Clicking NExt or Previous plays the first track in the playlist (shouldn't it remember where the removed file was and act accordingly?), and clicking Play results in an error message that says "Please select file(s) to play." Double clicking another file in Playing Now will restart playback.

• Trying to download any kind of plugin or skin through our proxy server/firewall results in a message of "Failed to connect to a server." This is after it prompted me for my username, password, and domain to get through our firewall. This has worked in the past, but has always been problematic.

Media Jukebox  9.0.81 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Unknown 162 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 60 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TEAC CD-W216E   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
    • Farm Animal Stupid
    « Reply #30 on: November 22, 2002, 11:38:06 am »

Requests

• Vis Bars : I'd (still) like to see seperate hide modes for each of MJ's display modes (Internal, External, Fullscreen). I'd like to have them never hide in Internal, but autohide in Fullscreen & External, for instance.

• Rename from Properties & Fill Properties from Filename : Any way we could get a wizard-type interface for this like we now have (more or less) with the Search bar? So that we can build the templates instead of having to pick a pre-existing and modify it, or knowing the different criteria?

• Anyway that MJ could remember the last 5 or so Naming Templates for Rename from Properties and Fill Properties from Filename that we used last, whether it was pre-existing or one that we made?

• mini-me Skinning : Kerensky had a whole list of skinning features that are currently found in other media apps (like Winamp 3 and Sonique 2). I'd like to add my voice in support of these. Here's the list for reference.

• Mega-Me and Mini-Me should have the same skinning features/abilities.

• Skinning engine should have all the features that Winamp 3.0 has.

• Mini-me skins should be able to display the left media tree pane, instead of just the playlist pane.

• Instead of having to use standard fonts, include support for skinned fonts. This is where, with .bmps, you can map out a alphabet, and numbers that the player would use instead of a regular font. Quintessential, Coolplayer, and Winamp 3 already support this with their skinning engines and it's one of the coolest features I've ever seen.

• When the mute function, I'd like a way to keep the mute button displaying the down .bmp while the player is muted.

• With playlists in mini-me mode, there should be the ability to customize what info in displayed. The default seems to be Track # - Artist - Song Name - Song Length. This may be possible already, but I haven't been able to find out how. Personally I'd just like to display Track # - Song Name - Song Length.  

• When displaying the elapsed or remaining time, allow skin authors to specify how many digits are displayed at any one time. Right now from what I can see, MJ displays only as many digits as is needed (with most songs usually m:ss), but for instance in one of my skins I'd like to specify that the elapsed time be displayed like hh:mm:ss always even is the unused digits only display 0's when not being used.

• Add support for Windows XP features like ClearType font smoothing and Alpha Blending Window edges.

• Include ability to specify the background color of the currently playing song.

• Include ability to change the icons throughout MJ.

• Include ability to use the media library search bar in skins.

• Replay Gain : MJ really needs Album Gain. If Playing Now contains a full album, use Album Gain, otherwise, use Radio Gain. If it's a mix between a full album and mixed tracks, check to see if the tracks belonging to the album are all in track order. If so, use Album Gain on those tracks. If not, use Radio Gain on the entire Playing Now list.

• Image List View : Can there be some "missing image" image? Like the MJ logo in place of a blank square? Or a red circle with a line through it? Or better yet, an image that we can specify for all missing artwork?

• Image List View : For the single image album art view, there needs to be a way to see the tracks belonging to that album. Maybe a multipaned view that shows the cover image on the left and the track names on the right? Or even a tooltip balloon like the ones that Rhino is using in his AlbumView plugin.

• Content View : Can all views remember their own view settings? Basically, what I'd like to see is Playing Now being able to just display Artist, Album, Name, and Track #, but have Media Library display more detailed information, like filename, BPM, etc. I'd also like to be able to specify that an Album view scheme display the album art view, but an Artist view shows the regular text view, etc. Playing Now should be able to be independently set to always show list view or image view, etc.

• Slideshow : How about an option to display the filename of the current file in Fullscreen mode?

• Ripping : I'd also like to see MJ be able to rip a CD to one wav\ape\mp3 and create a CUE sheet. Being able to create the relevant APL or whatever files in addition would be great along with an option to either import the full album wav\ape\mp3 or not.

• Visualizations : Can these remember what Display Quality to use based on what mode (Full Screen, MEGA-ME, mini-me) MJ is in?

• Can we get an option in Skin Manager to close Skin Manager on skin change?

• I've heard rumor that some of the options dialogs are going to be redesigned. This is, IMO, a GREAT thing. I'm going to suggest changes as I see them, so to start, here's one that's bugged me for quite a while.

• In order to change the Sorting options, you need to 1. Select the field you want to move. 2. Click Edit. 3. Click Move Selected Up/Down. Wouldn't it be simpler to allow dragging of items? Or even two arrows (up/down) beside this box that would move the items?

• Also, what does "Track # for Albums" mean and why would I want it checked? Why would I want it UNchecked? I've never seen it make any difference either way. If it actually has a purpose, it should be more clearly explained. And can somebody explain it to me? :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up