INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library without imported tracks  (Read 976 times)

azizmond

• nothing more to say...
Library without imported tracks
« on: November 28, 2002, 05:48:35 am »

Suddenly MJ 8 don't save recently imported tracks? After importing new mp3 tracks (I have downloaded with another program) I can see all tracks (old and newly imported) - but after closing MJ and opening again - there are only old tracks in the library? What's wrong?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library without imported tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 08:21:58 am »

if your not using the current version of MJ8 you may need to completly uninstall and re-install. there was early betas that had this problem along with MJ7

if your using MJ8 current version, i have never heard of this on the current version.

it maybe somedata files went bad for some reason, i am  not sure what ones you would need to delete and rebuild the database.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

azizmond

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 04:15:48 am »

It happens in version 8.0.392, but it was happening in older version (8.0.383 or something) also. It was obviously something wrong with imported mp3 files - but I don't know what?

Only solution was to delete all (32) newly imported files from the disk - and after that all works perfectly again? Well, I only don't know for how long?

Is it possible that something in mp3 file causes such a reaction? All *.jmd files were rewriten every time after importing and leaving MJ - but obviously without fresh data?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 05:00:24 am »

> Is it possible that something in mp3 file causes such a reaction

Surely...I've had bad files (mp3's & ogg's) that have crashed MJ on import. I've also had files that import normally and crash MJ on playback. New jmd's after an import (even if nothing is added) is normal.

10-27

Listening to: Every good Pearl Jam song known to mankind
Pages: [1]   Go Up