INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues  (Read 66788 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2004, 10:21:07 am »

J,

In MC10 we reworked all of the player synchronization features to make them consistent for all players. In the current implementation, the changeable selection of the 'Artist' field has been removed as has editing the tag info and playlist editing. The way to do this now would be to use the synchronization tool, and make whatever changes you want to your MC playlists and then allow the synchronization to automatically recreate your playlists with the correct files and tag info for you.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2004, 01:20:28 pm »

Is there a way to keep MC from removing playlists I create via the Zen?

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2004, 10:09:56 am »

Brian,

Not at this time.

Steve

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2004, 01:03:44 pm »

J,

In MC10 we reworked all of the player synchronization features to make them consistent for all players. In the current implementation, the changeable selection of the 'Artist' field has been removed as has editing the tag info and playlist editing. The way to do this now would be to use the synchronization tool, and make whatever changes you want to your MC playlists and then allow the synchronization to automatically recreate your playlists with the correct files and tag info for you.

Steve

Steve,

Following your suggestion, I tried to use the synchronization tool inconjuntion with playlists, but could not figure out how I would change it such that I could use (Multiple Artists) for the Nomad Artist field without changing the "real" tag of the files in the playlist.  I have many compilation CDs that now show up on the Nomad with each individual artist listed, which makes scrolling through on the Nomad very tedious.  Also, I was really surprised after trying it out that all of my existing playlists on the Nomad were wiped out.  I didn't realize that was going to happen at all.   Also, what does the "Sync data to MC" checkbox do?

-J

SteveG

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2004, 03:19:35 pm »

J,

When transferring to Nomad, MC will assign whatever is in the 'Artist' field to the 'Artist' field on Nomad. You could assign 'Multiple Artist' where appropriate to your 'Artist' field in MC, but that breaks more for you than it fixes. In the future this will be improved.

If you check 'Send Playlist Data' in the synchronization dialogue, the playlists on Nomad will be deleted and recreated with the selected playlists in MC. If you deselect this, the playlists on Nomad will not be wiped out and the files in the MC playlists will be sent to Nomad, but the playlists themseleves will not be automatically created.

'Sync Data to MC' sends rating and last played information from players to MC for players that support those fields (Nomad does not).

Steve

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2004, 06:08:42 pm »

bebop, Thank's again I think You have helped Me make My mind up ;D
bebop .I went and did it , I bought the 40 zen xtra and so far it is the cat's meyow ;D thanks again ;D

bebop

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2004, 06:34:10 pm »

Grey, glad you are enjoying your Zen!  Did you get the car adapter as well?  I never listen to anything but my Zen on the road.   ;D  Bet

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2004, 08:20:15 pm »

I had a FM transmiter by belkin for my old rio s35s , but it does not work that great I think I will shop around to see what is on the market here. bebop I have a qustion for You , do You ever use the program that came with your zen?

bebop

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2004, 09:53:58 pm »

Grey, used it until I discovered MC, since then it's been MC all the way.  Found that I  couldn't get a better version of the Creative Media Center that came with my Zen, and had to manually  create each of  the folders when I ripped stuff which was really, really annoying 'cause I didn't notice this the first couple of times and had to search my drives for the files when i was putting together a slideshow of my daughters wedding.    ;D  Bet

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2004, 06:19:06 pm »

I 'm having trouble getting MC to transfer files to My zen . mc crashes even if it is only one file  MC also takes for ever to open the transfer window . the soft ware that came with it works flawlessly but I would rather use MC  ?                                                                            IF YOUR PLAYER DOESN'T WORK -- Try our WMDM support    already did this and it still not working ?

bebop

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2004, 11:23:31 pm »

Grey, had this problem myself, a few versions ago  the wmdm just locked my system up good and tight ...am now using .134 and the latest zen plug in 9.0.49.  Had to reset my Zen once or twice, but from then on was smooth sailing.  Here's how I got it to work:  opened mc, made sure that I had the latest plugin installed, then did a reset on the Zen (you know, where you have to push the paperclip end into the little almost invisible slot) and did a shutdown on it after it rebooted. I ten connected the Zen (mine's usb) .This automatically turned on the zen and then i checked drives & divices and checked Nomad Zen.  It then initialized (you should get a pop up saying initializing, please wait).  Then I was ready to sync the whole kit and kaboodle.  Be sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your zen.  There was a patch for the nomad detector, which was what was originally giving me problems.  This is as technical as I ever get, so let me know if you get it working.     :)  Bet

8styx8

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2004, 08:51:15 am »

cascius,

For MC to see the Nomad, you will either need to get the plugin for MC 10 or enable WMDM support by going to Tools->Options->Devices and checking the box for 'Enable WMDM support'.

jimpmc and 8styx8,

I made modifications today that will hopefully resolve your issues. Please get Nomad Plugin 9.0.48 and MC 10.0.131. In regards to upload speed, nothing has changed for this for a long time. Please rule out hardware as an issue, by testing the speed of transfer with another application and see if it is similar.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveG, Sry for the long reply

I did test using CretiveMediaSOurce. Speed good. Today tested 3 diffrent plugin .38, .49 and .4something. All culled from the forum.

Again Speed was like USB1.1 not 1394

SteveG

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2004, 09:24:52 am »

Do you get the same result if you enable WMDM support and transfer files to your Nomad?

Steve

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2004, 05:35:49 pm »

I'm still having major problems with MC . If My nomad is conected to My computer MC is unusable no of the controls work at all it just freezes up . this is very anoying to say the least. what makes it more anoying is that creative media soures works so well ?

bebop

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2004, 10:16:36 pm »

Grey, what  version are you using?  I guess that you have the latest plugin and that you have unchecked the WMDM.  That was giving me big problems when I tried using it.  After unchecking the WMDM, I rebooted my system, installed the 9.0.49 plugin, and it worked.  I found that 10.140 took a bit longer to initialize, and at first it gave me msg that the Zen was unplugged, but I kept trying and it finally saw it and all has been well since then.  10.133 and 10.134 gave me the least amount of problems, and saw the Zen right away.  Hope you get yours up and running soon.   Bet  ps Ialso  unloaded the Creative Media Center (just that - and not the drivers or the creative disc detector) - it seemed to be giving me some conflicts as it would always attempt to load first and freeze up MC.

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2004, 11:17:57 am »

bebop, I'm confused  ? it says on the forum to make sure you have the box for wmdm suport checked so that is what I did . so I guess I will try it this way now I will let You know

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2004, 11:39:35 am »

bebop it sorta works  ? I can transfer a few songs and then just when I think it's gona work it take's lunch or somthing  , it did transfer a few things with no problem and I liked how it worked  but  ? I think I'm missing somthing  ( as I scratch My head)  

SteveG

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2004, 03:46:41 pm »

Graydog,

This has the feel of a driver problem to it. I am working with Creative to try to find a way to minimize driver issues, but in the meantime.....

You appear to have had problems transferring files when you had WMDM support enabled. If this continues to be correct, try connecting with Windows Media Player and see if you have the same problems. If you do, then we have a driver incompatibility and should trouble shoot this from that angle.

Steve

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2004, 03:50:52 pm »

Hey , Steve thank's for the reply I ve tried the program that came with it and no problems and I also tried Musicmatch and had no problems at all I will give wmp a try and see what happens

bebop

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2004, 01:33:15 am »

:(  Grey, hope you get this solved.  Sorry that I can't be of any more help.  Steve is a great problem solver, though.  He helped me get things sorted out a while back.  Bet

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2004, 10:06:04 am »

Thanks bebop You have been alot of help  ;D  Well I tried wmp and it gave me nothing but problems  it just froze up and would not transfer anything . I just can't understand why Musicmatch jukebox 8.2 work's so well and Media Center does not. I can uderstand why Creative media sourse does  it's the program that came with it but Musicmatch?

SteveG

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2004, 10:34:08 am »

Graydog,

WMP and MC with WMDM support enabled are written to be compatible with standard WMDM support from Windows. The fact that we both don't work makes it more likely than not that whatever driver you have installed for the player is incompatible with WMDM support and perhaps with the support that we have included in our plugin. You could try removing all drivers and Creative software and then get the latest drivers from Creative to try to get this to work. In the meantime I am awaiting a response from Creative to try to get a definitive way to determine if the correct drivers are installed. They have informed me they will get this done.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2004, 03:30:16 pm »

Hey Steve,
When I go to my Zen through MC10 and create a play list,  tracks appear to be placed on the play list in reverse order.

Brian

SteveG

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2004, 11:32:12 am »

Brian,

Could you clarify what you are seeing? How are you placing the tracks on the playlist? Are you right clicking on the files from within MC and selecting 'Add to playlist'?

Thanks,

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2004, 01:14:51 pm »

Hey Steve,

Just a moment ago I changed my view to my Zen which brought up its track list.  I sorted the tracks so that I would see them in album/track order.  I selected all the songs from a Love and Rockets Express album showing in order from track 1 to 11.  I right clicked the first track and selected save to playlist.  For playlist I typed LAR (which did not exist).  MC created the playlist but the tracks list in order from 11 to 1.  Seq shows 0 to 10.  Does that help?

Brian

SteveG

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2004, 10:11:24 am »

Brian,

Thanks. This is fixed in the next MC build.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2004, 04:37:46 pm »

Everyone,

MC 9.0.144 and higher will require Nomad Jukebox plugin 9.0.50. Both feature the rewrite of the upload progress into the Action Window.

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2004, 10:19:12 pm »

SteveG
I have a nomad zen xtr and want to be able to play music based on year and peak position that year.  
As an example:
All 01 hits in 1960
I currently have
"Top 40" in Genre
"01" in Comment 1
"1960" in year.
this is not a problem in Media Center, but some of the fields are not supported in Nomad so
I want to combine the year comment1 and genre field into the genre field and have
"Top 40-1960-01"
Then I would be able to get that granularity in Nomad.
BUT
This does limit my ability to look at this info in other ways......
what about country charts and those that charted both in top 40 and country......
I am just looking for ideas...
how would i combine fields in Media Center.  as the example above states?

Thanks for all your great support.  What a wonderful product.  It appears to be working with my Nomad.

FlyGuyTX

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2004, 10:52:23 am »

I have what may seem like a stupid question.  I have been able to successfully create a queue of songs and transfer them to the Nomad using MC.  However,  I have seen several references to "synchronizing" Media Center and Nomad.   Other than one setting called "auto-sync" under Options, Devices, Handheld; I cannot figure out how to sync.  

I am running MC 10.0.130, Nomad Jukebox plug-in 9.0.32 just updated to 9.0.50, with a Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30MB.

Thanks,
Michael

SteveG

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2004, 10:56:59 am »

Michael,

You have a very old version of the Plugin. Try getting MC 10.0.144 and Nomad Plugin 9.0.50. When you do, right click on your Nomad Jukebox in the MC tree and select the option for 'Synchronization'.

Steve

FlyGuyTX

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2004, 11:08:28 am »

Steve:

Thank youy for the amazingly quick response!  I had updated the plug-in after posting (sorry).  I was able to find MC 10.0.139, but not 10.0.144.  

Michael

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2004, 11:23:08 am »

The latest build of MC is always in a thread near the top of this board.

bebop

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2004, 04:48:22 pm »

:(  help...am having a strange problem with the zen.  Using latest build and plugin.  When in zen view, click on albums - get a crash and a msg that media core encounterd a problem and had to close.  Ok, tried again...clicked on artists - same crash and msg.  Tried again - clicked on genre's - worked, clicked on playlists. worked.   hummmmm - curiouser and curiouser.  Tried a fresh boot for the computer.  Still had the same problem.  Any ideas as to how to fix this?  Bet

Media Center Registered 10.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2486 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 765 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: ATAPI   DVD DUAL 8X4X12   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: SONY    CD-RW  CRX230E    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2004, 05:17:31 pm »

bebop,

If you can repeat the crash every time you expand albums, there may be a problem with an album you recently imported. Nothing has changed recently in this code. Try to isolate some new albums and remove them from the Zen and see if the problem goes away. If it does, we can troubleshoot this by seeing what is going on with that particular album.

Steve

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2004, 05:20:48 pm »

bebop,  sounds strange forsure . playlist and genre work fine but artist and albums do not . did You try going back to 10.0.144?

bebop

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2004, 09:05:52 pm »

ok tried it again, and this time just the artists view made it  crash.  checked the view and lo and behold there was a weird file name - instead of unknown, it now read (can't find the symbol on my keyboard...looks like a box)  box boxunknown.  when I tried to open this file, it crashed Mc. So opened MC again and tried again - this time the weird file was boxonny Mathis.  could this be a virus or something?  Can I get my virus scanner to check my zen ?    Bet

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2004, 09:57:46 pm »

This sounds like a drive that is going bad.

bebop

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2004, 10:52:13 am »

Jim, how do I check for a bad drive?  I reformatted the zen ('cause I couldn't get the virus scanner to check it, so thought that might do the trick).  Replaced all the files and it still did the same thing.  This time it was another folder with the  weird symbols - a Y with dots above and a box thing.  Ran a virus scan on the computer first, and nothing showed up, but will do it over again.  I noticed that the cup seems to be running a bit warmer than usual, could this be causing the problem?   Thanks for all the help.  Bet

bebop

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2004, 10:22:08 pm »

now I am really confused!  Did a virus scan, did an uninstall, re-install, even tried an uninstall and re-install with an earlier version.  That strange file is still there.  I removed all the newest files from the zen and MC, did a sync and sure enough, there it was again.  this file does not occur on the zen...i checked them all out with explorer and WMP.  They all show up fine there and I can click on each folder and it opens correctly.  But when I go to MC, open Artists and scroll down to the bottom, there it is - a file that is sometimes listed as y(with little dots above it) box onny rogers, or box box onny Rogers. This file does not show up if I do a search using the albums rule nor does it show up on the Zen itself and it crashes if I try to open or delete it.  Any idea how I can get rid of this thing?  Any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks in advance helping solve this conundrum.  Bet

SteveG

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2004, 10:16:50 am »

Bet,

I have seen a similar problem when there was a corrupt file on Nomad Jukebox.  I created code to handle this, but yours may be corrupted in a way that I am not handling. I will drop you an email on this.

Steve

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2004, 09:35:39 am »

hi guys!

sorry for the double posting...(i put one in the general folder by mistake) . everybody keeps talking about the Nomad Plugin etc...but it dosent say anything anywhere how to get the new version (the one in the main dl area is version 9.0.38)..i find it very confusing for new users and new zen owners, can someone guide me to where to dl it...and for future people can it be explained more clearly  :-[  :-[? thx alot

zeltak

SteveG

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2004, 10:17:52 am »

zeltak,

Here is the link....

http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

When you are at the handheld plugin page, you must select Media Center version 10.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2004, 11:52:06 am »

thx for the reply steveG, it really helped !  ;D

zeltak

SteveG

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2004, 03:25:19 pm »

There is a new plugin available for Nomad with a fix for some data corruption that could have occured for files with long (over 120 character) tag info. It will not be available from the plugin page for a week, but can be downloaded by clicking this link.....

http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/temp/hh_jukeboxzen.mjp

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2004, 06:37:42 pm »

Possibly some newbie questions......

1. How do I get Media Center to transfer a playlist to the Zen? I can Sync files, but I see no options for "send playlist" as I read earlier in the thread

2. Files that need conversion get uploaded on every sync, creating duplicates on the Zen. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

bebop

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2004, 09:55:40 pm »

Hey there, here's how I sync my playlists to my Zen:  I create the playlists in MC, then choose Nomad Jukebox in the left hand pane, choose sync files, choose which playlists I want from the list and check the box at the bottom to send playlist data.  Never having had to conver any files ( mine are all ripped MP3 VBR), I can only tell you how I check for duplicates and delete them.  I open the Nomad Jukebox from the left hand pane, go to the search box (Upper right of screen), choose add modifier, choose duplicates, and in the field I use [name],[artist] .  this brings up any duplicates and I then delete them.  Hope this helps.   B

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2004, 10:20:49 pm »

Thanks b

Your duplicate locator will help, but I must be either missing something, or V11 (Which I'm using) has a vastly different interface. When I click on the Nomad in the action window, I get 3 options: transfer files, sync playlist, and sync all files. None of them seem to transfer the playlist itself.

bebop

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2004, 11:29:34 pm »

Sorry that I couldn't help, am not familiar with ver. 11 (not brave enough to try an Alpha), but do recall reading that all the plugins might not work yet.  Perhaps Steve G. will be able to give you some insight to this.  B

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2004, 07:57:46 am »

I have not had any luck with sync my zen to 11 but do sync all the time in 10, so he is probably right and the plugin may not work as yet.  Good Luck

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2004, 09:25:53 am »

Hi Gary

I guess I've had more luck than you, as most things are working. Just not the playlists! (and the converted files). I guess We'll have to let SteveG weigh in on this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up