INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID tag questions.  (Read 876 times)

homelybear

• I'm tryin' to think but nothings happening!
ID tag questions.
« on: January 01, 2003, 06:43:38 am »

Nearing the end of my evaluation period and only have two problems unresolved. Running 8.0.393 on P4/2.3 ghz with XP Home edition. I can't figure out how to submit the tag info I entered to yadb. Also, when I insert a CD I have entered it tries to look it up and then just displays the track numbers. If I play the ripped titles from the media library all the info is there! Just thought of a third problem: I'm not sure how to use this forum. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Email is homelybear@yahoo.com.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ID tag questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 07:27:11 am »

There's a help section called "using YaBB" above.

With 8.0, you can submit CD's but not tracks.  9.0 submits tracks, too.

To submit a CD, enter the info first, then right click on the CD in the tree.

homelybear

• I'm tryin' to think but nothings happening!
Re: ID tag questions.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 02:27:35 am »

The trouble with help files is that they are written by people who know all the answers. "Using YABB" doesn't mention how you ask a question. It tells you how to post and start a new thread. A person unfamiliar with bulletin boards would not know they are the same thing. I eventually came to that realization as you can tell by my presence here today.

As mentioned in my question, excuse me, I mean in my post: The ID tag info I entered is apparently still present since it appears when I select an album from media library but inserting the CD from which it was ripped results in "CD Not Found" and then just the track numbers. Is there any way to link the data now in the library to the physical CD so that I can submit it to yadb? It is approximately 24 CDs and I am not going to enter it again since I don't often use the PC for playing CDs after I rip them. I moved them to a different location after ripping but putting them back didn't help. My library is now 2401 tracks/9.5gb and growing. MediaJukebox is the best I have found for handling large libraries and mine is getting to that point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up