INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.24 beta available  (Read 11756 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.24 beta available
« on: December 24, 2003, 11:13:58 am »

Media Center 10.0.24 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10024.exe

10.0.24 (12/24/03) -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. Fixed: View schemes with grouped fields were not saving / loading properly.
2. Fixed: Duration after import of some AAC files was incorrect.
3. Changed: Several enhancements to new Action Window burning system.
4. Fixed: Reordering files (via drag-n-drop) would select a dropped file multiple times if it occured more than once in the list.
5. Changed: In-place editing combobox enlarged to account for drop arrow.
6. Changed: Updated Media Mode toolbar art.
7. Fixed: In-place editing would show the wrong values for the "selected set" portion of the list.
8. Changed: In-place editing handles more values before saying <too many to list>.

10.0.23 (12/22/03)

1. NEW: Ability to import AAC tag information into MC.
2. NEW: New Action Window based system for burning CDs. (still a work in progress)

10.0.22 (12/19/03)

1. Fixed: Media Center could report an error after finshing a track, even if there was no error.

10.0.21 (12/19/03)

1. Changed: Rearranged the "burning complete" dialog.
2. Fixed: Hairstyle was not using the same view schemes as MEGA-ME.
3. NEW: Several enhancements to TV frequency overriding.
4. Fixed: WMA decoder would hang when trying to decode DRM content it didn't have rights to decode.
5. Changed: Handheld format converter will no longer attempt to convert DRM protected files.
6. Changed: Toolbars accept right-clicks to run buttons. (customize in Options -> Tree & View)
7. Fixed: Media Mode toolbar was allowing customization.
8. Changed: Removed playlist view mode -- use a smartlist for advanced view filtering.
9. Changed: Bottom toolbar empty by default. (existing customization not lost)
10. Changed: CD drives not shown in 'My Computer' view since they're above 'My Computer.'
11. Changed: Display window's top bar would unnecessarily show up when locking the tree left.
12. Fixed: JRImage rounding error that could cause pixel bleeding under intense zoom.
13. Changed: Removed 'My Computer' view mode option at bottom. (too easy to take forever in recursive mode)
14. Changed: 'My Computer' views honor Media Type mode.
15. Changed: Removed tree full of 'Auto-Smartlists' by default.
16. NEW: When creating a smartlist, you can select from a list of presets.
17. Fixed: WMDM devices will attempt to reinitialize after an initial failure.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LisaRCT

Re:Media Center 10.0.24 beta available
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 11:20:21 am »

I hope there is a Christmas surprise inside!   ;D

Thanks for the Xmas build . . .  have a wonderful holiday!

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 11:44:55 am »

bug: right clicking on topbar/bottom bar is not working
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 11:56:56 am »

bug: right clicking on topbar/bottom bar is not working

Isn't that by design?

10.0.21 (12/19/03)

6. Changed: Toolbars accept right-clicks to run buttons. (customize in Options -> Tree & View)

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 12:44:21 pm »

Xmas Eve build? No way! For heavens sake, go home and relax!

Have a happy holiday - thanks to you my Xmas day soundtrack will be courtesy of MC.

Oh, and if youre having beef for your Christmas dinner - consider sticking to salad :)

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 02:39:55 pm »

...  it would be great if the media mode were sticky and remembered it's settings between MC startup/shutdowns.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 04:10:19 pm »

I deleted a couple comments about media mode art.  It's not open for debate, sorry.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 05:05:35 pm »

Strange redraw bug in past 2 builds . . .  when viewing TV, if you click from Playing Now to MediaLibrary, MC shows a double-file-list as shown below:

*It also even asked if I wanted to turn on tagging while showing two dissociated file lists when I clicked on a filename. . . . scary!!  :o

Win2K
AMD XP2100+
1GB DDR333
ATi A-I-W7500
MC10.0.24beta

Marko

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 05:17:50 pm »

24/12/03

Bugs
1. The "My Computer" toolbar button sends to "plugins" tree node (as does ctrl + 6)

2. [date] field not being saved to file. (this option is off by default, but I want it on, so I turned it on. It's not working)

3. tagging mode: select files (audio) with different dates. The pane shows selected dates. Clicking any available date sets all dates to "unassigned"

4. streaming wma very hit & miss. digitallyimported wma streams are now working. When a stream that does work is found, MC reports only "wma stream" in player area. Windows media player will display stream related info for the same streams. (Thread for wma streaming discussion).

5 . streaming .ram audio. MC initially catalogues these as video streams. After changing the filetype to audio, vizualisations still don't play.

6 . 'Right click > locate >?' only works in "all media" mode

7 . 'Right click > locate > internal/external, in "audio" mode. Internal works, but the tree is not scrolled to bring the selected folder into view, and MC always crashes soon after. external opens the folder, but the target file is not selected.

8 . Action Window: go into any sub-section of file properties. Clicking back returns to AW home, not File Properties' home

9 . Clicking on the plugins tree node used to load the d'load plugins webapage. Currently this is returning a 404.

10. I have a data dvd backup called "ape 03", windows correctly displays the volume name in "my computer". MC however, lists it as "unnamed disc (6)". Selecting this "unnamed disc" brings up the "gathering info & updating dialogue, which refuses to go away. Clicking the cancel button causes the gather and update to finish, and all files on the disc are listed.

11. Party Mode is not working. To reproduce, activate party mode, make a library change, then imagine some goofball has made a thousand similar changes. Ha, no worrys eh, coz we're running in party mode. Click view and come out of party mode and watch as MC appears to reset itself, clears out playing now (annoying) and then saves any changes made to the library. If MC is closed while in party mode, the changes are not saved.

Annoyances
1. Rip CD (bug?): Insert audio disc, click on "rip cd". The "norm" up to now has been for MC to automatically parse cd-rom drives and present them for ripping. Now, I get a "no files selected" dialogue and must select the drive to rip from prior to ripping

2. Can't believe you removed the "recursive" options from my computer. All those times I goofed and wound up with C:\ selected, the cancel button worked just fine for me. Is it not possible to filter the root or even selected folders from the recursive command? Need to have this back, please.

3. Just a gentle nudge --->Link

4. Pane header right click options. Why remove such an immensly functional menu? Now, instead of right-click, move left/right, then back again, we have to pop that dialogue and play with up/down buttons, then go back and do it all again to put things back.

5. This feels really uncomfortable. After trying to really use the action window, it winds up like so.... http://foc.no-ip.com/pics/aw.jpg. Feels extremely claustrophobic. It really began to grind. In taginfo view for example, it was just using much needed screen real estate, and I had absolutely no way to take control of it.

Wishlist
1. rename files from properties: Can we have an MRU button (for recently used locations) next to the browse button for "base directory"

2. remember category bar state across sessions (not reset to "all")

3. remember action window state across sessions

4. remember right-click MRU across sessions

5. Auto-complete: Would be neat if this could also "auto-dropdown" and filter the list. (I always forget to drop-down first and think auto-complete is broke)

6. Long time wish :)

Media Center Registered 10.0.24 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1603 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

sraymond

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 06:09:05 pm »

I deleted a couple comments about media mode art.  It's not open for debate, sorry.  

Jim,

For me it's not a problem...  I can easily replace the icons myself.  But I had commented to provide feedback for improving the program, which I assumed was always desired (even if it wasn't always given consideration.)

Scott-

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 06:27:01 pm »

Scott,
Views are always appreciated.  Some can become controversial without any hope of a happy outcome (panes or no panes, for example).  Some, we are just going to plunge ahead.

I hope you understand and Happy New Year.

Jim

sraymond

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 07:38:44 pm »

Now I do understand - thanks for explaining.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for a trip so some tropical island?  Me, I'm just getting ready to fry up some chicken wings and finish wrapping the Christmas presents after the little one goes to bed.

Scott-

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 07:52:48 pm »

I'm ready.  But I envy you with a small child at Christmas.  I have lots of nice memories about this.

Thanks, also, for all of your exemplary contributions to the forum this last year.

Jim

NetMage

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 10:27:09 pm »

Some Media Center annoyances from a Media Jukebox registered user:

1. Why doesn't Rip and Encode work right? My PC can't RIP at maximum speed with it on or off - because it is track at a time. The new WinAmp seems to have this right - do them in parallel. I did this manually in Media Jukebox by RIP to wave then Converting to MP3 later.

2. Why did converting to Media Center make all my music recently imported?

3. Why isn't there a Filedate search/smartlist choice?

4. I had a smartlist in Media Jukebox for No Year - it worked because I selected each year in the list. Media Center doesn't show me a year list (but has Year - Album???).

5. The top toolbar with convert/rip/burn was much nicer in Media Jukebox. How about a Media Jukebox skin?

6. How about Save SmartList and Edit SmartList  options?

Enough for now :)

KimKman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 11:09:11 pm »

Just installed the new beta. My Ipod simply shows as IPOD(H:) now with all prior setup gones. I see the file folders etc. It looks as if I was looking at it in windows explorer. Will not do a format either. Any Ideas? All was working fine in 9.1

Thanks,
Kim

nguyenkhoang

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 11:10:01 pm »

?
I was doing a DVD backup of my music (hard drive making some strange noises, and refused to be seen at one POST).  Anyway, what happened to the "Settings" option whereby I can select to put all the songs from one artist into a folder.  It is no longer there, so all I have no folders and a couple of hundred songs in playlist format on my backup DVD.

At this rate, I might as well have used Nero Burning Rom, since all of my songs are physically located in the the proper artist folder!  The only advantage for me in using MC was for the saved playlist, which I export to another file to keep track of which songs I have archived to DVD.

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2003, 01:49:37 am »

I don't know if this is a bug, but when clicking on the AUDIO button, it seems that I'm strangely not able to access to access the radio station page ("Web Media").  

Also, the bug I reported a few builds ago (not being able to use the LOCATE tool when in Audio mode) is still present :(

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2003, 01:54:12 am »

Another bug:  In the radio page, even when I select 128k ISDN connections, most of the radio stations that are listed on the search results page are NOT of this bandwidth type :-(.

Nick-S

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2003, 02:30:36 am »

Hi,

is there any possibility to make the "Wireless Optical Desktop Elite"-Set (Keyboard and Mouse) from Microsoft work with Medie Center 10? The Media-Controls (Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previus) are only working with Windows Media Player.

Regards,

Nick

P.S.: Please excuse my bad english...

Endymion

• Recent member
  • I am who I have always been
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2003, 02:34:09 am »

1. NEW: Ability to import AAC tag information into MC.

SWEET!!!!

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 03:34:56 am »

Merry Christmas!

When importing files via the SDK, MC doesn't fill out the database fields from the file tag like if does when you import manually.

Also, is it possible to specify the exact delete function you want to apply (via the SDK)? Eg. Delete from Library, Delete from Harddrive, etc...

Scott

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2003, 05:09:18 am »

Nick-S:
One is not 100% sure it works with the Microsoft keyboard set (though I imagine it will, works fine with my Logitech MX Wireless keyboard/mouse), but the 'Playing Now' plugin allows one to use multimedia keys through a setting in the main .ini file.  When thou hast installed the product, thou wilt find the ini file in the windows directory (typically c:\windows\PlayingNow.ini) and upon the sixth line is an entry 'EnableMediaCentreMultiMediaKeys=False', simply change this to true and thou shouldest be able to use thy multimedia keys. Thou wilst find the 'Playing Now' plugin on this page: http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/accessories.php (under 'Interface Plugins'.)

[size=-2]One hast been watching too many medieval movies :)[/size]

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:multimedia keyboard
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2003, 07:25:36 am »

Nick-S/Zarius

here is another solution that works by emulating winamp, which all multimedia keyboards support
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=15520;start=msg105777#msg105777

it works fine with the latest version of MC 9 and MC 10

Regards,

Marcel Houweling

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2003, 07:37:47 am »

- When trying to convert a file(s) from within "Drives & Devices/My Computer/...",
it says that there are no files selected and jumps to my CD device.

It only starts converting this file(s) if I put them in Playing now first.

- TV Tuner toolbar button doesn't work

- Can TV controls (Recording & Timeshifting) & DVD controls in hairstyle be at a better place then in Display options ? Or even better, create "windows messages" for these actions

- In hairstyle when doing "mjextman /Command Play" on a song (when not in file mode), it starts playing that song, when doing this with TV channels, it will start always the first channel

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

LisaRCT

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2003, 08:35:00 am »

Autorip bug?
While in 'AutoRip' mode:
first disc is ripped,
second disc is inserted,
YADB is checked for disc info,
tracks properly identified and tagged from YADB data,
MC stops -
does NOT rip second disc, merely displays the tracks with the YADB track info assigned.

BTW, I really like the new BURN interface!  :D

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2003, 12:17:49 pm »

I've posted this before, but have yet to see a response or a program change.  Please acknowledge one way or the other.

When cycling between modes using the F11 or Ctrl-W keys, Hairstyle always returns to the main menu page.  I generally have thumbnails of the Playing Now list and would expect that when returning to Hairstyle, the view of thumbnails would be there.  Instead, I'm back to the menu.

NetMage

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2003, 01:21:38 pm »

Tried to Burn Audio CD - selecting Show List doesn't show files - says 0 files at bottom of list display.
In Burn area, says 21 files, 76 Min
No Disk Icon showing since only once Burner??? like help says to click
Clicking on Burner Drive in Drives & Devices shows blank list
Clicking Options|Clear List still shows empty list and 21 Files, 76 Minutes in Burn Area
21 Files - 76 min - 0% Full

No Web site shortcuts in Help Menu
Lots of refernces to MJ instead of Media Center in Help, Web Site esp. (like when you buy upgrade)

Using Firebird to buy upgrade caused license file to be displayed, not downloaded/executed. Wrong MIME type?

No apparent option to burn MP3 CD instead of Audio CD - situation created by pressing Burn command button in bottom toolbar - using Burn Action offers type of CD option
Same thing uses menu - Tools|Burn CD gives no option for type of CD and shows empty list when playlist dragged to Burn CD area

Going through Burn CD action creates and shows list properly but bottom status still shows 0 files when clicking show list command in Burn CD Action Pane

Somehow during all this Playlist group sorted playlists alphabetically. Why does it change the order in the group?

After the Burn is complete the Burn CD Action Pane (audio, presumably) reverts to Drag Files Here. It should probably revert to Action Files.

Playing tracks from the CD, the Position Slider doesn't work properly all the way to the end - click it near the end and it is past the song length.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2003, 01:55:18 pm »

Here's an easy one: Why not use the MediaCenter logo to indicate the currently playing track in Hairstyle?

I love having the play icon on the thumbnail and the MC logo would look better and is PERFECT for the job!

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2003, 10:21:44 pm »

Hi,

is there any possibility to make the "Wireless Optical Desktop Elite"-Set (Keyboard and Mouse) from Microsoft work with Medie Center 10? The Media-Controls (Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previus) are only working with Windows Media Player.

Yes, please.  I just got the same keyboard and mouse set.

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2003, 03:01:33 am »

Hi Matt

For the last few builds, the MC engine is very slow.

a) Playing a track- takes about 10 secs to start.  It takes 5 secs to play, and another 5 secs for MC to register the action, from WAITING to the track name.

b) When starting MC, it takes about 25 secs to load.

c)  For many situations, MC has to do alot of ACTION WINDOW UPDATE.  It really slow things down.

d) After we install MC, and if we choose to enter into MC online web page, it will always enter into the online web page.  After we restart, it will still enter into the online web page.  There is no way of returning to the default web page.  We would like to return to the default web page because we would like to customize our own web page.

What I would like to know is

a) Is my system too slow for MC now?  

Media Center Registered 10.0.24 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1295 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 178 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  CDD4851 CD-R/RW    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JNKH

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2003, 03:53:46 am »

MC seems slightly slower for me as well, particularly in buffering tracks that are already on my hard drive.  Whereas I recall such tracks playing almost immediately, now they take 2-3 seconds to start sometimes.

In fairness, though, I've also installed a few other new programs on my system, so it's not necessarily MC itself that has caused the slowdown.

Nick-S

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2003, 05:56:05 am »

The two tips for the media-buttons from the Wireless Optical Desktop Elite are not working.

I've changed the playingnow.ini, but there isn't any difference.  :(

Isnt' there any other possibility?  ?

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2003, 06:06:47 am »

I'll reply here so Nick-S can find it, but maybe this should have it's own thread?
I assume you did, but just to confirm... did you completely shut down Media Center and restart after changing the ini file? (to be safer, edit the ini file only when Media Center isn't running).  Only other possibilities I can think of are using Girder with the KeyboardEx plugin to map the multimedia keys, but this is outside the scope of this board, and can bit a bit tricky to setup (I've got it working with mine though.)  There may be a configuration file around for the keys, I can't comment on the Microsoft keyboard, but with the Logitech one there is a 'players.ini' file that tells the software what programs to use that I can edit (I can tell it to send windows messages to Media Center), but this is also a little tricky.  It would be nice if MC natively supported the keys (if possible) ;)

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2003, 09:55:36 am »

If 'remote server' is enabled and 'netremote' is running (trying to connect to the remote server on port 8080) and *then* I start media center 10 , then media center exits again immediatly (without an error message)

If I stop 'netremote' first, then wait until media center is running, then start netremote again. Then there is no problem...

I don't know if this problem also occurred in older versions...

Regards,

Marcel Houweling

ZRocker

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2003, 12:21:05 pm »

Bug:
1. For data CD burning, we lost all the directory and file burning options that used to exist.  (those that allowed you to create directory names and/or file names based on tag information).

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2003, 12:37:25 pm »

MC freezes my pc for 25 seconds or so when it stops playing audio tracks.

Media Center Registered 10.0.24 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 601 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 19 MB
Resource Info: System - 50 %, GDI - 64 %, User - 50 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jara

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2003, 01:53:48 pm »

Convert Format still doesn't work with .Wav files as source.

Can easiliy be reproduced - just try!

Rgds JARA

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2003, 03:46:03 am »

Just found a bug by accident... I was cut & pasting the artist's name out of the name field (was attached to the song name) and accidently pasted into album, so I deleted it from Album and put it in artist, went to the next song and saw that it hadn't deleted the album entry.  A little more testing revealed:

- Whilst using the AW Tag Info, enter any info into any field (artist/album/comment have all done it for me), the tags update in the list view... now without changing songs, click on the same field and delete it, press enter and you should notice the field doesn't update and when you change songs and go back, the data is still there.  If you put new info into the field instead of empting it, it updates... it seems to only ignore the emptying of the field.

EDIT: Seems the problem is a little more complex than that... I just cut the entire name field by accident and pasted it in the album field (using shift-del to cut and shift-ins to paste) so to fix it I cut it back out of the album field and pasted into the name field, clicked on the next song and the previous song had no name tag at all, whereas the deleted album field was still there.  (I also managed to get one songs tags completely empty - not sure about the stepbystep for that.) The problem doesn't seem to occur with in-line editing, but in-line editing would take a lot longer than my current process of cut and paste using the AW (being able to change to the next song from the AW - eg pagedown - would cut my tagging time in half [and RSI :)], since the majority of my time spent is moving the mouse from the AW to the list and back... it adds up over a lot of files).

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2003, 04:05:07 am »

Just used 'Clean File Properties' with the title option set to 'Upper Case All Words'... it left this title - "Simon Smith And The Amazing Dancing Bear[fozzie & Scooter]"
EDIT: imjustagamer noted that Bear[fozzie is one word... :)

LonWar

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2003, 10:18:19 am »

If there was a space bwtween r in Bear and [f it would have worked.

-

ZRocker

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2003, 11:14:20 am »

Bugs:
1. I've noticed this bug with 9.1 and 10 consistantly, but I think it must have started in a late 9.1 release (before 10 beta).  If you 'access' MP3 files not imported in MC currently, MC doesn't not display the Comment field information in the Content View window or the AW Tag Info panel.  But, if you use the AW File Type Info panel, MC will display the Comment data (it is threre!).  If you go ahead and import the MP3 tracks, still no Comment data is displayed (but it is there).  Only way to see the Comment data is to re-apply the comment data (manually)...re-tag.  All these MP3 files only have v1.1 tags (no v2.x tags) and all were tagged using MC (on two PCs...moving files between the two PCs).

2. Since CD drives were removed (in an earlier version) from the My Computer node, you can no longer import tracks from a data CD from withing MC...there is no right-click Import... option.  You have to either use Windows Explorer (and MC right-click option there) or the separate Import Media... option in MC (under Library menu options).  This makes it 'hard' to use MC to catalog all your backup data CDs full of MP3s (like I was attempting to do....for grins at this point...cuz I use Adv. Disk Catalog and I'm quite happy with it, but was just wondering if MC could do the same w/o too much grief).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2003, 05:33:44 pm »

MC won't import .MOV files from a digital camera, even though I added that extension to the list of extenstions to search.

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2003, 03:20:59 am »

Sorry, I can't purchase MC10 !!!! :-X :-[ :-\ ;D !!!

By "Help", "Buy Media Center" :

=> Failed to initiate Media center purchase

.... it is a good bug ?!?!!??

what is it ?

Media Center 10.0.24 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 800 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 7 MB
Resource Info: System - 54 %, GDI - 78 %, User - 54 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\Notify.wav

Burning /  Drive E: GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2003, 04:20:18 am »

if I create a view scheme with filter 'Complete Album:1' then I get a subset of all my albums (as expected, I have lots of incomplete album tracks )

if I create a view scheme with filter 'Complete Album:0' then I get nothing (I expected the inverse of above scheme)

P.S. does anyone know how MC knows that an album is complete ?

Marcel

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2003, 11:17:45 am »

Don't know if this is a bug or not...  

1.  I burned 7 audio CD's for a road trip I was taking and noticed that the track markers seem to be off.  This means that when I change tracks to the next one I hear a few end seconds of the previous track.  I have no DSP and\or cross-fade options on in the options.

2.  The crazy drive access is back again when preparing to burn a CD, but I have a workaround for now.  I have found that if I do NOT put a blank CD in the burner before selecting the tracks MC runs smothly.  If I put a blank CD in then MC starts accessing the HD like crazy even when a track is just selected, NOT sent to the burner.  I disabled the option in Norton AV to check all drives when mounted and the only other thing I can think of is MAYBE some kind of conflict with Nero (I only have Nero installed, NOT InCD).  

3.  Media Server:  I have noticed that when I start Media Server it will download an MP3 decoder.  When I give the ok for that it then crashes out.  I will try to get more info and report back.

4.  I like the AW Burn dialog.  However, I would like to see the time\space remaining bar back when placing the tracks in the burn queue.  Also, can it be made so that the tracks in the burn queue can be seen in the AW (like what happened with Playing Now)?

5.  The Options menu delay is still there.  I see this on both my desktop and laptop.  When I select Options from the top menu there's a 1.5-2 sec delay before the options menu shows up.  

phatrabt

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »

1.  I burned 7 audio CD's for a road trip I was taking and noticed that the track markers seem to be off.  This means that when I change tracks to the next one I hear a few end seconds of the previous track.  I have no DSP and\or cross-fade options on in the options.

Are you sure that you have the DSP turned off in the burning options?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2003, 03:17:29 pm »

If I use the Media Mode Buttons Audio, Images, Video, would it be possible to expand the selected node in Media Library. Now when selecting Audio I get only the top level pane view. All the view schemes below are hidden and I have to click again on Audio in Media Library to expand the list of sub level view schemes.

Working like that Media Mode is not really an improvement in usability. Or at least couple it with the "Expand Media Library" option. If the option is set expand the partial library tree according to the Media Mode Button selected.

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2003, 03:30:24 pm »

Marcel (mhwlng):

I've made a new thread in response to your question:

Complete/Incomplete Album View Schemes: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17985&start=0.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2003, 04:20:44 pm »

Bug!/?

v24

I needed to burn a data cd with mp3 files. I spent three hours (!) trying to find where it has been put and the help files were no help.

I finally went back to v22 to be able to do this. Has this been forgotten/deleted/or just missing in action?

Thanks.

Thank you,

John

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2003, 04:30:42 pm »

1) I like the changes in the interface, much more simple and user-friendly.

2) How about a taskbar player, with the basic controls in the taskbar like WMP9.  I know I can create my own toolbar for the taskbar, but it would be nice if MC 10 included this feature.

3) Any chance version 10 could play ALL the formats WITHOUT INSTALLING ANY other PLAYER?  I know there are issues with the Real Media and Quick time.  At least MC 10 works with the QuickTime ALTERNATIVE!  However, it doesn't work with the Real Alternative.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up