INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues  (Read 66783 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« on: April 19, 2004, 03:16:15 pm »

Everyone,

Please post any issues regarding Nomad Jukebox or Zen here....

Thanks.

Steve

SteveG

Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:41:54 pm »

Is anyone still seeing the 'Initialize Nomad' on close issue?

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:30:01 pm »

What does the "Sync Data to MC" checkbox do in the Zen plugin?  Thanks.

Brian Palmer

bebop

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 08:42:01 pm »

Steve, this is the msg that I get if I use the disconnect Nomad option, but don't shut down the player or disconnect it before I close MC....

Ctmp3Lib:MediaJukebox.exe - Application error insturction "0x027c035c"at "0x02802db8" memory could not be "read".

This was happening before with the builds last month, but other than being annoying, it doesn't seem the hurt anything.
Everything else works like a charm!  couldn't believe all the little improvements while I was away.  Thanks for all the hard work.   B

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 07:53:40 am »

What does the "Sync Data to MC" checkbox do in the Zen plugin?  Thanks.

Brian Palmer

Edited: Wrong info.    :-[
-

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 08:53:30 am »

I am having terrible problems trying to sync my Zen Xtra 60GB to the latest build - see my entries over in the MC bug thread.  This is a new Zen, so I have never successfully sync'd it yet; but, admittedly I did try to Cancel some of the long sync's but MC has been unresponsive thus seemingly causing most of the problems.  What rates are you Zen guys getting via USB2?

I installed all the software that came with the Zen, then updated everything per the Creative website.  The Creative Nomad Explorer works fine.

Also, after installing the Zen and trying to sync, my Norton Internet Security Pro 2004 weirded out.  First a fatal error occurred with the NAV part and the messages said it needed to be reinstalled - so did that.  Then the NIS part gave similar error and ultimately needs to be reinstalled.  Everything had been running fine before installing the Zen.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 10:09:19 am »

**COPIED FROM MC THREAD**

[[After copying 1000 files plus some playlists to Creative Zen Xtra 60gb, then deleting the files but not the playlists, then tying to sync the same playlists - MC gives message saying there are duplicate files and if you want to continue.  [NOTE that all the files were deleted using MC and so it should not find any dupes.]  Answer YES and MC locks up, must kill it in Task Manager.****NOTE>>  I reinstalled MC and it still gives the same dupe message (which must be valid) but does not lockup now.]]

Also, need a way to delete multiple Playlists on handheld in one operation.  Had to delete each playlist on device manually using MC, but there are 4 that I tried to delete but they still show in MC but they do not exist on device.

Also, need a Handheld Options config tool where you can preset the ability to Skip, Replace, etc, tracks if they are already on the Handheld.  Otherwise, if you leave a long sync operation (ie, 5hrs) and it finds dupes the popup dialog keeps the sync from completing which is a BIG problem.

When syncing tracks to handheld the Cancel button does not stop the sync, in fact the entire MC window is unresponsive.

Since the Cancel button does not work when sync'ing to handheld had to End Task with Task Manager.  Now when trying to start MC get a dialog:

Server Busy:
The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program anc correct the problem

... but Switch To does nothing, neither does retry, they both just throw that same dialog back up.  Reboot does not help.  Cannot start MC at all.

UPDATE:  This is a HUGE problem for me.  I reinstalled which let me get back into MC again. But when trying to re-sync to the Zen Xtra the file copying was extremely slow, so I tried to press Cancel again which did not work again.  Had to right-click MC on the task bar and select Close, but when trying to restart MC I get the same message as above.  While you guys try to fix this, is there a lock file or something that can be removed to fix this so I can continue to work with MC?  

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 10:45:38 am »

bebop,

Can you try again with the next Nomad Plugin (9.0.45 later today)? If you see that message again, please let me clarify when you see it. Do you see it when you select 'Disconnect Nomad' or during the close of MC?

Thanks.

Brian,

'Sync data to MC' moves certain tag info from a Portable to MC. The fields it moves are rating, play count and date last played. Since none of these fields are supported by Nomad, this option will not do anything.

imjustagamer,

At some point I will expand the fuctionality to include what you mentioned.
Thanks.

Markeau,

Prior to the sync, the message regarding duplicates is telling you that you are about to send multiple files to Nomad which have the same Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number. It is best if you resolve this in MC either by creating smartlists/playlists which do not have duplicates, or by modifying these fields in MC so they are unique.

If you do this, your other problems should go away. To delete multiple playlists, do a sync and check only the playlists you want to sync. MC will delete all other playlists from Nomad for you.

The Skip, Replace, etc. option you request should also be unnecessary because duplicate files should never be sent in the first place.

The Cancel option unresponsiveness is fixed in today's Nomad Plugin build available later (v 9.0.45).

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 11:56:29 am »

Steve,
Thanks for the info on the 'Sync data to MC' checkbox.  That's what I thought after reading some documentation on the iPod sync.

Brian Palmer

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 11:59:28 am »

Steve,
Thanks for the info on the 'Sync data to MC' checkbox.  That's what I thought after reading some documentation on the iPod sync.

imjustagamer,
Where did you get your info... or were you just guessing?

Brian Palmer

Very sorry for misleading.... That's the way it worked on MediaSource (Creative's software) So I just assumed it would be the same...

Again very sorry..
-

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 12:02:04 pm »

No Biggie  ;D
Guess that came out a bit snooty.  Forgive me for being rude.

Brian Palmer

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 12:17:35 pm »

Steve, thanks for the clarification of the duplicates message when syncing (I had incorrectly thought that it was telling me that the file already existed on the Nomad).

However, when I open the smartlist "Task - possible duplicates" in MC10, it shows as duplicates files that have the same artist and track name, but which are on different albums and/or have different genres.   From what you said, the sync would not treat these as duplicates because of the different tag info -- am I correct?

If my understanding is right, then it would be nice to have a smartlist that displays the files that the sync would treat as duplicates so that we could fix them in MC before syncing as you suggested.

Thanks for listening.

Nolo

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 03:58:28 pm »

Nolo,

However, when I open the smartlist "Task - possible duplicates" in MC10, it shows as duplicates files that have the same artist and track name, but which are on different albums and/or have different genres.  From what you said, the sync would not treat these as duplicates because of the different tag info -- am I correct?

Yes.

MC shows you the files which are duplicates (in regards to portable transfers) when it warns you before the sync. If you would prefer to create a smartlist to check for duplicates the rule would be :

~dup=[Artist],[Name],[Album],[Track #],[Genre]

Steve

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 04:31:31 pm »

Steve - tres cool, thank you for the search def!

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
HELP!!! Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 05:44:20 pm »

I installed the latest build and new Zen plugin but I can't get MC to start, I get that same:

Server Busy:
The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program anc correct the problem

... but Switch To does nothing, neither does retry, they both just throw that same dialog back up.  Reboot does not help.  Cannot start MC at all.

HELP!!!

bebop

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 07:42:37 pm »

Steve, that did the trick!  Now, even if I choose the "Disconnect Nomad" option and forget to unplug the USB before I close MC...I no longer get the error msg!  The "please be sure Normad is connected and turned on" screen does show up,however,if I had not changed to another item in the tree before closing (which is to be expected, since I have the remember media mode checked as well as start in last location).  Thanks again for all the improvements.  B

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Re:HELP!!! Re:NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 09:16:10 pm »

I installed the latest build and new Zen plugin but I can't get MC to start, I get that same:

Server Busy:

HELP!!!

I was able to get MC to start by ending the CTPDESERV.EXE task, but when trying to sync the Server Busy dialog popped back up and looped on itself.  Ended the task again and the sync is running.  I bet it popsup again and causes the same problem ... Any ideas on why this is happening?

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Zen: Hang mid-way through sync
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 07:38:09 am »

After leaving a sync running on my Zen Xtra 60gb overnight, MC hung at file 2804 (of 4939 total).  The Cancel button did not work, but the X in the sync dialog did.  [NOTE that I do have the latest Zen plugin from 22Apr04 and latest MC build].  There were no messages or anything, and the Zen was responsive and workig fine.  

I won't be able to re-attempt the sync until later this evening.  

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2004, 09:53:45 am »

Markeau,

Have you installed the latest drivers from Creative's site for your player? (This could affect the server busy and transfer issues)

Once you have the latest drivers, if you still see the 'server busy' please clarify when you see it (i.e. on startup of MC, on clicking on Nomad Jukebox in the tree, after cancelling a sync).

In regards to the hang, any educated guesses as to what file 2804 was? If not, start the sync again and it should pick up where it left off and maybe we can isolate what file caused the hang. Are you doing bitrate conversions on the way to Nomad?

Steve

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2004, 10:00:07 am »

I updated everything to the latest as per the Creative support downloads site.  I also totally uninstalled and reinstalled the CT Zen apps/drivers.

Not doing bit conversion, just straight 320kbps xfer's from MC to Zen.  I don't think I can tell what file 2804 was.

I will try to resync when I get home today in about 7hrs from now ... and note when the server busy dialog happens.

THANKS for the quick response!!!

bseller

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004, 10:42:19 am »

I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen 20GB USB2.0 (have been using latest firmware/drivers from nomadworld.com). Starting with MC 10.0.118 or so, just about ANY action taken with the Jukebox causes MC to crash, even as basic an action as scrolling the list of songs. I can sometimes delete an album from the Zen, but it crashes after re-initializing the list of songs. I don't seem to be able to transfer any new music to it at this time. This began before I downloaded the new Zen 9.0.45 driver yesterday (was using .44 prior).

The Zen is close to capacity at 5169 files (98% 128 fixed mp3, the rest VBR mp3). Transfers still work fine using the Creative MediaSource software.

Interestingly, Media Center's bottom toolbar reports "Total Space: 17.7GB, Free: 172.6", while Creative MediaSource shows 19056 MB, 181 MB free. Thus Media Center seems to be underreporting both total & free space.

Finally... Even without transferring anything, the Zen's power seems to draw down very quickly when connected via the USB2.0 cable and Media Center on. I really don't know if this means anything.

Thanks!

Media Center Registered 10.0.120 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2792 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 204 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4241N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 11:51:00 am »

bseller,

The power loss and the scrolling crashing could be hardware related and maybe not even Nomad related. Can you use other applications to access Nomad without issues? You mention uploads work, how about scrolling, etc.

Once MC displays files and you scroll through them, there is no interaction between MC and Nomad directly. If there is a crash at this point there are other issues involved.

What happens when you try to transfer new music? Does it not transfer due to lack of space? Does MC alert you to this?

In regards to capacity, the difference is due to how we define a MB. Player manufacturers always try to optimize how this appears.

Steve

bseller

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2004, 01:09:58 pm »

Steve,

The only other apps I access the Jukebox with are the ones I downloaded from the Creative website -- MediaSource (player/organizer) and Creative File Manager 2, to use if storing non-music files on the player (which I don't do). I can use MediaSource to transfer to & from the player without problems.

OK, I have downloaded the Nomad Jukebox Zen plugin for RealPlayer 10 and am able to transfer to and from my Zen using it, too. (RealPlayer of course has its own problems (yuck), but crashing wasn't one of them.)

Using Creative MediaSource, I deleted all of the Beatles and Blur from the Zen (230 files/740.7 MB; chosen arbitrarily because I have a lot and wanted to experiment with M.C. performance with a Zen that's not quite as close to capacity). I was then able to transfer all of the Blur back to the player in Media Center by clicking on Handheld Player in the Action Window, selecting Blur from Artist/Album in the left plane, and dragging it to the Nomad Jukebox "Drop Files Here" and hitting transfer. That said, after all of the files transfered and M.C. requeried the list, it crashed again. I was able to delete the Blur from the Zen again, this time using Media Center. Again, it crashed after it was done deleting. I then deleted all my Built to Spill (51 files/222.6 MB). Again, crash upon requerying. It seems like any time I take an action in Media Center that queries the Zen, M.C. will crash pretty quickly thereafter.

Oh, forgot to answer a question or two. I am now re-uploading the Built to Spill to the player (this time click the Artist in the left pane, right click and select Send To-->Drives/Devices-->Nomad Jukebox. I'm noticing straightaway that the transfers seem slow for USB2.0... Perhaps 5s for a 4-minute 128kbps mp3, slower than the Creative MediaSource transfers and slower than I've noticed in Media Center before. I find it notable that it's not crashing during my uploads/downloads to Zen from Media Center!

If I try and transfer more than the available capacity on the player, I get the warning message which I must select before being able to proceed, then the "144 Cancel remaining transfers?" dialog box once capacity's exceeded.

To answer your other question: scrolling, selecting etc. don't cause Creative MediaSource or Real Player to crash or otherwise behave oddly.

I'll be happy to try more stuff if you think it'll help diagnose things!

bseller,

The power loss and the scrolling crashing could be hardware related and maybe not even Nomad related. Can you use other applications to access Nomad without issues? You mention uploads work, how about scrolling, etc.

Once MC displays files and you scroll through them, there is no interaction between MC and Nomad directly. If there is a crash at this point there are other issues involved.

What happens when you try to transfer new music? Does it not transfer due to lack of space? Does MC alert you to this?

In regards to capacity, the difference is due to how we define a MB. Player manufacturers always try to optimize how this appears.

Steve

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 03:20:34 pm »

Steve, I'm back.  Could you please tell me what MC matches up to determine whether a file in the transfer queue is a dupe?  Also, does MC only examine files in the transfer queue for dupeness or does it look at the Library in general (e.g., if MC has two dupe files in the library but only one is in the queue, will the one in the queue trigger the dupe "what to do" window).

Thanks,

Nolo

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2004, 02:23:08 pm »

Things seem to be working better afer reinstalling the CT drivers for the Zen Xtra.  But, there a few things that would make usability better:

1) After a track sync a "Transfer Complete" dialog appears and stops where you have to select "OK", then AFTER selecting OK the Playlists start sync'ing.  Need to cutout that dialog so the tracks AND playlists will sync all in one operation.

2) Need ability to PRESET the option to Skip, Replace, etc, any tracks that otherwise throw that dialog interrupting a sync.

3) Always get a Media Core crash when exiting MC.  Seems to only happen after some Nomad Jukebox operation, ie even just selecting that device in the MC tree and exiting MC.  

4) In the Nomad Jukebox view no tag info shows for the new columns added: Mood, Preference, Situation, Tempo (those tags aren't removed when copying tracks to the Jukebox are they? they should be part of the track's metadata)

bebop

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2004, 12:28:23 pm »

Steve..having trouble with getting playlists to sync properly.   Have created playlist in MC, connected zen, chose sync playlists and checked the ones I wanted to sync...everything seemed to proceed correctly..until I checked the playlists, that is.  Only a few files were listed ( only 4 of the 35 on my "dance" list) for example.  This is the only other playlist that I use, as the other is all tracks.  what am I doing wrong here?  I have the latest plug -in and versoin of MC. ?

SteveG

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 03:41:11 pm »

bseller,

Try deleting all the Beatles and Blur from the Zen. Then drag and drop one file back and see if MC refreshes without problems. If so, delete the file and see if the refresh works.

Please let me know the results and lets go from there. I think the problems you have are related to maxing out the space on Nomad.

Nolo,

MC uses the Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number fields to match files. MC only examines files in the queue.

Markeau,

1) The transfer complete is removed from synching in tonight's build.  

2) There should be no need to preset this because duplicates should never send if they have been resolved in MC. If you have a file that is being resent, please email it to me so I can resolve this.

3) This appears to be a bug in the Nomad SDK.  Cretive has been alerted to it. I am working on a work around for now.

4) Those tags aren't reported back from Creative's SDK and therefore are not shown.  

bebop,

Are you getting any warnings about 'Duplicate files' prior to the sync? If you look at all the files on your Nomad (via MC) do you see the other 31 files on Nomad which are missing from your playlist?

Steve

bebop

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004, 04:06:32 pm »

Steve, I see the duplicates msg box, and always check skip.  the files are physically on my zen, but not listed  in the playlist.  Another thing I noticed is that I can't re-organize  the items in a playlist  that I create on the Zen using MC(ie: move them into an order that I like...they seem to be locked into the order that I initially put them into the list - ie: alphabetically) I can, however, do this within MC.  And deleting an item on the playlist deletes it from the zen not just the playlist.

bebop

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2004, 10:21:42 am »

Steve, did a complete wipe of the zen and started over.   First I checked "sync all files"  and it told me that I would have a negative on the zen (ie:  over capacity by 17 gb).    Does this option sync everthing in MC and not just the audio?   So tried using the other option and checking all the appropriate  boxes - sync to MC, Sync Playlist.  This option worked fine.  It seemed much slower than the last time I did this (last month's build). This time the playlists contained the correct number of items in each one.    

SteveG

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2004, 12:31:47 pm »

bebop,

If you select 'Sync all files', this attempts to send the non audio as well. In regards to the slowness, I am not sure, nothing has really changed in regards to the transfer. Perhaps you can compare against another application to rule out hardware as the cause of the slowness.

In regards to the playlist order, the files should appear in Nomad playlists in the order they are listed in MC. Smartlists will be sent in whatever order the view is set to for that smartlist.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2004, 01:02:36 pm »

Everyone,

A fellow Nomad user was having difficulty transferring wma files while doing on the fly conversion to VBR wma. I have resolved this issue beginning with tonight's build of MC.

Also, some have been reporting crashes when closing MC after selecting the Nomad in MC. The problem appears to be Creative's issue and they are working on it. In the meantime I introduced a workaround for it that should resolve it and will be included in tonight's Nomad plugin (9.0.47)

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2004, 02:17:39 pm »

Hey Steve,
Thanks again for all your hard work.  It's much appreciated.

Brian Palmer

bebop

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2004, 12:06:24 am »

Steve, guess I should have been clearer re: playlist order...what I wanted to know is there a way to reorganize the tracks that are already in a playlist on the zen  without doing a sync?  For example...move track one to position track four.  I can do this to tracks in the Media Library Section of MC ( open playlist, move the tracks around by dragging them into position), but it doesn't seem to work in the Nomad section (expand Nomad, open playlist).  I can get it to sort via field  such as name, artist, but that's it.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong or is this not possible at this time?  thanks Bet

SteveG

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2004, 11:12:51 am »

bebop,

That is not possible at this time. You can rearrange in MC and then resync. The files won't resend and the playlist will be recreated the way you want.

Steve

bebop

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2004, 11:18:21 am »

Thanks Steve.  

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2004, 10:33:46 am »

bebop, I have been realy think about getting a zen ,with your ex. would You do it again? do the pro's out weigh the con's ? do You take it with You alot ? I'm sorry for somany ???? but I just want to make the right choice

bebop

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2004, 11:45:42 am »

Greydog, I love my Zen, and yup, would do it all again...and will be first in line if they ever get a 100 gig!!! The only drawback, as I see it, is that the battery is non-removable, so am not quite sure how they will handle it when it needs replacing,  but have had mine since they first came out with the 60 Gig, and so far the battery seem to be doing just fine.  I do use it alot - even have the adapter for the  vehicle. Hope this helps  ;D Bet

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2004, 12:01:21 pm »

Thank's bebop , it does help knowing that You would do it again :)  what kind of  adapter do You use in your car , is it the fm  transmiter?

bebop

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2004, 12:19:24 pm »

Yup, the iRock fm transmitter.  Got it for when we're travelling - every rental car has a radio of somesort, as to the cond's we stay at, so I always have my tunes  ;D.  Bet

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2004, 12:23:13 pm »

bebop, Thank's again I think You have helped Me make My mind up ;D

bebop

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2004, 12:44:40 pm »

You're welcome, grey,,glad to help when I can ;D.  Bet

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2004, 09:21:36 pm »

Hi guys, I'm setting up my dad's Zen to work with MC on a new HTPC and I'm having some troubles which are probably very easy to solve.

I basically only installed the driver for the zen and when i plug it in XP recognizes it. The problem is that I don't see the Zen in neither explorer or MC. I guess there's probably one little Creative app or somethign to take care of that but I want to avoid installing all the junk that comes with it. So the question is: What I'm I missing?

Thanks in advance,

-Cascius

8styx8

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2004, 07:41:43 am »

MC Nomad Jukebox 3 plugin 9.0.47 is a snail compared to plugin 9.0.38

Luckilly i managed to revert back to 0.38.

What's the deal?

It cras frequentlly and transfer speed has droped from firewire lvl to a USB 1.1 speed

Media Center Registered 10.0.116 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1464 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive R:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive T:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: IOMEGA   CDRW64896INT-B     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2004, 10:31:27 am »

I just upgraded to version .47 of the plugin (with 10.0.130) for the Nomad Jukebox (1 10GB).  I also am now getting very frequent crashes when activating the handheld player, particularly when the Jukebox's files are shown in the main display.  The entire Media Center crashes and terminates.  I hadn't transferred files from my Jukebox in a while, but this is now unusable.

-J

SteveG

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2004, 02:59:33 pm »

cascius,

For MC to see the Nomad, you will either need to get the plugin for MC 10 or enable WMDM support by going to Tools->Options->Devices and checking the box for 'Enable WMDM support'.

jimpmc and 8styx8,

I made modifications today that will hopefully resolve your issues. Please get Nomad Plugin 9.0.48 and MC 10.0.131. In regards to upload speed, nothing has changed for this for a long time. Please rule out hardware as an issue, by testing the speed of transfer with another application and see if it is similar.

Thanks,

Steve

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2004, 07:54:33 pm »

Thanks Steve, I'll try that when I get a chance.

have a great friday night,

-Casicus

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2004, 10:41:42 pm »

Cascius:

to see the Zen in Windows Explorer, you will have to install the entire Creative MediaSource software (as well as the Creative Nomad Explorer software, go figure.  I recommend not doing this if you find that MC is sufficient for your needs.  In my opinion, the only advantage you will get by being able to see the Zen in Windows Explorer is that you will be able to control playback of music on the Zen via the PC, something that is not yet supported in MC.

JTBurn

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2004, 10:19:55 pm »

Steve,

I don't know what you did in the 10.0.131 release, but the the first time I can use MediaCenter and my Nomad Jukebox 3 error free.  It's a beautiful thing!

Thanks,
JT

SteveG

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2004, 10:44:05 am »

JT,

Thanks. Glad all is well.

Steve

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2004, 07:26:06 pm »

Steve,

Just wanted to let you know that I upgraded to MC .134 and plugin 0.49 -- no more crashes.  Thanks.

Now that I'm getting back into using the Nomad Jukebox (1), I noticed a few things were different from previous builds/versions and I couldn't find any posts through searching which discussed the changes:

1) There used to be an option to select the MediaCenter field (Artist, Album Artist, Album Artist (auto) to use for Artist on the jukebox.  It was useful for multiple artist albums.  Is that no longer available?

2) I couldn't see to edit any of the tags on the handheld itself.  I seem to remember being able to do that at one time.

3) As previously mentioned above, I couldn't figure out a way to change a playlist on the Nomad.  When I right-clicked in the playlist and hit delete to remove files from the playlist, it removed the tracks completely from the Nomad.

Thanks for your support.

-J
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up