INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.103 beta available  (Read 6414 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.103 beta available
« on: March 31, 2004, 03:44:45 pm »

MC 10.0 is in late beta.  It may still have minor problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.

If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.[/b]

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100103.exe

MC 10.0.103 (3/31/04)

1. Fixed: Media Editor could wrongly report "Failed to decode file" for some files.
2. Fixed: 'Show Queued files only' for portables did not function in all cases.
3. Fixed: MC would crash after downloading MP3 plug-in from Media Server.
4. Fixed: When no CD writers exist on system, options dialog did not disable all checkboxes, buttons, etc.
5. Fixed: Updated help links in CD Labeler.
6. Changed: Non WMDM removable drive portables will transfer to default root directory for files not dropped on a specific tree item.
7. Fixed: Some links to the help file did not work.
8. Changed: Icons under root Portable icon will be folders instead of Portable icon.
9. Fixed: In some cases, on some systems, art inside of MC would show up with noise in their alpha regions.
10. Fixed: Some TV components would fail to register on certain systems.
11. Changed: "Crop Edges" TV option is OFF by default.
12. Fixed: Internal cover art was not getting transferred when using the file conversion tool.
13. Changed: Updated help file for Media Server and Media Editor.
14. Changed: Help commands are linked to the new html files.
15. Fixed: F1 key would not work.
16. Fixed: Media Center could wrongly assign imported files to .wmv / video type when importing from a playlist.
17. Fixed: Media Server would allow another instances to be started if it was currently sharing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re:Media Center 10.0.103 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 04:03:09 pm »

Still get "Failed to create MJTSWriterFilter" when I click the Pause button while viewing TV...is this right?  Or, are the TV components still not registering on my WinXP Pro system (logged on as an Administrator)?

Update:
I ran regsvr32 manually for mjtsfilereader/writer.ax and now it all works (I think...no more errors).  Will play with recording/time-shifting now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 04:04:40 pm »

Still get "Failed to create MJTSWriterFilter" when I click the Pause button while viewing TV...is this right?  Or, are the TV components still on registerings on my WinXP Pro system (logged on as an Administrator)?

Maybe give MJTSWriterFilter.ax to this guy: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

MSVCR71.dll should be right next to the filter.

Let us know what it isn't finding.  Thanks Z.

pank2002

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 04:08:10 pm »

in file location;
 When I try to set the temp path to \.just ripped MC changes it to \just ripped. I want it to be \.Just ripped so it the topmost folder.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 04:09:42 pm »

in file location;
 When I try to set the temp path to \.just ripped MC changes it to \just ripped. I want it to be \.Just ripped so it the topmost folder.

You have to set it to an exact folder.  Dots and relative paths aren't supported.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 04:46:41 pm »

1. Fixed: Media Editor could wrongly report "Failed to decode file" for some files.

#1 on the list.

Thanks Matt, works great.
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 05:00:49 pm »

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 05:09:58 pm »

1. MC is still reading this audio stream as WMV :
     http://www.di.fm/wma/vocaltrance.asx

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 05:13:12 pm »

Scroll wheel still does not work in the tree view. I really miss this feature.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 05:29:39 pm »

in file location;

Why not prepend a "0" (zero) to the name, I use numbers in front of folders all the time in windows to make sure certain folders appear at the top of the list in Explorer.

Would this work in MC?
Cheers
Rob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 07:57:21 pm »

Zrocker's TV post and Yaobing's reply are moved to a new thread called "TV".

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 07:58:23 pm »

It's working.  Try re-installing your mouse software.  Start a new thread if you need to.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 07:58:47 pm »

Maybe, it's just me, but I'm finding it very difficult to determine when the checkboxes in the Thunderstorm skin are enabled.  Apart from this minor cosmetic issue, this has become my favorite skin, with "add color" skin effects applied.

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 08:11:31 pm »

I agree on ThunderStorm check boxes.  The "glare" on the boxes could be turned down a bit to make the "check" more visible.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 08:23:17 pm »

It's working.  Try re-installing your mouse software.  Start a new thread if you need to.

You're right JimH! It works like a champ after reinstalling the mouse drivers. Thanks a ton!!!!

However, I've found another issue and I'm not sure it's been mentioned yet. When I right-click on a folder, Send To -> Drives & Devices -> CD or DVD Burner, it will work properly on the first group of files that I do that procedure to. If I do it again on another group of files, the action window flashes as if it's been updated, but it hasn't. If I click the "Show List" link, I see the first group of files that I have performed the procedure on. I have to "Drag-n-Drop" different batches of files to the AW to get it to add them.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 08:48:29 pm »

You're right JimH! It works like a champ after reinstalling the mouse drivers. Thanks a ton!!!!

However, I've found another issue and I'm not sure it's been mentioned yet. When I right-click on a folder, Send To -> Drives & Devices -> CD or DVD Burner, it will work properly on the first group of files that I do that procedure to. If I do it again on another group of files, the action window flashes as if it's been updated, but it hasn't. If I click the "Show List" link, I see the first group of files that I have performed the procedure on. I have to "Drag-n-Drop" different batches of files to the AW to get it to add them.

AAAAHHH!

I see this exact same behaviour in my Nomad plugin as well. I have posted about it in the Nomad 3 Plugin thread...Right-click / Send-to / Nomad Jukebox makes AW flash, but no files to be queued. Drag and drop works as per normal.
Cheers
Rob

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 10:05:40 pm »

It seem to have a problem to playing midi files. The files are ok cause they play with another player...

French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 10:12:31 pm »

Maybe, it's just me, but I'm finding it very difficult to determine when the checkboxes in the Thunderstorm skin are enabled.  Apart from this minor cosmetic issue, this has become my favorite skin, with "add color" skin effects applied.

This is exactly what I posted back when this skin first came out.  My suggestions were to either make the box a single tone, or to make the check a color OTHER than one of the ones used for the box -- the point in either case is to make the check more obvious against the background.

As it is, it's not as "immediately apparent" whether a box is checked or not.  It's not that you can't tell when you look at it, is just that you have to work a little harder to see the checks.  This goes against the idea that you should be able to quickly scan a page and easily see exaclty where the checks are.

Larry

Shelly

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 10:29:48 pm »

This is exactly what I posted back when this skin first came out.  My suggestions were to either make the box a single tone, or to make the check a color OTHER than one of the ones used for the box -- the point in either case is to make the check more obvious against the background.

As it is, it's not as "immediately apparent" whether a box is checked or not.  It's not that you can't tell when you look at it, is just that you have to work a little harder to see the checks.  This goes against the idea that you should be able to quickly scan a page and easily see exaclty where the checks are.

Larry

That's exactly what I was trying to say!

Shelly

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 10:43:13 pm »

An auto smartlist that I was finding very useful was deleted with this build.  It included files that were recently tagged - I don't remember the exact name.  I realize I can build it, but I liked having it as a default smartlist.

maxl311

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 11:01:32 pm »

I just installed MC 10.0.103 and it is still showing many Windows Media audio streams (ASX and mms) as having a file type of WMV in MC. None of these will stream to the TiVo HMO.
Every technology really needs to be shipped with a special manual -- not how to use it but why, when, and for what.

jt

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 11:05:50 pm »

If I play a song, then go to the "Artist Info" screen where it goes to the AMG webpage, the page comes up just fine, but if I click on ANY hyperlink within this page, the MC startusbar shows "Opening page..." and never actually opens the next page. This has been there for quite a few versions now.

If I open the AMG website manually in Internet Explorer, everything works fine from there.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 07:29:27 am »

Right-Clicking on a folder in a handheld and choosing "Play" plays only what is currently in the "Playing Now" playlist. The files on the handheld do not get queued for playback.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 09:09:50 am »

Didn't see this on the fixed list so I'll repeat the comment from builds 100 and 102:

Now that transfers of images and video to handhelds are supported the Action Window in the Images and Video Media Modes should have a Handheld Player icon as well.

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 09:39:57 am »

We (or is it just me?) still have some basic problems with v10.+

I pulled one hard-drive from my system and it had over 3000 mp3's on it (drive is bad & will be replaced). These mp3's were still in Media Center's database so I was able to print this list out.

To my surprise there seems to be logic error in the print routine. The first page printed 62 mp3's titles (Name - Arties) but every proceeding page printed one less line.....until page 62 which had one line of info. Continuing with page 63 there were only 'headers' printed and no mp3 information. I stop the printing manually after 75 pages were printed.

I did a normal shutdown of the computer, restarted and tried again; with the very same results.

Long printing jobs with Microsoft Word or Excel has not show any such problems.

Stephen

(I'm using Windows XP Pro with 1gb of memory and an AMD 3000+ CPU. The printers (three) I use are the HP 990cxi's)

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 10:05:55 am »

I auto-hide my windows taskbar.

When I first use the media-center software with default skin...if I open it up to 'full screen', it will no longer let me get to the windows taskbar. I also have the 'keep the taskbar on top' checked in the windows properties.

Only if I 'play around' with the setting on both windows and the Media-Center software can I get it to let me use the windows taskbar in Media-Center's full screen mode.

Of course anything less than full screen there is no problem, but it's very madding to have to play around to get it to work properly.

Stephen

(I'm using Windows XP Pro with 1gb of memory and an AMD 3000+ CPU.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up