INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstall Problems  (Read 1181 times)

ramainSF

• nothing more to say...
Uninstall Problems
« on: December 02, 2002, 04:55:42 pm »

I have version 8.0.388 which I tried to uninstall.  After 5 seconds, the uninstall program stopped without any error messages.  

The program files were still there but when I tried to run them, it complained that the files were not correctly installed.   I've reinstalled all the files and repeated the uninstall again, but with the same results.

Any ideas?

ecmartinjr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Uninstall Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 06:10:04 pm »

I have the same problem.  I had previously purchased Ver. 7 and when the new Ver. 9 was announced I downloaded it.  In that process my Ver. 7 (with upgrades) was deleted.  By the time I was ready to purchase the Ver. 9 ( PLUS) my initial download of Ver. 9 had timed out and wouldn't load (so much for the free version).  I then re-downloaded the latest version (twice) and each time I try to run it after installation I get the following message--"You are attempting to open a database that is too new for this version of Media Jukebox.  Please upgrade to the newest version of Media Jukebox."  I thought that was what I had already done.  I have checked to make sure that I have deleted from my computer any older versions of Media Jukebox.  I have tried to re-install the new program from my "My Download Files".  Nothing works.  Further, I now get the same abortive unintall that you describe.  To compound the irritation, there is no apparent way to e-mail to J River/Media Jukebox and there is nothing I can find on point in their FAQ's.  I would really like to pay them the money and have the program since it is a good program.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to make headway.  Ed

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 04:32:46 am »

For uninstall problems, try a reboot first.  If unsuccessful, install and uninstall.

For the problems with reverting to a previous version, try the latest versions of either 9.0 or 8.0.  See also the FAQ on switching under Jukebox/Purchase above.

Ethical_Dilemma

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 07:57:54 pm »

I'm having the same problem, and reinstalling and then uninstalling isn't working.

Can you post manual uninstall instructions?

studentii

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 08:18:15 pm »

I'm going to bed at 4.00 in the afternoon.

Vegemite " sammies " first

I've had it.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up