INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.79 beta available  (Read 4572 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.79 beta available
« on: February 26, 2004, 04:40:39 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues and report them from time to time until we have addressed them.

The latest stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10079.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a re-worked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install the new plug-in).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.79 (2/26/04)

1. Fixed: Access Filter wouldn't filter files currently in Playing Now.
2. Fixed: Rotating corrupt JPEG files could crash MC.
3. Fixed: Image playback changes didn't take effect right away when audio wasn't also playing with the images.
4. Changed: Can no longer drag files to the root handheld player item in the Action Window when there are multiple players present.
5. Fixed: Duration wouldn't show up in the player bar during image-only playback.
6. Fixed: Send To > Play items that shuffled the selected tracks were not working properly.
7. Fixed: MC would not play WAV files with MP3 data inside.
8. Fixed: MC would display incorrect values for ripping speed in action window, progress bar would not fill up completely.
9. Fixed: Double-click in Theater View could cause actions to happen twice.
10. Fixed: Some actions that changed views (Locate, etc.) would cause the Back / Forward system to skip pages.
11. Fixed: If an import was done with Media Library already showing, it wouldn't switch to show only the newly imported files.
12. NEW: Locate On Disk (external) will select the desired file in Explorer.
13. Changed: When choosing which keyboard shortcut to display, MC will always pick the shortest match. (i.e. shows "Delete" instead of "Shift+Delete")
14. Changed: When clicking the play button in a view with no files, MC will now start playing whatever is in Playing Now.
15. Fixed: In some cases, control bars could be visible in Theater View.
16. Fixed: Portable synch dialogue would not refresh correctly if 'All files' selected.
17. Fixed: Portable transfers to PC.

Launfal

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Media Center 10.0.79 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 05:33:40 pm »

First, the setup:

Media Center Registered 10.0.79 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2385 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1039 MB, Free - 779 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Now the problem:

Insert a CD, get the YADB info, try to edit the track info, and the edit box disappears in a second, sometimes two, whether you're done editing the info or not.

I didn't notice this in the last couple of V10 builds.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 07:57:07 pm »

Unable to edit more than 1 playlist at a time in the AW. I was able to do this before.

Clicking on the check box in "File Playlists" (AW) sometimes does nothing. Have to re-click on it to work.

Access Control doesn't hide files in a playlist when inside a playlist group when that playlist group is filtered.

Current playing file gets truncated when being played (bold). Column does not autosize to show all text.

There are no tooltips in panes. Hard to see what's inside a pane list when size is small.

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 33 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 08:20:09 pm »

if you click twice on a field, it goes into edit field, then kicks you back out
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 08:50:28 pm »

Cover art still does not display in the Track Info window of Playing Now when songs are played via Media Server, but it displays in all other views (3D visualizations, AW "Image" screen, etc.)

WMA radio stations are still broken.

Searching radio stations by speed is still broken -- the speed dropdown box has no effect on searches.

Larry  

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 11:28:53 pm »

Asked before but never haved any reply. Could you show how long time you watching a streaming (here i have a .asf) instead of  0:00/Live ??

Thanks
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 11:45:28 pm »

Asked before but never haved any reply. Could you show how long time you watching a streaming (here i have a .asf) instead of  0:00/Live ??

If you right click on the timeline bar and select "customize," you can change what and how this information displays.  I don't know if this will solve your issue, but it does allow a decent amount of customization.

That said, the MC radio station capability has some much more serious problems lately -- like the sudden lack of WMA streaming support, along with the broken "speed" variable for searches.  Both of these worked fine until one of the recent builds.

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 01:00:31 am »

From previous bug thread:

Quote:
1. Fixed: 3D Picture Cube wasn't changing images with track changes, and was using too low of a texture quality.  

I was excited when I saw this as I thought it might fix the same problem in standard visualisations but alas it does not.  Here's an OnEquation for an Image from Vis Studio:  on=if(t<75,1,0);t=(t+1)%800

With this and many other OnEquations except 'Always On' the image often does not get changed when you hit next track.  It would be really good if you could fix this.  I can no longer show cover art in a vis on my plasma monitor because Always On gives me worries about burn in.

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 02:00:06 am »

I have a couple of large Mpeg 2 video's on my system and Media Centre seems to be reporting the wrong file size such as:

Windows=7.7gig  Media Centre= 3.1gig

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 02:06:26 am »

1. Arrow keys don't work while tagging info (as a result of 1 above)
2. Selecting tracks for ripping and r/clicking, using "rip CD" in AW produce different tracks for ripping if you don't choose the whole CD.
3. Secure rip dialogue doesn't appear automatically any more after ripping - it appears after clicking "close" in AW. It should do otherwise how do you know you want to "close".

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 02:37:26 am »

This Bug is still not fixed

Re:Media Center 10.0.75 beta available
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 09:42:27 PM »  

When playing short videos (my music mpg's) MC is stalling (a few seconds) between videos and showing icons or cover Art and text saying "opening".  This has been happening since 10.073.
It's a bit annoying when your playing a high volume of music videos.  Please fix it to be seamless like before, or give us the option to turn it off.  

Thanks!  

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 02:50:34 am »

There is a bug in the way multiple files are selected in the list control.  Select a single song in the list, let's say number 4 in the list.  Now re-sort the list in a different way so that the song changes position.  The same song is still highlighted, just like it should be, even though it might now be at (say) position 10 in the list.  If I now shift-click number 12 in the list, I would expect songs 10-12 to be selected:  From the highlighted song (#10) to the one I shift-clicked (#12).  But MC selects songs 4 to 12.  Something is not updated when I change the sort order.

For most fields, I can copy a value to the next row using copy/paste, by pressing "F2 Ctrl-C down Ctrl-V enter".  This does not work for lyrics because I cannot paste a multi-line string into an ordinary field.  The lyrics are cut off at the first line break.  Instead I have to use alt-enter to open the tag info window, and then search for the lyrics field (using the mouse, since keyboard navigation through these fields is very difficult), click the Edit button (using the mouse -- I can't find any way to do this using the keyboard at all), paste the lyrics into the new window, and select "save".  This is very annoying.

"File | Export All Playlists..." ends in an ellipsis which generally indicates that it will open a dialog.  In fact it starts exporting all playlists immediately.

If I open a statistics action window and then change the content by right-clicking it and selecting another view ("overview", "artist/album", and so on), the statistics window will not resize immediately.  I have to switch to another action window (which minimizes the statistics window) and then switch back.

The main action window always seems to show one empty "item" at the bottom (or maybe I just disagree with your choice of bottom margin?).

[list shortened -- please post only bugs in this thread -- anything else should go in a separate thread -- thanks -- JimH]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 07:48:01 am »

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 08:05:40 am »

Songs don't appear to be crossfading from one to the next as they should based on the options set.  

All of mine are lossless wma's if that makes a difference.  Anyone else notice this?  They're just fading to silence, at which time the next song kicks in.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 09:07:45 am »

Just a reminder that the Date (Day) and Date (Month) overwrite problem is still in this build.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 09:36:32 am »

Bug:
1. Double-clicking the track info display window (top, center window) causes 2 actions:  toggles track info display and toggles AW window.  Betting that's not intended...single clicks should toggle the track info display and, maybe, double-clilcks should toggle just the AW window (only).

Question/How to:
1. The track info display is always centered....is there a way to specify in the customizations that you want left/right/center justification?  I want left justification on one customization, basically...but can't see a way to do it (currently).  [talking about the whole line...not individual parts of the line...I know that feature would be harder to implement]

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 10:56:05 am »

As per JimH's reccomendation:

Download Manager is taking over even though it has been disabled.
I double & triple checked and 'disable browser integration' is checked, however whenever I select certain file types (only .asx so far) Download Manager still starts up. It does not start for other file types, but so far my testing has been much less than exhaustive so there may be other file types its interfering with as well.

Intel Unknown 885 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 471 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 11:16:37 am »

Same thing happens to me for ASX files.

-Platu

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 11:53:34 am »

Double clicking on some playlists will not start playing at the first track of that playlist. For instance, i have a "best of" radiohead mix that starts at "true love waits" no matter where it is placed within the playlist. right click>play, however, begins playing at the first track.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 12:03:01 pm »

3D visualation still acting up picture cube mode instead of displaying cover art there's a foating white cube foating around the screen and switching to images and switching back to 3D visual displays error and you have to close MC and restart again and there's the white box again I have'nt seen this for a couple of build but it's back since at lease .77 and .79 build gotten worst.

Marko

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 12:51:36 pm »

3D visualation still acting up picture cube mode instead of displaying cover art there's a foating white cube foating around the screen and switching to images and switching back to 3D visual displays error and you have to close MC and restart again and there's the white box again I have'nt seen this for a couple of build but it's back since at lease .77 and .79 build gotten worst.
I've seen this one too and it prompted me to look closer at the status of the [image file] field on some of my files here...
for the files that produce the white cube, the image file in the action window will be one of two things..
1. no picture displayed, but a file address showing instead. (to fix, remove image, not from hard drive) then qwik find image.

2. no picture displayed, but "inside file" shown in the action window. again, the above steps appear to fix the image file thing, or, if you are not storing art inside files, try updating the tags from the library and this has also fixed the inside file problem for me.

I've no idea what has caused all these broken image file references but will be keeping an eye on it over the next few days. I plan to update all the image files here, and will then watch for any getting broken.
Unless of course, anyone has any ideas about this?

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 01:01:36 pm »

As per JimH's reccomendation:

Download Manager is taking over even though it has been disabled.
I double & triple checked and 'disable browser integration' is checked, however whenever I select certain file types (only .asx so far) Download Manager still starts up. It does not start for other file types, but so far my testing has been much less than exhaustive so there may be other file types its interfering with as well.

ASF files seem to be doing it as well

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 03:24:24 pm »

Double clicking on some playlists will not start playing at the first track of that playlist. For instance, i have a "best of" radiohead mix that starts at "true love waits" no matter where it is placed within the playlist. right click>play, however, begins playing at the first track.

Shuffle mode?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up