INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.87 beta available  (Read 4363 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.87 beta available
« on: March 09, 2004, 05:04:53 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues and report them from time to time until we have addressed them.

The latest stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10087.exe

10.0.87 (3/9/04)
Many small changes

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
Re:Media Center 10.0.87 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 05:46:30 pm »

Downloaded, installed, working great, thanks!  :)
(listening to Norah Jones - Feels like home)
-Pietro

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 07:11:50 pm »

That list of changes covers everything!  ;)
Running just fine here.
This has been a problem for quite some time:  Any tag changes seem to take f o r e v e r to write.  This is problem because when I finally decide to make changes to lots of files (for instance getting covers or changing Genre in list of files) I must wait as it locks up Media Center until it's done.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:24:23 pm »

Ok HOLD it HOLD it... Stop the presses...

ummm Just kidding...  ;D

But I do have 3 small annoyences...

1: http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/%2berror.JPG
Those pluses to the left of Comment and Need Year... You clicl on them and they disappear... Why are they there??

2: When your saving and the saving box pops up, Sometimes it's full screen sometimes it's a little box.

3: When your saving and the saving box pops up (Dejavoo?) in the middle of the box it flashes.... Real annoying...

Have a good night.
-

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:10:35 pm »

WMA radio stations still don't work.  I should reiterate that I know these are stations that used to work since I bookmarked them in my "My Stations" box.  If you want to test the problem, just pull up the list of "Radio Free Virgin" stations and start going down the list.

Should I stop reporting this?  Can someone from J River confirm that they know about this problem?

Larry

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:13:28 pm »

Open bug:
Media Center Library Manager allows invalid pathnames, e.g. pathnames that include illegal characters such as '|' or '*' to be entered in the location text box for specifing where to save the library. This causes lots of problems.

The other two bugs have been fixed.

Cheers,

Scott.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 11:24:15 pm »

V10.0.86 I still get some "random" bursts of sound from a prior track when starting a new track by pressing play, never on an automatic track switch (since it's next in the playlist).

Try this.  Double click on a track to start it playing.  Click the pause button.  Then double click another track to start it playing, you will hear a short burst of sound from the first track you paused.

Anyone else?

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 11:30:24 pm »

V10.0.86 I still get some "random" bursts of sound from a prior track when starting a new track by pressing play, never on an automatic track switch (since it's next in the playlist).

Anyone else?

It might be the same but mine sounds more like crackling and less like sounds from the previous track.  The next track is also delayed by 5 seconds or so.

Media Center Registered 10.0.87 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PHILIPS  DVD+RW SDVD6004    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 11:58:00 pm »

MC still dont support modules formats :(

Do you project to add theses formats in the final release?

You have fixed the 0:00/Live problem for streaming... Thanks...
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 01:17:08 am »

First time ever with this build I got over 1,000 failures when using "update library from tags". No reson given by MC but I've never had even 1 failure before. Same second try as well.

John

maxl311

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 02:10:24 am »

Don't know if this is specific to the new build because I am just now running Media Server with my new Series 2 TiVo, but running Media Server for a more than a few minutes makes my wireless optical Microsoft mouse freak out. I can move the pointer around the screen, but left-clicking on anything is impossible. Once I manage to quit Media Server, my mouse returns to normal.

Also, I am experiencing a similar problem with certain WM audio streams as lalittle. Some WM streams play fine, but other .asx audio-only streams are reported by MC as video streams ("File Type" reported as wmv) and fail to play even though they play fine in WMP 9. I've been seeing this for at least the past 4-5 builds. A bit frustrating since I want to be able to play the WM streams through my TiVo.
Every technology really needs to be shipped with a special manual -- not how to use it but why, when, and for what.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 03:33:31 am »

I'll try to explain this as simply as possible :)

1) Start playing a bunch of videos
2) Go to full screen mode if you haven't already
3) Wait for the full-screen controls and mouse cursor to dissapear... nice.
4) Either let the video finish and skip to the next vdeo in the playlist or hit CTRL-N to skip forward.
5) Wait a while
6) Wait some more...
7) Oh... the mouse cursor isn't going away... hrm... move the mouse around a bit... wait... there's no full-screen controls anymore... what???

Scott.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 08:03:39 am »

Not sure when this problem started, but I noticed it last build and persists to .87.  If you enter the day and date manually into the Date(Day) and Date(Month) fields, they disappear as soon as the month is entered.  Only by typing the full date into the Date field will they be retained.

Also curious if the day/month being lost upon update problem is on the list for repair before the 10.0 release?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 08:57:18 am »

Open bug:
Media Center Library Manager allows invalid pathnames, e.g. pathnames that include illegal characters such as '|' or '*' to be entered in the location text box for specifing where to save the library. This causes lots of problems.

The other two bugs have been fixed.

Cheers,

Scott.

If you enter an invalid path and click 'OK', it should tell you when it fails to create a directory, and then not let you continue.

Can you give a step-by-step with the exact path you're using if this isn't the case for you?

Thanks Scott.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 09:02:23 am »

Try this.  Double click on a track to start it playing.  Click the pause button.  Then double click another track to start it playing, you will hear a short burst of sound from the first track you paused.

Anyone else?

If your between tracks method is cross-fade, you'll hear the fade.

Also, some hardware doesn't flush it's internal memory buffers, so this can happen.  Sometimes switching between WaveOut and DirectSound will help.

Please start another thread if you'd like to dig some more.  Thanks pbreet.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 09:42:28 am »

Bug:
1. For my Mpeg-1 videos, MC displays a bogus bitrate value (like 3193293) when it should be something like 1152.  For my AVI (Divx...Mpeg-4) videos, MC displays the correct bitrate.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 10:18:45 am »

Ok HOLD it HOLD it... Stop the presses...

ummm Just kidding...  ;D

But I do have 3 small annoyences...

1: http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/%2berror.JPG
Those pluses to the left of Comment and Need Year... You clicl on them and they disappear... Why are they there??

For performance reasons, we always show a plus next to a view scheme. (instead of analyzing it)

If you turn off "Populate Tree" for the view schemes, you won't see the plus.

LonWar

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 10:21:31 am »

Got it, Thanks Matt...

-

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 10:22:44 am »

Using the "z" skin" all the scroll bars dont appear correctly. They have been cut off on the left hand side (columns and panes).

The Z skin looks very nice though. :)

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004, 10:25:17 am »

I can't get DSP studio to start with this release.  I've tried both the icon at the end of the timeline and Tools->Playback->DSP Studio...  Neither does anything.

-John

-- System Info --
Media Center Registered 10.0.87 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1584 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 10:48:42 am »

Scott,

I have the same experience with videos as you describe.  I also have a similar experience with processor intensive visualizations.  If I go to full screen with a vis like Damaged Layers (V), I experience the same sort of thing, the mouse won't go away and moving it around won't bring the controls back to be used, I have to double-click on the vis to get it back to standard view.

Do you have these same symptoms with visualizations, or is it just my hyperthreading that's causing me the problems.  I have posted about this a few times, but have not really ever found a difinitive answer.
pretend this is something funny

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 04:42:45 pm »

Just got brave enough to go from 9.1.3 to 10.0.85 (and then to .87). When I play an AVI file, at the end of the file, instead of going into "stop mode" or continuing on to the next track, playback stops. MC still appears to be playing because the play/pause button shows "pause" and pressing stop causes it to change back to "play", but the time counter shows the last time of the file and you have to manually click stop or next track to get it to continue. These are divx-codec AVI files. The problem does not appear to happen when an MPG file is played back.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 04:45:44 pm »

Just got brave enough to go from 9.1.3 to 10.0.85 (and then to .87). When I play an AVI file, at the end of the file, instead of going into "stop mode" or continuing on to the next track, playback stops.
We know about this problem and believe it will be fixed in tonight's build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up