INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.38 beta available  (Read 14009 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.38 beta available
« on: January 15, 2004, 04:54:30 pm »

Media Center 10.0.38 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10038.exe

10.0.38 (1/15/04)

1. Fixed: Selecting "burn cd" from toolbar didn't allow selecting data/audio CD or drive letter.
2. Fixed: Numerous usability issues in the burn and rip action windows.
3. Fixed: Auto ripping is mostly working again, although ripping from multiple drives hasn't been tested.
4. Changed: When a plugin fails to be created, MC will report what kind of plugin failed. (please let us know what message you see now on the insert CD / failed to create plugin problem)
5. Changed: Auto-expand tree on by default.
6. NEW: Aquire images moved to Action Window.
7. Fixed: WMDM handhelds could sometimes cause MC to hang.

10.0.36 - 10.0.37

Not released to the public

10.0.35 (1/14/04)

1. Fixed: Search engine wasn't always working properly.

10.0.34 (1/14/04)

1. Fixed: If simultaneous rip/encode was unselected, cd ripping progress bar got real jumpy.
2. Changed: ListIcons.png art merged into SmallIcons.png. (requires custom art packages to be updated)
3. Changed: Show individual track status for ripping/burning.
4. NEW: Checkboxes for selecting tracks to rip.
5. Fixed: CD list view was showing columns for queue path/name/status when they weren't needed.
6. Fixed: Checking "Unassigned" in Tagging Mode would put "Unassigned" into the tag instead of an empty string.
7. NEW: Retooled Tag Info window functionality / look.
8. Fixed: "No search results message" could show even when there was no user entered search.
9. Changed: Added "Print" to the Action Window.
10. NEW: Added Access Control system -- replaces View and Playback filters. (still a work in progress)

Not released to the public

10.0.32 (1/12/04)

1. Fixed: CD ripper wasn't updating tag info.
2. Changed: Right-click menu shows when clicking on a non-file area of a list control.
3. Changed: Improved menu logic for file tools when no files are selected.
4. Fixed: Handheld wasn't showing in the Action Window.
5. NEW: Added "Ken Burn's Style" image slideshows. Press P while viewing images. (experimental -- may not remain)
6. Fixed: "Recently ripped" playlist wasn't getting created after a rip operation.
7. Fixed: Cover art retrieval wasn't working correctly after CD rip completion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.38 beta available
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 05:38:34 pm »

6. NEW: Aquire images moved to Action Window.

The AW is really like a toolbar (someone else said this before), now more than ever.

So why not give us control to add things like:

Audio Analysis
Runumber Tracks from List Order
Import Media
Artist Info
and
Tag Info

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 05:43:49 pm »

I see progress???
This is still a bug

This has been around for a long  long time..  

If I move several files to one loaction, I get the message that a file is a duplicate, I say "NO" do not over write it.  When all done the file is still in the original location (That is good).  It is no longer in the data base.

seems to add a (1) to the file name in the new direcrtory.. I would prefer to know its a duplicate, but can live with it (will test more)

NEW PROBLEM (I think it's new).. If you copy a file, the copied file is not in the libary.

There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

shawnholt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
BIG BUG - Lost 2000+ library entries
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 06:25:43 pm »

Media Center Registered 10.0.35 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3077 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 115 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW404            Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Drive J: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 5:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Tried to upgrade from 10.0.35 to 10.0.38.  Forgot that i was analyzing 2000+ files.  during upgrade asked if it should close MC.  I say yes, then install almost completes and then crashes.  started-up and still at 10.0.35 AND missing the 2000+ files that were being analyzed.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 06:30:31 pm »

2. Fixed: Numerous usability issues in the burn and rip action windows.

I haven't looked into the burn features yet but the rip feature is shaping up nicely!

Question: Will MC be able to rip multiple CDs simultaneously? I like the fact that it can finish one CD and go to another, but to use both drives at once would be nice.

BUG: Cosmetic. When you first start the rip, the status bar cuts into the progress text. I can supply an image if necessary (ripping right now !  :))

Feature Request: Maybe the Show List link could be added to the Ripping Progress panel? Let me know if there is another way short of using backspace 5 or 6 times to see the queued files if I do something else in the interface.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 06:35:10 pm »

Tried to upgrade from 10.0.35 to 10.0.38.  Forgot that i was analyzing 2000+ files.  during upgrade asked if it should close MC.  I say yes, then install almost completes and then crashes.  started-up and still at 10.0.35 AND missing the 2000+ files that were being analyzed.

You mean the database or the actual files?  Look around a little because losing either one would surprise me.

A note to everyone: please make DB backups once in a while -- especially during the beta.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 06:56:23 pm »

Bugs:
1. Draging files to the 'Drag file here' area does not put the files in the correcting burning folder as specified under the CD/DVD Folder Naming option.  Seems to always default to the "Same as original' option (even though another/different option is currently set).

2. Trying to build a data CD burn list while burning a CD/DVD in another drive (using EZ CD Creator 6.0) on a system with two burners, MC pigs out the system and slows down the burn process (of the other program)...because of the CONSTANT 'Anaylizing devices' messages.  I could see the burn rate slow down (in EZ CDC) everytime I ran MC and attempted to build a data burn list (for the other drive).  Exit MC and the burn rate went back to normal (2.4X for a 2.4X DVD+RW burn).  MC should really try not to be such a pig and remember what it analyzed just 2 seconds ago.

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 07:27:44 pm »

Tab / Shift-Tab doesn't show the right list for the other columns.

More to come later.

Media Center Registered 10.0.38 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 41 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

shawnholt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 08:15:07 pm »

My Bad - both were ok.  not sure why it crashed though ....  :o  sorry to bother you ...

Love MC!  

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 08:21:32 pm »

Can I ask a dumb question?  Why is there SEARCH bar on the START page?  If I type something in there it refreshes page.  If I type something in there and then press on AUDIO icon I go to Audio files....but search bar is empty and nothing has been searched.  Why is it here if it's not supposed to do anything or is it doing something and I can see it?

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 10:22:52 pm »

The whole program crashes when I just open my cd drive. A error messages saying can't create handheld plugin .when all I did was open my drive to insert a cd. I still can't burn a Cd without a error reading can't create plugin I got a new DVD/CD burner coming Friday . When I install that one I'll see what will happen cause I'm sick of this raillick burner I have now. I see in the action window Burn CD or Dvd . Will be able to burn DVD's now. Will it be a one click and  burn like DVD X Copy Express Or Rip, encode and Burn .

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 10:36:27 pm »

Media center has encounter a problem and need to close. can't create handheld plugin, media core problem . Centered around my cd drive , by pushing the button to open the drive triggers a crash. :-X :-X ? Media Center Registered 10.0.38 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 518 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 10:45:14 pm »

I'm getting lots of lockups ...
During Analyze Audio ..
During Convert Format (When it locks up I tend to lose (aka Corrupt) the original file somehow) ..
Even importing from a large selection of MP3s has been causing lockups .. only in builds 10.0.35 & 38 ...

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 11:00:02 pm »

1. Download Manager always downloads files to a folder one-up from the one configured (like C:\Download instead the configured C:\Download\DM).

2. The volume thumb does now move graphically when I adjust the volume, but the volume does change. ..doesn't matter what skin I use.

Media Center Registered 10.0.38 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 182 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Z:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive X: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Z: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-252S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
Tagging in action window
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 02:28:25 am »

I think this was introduced in 10..35 - When I go into edit mode within the action window, the field header is no longer seen because the field in edit mode uses the whole line instead of opening just the data part.

Is this a "feature" (to some extend it makes sense because we now have more room if working with a small action window)?

Thanks
- Pietro

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 06:13:30 am »

MC10 is causing the pc to freeze for up to 30 seconds when the last track on PN has finished.
It's being caused by the fadeout setting in Options/Playback. The length of the freeze is dependent on the length of the fadeout chosen.

I get  the following message when trying to print images :-
There are no printers installed

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 28 MB
Resource Info: System - 54 %, GDI - 67 %, User - 54 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

ZRocker

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 06:59:04 am »

Bug:
1. The Show All Fields setting for the AW Tag Info pane is not remembered.  Each time you close and reopen a Tag Info pane it is reset to On...ARGH.

jleerigby

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 07:01:36 am »

If you do mjextman.exe /Play TREEPATH=Playlists\etc. etc  MC does an Add to Playing Now instead of Play and Replace.  I don't know when this got broke.

This makes it awkward with a remote as you have to do a Clear PN, then wait ages (in case there's a lot of tracks to clear) then Play the playlist.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 07:03:06 am »

The whole program crashes when I just open my cd drive. A error messages saying can't create handheld plugin .when all I did was open my drive to insert a cd. I still can't burn a Cd without a error reading can't create plugin I got a new DVD/CD burner coming Friday . When I install that one I'll see what will happen cause I'm sick of this raillick burner I have now. I see in the action window Burn CD or Dvd . Will be able to burn DVD's now. Will it be a one click and  burn like DVD X Copy Express Or Rip, encode and Burn .

Look for more information at this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18230

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 08:16:29 am »

Matt,

Going through the options there is Remote. In here is the IRMAN [inactive] plugin.

Problem I have is if I click on anything within this page MC freezes up and I have to end task it. When I then reboot and try to open MC it hangs before the main MC GUI page opens.

I have to uninstall, reboot and reinstall MC.

Am I doing anything wrong here. Does Girder or anything need to be installed as well?

John

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 09:14:55 am »

CD Ripping seems to be coming along well. A couple of points:-

1. Selecting the tracks that you want to rip from the tree and then going to the AW, clicking "Rip CD" shows all the tracks selected by the new tick dialogue not just theones chosen.
2. Whether I choose to insert another CD or close the AW ripping dialogue I still don't get taken to the "Recently Ripped" list - the last view of the ripping list remains.
3. The final track ripped shows "ripping" or "pending" when the rip complete dialogue box comes up in Secure Digital ripping.
4. Messing around with the ticks in the new ripping screen changes the order that tracks are actually ripped (according to the screen at least). I've no idea if this matters or not!

Keep going! John.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 09:34:34 am »

The IRRemote plug-in doesn't need Girder.  Try activating it through the plug-in manager.  Please start a new thread if you need more info.

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 12:03:25 pm »

I'm confused by the data CD burning in version 10.0.38

I clearly remember, in ver. 9, that when I'd collect a group of files for data CD writing, MC would give me the option of converting the fiels before burning them, so I could turn my VBR MP3s into WMAs to save some space or cram a lot of files onto a CD.

I do not see this option now.  I burned a data disc, and it just used the bitrate the files were in, and there was nowhere I could find to convert as a part of the burning process.  

Is it still there?  Am I remember correctly?  I don't want to have to manually convert first and then find the converted files and burn them as a separate function!

Otherwise, this build is great.  It's getting better with each new one.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 01:03:22 pm »

I know this is a long standing condition, but would it be possible to get Quicktime (MOV) files listed as Video instead of Audio?  It's not really a bug, but it's a bit peculiar.

JohnT

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2004, 01:39:42 pm »

I clearly remember, in ver. 9, that when I'd collect a group of files for data CD writing, MC would give me the option of converting the fiels before burning them, so I could turn my VBR MP3s into WMAs to save some space or cram a lot of files onto a CD.

I do not see this option now.  I burned a data disc, and it just used the bitrate the files were in, and there was nowhere I could find to convert as a part of the burning process.  

Is it still there?  Am I remember correctly?  I don't want to have to manually convert first and then find the converted files and burn them as a separate function!

Sorry, but MC/Media Jukebox has never had the feature of converting to a different bitrate or format during a data CD burn.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 02:26:24 pm »

BUG:

Tried burning a data cd - after 25 mins gave up and cancelled it with less than 50% burnt - speed was set to 52x.
Instantly tried in Nero and it took 3 minutes so the burner is fine.

Media Center Registered 10.0.38 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive I: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2004, 03:50:06 pm »

Possible Bug?

I ripped a few CDs with the new build and noticed that on one of the rips the Duration and Bitrate (showing in the songs pane) were incorrect. The bitrate for tracks 1, 2, 8 & 9 show at 32, where the duration shows about 4x longer than the actual track when played. If I play the song, the correct bitrates (VBR) and duration are shown on the "Playing Now" header.

I was doing some moderately heavy work on my computer while ripping, if this helps.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2004, 05:20:38 pm »

I know this is a long standing condition, but would it be possible to get Quicktime (MOV) files listed as Video instead of Audio?  It's not really a bug, but it's a bit peculiar.

You can do this already. Select the file and set the tag info to see all categories then scroll down to media type and change it from audio to video. Hope this helps. It is annoying but this is the only work around for this.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2004, 05:42:53 pm »

This current version can get slightly muddled with filenaming when using the "Rename file from properties..." function from within "My Computer" within the "Drives & Devices" section.

I had it confused where it insisted on renaming the files  as '<whatever> (1).mp3"  even when there were no other files in that directory that were clashing with the filename.

Also I've had it spontaneously crash while I was doing some certain operations. Nothing obviously consistant about what or why though! :(

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2004, 05:46:31 pm »

Oh, it's also not remembering "Media Mode" settings between invocations.

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2004, 08:52:30 pm »

Sorry, but MC/Media Jukebox has never had the feature of converting to a different bitrate or format during a data CD burn.

Oops!    I was thinking of MusicMatch, I guess!

Well, then-  How about adding this feature?  It would certainly be useful!  I like to convert my music files before burning so I can quickly load them into my portable without having to keep high-bitrate and low-bitrate versions of each file.

I can't be the only one who prefers ripping in high quality, but for a quickie data CD, would like it to be low bitrate to fit more files...  Can I?

Anyway, thanks for setting me straight.  I still prefer MC to MJ, despite the lack of this feature!

nguyenkhoang

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2004, 01:28:08 am »

A small thing, but it seems on this and previous builds, Media Center always wants to be the "on top" application...LoL.  That is, even if I click on other windows, MC still on top, and I have to manually minimize the application to see my other windows.  In addition, when MC's dialog boxes pop up, I can't see them cause they appear UNDER MC...once I had 5 MC deletion confirmation messages because I couldn't see the dialog boxes and kept trying to delete a folder.

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2004, 01:31:24 am »

I've had a bug with this vesion:

When ripping CDs, I've had several get hung-up on the last track.  It says "ripping" but does nothing, and remains that way.  I can cancel with no problems, and there's no crash.  The track does not get ripped.

I don't know if it has any bearing on it, but the CDs this happened with all had 11 tracks exactly.

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2004, 04:41:39 am »

Can Continuous please be OFF by default?  It killed MC when I played a clip that was one second in length and just hung playing the clip because it was so short.  Thanks guys!

phatrabt

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2004, 10:08:47 am »

I tried out this version for a short time, but since I'm still ripping cd's I've gone back to build 10.0.30... since auto-ripping still isn't 100% yet.  The only thing that stops it seems to be that fact that when ripping in secure mode it seems to want to pop-up the log at the end of every cd, rather than the previous behaviour of saving it all and popping it up at the end.  

When I'm ripping heaps of cd's I like to just glance at the pc every now and then, and if the cd drawer is out I'll put the next in - all without needing to turn on the monitor.  

Plus I liked being able to save out the log after ripping 20-100 cd's and just using search in notepad to find tracks less than 100%, rather than checking every cd one at a time.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2004, 11:42:31 am »

We got a sticky media mode for a few builds and then it was removed.

We were given no explanation for taking it back.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2004, 12:30:48 pm »

My Computer - missing right click menu choice.

In "My Computer" - right clicking on a directory does not provide a rename menu choice.  Pressing F2 works, but it should be there on the right click menu.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2004, 03:03:43 pm »

Sorting Articles - not working properly.

I have "ignore sorting articles" checked.

With all the panes at "ALL", "The Allman Brothers" show up properly with the rest of the "A" artists.

But as soon as I select something in a pane that is grouped (like Artiist-grouped), then all the "ignore sorting artiles" stuff no longer works. and "The Allman Brothers" is not found by selecting "A", I find it by selecting "T" in the grouped Artist pane.

Clearly somthing is inconsistent here.  Not sure if this is recent build problem or it's always been there.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2004, 05:06:39 pm »

We got a sticky media mode for a few builds and then it was removed.

We were given no explanation for taking it back.

Oh, OK. I didn't noticed that it had reverted in the previous build.

LisaRCT

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2004, 06:12:56 pm »

It seems quite conceivable that a file could have a replay gain of -0.00db and not be an error or a bad file. . . . . .
 . . . .   However when this occurs MC reports the file as not yet analyzed.

doll

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2004, 07:14:47 pm »

It seems quite conceivable that a file could have a replay gain of -0.00db and not be an error or a bad file. . . . . .
 . . . .   However when this occurs MC reports the file as not yet analyzed.

I've reported this before.....

The macro to select unanalyzed uses OR between all the item, it works much better to use AND so all data points have to be 0 to select it.

jsosow

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2004, 07:54:05 pm »

I have been using Media Center for awhile now and love it.  I use it as a front end along with MainLobby on an Arcade Machine so I use the Hairstyle part of the program alot.  I like the new look in the 10.0.38 beta but have ran into a few problems with it.  I have it running on both a XP and a 2000 machine.  

1.  Both the 2000 and xp machines will not let me switch from the "Hairstyle" skin to the "Acajou" skin.  

2.  On the 2000 machine only the program crashes while trying to access the "Skin Effects" on the Player menu.

3.  I have my DVD collection on my pc in divx format.  There has always been a constant pausing while trying to watch these movies and it is even worse when trying to watch a movie over the home network.  The player in MC has alot of cpu usage.  I have always had the best luck with a program called the BSplayer.  This player never pause, network or not.  Is there a way to use that core inside your program?  Or is there some tweaks in MC 10.0.38 to try?

This next is a requested feature.

1.  In "Hairstyle" mode there is no way to delete just one song or a couple of songs out of the playing now.  Like I said I use this mode alot and it would be great to be able to edit the playing now mode.

ZRocker

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2004, 12:01:12 am »

Bug:
1. The new AW-based Ripping window does not convey at what speed your are ripping (like it did before AW window method)...like 2.0X, 10.0X, etc.  Would be nice if both Ripping ans Burning AW windows should the ripping/burning speed.

2. What happens if you presse the AW Ripping window close button while ripping (or burning)?  Not sure, I didn't try it...but don't think that AW close window option/button should be then when ripping/burning.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2004, 11:05:10 am »

Problem: MC10.0.38 doesn't always correctly register new filename path generated by (Internal Tree - drag and dropped) moved audio files in database.

Forgetting to change my base path before ripping, I accidently ripped 6 Pop vocal CD to my main "soundtracks" folder.

To correct the problem, I tried to move all 6 new Pop vocal subfolders using MC10's built in directory management from the Tree view. I performed a drag and drop of each CD's subfolder from "F:\soundtracks\" to "F:\Pop\".

In some cases, MC10.0.38 crashed after the drag was completed, in others, it did not. More importantly, in 4 out of 6 moves, the database did not properly show the correct path to the files and wouldn't play the files. Instead of showing the new filename path (F:\Pop\ ...., the database continued to show the file in the old location (F:\soundtrack\ ....). Editing the path from the AW didn't work either.

Intel Pentium 4 3068 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2004, 05:26:41 pm »

Bug:
1. The new AW-based Ripping window does not convey at what speed your are ripping (like it did before AW window method)...like 2.0X, 10.0X, etc.  Would be nice if both Ripping ans Burning AW windows should the ripping/burning speed.

You're right, this started happening in the new AW method.  I hope that they bring this back, too. I like seeing what speed I'm ripping at so that I can see if there will be any errors.

Will this be coming back?

TimB

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2004, 07:08:52 am »

Ripping doesn't like it if you have two drives, select all tracks from both, then when one drive has completed ripping (and the other is being ripped) ejecting the ripped CD and inserting another for ripping.  Numerous errors, including:

Incorrect file count when new inserted CD is being ripped
Duplicate can't find CD error message from YADB

Intel Pentium 4 2399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 576 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

markj

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2004, 08:30:00 am »

MC10 looks great so far.  I have one annoyance though.... perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere.  

MC10.0.38 is taking over my default file associations.  I prefer to use Windows Media Player for most playback duties (such as viewing a local radio show on their webcam) but since installing MC10, it is taking over as default player.  I've tried to disable all associations on the Tools>Options menu, but it doesn't help.

Thanks... keep up the good work!
-Mark

Omni

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2004, 09:32:37 am »

Funny, I came here to report the same thing markj just reported.

I was at v.10.0.32 before, and after installing v.10.0.38, MC suddenly decided it was in charge of playing back my WMA streaming content.

I wouldn't mind so much, but MC is not very good at streaming. (Sorry, but it's true.)  And the thing is that like markj reported, there are no associations set!!  so there doesn't seem to be a way to stop this coup. :)

Omni

trjh

• I'm a llama!
Import Media problem?
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2004, 03:26:15 pm »

(This bug occurred in Media Center 9 as well, but wasn't recoverable)

I'm running an unregistered copy of Media Center 10.0.38, on Windows 2000 (5.00.2195) Service Pack 4.

When I select "Import Media..." on all local drives, the process always gets hung up on some old RealAudio .ram files.  (Perhaps because they are links to radio stations that no longer exist -- for example, "pnm://204.164.100.23/elisdn.ra")

If I click 'Cancel', it takes at least 30 seconds for the import process to stop.  On the latest version of MC9 it wouldn't ever stop, and had to be killed via Task Manager.

This doesn't seem to happen if I tell it to ignore media type "RealAudio (ram,ra)".

It's not a huge issue, but probably still a bug.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2004, 06:35:15 pm »

Playlist order on handheld is backwards.

If I add a bunch of files to a playlist on my iPod, when I go to use the iPod the playlist order is reversed.

Steps: Initialize iPod, transfer some files, make a playlist, add file to the list, disconnect iPod, verify the list order is backwards.

This is repeatable %100 of the time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up