INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.99 beta available  (Read 5074 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.99 beta available
« on: March 25, 2004, 04:04:09 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10099.exe

10.0.99 (3/25/04)

1. Fixed: Holding the right or left button for a long time in the file menu could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Horizontal scrolling in lists by clicking the arrow button on the scrollbar is faster.
3. Fixed: Right-click drag on the playback display's menu could bring up a second menu in some cases.
4. Fixed: MC would crash in Windows Media Manager if Cancel button was pressed during back up or restore of the licenses.
5. NEW: In Windows Media Manager, MC now shows progress message while executing a license operation.
6. Fixed: For WMA files, MC was writing Access control into it's own field instead of WMA predefined field.
7. Fixed: Roll (left to right) and Roll (right to left) image transitions were switched around.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Media Center 10.0.99 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 04:13:06 pm »

What's the gospel song called "99 1/2 Just Won't Do"?

Build 100 tomorrow.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 04:24:30 pm »

Also a big record for Wilson Pickett.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 04:25:39 pm »

"99 1/2 Just Won't Do"
Jesus Will Never Say No
The Williams Brothers
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 04:43:52 pm »

When you link or remove the cover art and MC updates: After the update it say's can not update the files du to .........  Now that's weird in itself but, the files have been updated... I remeber this was a problem in the past...

Well Whatever it was, it's fixed now...

Also when you are updating files and the Now updating box shows up, sometimes it's a small nice little box and sometimes it's full screen... What's up?

Any word on this?

Well I finally used the cd maker function. It is VERY easy to use...

There is a small problem though, I can see the status line go up, but the burning now track, doesn't change??

Please post your system info. Are you burning a data or audio mode CD? How many tracks? Does it show the first track for the entire burn process?

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

Ok John, Here we go...

Sys Info:

Media Center Registered 10.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1769 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1571 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /  Drive E: PLEXTOR CD-R  PREMIUM    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:  chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R  PREMIUM    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  DVDR  PX-708A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Burning DataCd
550 Tracks

Some of the names would change, but the track count wouldn't, Sometimes the track # would change but the name won't, ie, Goes from 35 then a few seconds later it sumps to 40....

Posted from 10.0.98 thread.

-

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 04:54:09 pm »

imjustagamer,
Can you just copy and paste your bug list?  It will be easier to read, and if it's easier to read, there is a better chance it will get fixed.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 04:55:03 pm »

sirshambling and Kingsparta,
Thanks!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 05:12:20 pm »

Build 100 tomorrow.

10.0.100 or 10.1.00?

I thought you were going to release final tomorrow?
pretend this is something funny

Sauzee

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 05:19:32 pm »

When ripping a CD...

Show List>Options>Change encoder>Save Options... MC crashes.

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »

Bugs:
1. AW refreshes after some operations (not sure all of them...but, happens with Handheld uploads) causes reset to 'old' setting of vertical divider setting position (between Org Tree/AW and Content window).  At some point early on in Handheld queue and upload testing, I drug/dragged (?) the divider bar to the right to see more of the Org Tree nodes.  Then, I resized the divider bar left and built an upload queue.  Sometime the refresh after drag-n-drop would cause the divider bar to return to the prior (more right setting).  Executing the Transfer always caused the reset (to more right setting).  Had to exit MC and restart to stop this condition...nothing I tried would fix it.

Update:
Nevermind...the new (and silly) "Auto size tree width" option defaults to enabled (not very nice) and kept screwing the AW width up (argh...wow, I can't belief your new QA group didn't catch that unfriendly option...should default to off because it is quite frustrating).  Also, seems like the Auto column sizing option got auto-enabled during the upgrade as well...because it was turned on too and driving me nuts...I never enabled it and have never used it either.

2. After a drag-n-drop to a directory on a Handheld disk (for transter), MC refreshes the right window (content) and you lose you position.  I was in My Computer (on a disk's directory) and MC keep putting me on Media Library after the drag-n-drop (argh).  I was in a view scheme under Media Library (Atrists with a specific album selected of right-most pane) and MC kept resetting the album to "all(9)" (argh again).

3. The Handheld progress bar still gets confused on multiple (separate) uploads...usually starting at 100% on the second thru last upload sessions.  Test this a fews times by queing a single file to upload, transfer it, queue another file, transfer it, and so on...soon in that process you will get the screwy progress bar (always at 100%...at the start of each transfer).  I've reported this before and never seen it 'Fixed'...reporting again.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 07:36:03 pm »

Build 100 tomorrow.

10.0.100 or 10.1.00?

I thought you were going to release final tomorrow?

Tried to tell you before... but maybe you missed it. If they called it 10.1.00, it would mean they released version 10.1  which is not what they are releasing....they are releasing 10.0.... hence the 10.0.100.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 08:33:05 pm »

CTRL-A doesn't select all files anymore. Using the Edit menu item to select all files works fine.  >:(

olyar15

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 08:46:27 pm »

When trying to rip a CD:
Clicking on "rip Cd" in the action window, then clicking on options, then clicking on the OK button causes MC to crash with a "Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.
----------------
Charles

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 08:54:45 pm »

hello there, i've posted this previously, at the first 10.0.x releases, and i've not downloaded an update until now.

See... in the search box whenever one types tab, it still keeps on showing a square box instead of changing focus to the next control in the interface.

I don't know how this is important for everybody as for me since i'm using a remote keyboard and changing the focus to the list is a big key in making my script for the HotKeyz app work after a search.

Would you please "fix" this?.

Thanks a lot

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 10:43:42 pm »

When I have my iRiver iFP-380T flash player connected, and I try to click on it under Drives and Devices, I get a Media Core crash. The same thing happens when I right-click on a playlist and try to Send To the device. Also happens when trying to transfer using the AW. WMDM support is turned on.

By the way, an idea I had was to add a toolbar button that allowed you to toggle WMDM support on and off. I have an iPod and the iRiver flash player, and the WMDM support needs to be on for one and off for the other. The button would make this switching easier.

Media Center Registered 10.0.99 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2252 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 287 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8160B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2004, 10:54:28 pm »

MC won't copy photos to a Compact Flash card, despite giving every indication that the files will be copied.

Here are some specifics, mentioned is previous thread on handheld support: I have a 128MB CF card which is inserted into a card reader attached to my PC. It is a multicard reader so four drives show up in explorer. But only the drive with a card in it shows up in MC (at least when Enable Support for WMDM Devices is UNchecked-- when it's checked all four drives show up).

I can copy music files to the CF card just fine-- either by dragging them to the Handheld Player window or to Drive N under Drives and Devices in the main tree. Under both methods, dragging files adds them to a list, which I can transfer by hitting the Transfer button.

I have tried using the same procedure to transfer photos as well. Everything works until I hit the Transfer button. It asks me if I want to tranfer 3 files; I click yes. The queue of files is cleared, but nothing is transferred and no explanation is given.

Therefore several comments/bugs:

1. I understand that per SteveG's reply in a different thread that MC does not support transferring files other than audio files. If it is not supported, MC should say so and not let me queue files to be transfered.

2. This means that copying non-audio files in the drives and devices tree isn't allowed either-- which is extremely strange behavior.

3. Inconsistent behavior: Drives without card media inserted only show up when Enable Support for WMDM Devices is checked.

4. SteveG indicated that support for this would be revisted this week. I strongly urge you to support these types of transfers. I use them for moving photos to a CF card to take to a drug store to print, but as multimedia players become more prevalent, I'm sure people will want to transfer multiple types of media to them.

I understand that this is not a showstopper, but it IS a bug. If you want this thread limited to showstoppers, let me know and I'll raise this again after release.

Sauzee

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2004, 12:31:22 am »

Right click in browser mode is flaky/broken again

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
HELP - purlease...
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 01:24:28 am »

i changed the audio options from stereo to jrss 2.0(tm) 4 channels and the programe crashed. now everytime i open it it immediately crashes (within 1 second).

i have files in playing now and it seems to occur just after the dfx plugin loads as the file is about to be played.

running build .99

help help help

pip

ps. i rebooted, reinstalled, cried, kicked pc - nothing.

IanG

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 05:46:55 am »

I'm having problems updating db fields  -
1/ I add data to a field, close MC and there's no data when I open it again!  
2/ Fields with a "Large Value" data type don't edit in a pop-up window.
3/ Creating custom fields with predefined values, the values aren't displayed when the field is updated.

#1's Intermittent!!  It was rock solid when I was just using the "Drives and Devices" view.  When I tried duplicating the problem via the "Media Library" view it started working, and it's now ok in D&D as well!!

Ian G.

SteveG

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2004, 11:59:47 am »

DWAnderson,

Video file support is in tonight's build.

crowfan,

What drivers/software have you installed for the iRiver? I installed the drivers that came with it and it is not recognized as a WMDM device by MC or any other application.

ZRocker,

Progress is fixed. I cannot duplicate the drag and drop issue.

Steve

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 12:44:18 pm »

SteveG,

Try this:

1. Start MC with no Handheld "Drop Files Here" AW window showing
2. Locate the handheld disk drive under Drives & Devices
3. Drag a file from Playing Now or My Computer to an existing folder on the handheld disk drive (CF card)
4. At this point, AW windows refreshes (to show Handheld drive) and Media Library is selected (when Playing Now was selected) and you lose where you were
5. That's just one way I've seen to recreate this problem

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 01:20:40 pm »

"Control + Shift + I" doesn't switch the view to details mode. All the other view mode keyboard shortcuts work fine. This also happend with 10.0.98

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 02:12:59 pm »

Steve,

Mine was never recognized until yesterday. I downloaded the newest firmware and the newest version of the iRiver Manager software. They can both be found here.

Interestingly, I went looking for updated drivers because someone in one of the build threads (recent, probably 95 or later) mentioned that they were using their 390 with MC. I updated the firmware and all of a sudden, with WMDM support turned on, the iRiver showed up in the tree. But when I tried to do anything with it, I got the Media Core error.

iRiver says on their website that you can now load protected files onto the flash players with the new firmware (which you couldn't do before), but you have to do it through WMP.

There was nothing on the player when I tried this. Its firmware had just been updated.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

RemyJ

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2004, 03:23:27 pm »

2 small action window statistics bugs...

If you right click in a statistics page and select one of the copy menu items, the list resets to the top requiring you to scroll down to get back where you were.

If you show statistics on a small list say 2 items, then select something larger in the tree, the AW doesn't resize to accomodate the larger list.   You have to close and reopen the stats page.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up