INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN  (Read 39334 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:06:31 pm »

Hello to all Nomad people,

The Nomad support in MC is in the process of major reworking and information is scattered in the MC build thread and other places. Lets try to centralize things here for a bit.

For tonight, there is a new plugin available but it is not on the website it can be downloaded from here......

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/new/hh_nomadjukebox.mjp

Please test it out with tonight's buld of MC 10 and let me know the results. It has been modified to make synching and reporting much faster.

Thanks,

Steve

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 06:14:16 pm »

Steve,

I will be testing it with great eagerness and furious optimism as soon as I get home tonight.

:D
Cheers
Rob

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 07:05:09 pm »

Hey Steve...

Doesn't seem to be working......
(I loaded your Nomad plugin as well)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/BackToTheDrawingBoard.jpg

Media Center Registered 10.0.73 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1792 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1571 MB, Free - 1084 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 08:57:14 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think that screen shot looks like what you'd get with an old plugin.

Maybe try reinstalling the new plugin again to see if it helps.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 09:22:13 pm »

Nope...

I installed the build (72) and the new plugin twice. I got the same results..
-

Robert Taylor

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 04:57:56 am »

ImJustAGamer,

I saw what you're seeing there a couple of builds ago.

I think I needed to completely delete everything on my Nomad (I upgraded firmware to the latest rev off the Creative site at the same time).

Now I see things the way they should be, but accessing my Nomad is hideously slow, and while it's trying to access the Nomad in the Drives & Devices tree, it is using between 60 and 70% of my CPU...

The Playlists column is the first column, but it contains nothing. I tried to delet 5 tracks from my Nomad, it it is faster to remove them using the Nomad's built in menu system!!
I have installed the latest plugin from this page...
BTW I am accessing my Nomad via Firewire

---

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1101 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 133 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive L:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
Cheers
Rob

Robert Taylor

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 05:13:59 am »

Now here's something interesting!

I just hooked my Nomad 3 up to another machine I have, this time by USB, and deleting files is actually almost bearable, although the "Deletion In Progress" dialog window is still there with a non-existent progress meter...

On this machine, however, while the track deletion is happening, MC's CPU use floats up and down anywhere from 80%-98%, and memory use is growing slowly again (watching a delete of 11 files), and memory use climbed to around 70Mb, before dropping to around 45-50Mb...

It does seem to get there in the end though, although further testing shows that it takes around 5 minutes to delete 22 tracks from my Nomad.

While the Nomad is hooked up via USB, the right-click options on the Nomad are now limited to "Format" which warns you about "formatting your memory", and then fails.

---

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1837 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 136 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
Cheers
Rob

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 10:18:52 am »

Everyone,

That link was linked to the wrong file yesterday, so you were testing with old code. Sorry. The link is now correct and the plugin page will be updated by midday.

Steve

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 02:01:05 pm »

I still have exactly the same problem as with previous builds/plug-ins.

If I synchronise 'All music', MC10 starts running through the analysis screen and then shuts down after about 2-3 seconds.

Synchronising 'Recently imported -Imported today' causes an error message and MC10 closes down again.

Any ideas?

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 02:06:57 pm »

It's actually as MC10 is running through the conversion process that the program crashes when trying to synch all music.

Also, MC10 is reporting the wrong free space on the zen xtra on the synch screen. Shows 60.1gb when I've only got 45gb left.

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 02:52:48 pm »

I've done a bit more playing (apologies for the multiple messages), and it seems that it is the 'forced conversion during synch' that isn't working.

If I uncheck the forced conversion then it seems to work OK, but I'd like to be able to normalise the files during conversion if possible.

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 02:54:24 pm »

Why would you want to Normalize?? If you want volume levelling isn't it better to use the one in EAX in the player?

Curious...
-

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 03:02:20 pm »

Why would you want to Normalize?? If you want volume levelling isn't it better to use the one in EAX in the player?

I'm still on the learning curve with all this. I'll try with the EAX. Normalising through MC didn't seem to work all that well anyway.

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 03:50:18 pm »

The volume control with EAX works great!!
-

LonWar

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 03:54:48 pm »

I tested this new plugin and it seems to work...

However I only tested it with a few files...
Oh and the double cycling thing,. Is still there.
-

Robert Taylor

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 04:39:47 pm »

Hmmm...I just installed the proper Nomad plugin, and it doesn't seem any different. I'm still seeing large amounts of CPU and memory use, and a long time taken to delete a mere 12 tracks from my Nomad.

Retrieving the list of Nomad contents is definately faster, though.

Cheers
Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 04:43:27 pm »

and a long time taken to delete a mere 12 tracks from my Nomad.
How long?

SteveG

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 05:34:21 pm »

Squanderbug,

I found and fixed a problem which would have caused issues with the conversions. It is on the MC side, not the plugin so you will have to wait for tomorrow's build for the fix.

Lunchmeat,

To confirm, it takes us way longer to delete 12 files than it takes with another application? The deletion progress empty bar is because Creative is not giving me any progress to show you. In regards to the memory use during this process, there is not a lot I am doing except calling Creative's deletion function with an ID for the file which I have stored.

Imjustagamer,

Can you elaborate on the 'double cycling' issue? When exactly are you seeing this? thanks.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 05:40:01 pm »

Hey Steve, After deleting files, it'll "Cycle" then goto a blanc screen, and cycle again,
Afterupload it will do the same thing,

After searching, it will Cycle once.

If you want I can try and get 2 screen shots?
-

Robert Taylor

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 08:24:55 pm »

I just installed build 10.0.74 of MC, and still have V 9.0.34 of Nomad plugin. Now transfer times, and delete times are fantastic compared to what they were. This is using the Firewire connection.

I transferred two albums, 27 songs, 88.9mb to Nomad in around 1.5 minutes, and deleted same from Nomad in 20-30 secs.

Very good work chaps!!

The only thing I noticed was that the progress bar when transferring TO the Nomad is kinda ballsed up! It doesn't seem to reflect how far it's actually got, and started drawing again from the left side while it was only about 40% across its width. This happened at about 90% thru the transfer.

Thank you!

Cheers
Rob

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 11:25:50 am »

imjustagamer,

The double cycle is fixed tonight.

Lunchmeat,

Can you elaborate on the progress, because I cannot duplicate this. Are you doing synching or drag and dropping the files? Are you doing on the fly conversion? If so, the AW will reflect the current batch of 10 files transferring progress while the conversion dialogue will reflect the overall conversion process.

Thanks,

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2004, 11:28:35 am »

imjustagamer,

The double cycle is fixed tonight.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks alot Steve, I was beginning to think my eyes were messing with me....
-

SteveG

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2004, 04:26:56 pm »

Everyone,

The new plugin with the double cycling fix is here.......

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2004, 04:42:07 pm »

Excellent Steve, Thanks.....

However, Now when your deleting tracks it try's to put everything that your deleting in the message box.

Please see  http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/del.bmp
-

Robert Taylor

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2004, 07:50:27 pm »

Sorry Steve,

I am merely clicking on the Nomad in the tree and then selecting multiple files, and hitting the delete key to clean off my Nomad.

I use drag & drop to queue files up for transfer to the Nomad.

It was wierd, as I said the 74 build of MC when applied with the already installed 9.0.34 Nomad plugin just seemed to take off beautifully.

I'm not doing any conversions or anything...

I have just installed the 10.0.75 of MC, and your latest Nomad plugin, and it seems even better performance wise. It also doesn't seem to be consuming as much CPU and memory (according to Task Manager) as previously on my machine.

Many thanks!

Hey 'Gamer! Using BMPs on the web is bad karma dude! They're just too darn big! Try converting it to JPG or GIF before plonking it up on the net, you see, poor sucks like me still have dial-up (can't get me no broadband!), and BMP take ages to download (I gave up after about 2 minutes and it was only 20% thru!!) Cheers
Cheers
Rob

bebop

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 10:20:01 am »

The new plug in works much better.  I deleated all my files (11086, to be exact) from my Zen, which took 3 hrs total.  Then imported them back into the unit using the "send to' option.  this took slightly over 8 hrs.  Very similar to the time it atook using the program that came with the unit (creative mediasource).  However, still having some concerns regarding the sync thing...but maybe I'm just going at it in the wrong way.  Added new album and instead of sending it to the Zen, did a sync files from the dropdown.  At first it was going great, then it began to sync the playlist ( I only had one, all tracks...which is the same as the one on the Zen.   I gave up after 2 1/2 hrs.  Stopped the operation and checked both Pc and Zen.  My playlist on the Zen had disappeared and a new one (smartlist, all music) had appeared, but with only 1800 tracks!  Did i do something out of order? Or is an all track playlist just not feasible?  

Media Center Registered 10.0.75 -- H:\j. river\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2520 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:8
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32112
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
 :o

SteveG

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2004, 05:30:00 pm »

imjustagamer,

Thanks. This was fixed Friday after I lost the ability to post it. It will be resolved on Monday.

Lunchmeat,

To summarize, you are seeing the progress bar misbehave when you are drag and dropping even a small number (27?) of files and then uploading without doing file conversion. I have been unable to duplicate this, but will try again. Anyone else seeing this?

bebop,

The problem is that with synchronization, all playlists are currently deleted and then recreated. This was changed to conform with the way all other players are working. Unfortunately, this is a very slow process on the Nomad. I will craft a way on Monday to make this less painful.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2004, 05:35:00 pm »

imjustagamer,

Thanks. This was fixed Friday after I lost the ability to post it. It will be resolved on Monday.

Steve

Thanks Steve,
Do they not let you guys off on the weekend??
-

bebop

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2004, 06:03:10 pm »

Thanks Steve, will check back on Monday!  B

Robert Taylor

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 07:59:26 pm »

Steve,

The issue with the progress bar seems fine now. I will do more testing tonight to see if anything changes.

Thanks again!
Cheers
Rob

SteveG

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 12:40:02 pm »

bebop,

Tonight's MC will have a synchronization check box which will allow you to opt out of synchronizing the playlist data, meaning the destruction and reconstruction of the playlists.  If you do not want to wait for the reconstruction of playlists after a synch, deselect this option.  The downside of this, is playlists will not be updated, the upside is it will be much faster.

Steve

bebop

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 12:52:25 pm »

Thanks Steve, will give it a try.  The playlists seem to be the problem.  So this should fix things.  Also, I can't seem to make a playlist for the Nomad in the droplist under Drives & Devices... maybe I am doing something wrong here...I select made a playlist using the 'add playlist", then selected the music (in the Zen window) and tried "add to playlist"... and nothing happened.  Am I missing a step?  Thanks  B

SteveG

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2004, 03:36:28 pm »

B,

No, this wasn't working in the last build. Should be tonight.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2004, 05:00:36 pm »

The new Nomad Plugin is not available from the plugins page yet, but you can get it here...

PS it is version 9.0.36

LonWar

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2004, 05:25:29 pm »

Hi Steve, The delete box is showing better, Thanks...

However, The upload box data just doesn't look right. Please take a look at the status bar in the pic.

And another However... Things are starting to work a lot quicker!!
Thanks for all the work!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/upload.jpg
-

king896

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 09:44:37 pm »

Hi, I really like how this plug-in is shaping up, but over the last couple of builds the option to overwrite files has seemed to disappear.  This is important for me because sometimes I throw some tracks on before I mp3gain them and then replace them when I get a chance to analyze them.  If I am missing something any help would be great, but I am doing nothing differently.

bebop

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 10:10:32 pm »

Thanks Steve, this is much better now that I can opt out of having the playlists synced!  Still having problems with the playlist, though...it lets me make the list, then hangs when I try to add tracks.   B

SteveG

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2004, 11:15:35 am »

imjustagamer,

I cannot duplicate the upload data problem. Please confirm the following...

1) You are not synching, you are drag and dropping the files.
2) How many files are you sending when it is screwed up?
3) When does the bar get off (after approximately how many files)?
4) You are not doing file conversion on the fly.

king896,

The plugin has grown much smarter about comparing what is on the player and what needs to be sent. When you mp3gain the file, no tag information changes and so we do not send the file does not get sent again. This negatively affects your situation, but positively affects the overall interaction of the Nomad and MC. You will need to delete the files from Nomad. Sorry.

bebop,

Can you clarify where the problem lies? Are you saying you synch a playlist. Add files to the playlist in MC and then MC hangs when you resynch? If you have the 'Add Playlist Data' box unchecked, is it hanging during the file transfer or where?

Thanks.

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2004, 11:19:36 am »

imjustagamer,

I cannot duplicate the upload data problem. Please confirm the following...

1) You are not synching, you are drag and dropping the files.
2) How many files are you sending when it is screwed up?
3) When does the bar get off (after approximately how many files)?
4) You are not doing file conversion on the fly.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

1) No, Dragging and Dropping
2) Any number, have tried 5 and 10
3) (?? That's kinda personal... ;D  Couldn't resist) The bar just stays at 2 bars and thats it.
4) Nope, Already converted files.
-

SteveG

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2004, 11:29:11 am »

imjustagamer,

HA. I snorted at #3.

When I send 5 files all is fine and the bar progresses correctly. What player do you have, what OS? How big are the files (if it isn't too personal  ;) ) ? What file type are the files?

LonWar

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2004, 11:34:22 am »

imjustagamer,

HA. I snorted at #3.

When I send 5 files all is fine and the bar progresses correctly. What player do you have, what OS? How big are the files (if it isn't too personal  ;) ) ? What file type are the files?

I have Nomad Jukebox 3, Latest firmware, 1.40.06p
Around 5 meg each, Mp3 VBR Normal/Low (about 130 kbps)
The status bar was fine on the prior Plugin, Maybe something didn't copy over propperly, I'll reinstall the plugin and give it another try when I get home from work...

Yes, I am supposed to be working...  8)

-

bebop

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2004, 12:50:00 pm »

Steve, here it is in a nutshell...on the tree, under drives & Devices - selected Nomad Jukebox.  Selected add Playlist.  Named playlist.  Then went back to main tree..list was there.  Then selected Nomad Jukebox.  hilighted all tracks ('cause my favorite and only playlist, that i use is all tracks, played randomly) selected "add to playlist'... and waited, and waited, and waited.  After two hours i gave up. Clicking anywhere was sueless..I was locked up good and tight.  I had to try six times to get task manager to show up.  So, thought of the obvious...maybe hadn't installed quite right, so uninstalled, made sure that all virus scanners, firewalls, and misc. was disabled and re-installed.  Checked the list...and there was the playlist, so clicked on it and there were files ther...but only 900.  So, tried using a much  a smaller playlist.  This worked in a timely fashion.  So tried again using the monster list....and same problem.  This function takes about 2 minutes using the creative mediasource program .  So am I doing something wrong here?  B

SteveG

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2004, 03:13:17 pm »

imjustagamer,

If you can try again with tonight's plugin, that would be great.  I can't see any problems here with 5 VBR files of 5MB each.

bebop,

I made a bunch of changes to speed up the adding to playlist code and also provided some messaging to show you what is going on. I think this will take care of your issue.  Please get tonight's build of the Plugin when it is available.  It  will be v 9.0.37.

Steve

bebop

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2004, 06:21:43 pm »

Thanks Steve. Looking forward to it!  Keep up the great work!  B

LonWar

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2004, 06:45:07 pm »

Any Idea when the new plugin will be out? Or is it the one at the top of this thread?
-

Robert Taylor

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2004, 04:11:26 am »

I've just done some testing with MC V 10.0.77, and Nomad plugin V 9.0.36 (which was the version which was downloaded by clicking the link in this thread).

It seems to perform very nicely still. Memory usage and CPU were the sort of thing I would expect, and time taken to transfer to the Nomad, using Drag & Drop on the AW, or Send To menu, were quite acceptable.

The progress bar in the AW seems to have a mind of it's own, however, and doesn't seem to bear any relationship with what's happening with the transfer. ie. it starts being redrawn at apparently random intervals. I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be showing the progress of each track (which it doesn't), or the progress of the transfer as a whole (which it also doesn't).

Deleting tracks from the Nomad seems significatly faster than the last build I tried.

It's getting better all the time...
Cheers
Rob

Robert Taylor

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2004, 04:29:51 am »

Now, this is wierd!

Re: My previous thread's reference to the progress bar with the mind of its own...

I've just done two lots of transfers, and the progress bar seems to behave perfectly normally (ie. it shows the progress of the transfer as a whole).

At first I thought it might have been because I usually transfer multiple complete albums over, sa this time I transferred a single album, but I just checked it again with multiple albums, and it worked perfectly.

Maybe I better check where those mushrooms came from that we had with our dinner...

BTW I have just done some testing on my other machine via USB, and it's even faster!

Cheers
Rob

LonWar

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2004, 07:04:33 am »

Hey Steve,
I am at home all day today!!

Well here is the testing results.

Deleting Tracks, All is great until the deleting is finished, Ir cycles the track #'s, then all of the tracks disapear, and then it cycles again, then all is ok... It does this everytime I delete anything.

Loading tracks, This seems to be good and fast... The status bar is a wee bit weird.
Starts off blanc, and when a track uploads the status bar goes up a bit, then when the nest track starts to upload the status bar goes back to empty. However you do not have double cycling here.

Uploading tracks that are already there: Looks like it's gonna do something, then just cycles through the tracks and display's them, Does not ask wether to skip duplicates or re write. (Used to do this?)

Synching Files, This is kind of confusing as it only asks you to sync Recently Played, Task - Possible Duplicates, Top Hits.
This should also have a All Library check.
Other then that it works very well...
-

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2004, 08:42:22 am »

Just as an aside, what should synchronise actually do?

For example, if I synchronise a 'recently imported' playlist with new files, then it acts the same as dragging the files to the hand held and transferring them that way, except the playlist is also created on the Zen.

However, what does it do with existing files? I'd like to use synch 'all music' to allow the Zen to reflect any tag changes I made in MC. i.e. The file would remain the same, but the tags would update on the player. However, when I tried this, I found I had some duplicate files. I must admit I didn't let the synch run the whole way through as I din't have the time to wait for it, and the plug-in has been updated since, so it might have changed.

So, if synch encounters an existing file what does it do?, and then if it encounters that same file with tag changes what does it do?

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well.

SteveG

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2004, 10:42:09 am »

Everyone,

The plugin to use right now is 9.0.37 and is available from the MC 10 plugin page.

Lunchmeat,

Stay out of the mushrooms and please let me know if you see any more progress bar issues.

imjustagamer,

The double cycle on delete is removed in tonight's MC build. The problem was in MC, not the plugin.

I added something to the next plugin (what will be 9.0.38) that I hope fixes the progress for you.

In regards to the duplicates, one of the major changes of late is that MC checks for duplicates before ever sending anything to Nomad. If duplicates exist, MC does not send them to speed everything up. If any changes occur to the Album, Artist, Genre, Name or Track number tag, the old files will be deleted and then resent.

Synching will allow you to sync any playlists you have. You could create an 'All Music' smartilsit/playlist and that would do what you want. I will add a checkbox to send all files. There used to be one, but it was confusing for some so I removed it.

Squanderbug,

Synchronizing functions the same as dragging the files but it adds the ability to send organized groups of files (i.e. playlists/smartlists) and to group those files on the Handheld and the ability to remove files on the handheld that are not selected. If you upload or synch files that are already on the Nomad, it will not resend them if the Artist, Album, Genre, Name and Tracknumber are the same. If any of these fields change, if you are drag and dropping, the file will be resent. If you are synchronizing and you have 'Delete unselected files checked', files with different information will be removed from the portable. In both drag and drop and Synchronization, if you change a tag such as 'Composer','Comment', or 'Rating'  (if your player supports these fields) and the file already exists on the Portable, the file will be removed and resent.

I hope that helps.

Steve

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up