INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN  (Read 39326 times)

water1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2004, 05:39:45 pm »

I installed the new .dll.
The Nomad was being called on program exit.
I verified this with both USB and firewire conncections.
I decided to change the driver for the Nomad Jukebox 3.
I downloaded from Creative. Upon install it said it was older than current installed but I installed it anyway.
The exit problem vanished. I can now exit without "initializing error" message.

I can get the following error message when exiting with Nomad connected:

Title: CtMp3Lib: Media Jukebox.exe application error.

text in body:  The instruction at "0x023b013" referenced memory at "0x023f2f80".
The memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate program.
John

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2004, 07:19:32 am »

John,

Thanks for the feedback. I will test this more tomorrow when I am back. Where did you get the driver that you had that was newer than the  one on Creative's site so I can try and replicate (fix) this?

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2004, 08:16:52 am »

Morning Steve,
I just started using this plug-in yesterday, so the functionality I'm requesting may be there and I just don't know how to use it.  I have the checkbox checked to synch all files.  I already have a large number of files on my Zen.  I'm just interested in getting what I don't currently have on my player copied over.  Problem is this.  I start the synch and MC will tell me that I have certain files on my Zen already and asked If I want to proceed or not.  If I don't the synch quits, if I answer yes, synch continues.  MC will start converting my files for me (10 at a time) and upon transfer, asks me what I want to do with duplicates.  In this case I would like to skip them.  This will allow me to copy the files that I want to.  It seems like a waste of time to have MC convert the files then ask what I want to do when duplicates are encountered.  Shouldn't this be done before the conversion process?  I would also rather do this once instead of having to answer for each set of ten files.  I would like to be able to walk away and let MC do its thing for a couple hours if need be.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for your time.

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2004, 01:21:52 pm »

Brian,

What version of MC do you have? If not, 10.0.116, please get that one. If you are seeing a message about duplicates prior to the start of the sync, it is not referring to duplicates on the Zen, but duplicates in MC based on a match of Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number information. MC will not resend files that are already on the Zen. However, MC allows you to have multiple files with the same Name, Artist, Album, Genrem and Track Number and we do not allow that on the Zen. If you are going to send 'All files' it would be best if you resolved these duplicates. Or, don't use send all files and create playlists/smartlists with the files you want to send.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2004, 01:46:55 pm »

Steve,
My apologies.  I should have been paying more attention! ::)  Thanks for clearing that up for me though.  I've been re-ripping a lot of stuff lately so it doesn't surprise me that I now have some duplicates in MC that need some attention.  Have a great day!!!

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2004, 03:15:22 pm »

Everyone,

This thread has gotten pretty big. I will lock it and start a new one. For anyone who is seeing the Nomad Initialize on close, please get tonight's MC or later and let me know if you still see it.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up