INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN  (Read 39333 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2004, 11:20:09 am »

Thanks Steve, I will be awaiting this with open arms.
-

SteveG

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2004, 04:56:52 pm »

Everyone,

The new plugin is not available from the plugin page, but you can get it here......

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/new/hh_nomadjukebox.mjp

It is version 9.0.38.

Please use it with the new MC build which will be available in the next half hour.

Tonight's MC includes a feature that may be helpful for many of you. In the synchronization dialogue, there is now a check box to 'Send all files'. Use this if you want to send all your MC files but have no interest in Playlists and the speed slowdown that they cause.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2004, 06:16:06 pm »

Hi Steve, I'm sorry I think that you mis understood me, I was being a smart a**

What I said:

Oh ya, the syncing speed you were talking about, you know the being slow if syncing all files, Man if that is slow....

What I meant by that is, if you think that is slow, I would love to see what you call fast.

I did a sync all files and to me it was very fast...
-

king896

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2004, 08:11:50 pm »

I have the same problem with seeing the playlist, but it really nothing compared to how great this plugin is now.  This plugin has become so much smarter since media jukebox 8, its not even funny.  Because of this i am willing to upgrade to version 10, thanks!

bebop

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2004, 11:15:11 am »

Thanks Steve, this has fixed many small problems with the sync process and building playlists.  They sare still rather slow, but at least tolerable!   :D   B

SteveG

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2004, 12:22:39 pm »

Everyone,

Tonight's MC and Plugin should resolve the remaining progress bar issue and the sync dialogue flaw.

Bebop and imjustagamer,

The slowness you refer to is specifically with the addition of files to playlists after the file sync, correct? In a sync it is necessary to remove the playlists and recreate them based on what is available after the sync of the files to respect the playlist ordering. Unfortunately, the addition of files to playlsits takes a relatively long time on Nomad. Please correct me if you are referring to slowness other than in this step.

Thanks,

Steve

bebop

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2004, 12:38:38 pm »

Steve, that's right...the sync itself is great, as long as there are no playlists checked.  Adding playlists is still a pain, but not as big of a pain!  Since this is the only drawback, I will continue to use the porgram as is and if I really need to change the playlist I can do it overnight.   thanks for all the good work, and with this being my first experience with a forum help line, you all have made it a good one!   Thanks again B ;D

SteveG

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2004, 01:12:26 pm »

Everyone,

Prior to the latest round of new plugins, MJ/MC would upload each track to Nomad and then add each track to the appropriate playlist(s). The amount of time it took to add each track to a playlist was built into the upload time. Now, the uploads should be faster, but the time saved in adding files to playlists is shiftet (optionally) to the end of the sync process.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2004, 04:04:47 pm »

With tonight's build, please get the newest plugin (v. 9.0.39) which will be available from the plugins page in 30 minutes. Do not use the link in this thread.

Thanks.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2004, 08:42:05 pm »

All of my issues are resolved.. Thanks Steve...

Just because I'm nit picking... Any chance of haveing a status bar for deleting? I deleted my Library (4200) files and had no idea how long it had to go...

I'm syncing about 4200 files now and am getting a speed of 3.96mb/s, I'm using a playlist sync. (1:10 min) seems a pretty decent time!!
-

LonWar

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2004, 09:16:19 pm »

Hey Steve, I have noticed that the speed of the transfer has dropped slightly to 3.45 after about 2300 files...

Any idea why?
-

DJMUK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2004, 02:21:48 am »

With tonight's build, please get the newest plugin (v. 9.0.39) which will be available from the plugins page in 30 minutes. Do not use the link in this thread.

Thanks.

Steve

I was having a problem locating this but it appears the link on the plugin page although downloading the .39 version refers to an earlier one!

Can this be fixed to save further confusion?

Thanks.

David

SteveG

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2004, 09:45:13 am »

imjustagamer,

Status info for delete is in tonight. I can't explain the speed drop, I think it is firmware related. Thanks for your requests.

DJMUK,

I will make sure the plugin page gets straightened out with tonight's build.

Thanks,

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2004, 10:23:19 am »

Man you guys are good....

Thanks,
-

SteveG

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2004, 04:41:45 pm »

Everyone,

New MC and plugin (9.0.40) are available. The plugin is available from the plugins page.

Have a good weekend all.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:29 pm »

Steve, Buddy...Pal...

I am trying my hardest, but I cannot seem to find any problems with this plugin.
I mean the sync is flawless, deleting WITH a status bar is amazing...

Now if you could only get rid of the need to Cycle (lack of a better term) through the nomad...

Good Work, 2 thumbs up!
-

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2004, 04:17:08 am »

Now here's something odd...

I uploaded a whole bunch of songs to my Nomad using MC / Nomad Plugin.

I went to me mum's place, and went to copy some of the songs off it to her new PC. She doesn't run MC, so I installed the Creative File Manager software (like Explorer for your Nomad).

In Creative File Manager, I could see a bunch of files which were copied to the Nomad using Creative Media Source a couple of weeks ago (when the MC Nomad plugin was pretty well cactus). I could not, however, see the files in my Nomad which were copied there using MC.

When I got home, I find that I can see all the files that were copied to the Nomad in MC again, but can't see the ones copied using CFM. I can only see these files in my Nomad using a Creative product.

What's the story here, then? Are the two pieces of software putting the tracks into a different "tank" within the Nomad, which can only be "viewed" by the software which originally copied it there?

Any ideas, O Nomad wizards?
Cheers
Rob

LonWar

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2004, 06:40:30 am »

I just did a test, I cannot see a music file in cfm when imported with MediaSource or MC.
I can however load a file and extract a file using cfm....

Sorry I'm not of any help.
-

bebop

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2004, 10:18:55 am »

Steve, have the newest build and pluginand still have the small problem of playlists being so slow to create on the zen...could this be my machine as no one else seems to find it slow, it took eight hours to make an "all Tracks" playlist of 11,120 tracks.  This same operation takes less than a minute using Creative MediaSource.  So there's no confusion as to what I'm doing...I select Nomad Zen on the tree...then playlists...make a playlist...name playlist...then move back up to Nomad Zen....click on it, it cycles thru and then up pops the list of tracks on the Zen...choose select all...select "add to playlist"  check playlist I just made ....and the waiting begins.  This didn't happen when I made a similar playlist in MC...that was supurbly fast!  The same slowness happens if I completely empty the Zen and start afresh ( tried a reformat of the Zen  as I thought it might help and certainly couldn't hurt...I had the time),  I realize that I can keep switching back to CMS to make the playlists...but I was really hoping not to as MC is a far superior product in all aspects but this.  

Media Center Registered 10.0.83 -- H:\j. river\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2515 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2004, 02:11:51 pm »

BeBop, just curious, why do you want to make an "all tracks" playlist?

bebop

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2004, 02:42:21 pm »

I use "all tracks" on the Zen 'cause that way I never have to listen to the same song twice and with a random mode, I always have an interesting mix of tunes...i't just a quirk of mine...have a lot of tunes in alot of types of music, moods etc.  Guess years of driving the kids around and hearing the same tunes over and over, and over again has made me a tad rebellious!  
I  can't get the zen to do a random play  without making a playlist... could do it with the Jukebox 2 but not this zen ( a 60gig usb 2) if anyone can tell me how to get around this i'd welcome the help!    I just don't see much on the creative site, either on how to do this.  ;D

SteveG

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2004, 03:35:55 pm »

bebop,

I will look at this again tomorrow when I am at JRiver.

Lunchmeat,

I lost track of your last post. I will add more tomorrow.

Steve

bebop

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2004, 04:56:39 pm »

thanks, Steve, will be looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.  Will check back on Sunday--going over to the mainland for the weekend!  B :)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2004, 05:26:53 pm »

BeBob, ahhh, so there's method behind the madness.   ;D  I have an Xtra, so can't speak to the USB2, though it seems a little strange.  If you want to investigate further, check out the forums at www.nomadness.net, the most active Jukebox/Zen forums on the net AKAIK, and very helpful folks.

SteveG

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2004, 02:50:49 pm »

Everyone,

Tonight there will be a new Nomad plugin (v. 9.0.41) which I think will resolve the slow playlist addition issues. I implemented some newer code from Creative which I think will resolve the issue.

Lunchmeat,

I can go back and forth between Creative File Manager and MC without issue. If you still have the problem, what version of Media Source do you have installed?

Steve

Robert Taylor

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2004, 05:08:11 pm »

Steve,

I currently have

V 9.0.41 of the MC Nomad Plugin
V 1.40.06p of Nomad 3 firmware
V 1.01.85 of Creative Media Source
V 2.00.35 Of Creative File Manager

I will do some more testing soon and append results to this post...
Cheers
Rob

EpF

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2004, 09:26:35 am »

Is it possible to have MC create playlists on the Jukebox without putting the playlist path in brackets after the title?  I ran into problems with a playlist whose path was too long, and ended up having to format the drive in order to be able to boot it up again...  :(

bebop

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2004, 08:43:03 pm »

Yeah!!!  Success, I am a happy, happy lady!!!  The new playlist works like a charm!!!  Even faster than Creative MediaSource!  Great work...now I can get rid of all those extraneous programs that only did half the job!!!  You now have a customer for life!!!  Thanks again for all the hard work.   ;D

SteveG

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2004, 09:47:30 am »

Lunchmeat,

Thanks. If you can update me on your testing, I will try with your versions to replicate what you reported.

Epf,

What problems did you run into? Is it repeatable? I just tested synching a playlist with 200 characters in the name and did not have any issues.

EpF

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2004, 02:39:18 pm »

Hi SteveG - I don't know if this is going to be an issue now, because it was a problem with version 9.0.40.  I got the latest version, but by that time I had changed all the lengths of the playlist names.  However if you want I can change them back to see if it still happens.  With the new plugin, I've encountered a different problem; before I describe it I just want to say that the new plugin is GREAT - I couldn't believe how fast it went through the process of creating the playlists!  It makes the whole MC + Jukebox a fantastic package.  But it did a strange thing yesterday - it seemed to go throught the upload and playlist creation process no problem, but then some of the playlists were empty.  I checked in MC and they weren't empty.  It seemed as though it was related to how many tracks in the list - when I changed one list to a lower count it went up fine.  However, the same thing happened with other lists whose count was lower than the one I experimented with  ?

To follow up on your question, the original problem I had was that with a Smartlist whose tree path was pretty long, I got a pagefile error when it was creating the playlists on the Nomad.  The result, when checked with Notmad Explorer, was that the playlist had been created around 500 times, each with no tracks in it.  Neither Notmad nor MC could delete the playlists, and the player wouldn't boot past the startup screen, so I had to format it.  (Subsequently I think it might have booted up, if I had left it long enough, but at the time I thought it had crashed).  The problem was repeatable.  I tried it once while keeping an eye on the Task Manager performance screen, and watched the pagefile usage steadily increase until I got the error.

Hope this is helpful.  Thanks for all the work!

SteveG

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2004, 02:50:58 pm »

EpF,

Do you have 'Send Playlist Data' checked in the Sync dialogue? If so, when you resync, are the same playlists empty? If so, what is an example of one?

In regards to the playlist lengths, if you see the problem again, let me know and I will make whatever modifications necessary.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Steve

EpF

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2004, 01:52:01 am »

Steve - I do have 'Send Playlist Data' checked, and the same playlists remain empty.  An example of a playlist that isn't working is a smartlist with the following parameters:

[Keywords]=[Cover Version] [Rating]=>=3 ~nodup=[Name],[Artist],[Album] -[File Type]=[cda]

There are others that won't work based on a custom field called 'Season', but the one above just uses MC fields...  The list has 132 files in it.

Thanks

SteveG

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2004, 10:23:37 am »

Epf,

In that example, are the files at least on Nomad? If so, what is the actual name of the playlist (not just the rules)? A;so, how many files are in the playlist?

Thanks,

Steve

EpF

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2004, 01:52:14 pm »

Steve -

Here's one for ya!  In response to your question, I deleted all the files on the Jukebox, then I synched ONLY the list we've been discussing (which is called 'Covers', by the way).  It transferred all the files and created the playlist name, but no entries.   ?

The path to the playlist is as follows:

Playlists\M Y   L I S T S\+  Nomad +\Genres\Covers

I use spaces and the '+' sign to help me differentiate playlist groups visually.  It hasn't had an adverse affect on other lists in the same tree, which transfer perfectly.  The final playlist name on the Jukebox ends up as:

Covers  (M Y   L I S T S-+  Nomad +-Genres-Covers)

But no files! (There are 132 files in the original playlist, and all of them were transferred).

Hope this helps...

Thanks.

LonWar

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2004, 08:08:06 pm »

Hi Steve. I was playing around with the plugin and was wondering if it would be possible for you to allow us to pick a view scheme as a folder to sync, Instead of a playlist?

Would be really cool...

Thanks,
-

LonWar

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2004, 08:32:49 pm »

Sorry, 1 other small request....

When it says "Found duplicates" and it asks you what to do, It'd be nice if it would tell you what track it was....

Thanks,
-

Djon

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2004, 09:27:07 am »

I am used to Creative MediaSource for synchronizing and am quite confused as to what this plugin is supposed to do.

1. is it supposed to be able to synchronize the files in J River with my Jukebox Zen Xtra? I want it to add the files which is in J River but not in the jukebox and delete files which is on the jukebox but not in J River.
My attempts have all failed quite miserable, and I really don't have a clue what the plugin does. Do I need to empty my jukebox first to ensure JRiver can figure out to synchronize or should it be able to handle files placed there by Creative MediaSource?

2. Will it synch ALL files, or can you tell it to not synchronize all my video files?

SteveG

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2004, 01:27:08 pm »

EpF,

I am pretty sure the problem is that Nomad doesn't handle long playlist names very well. I will look more into this soon.

Imjustagamer,

The idea for the view scheme as a folder can be added, but not now.  In regards to "Found duplicates", it should give you a filepath. Are you not seeing this?

Djon,

1) To add files from MC to Zen and delete files on Zen that are not selected for synchronization, select your files to send (either by playlist or all files) and then check the box for 'Delete files not selected'.  MC should handle files placed on Zen with Media Source without problems.

2) All files will sync all files. If you do not want video to go, create a playlist and sync that way.

LonWar

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2004, 02:14:16 pm »

Hi Steve,

No I am not seeing the path... I just get a box asking what to do, Skip , rewrite etc...

I'm not at home, When I get home I can get you a screen shot.
-

LonWar

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2004, 08:26:51 pm »

Hi Steve,

I reinstalled the plugin and when it finds dups, it doesn't say were please see the attached pic
http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/duperror.JPG

Oh, And about the syncing to the view scheme, I wasn't thinking, I could create a smartlis tto do the same thing... Did that and I can sync to that....

This is truly amazing for Nomads...

-

EpF

« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2004, 01:54:57 am »

Steve -

That's what I thought, which goes back to my original question:

Is it possible to have MC create playlists on the Jukebox without putting the playlist path in brackets after the title?

It would be great to be able to prevent the plugin from naming the playlist with the path, because on the jukebox, the screen is so small that you can never read it all, and personally that information is of no use to me - I know what my playlist titles represent.  I wonder if anyone finds this useful...  

Any chance of a checkbox on the synch dialogue to turn this feature off?  :)

Thanks for your help

Robert Taylor

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2004, 03:37:33 pm »

Steve,

Sorry to take so long getting back here...been kinda busy.

Well, I just tried again with my Nomad 3. I dunno what's going on, as I have the same version of the plugin (9.0.41 - although I DID re-install it), and have updated MC to 10.0.88, and now I can see files transferred with MC in CMS.

I still can't however, see the files in Creative File Manager. In fact, I see an empty window when I fire up CFM.

This doesn't overly bother me, as I wouldn't normally use CFM anyway, as it is a piece of crapola.

Everything seems fine, although during transfer, I did notice that the progress meter was wacky again. It didn't seem to have any relationship to what was happening.

One thing about that though, my server machine (where I'm transferring to the Nomad) has no monitor, and I use Ultra-VNC to remote control this box. I thought maybe poor screen refresh or something made the progres meter appear strange, but I just tested on my machine WITH a directly connected monitor, and the results were kinda odd.

If I transferred ONE album (12 tracks) to my Nomad, the progress meter looked perfect. I then transferred 92 tracks to the Nomad, and the progress meter went back to it's earlier strange behaviour.
Cheers
Rob

Robert Taylor

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2004, 04:21:35 pm »

Wierder Still!

I just noticed that on subsequent transfers the progress meter seems to work fine. It only seems to get confused on the first transfer in a MC session. Maybe it's not sensing the width of the left hand pane properly or something?

Cheers
Rob

SteveG

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2004, 10:41:50 am »

Lunchmeat,

Tonight's plugin and latest MC should fix the progress issues which were revamped in Friday's MC as they relate to doing file conversions of more than 10 files.

EpF,

Tonight's plugin will truncate playlists of over 50 characters to resolve your issue.

Steve

ZenUser

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2004, 03:28:02 am »

4 Issues:

1. I want Media Center to stop making my Zen display artist info as "miltiple artists."  Prior to using media center 10, the artist on my zen would display the actual artist.  now it displays "multiple artists" even though the files have NOT been re-uploaded to the zen.  What settings prevents the use of "multiple artists?"

2. My playlists on the Zen are empty.  I do not use spaces in the name of the playlists and all the names are under 10 characters long.  Names used that have resulted in empty playlists are Mix01, Main.  The playlists are still empty.

3. During zync operations, media center deletes playlists that existed only on the zen and not on media center, thus forcing the zen to have only the playlists that exist in media center.  how do I prevent this happening again?

4. How do I prevent mc from re-reading the zen contents when I simply right-click on the device name (left pane) to get the menu?  case: I want to right-click on the left pane zen entry to select the sync files menu option, but I have to wait right now until mc re-reads the zen to display all its contents even though I right-clicked and not left clicked

Assume that I have all of the latest drivers, media center versioin and zen plugin verion as well as all updates to oerating system (windowsxp pro) as of the date and time of this post.  I downloaded everything less than 20 minutes prior to posting using the links supplied here and on the main board.

Issue 5: deleting files from the zen crashes media center. deleting files from the zen using other applications works fine

SteveG

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2004, 05:10:27 pm »

Everyone,

The plugin I referred to on Monday never got posted. If it does not go up later this afternoon, look for it tomorrow. It will be version 9.0.42.

ZenUser,

Please confirm that you have version 9.0.42 of the plugin and MC 10.0.93. 'Multiple Artists' has been disabled for a while and should only be 'Artist'.

EpF

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2004, 05:12:22 am »

Steve -

I still have the problem that empty playlists are being created.  I'm using the latest (.42) plugin and MC 10.0.93...  Could it be one of my files?  It's the same lists, and apart from the titles, they share the same parameters as other lists which transfer perfectly...

SteveG

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2004, 04:30:54 pm »

EpF,

Are you seeing warnings about multiple files with duplicate information prior to the transfer?

Steve

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2004, 01:37:45 am »

I can confirm the problem with empty playlists. 12 of my 27 playlists are empty. They are all smartlists.

Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2004, 10:08:09 am »

I tried to narrow down the reason for the empty playlists. It has nothing todo with the type of the playlist. But I found an example of songs that keep causing the problem. Whenever I add the following songs, the playlists end up empty on my Jukebox.
Both of following songs are causing problems:

|Name|Artist|Album|Rating|Genre|Track #|Duration|Bitrate|File Type|Date (year)|Filename|

|Air Chair|Beth Quist|MAGNATUNECOM World Music - Indian, Celtic, Arabic, Baltic, Tango & more - June 2003|5|World||6:52|128|mp3||G:\mp3\MP3 Library\MP3 - CD07 - WorldMusic\MAGNATUNECOM World Music - Indian, Celtic, Arabic, Baltic, Tango & more - June 2003\Beth Quist - Air Chair.mp3|

|Toccata and Fugue in D minor|Bach by Conrad Kleige (Organ)||5|Classical|32|9:22|160|mp3|2000|G:\mp3\MP3 Library\MP3 - CD16 - Classical\Best of Classical 1\Bach - Conrad Kleiger, Organ (AWESOME (1).mp3|

I think it has to do with the lenght of the album name. Whenver the album lenght exceeds a certain number of characters the whole playlists ends up empty. Is that possible?
I also found that the main problem that those songs are not transferred in the first place. When I manually transferred the songs with the Nomad software. After that it started working.

I see follwing problems
1) For some reasons the some songs are not transferred. The songs are listed above
2) If songs are not transferred, the playlist is not populated (error handling code, I assume)
So if case 1) is not solved, why not at least fix point 2) that we at least get the songs are already on the jukebox.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up