INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.95 beta available  (Read 5417 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.95 beta available
« on: March 19, 2004, 04:12:45 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10095.exe

10.0.95 (3/19/04)

1. Changed: When starting playback that has a display, Media Center will better handle cases when it or its windowed mode are minimized or in the background.
2. Fixed: Disconnecting a WMDM device during a transfer could cause a crash in some cases.
3. Fixed: iPod synch could have negative time remaining values.
4. Fixed: When 'Enable WMDM Support' is selected and deselected, the tree now refreshes with the change.
5. Fixed: System and hidden files will not be shown for generic portable devices.
6. Changed: Changing playback zones no longer causes the view context (selection, scroll, etc.) to be lost.
7. NEW: Adding Zone=x to file list part of the command line cause MC to issue the playback command to the specified zone. (ex. /Play "c:\1.mp3|c:\2.mp3|zone=1")

10.0.94 (3/18/04)

1. Fixed: Connecting a WMDM device could cause a crash if the tree was expanded.
2. Changed: Updating / building the tree causes less flicker and jumping around, and can be much faster than before.
3. Changed: While resizing the tree to a smaller size, the selected item will stay visible.
4. Fixed: Search control could show "Go" link in some dialogs.
5. Changed: Unified printing commands to always show Print Action Window.
6. Changed: Tracks disabled with Access Control will no longer play when added to Playing Now from external programs.
7. Fixed: CD labeler would show a red X on printout wherever a graphic file was missing.
8. Fixed: CD burner handles unplugging of USB burner during burn process a little more gracefully.
9. Fixed: Portable available space revised to show the space minus the reserved space for database writing.
10. Fixed: Extended use of the "My Computer" tree could cause a crash.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:Media Center 10.0.95 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 08:08:12 pm »

ive noticed on the last build or two (im using .94) that MC keeps hijacking my screen. About every 10 minutes, regardless of what im working on, the screen flicks to MC. i change it back to whatever im working on and 10 minutes later it hijacks the screen again!

im going to play with media scheduler to see if thats the problem, and also get todays beta to see if anything's changed.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 09:11:32 pm »

Is there any way to extend the amount of EXIF data that is shown in MC ?

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 09:18:56 pm »

Hi, I'm new as you can see by my post count so please go easy on me if I'm not doing this right.

As to:

3. Fixed: iPod synch could have negative time remaining values

The iPod still goes neg on remaining time. I needed to initialize and reload 2400+ tracks (~20 GB) due to corruption from a bad 10.0.94 sync and it started at 30 sec and counted down to 0 and then started counting up in neg numbers. 40 GB iPod connected to XP Pro via USB.

I also noticed that the transfer rate was indicating "6 and change" MB/s after this load and in the past it showed "12 and change MB/s"

Edit To Add:

I tested again with both a small 200 file sync and full initialize and reload and the remaining time works on the small sync but sitll goes neg on the large data transfers.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 04:48:30 am »

Following this sequence of events causes full screen view to crash:

Start in standard view with a track playing and toggle round the following commands:

mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,3 to display theatre view
mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,2 to display Full screen
mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,0 to display standard view

This rarely hapens on the first time round but on the second time round the loop MC will not display Full Screen from Theatre View.  All you get are the tool bars at the top or bottom.  You can recover it using the glass skin by selecting Audio in Theatre View to go to the page with a vis in a PIP.  Then you can select Full Screen OK.  

This bug is completely recreatable every time and has been around for quite a few builds now.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 10:42:01 am »

I am using the iRiver 390, and experiencing the following problems:

1) When I select more files than will fit onto the protalbe MC shows negative space available instead of notifying me that there is not enough space.

2) When transferring large files ~50megs or many files, I get an error mesage stating that the server is busy.

3) The list of files on the portable is much more informative (includes all the tag info) when selecting the portable from under My Computer in the tree, then when choosing "show list" from the action window.  

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 10:54:29 am »

7. NEW: Adding Zone=x to file list part of the command line cause MC to issue the playback command to the specified zone. (ex. /Play "c:\1.mp3|c:\2.mp3|zone=1")

Yes, yes, yes! Thanks!!! Tested and confirmed! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

goose

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 11:51:04 am »

Thanks for the fix on the tree crashes! Another problem that has persisted through all builds:
When I use CD Labeler, it closes after I print the cover. I then have to re-open labeler and re-enter all print and disc info parameters to print the disc label. Very cumbersome. Also every time Labeler is used, I have to re-set printer selection and settings....can this be locked somehow?
Thanks, RW

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 12:04:07 pm »

Windows task bar auto hide problem is back again.  Tried several skins but still unable to unhide once I've clicked on an MC component.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 02:38:34 pm »

1- Start MC importing, the import activity window is late in arriving, appears as if MC is merely idle or stalled.

2- When replacing songs in a collection with newly ripped ones MC often asks to replace the existing file (not always).  
It will on numerous occaisions add the files with the same name and an (1).mp3 designation to conform with windows naming requirements.  This is certainly a bugger to filter out and eliminate all those dupes.

3 - When renaming for example, some of MC's dialog boxes will not respond to a mouse click, requiring instead a keyboard enter to acknowledge your selection.
. . . the game is rigged

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 02:38:54 pm »

When switching between libraries that have different custom fields, MC will not remember to display custom fields when switching back to the origional library.

e.g. if field "Custom 1" is a displayed column in library 1 but not a database field in library 2, if you switch from library 1 to library 2 then back to library 1, the field is no longer visible.

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 03:09:07 pm »

mkutsen,

Do you have 'WMDM support' enabled?

You should be notified that there is not enough space when you actually go to transfer. The negative value is there to assist you preliminarily to get an acceptable number of files queued up.

Steve

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 04:03:31 pm »

mkutsen,

Do you have 'WMDM support' enabled?

You should be notified that there is not enough space when you actually go to transfer. The negative value is there to assist you preliminarily to get an acceptable number of files queued up.

Steve

It does eventually, but the negative value reported as "space available-XX" is misleading because the "-" could be interpreted as a dash.

SteveG

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 04:33:35 pm »

mkutsen,

I will make this visually more clear. Do you have WMDM enabled?

Steve

ZRocker

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 06:12:36 pm »

Bug:
1. mini-me's Always On Top feature does not 'kick in' until you exit mini-me mode and return to mini-me...when you enable Always On Top while in mini-me mode currently.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004, 11:05:26 pm »

mkutsen,

I will make this visually more clear. Do you have WMDM enabled?

Steve

I sure do.

Thanks

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004, 06:05:30 am »

When ripping more than one CD in a row (with auto-insert notification turned off, and clicking the "Click Here To Continue Ripping" message in the Action Window between CDs), the display does not update with the list of tracks on the second disc, and clicking on the "Show list" message does not do anything.  As a result the list still shows the tracks on the first disc even when you're ripping something else entirely.

IanG

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 10:31:39 am »

The select folder button doesn't work when importing pictures from my digital camera.

Ian G.

bobrock

• Recent member
NOT Fixed: iPod synch could have negative time remaining values
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004, 12:38:14 pm »

Well just playing with this latest release.

Unfortunately I mus addmit that this is NOT fixed or at leaset doesn't work for me.
I can see incrementing negative time :(

3. Fixed: iPod synch could have negative time remaining values.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
MC Won't exit
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 02:28:48 pm »

I choose 10 vorbis songs,
tagged them
MC prosses them then a window pops telling me that they all couldn't be updated.
I close MC.
When I load MC again I get the msg that the server port can't be open and such.
That's what heppened before when MC didn't exit , and was left in the task manager.

Media Center Registered 10.0.95 -- h:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1816 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 162 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive M:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia Question.WAV

Burning /  Drive M: SONY     CD-RW  CRX215E1    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Niv

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 03:24:34 pm »

Attempting to scan in Cover Art in 10.095 is unsuccessful with an HP USB Scanner. MC10 recognizes the scan, allows a previous, but locks up the Action Window when one attempts to scan the picture back into MC10

Using WinXP Home.

Barry Thall

SteveG

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 03:56:31 pm »

bobrock,

Can you go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives and check that you have version 9.0.109. If so, when does it go negative? Right away or in the middle of the sync? Are you doing file conversion?

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 04:07:55 pm »

mkutsen,

The server is busy message will be suppressed in the next build.

3) The list of files on the portable is much more informative (includes all the tag info) when selecting the portable from under My Computer in the tree, then when choosing "show list" from the action window.  

If you view and access your portable with WMDM disabled, you should see the same information as wehn viewing under 'My Computer' because MC is analyzing the files. If you have WMDM enabled, what we are reporting is what the player is giving us via WMDM. It should be the same as what you see in WMP.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 06:40:30 pm »

When ripping more than one CD in a row (with auto-insert notification turned off, and clicking the "Click Here To Continue Ripping" message in the Action Window between CDs), the display does not update with the list of tracks on the second disc, and clicking on the "Show list" message does not do anything.  As a result the list still shows the tracks on the first disc even when you're ripping something else entirely.

Confirmed here also.

niv

ZRocker

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 01:37:58 pm »

Bug:
1. Handheld Progress bar is wacked...I did two successive transfers and on the second attempt, the progress bar started at about 60% (not 0%) and went to 100% when there was still about 60% left to transfer.

Update:
Well, on third attempt, MC start the transfer at 100%...something ain't getting reset on each successive transfter attempt.

2. Old bug is back, portable CF-card upload uploaded to root directory when it should have uploaded to a directory on the CF card.  Used drag-and-drop to queue the files to upload.  This was fixed a few releases ago...seems to be broken again in the current release.

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2004, 02:11:50 pm »

Can you go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives and check that you have version 9.0.109. If so, when does it go negative? Right away or in the middle of the sync? Are you doing file conversion?
I too am still getting the negative time remaining.  The time at the start of the sync is zero and then decreases.  I am converting from .ape to .mp3 VBR.  I have Portable Drives version 9.0.109.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 02:25:50 pm »

As reported on a recent beta, I have again had an occurrence of the program freezing at the end of encoding a track during file conversion.

Some 340 tracks had been succesfully converted and synched to my iPod in this session.  On the track in question, the encoding progress bar was full and the program would not respond.  I abandoned it with Task Manager.  On restarting the program and restarting sync, the problem track was again processed and the following error message was displayed:

"Failed to update the following files:"

[path and .mp3 file name in temp folder]

"This can happen when files are missing, in use, read-only, or corrupt."

On previous occasions, a bad file would be created on the iPod at the next sync, but this time I cancelled the conversion and cleared the temp folder.  The next time the file was converted and synched successfully.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

ZRocker

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 04:13:26 pm »

Bug:
1. In WIndowed-mode video playback, Ctrl-Right Arrow shortcut does not work (to fast forward).  I presume no shortcut keys work in windowed-mode...works in full-screen mode, thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up