INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues  (Read 66782 times)

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN Issues
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2004, 12:19:31 am »

Syeve. go mc 10's latest version to work with the Zen...had to download the driver a few times before it worked (SP2 related problem)  so, now have Creatives driver 1.21.01a and it is running fine.   Now to try MC 11 - tomorrow  ---- it took me all day just to get this download done correctly.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2004, 10:17:45 am »

SteveG
Yes, I too downloaded the new drivers from Creative and all works much better.  I am running MC11.148. It does sync, but there are a few problems.
When you first connect, it syncs without asking.  The first thing you see is "how to handle dups" Once you respond to that it syncs playlists and music.  Then you can click on the "handheld device" at bottom left and follow standard process to select which playlists, Options, etc.  and sync properly.
It does give a false reading to the amount of space left on the zen.  I have 23.5 gig remaining (as shown by the zen on the zen) but in MC11 it shows 7.9 gig remaining. 
Thanks for the help everyone.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2004, 02:47:32 pm »

I also got a false reading of space remaining on my Zen Xtra, so deleted all and re-sync'd to fix it.  Also, right-clicking on the handheld in the left tree under Drives and Devices does nothing - I like the way MC10 had at least a few choices (like sync) which was easier than having to go thru the Action Window. 

bebop

« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:14 pm »

Steve, downloaded the newest version of MC11 and tried again, but it still doesn't even see my Nomad Jukebox Zen USB2!    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in from the plugin's page, and still no luck here.  I thought that if it at lesast sees the other Zens (the xtra etc)  then there was a chance for this one.   I guessed wrong, it seems. 

Media Center Registered 11.0.146 -- D:\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2514 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DUAL 8X4X12    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX230E     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2004, 03:07:22 pm »

Hey bebop the latest MC11 is 11.0.148 not 146 like you show in your last post -- I had lotsa trbl with 146.  And for sure you got the latest drivers/firmwre from Creative's website?

bebop

« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2004, 10:29:27 pm »

Markeau, have creative driver 1.21.01a and need to get the latest version of MC11 - my bad - though i had done that already.  Will download it now and try again.

bebop

« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2004, 10:42:44 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Markeu!!!  That did it - my zen is now recognized and I feel like such a dummy for missing such a simple thing!!!!!  Merci beaucoup, mahalo nui loa and thanks!!!!  It did, however, take a long time to initialize and  then showed they sync dialogue box (which I closed).

SteveG

« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2004, 02:55:15 pm »

Everyone,

Sorry to be out of touch for a while. It looks like things are generally better, correct? The key appears to be latest firmware and drivers from Creative.

Please let me know if there are still lingering issues.

Steve

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2004, 03:53:35 am »

Sorry Steve - I'm still seeing the issues above with the new drivers. It seems to revolve around MC not recognizing the content already stored on the Zen.

John

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2004, 07:36:39 am »

SteveG
MC11 recognizes the content already on the zen but does not report the correct space remaining.  also it scans the zen first and loads all playlists then goes back and allows you to choose the playlists to download and does the download again.  It works, but doing lots of additional work it seems.  Hope this is helpful.  It is syncing  which is good.It seems like we get it working in one build then the next it won't,  Right now we are ok, but could stand some improvement.

SteveG

« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2004, 02:34:12 pm »

TXgary and funnyguy,

There is an issue with 149 which probably is causing this. Please get 150 when it becomes available and let me know if things don't improve.

Thanks,

Steve

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2004, 10:27:15 pm »

Hi Steve

Just gave the latest a shot - and it still seems a no go. It's showing 4.1 GB available after sync, when I have 25 GB available, and all of the files to be synced are already on the device.  I tried removing the plugin and readding but no go.

If I go ahead with the sync, I get the duplicate files message for every file. Selecting the option to save the setting for all files seems to do nothing, it continues to prompt.

I haven't tried wiping it clean and starting from scratch (my wife would kill me if I didn't put it back right now...), but I will if you think it will help.

John

SteveG

« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2004, 08:01:57 am »

John,

MC is planning to resend the files which explains all the duplicate messages and the available space differential you are reporting. For files that are reported as duplicates, check very carefully what MC is showing you as the tag information of the files on Nomad vs. the tag info for the same files in MC. If there are any differences between the Name, Artist, Album, Genre or Track Number tags, the files will be resent in a sync which is what appears to be what MC is about to do for you.

Steve

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2004, 09:42:12 am »

Will Do. I'll probably just clear the whole thing out and start again, my last sync was with a "questionable" MC version. I'll let you know how it goes.

As an aside though, If I were to choose the skip option on the duplicate dialog and select "apply to all", shouldn't it stop prompting me for the duration of the sync? This has caused me problems on long (overnight) syncs in the past.

Thanks

John

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2004, 11:16:28 am »

SteveG
I just synced with the latest MC11 and it does work, but..............
First, I can sync but it does not allow me to choose the sync first, it simply starts the sync and asks me what to do with dups, I say skip and it finishes and downloads the playlists.  Could not select handheld at the bottom even though it does show it.
Then I have the option of selecting handheld at the bottom and it asks me what to do with dups I say skip it tells me I have 7.8G available when i actually have 25G available.  It does sync and again dowloads a song that is already on the unit, then does the playlists.
This is basically what it was doing on the earlier release of MC11.  I do not see any differences. 
But it is working.  Now, if I reset my zen, what will happen?

SteveG

« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2004, 02:51:55 pm »

John,

Wait and get 160 which will be available shortly. It may make all of the issues you report go away due to a bug which was introduced recently causing MC to not be aware of all the files on the device.

TXGary,

First, I can sync but it does not allow me to choose the sync first, it simply starts the sync

Can you clarify what you mean here?

In regards to the other issues, please get 160 when it is available.

Thanks,

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:04 pm »

SteveG
Yes, I can sync, but it starts automatically as I stated earlier.  I do nothing but connect the zen to MC11 and it gathers the info needed and then (if you wait) it next will ask what to do with dups I say ignore and it appears to sync with each of the playlists names flashing on the screen.  After that it allows me to select "handheld" at bottom on left.  I could not select handheld before this.  as the little hand does not appear when moving over the word "handheld".
after selecting handheld and sync it shows only 7.9G available when 26G is really available and it appears to sync one file that is already on the zen and it finishes with the download of the playlists and all is completed ok it appears.
Hope this helps....

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2004, 09:31:10 pm »

Hi Steve

That did it for me. Thanks again.

John

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2004, 07:45:07 am »

SteveG
MC11.161 works fine, but it does automatically sync with the playlists before I am offerred the handheld selection.  It also deleted 25 selections and then added them back when I did select handheld.  I had chosen to skip dups.  Just fyi.  I believe this solution is workable.  And it is showing the correct amount of space left on my Zen

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2005, 03:50:21 pm »

11.0.162 with latest Zen XTRA drivers/fw ... when I plug in the XTRA MC says it has 4108 files, 53.3GB, Free: 11.3GB.  Then when I try to sync, MC says i have selected 4108 files - 45047MB - 32.7GB Over capacity.

And then selecting Transfer says: "-32.7GB available after sync" and so it won't sync at all.  To workaround the problem I have been deleting all tracks and re-syncing, I was thinking the problem might be fixed in a new MC11 release.  Besides deleting all tracks I have also reformatted the XTRA.  Is this bug being worked on?

Media Center Registered 11.0.162 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1993 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive W: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive W: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2005, 05:04:04 pm »

MC11.0.162 appears to work fine.  I am running 40G Zen with 1.20.08.  It shows the space on the Zen fairly accurately and the sync etc works fine per my tests.  Please email me and I will try to help.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2005, 05:24:11 pm »

Hmmm, ok ... I'll delete the tracks again and retry.

SteveG

« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2005, 11:52:31 am »

Markeau,

Have you recently updated/modified the Name, Artist, Album, Genre or Track number tags for files in MC?

Steve

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2005, 12:06:39 pm »

Yes I had changed just a few (like 30 out of 4100) tracks' name, #

OK so within MC11 I deleted all tracks and then sync'd them back down.  These tracks are sync'd by selecting Smartlists and Playlists.  All worked fine until a few XTRA device disconnects and MC11 restarts, then MC11 did the same thing as before showing like -32GB available.  It looks like it is not finding that ANY of the tracks already exist on the device and so wants to re-sync all of them again.  After disconnecting the XTRA, rebooting or relogin to XP MC11 and reconnecting everything works fine - until a few XTRA disconnects and/or MC11 restarts.

So for now, the workaround is to relogin or reboot.

SteveG

« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2005, 02:12:24 pm »

Markeau,

I found and fixed a bug today that would have contributed to some of your problems here. Please get the next build of MC and all should improve.

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2005, 02:12:39 pm »

Are you positive that you are running version 1.20.08 on the zen.  I had some of the same problems you are experiencing until I updated the zen and the MC11 release to 162.  Most everything seems to work now.  I tried it again just now.  I connect my zen after i bring up mc11.162. Then I wait until it recognizes the zen and I click on Handheld at the bottom left menu.  I click on sync and select the playlists that I want.   at this point it shows 22.7G remaining on the device (really 24.2G, but close enough. then look at options - I check "delete unselected files during sync" and that is all that I check.  then ok to close the options menu and click on transfer.   At that point it shows "handheld progress" and syncs the playlist and songs needed.  Now I can click on drives and devices and click on zen and see all songs in either genre, album, playlist format.  All seems to work fine.  
Let me know what I can do to help.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2005, 09:25:56 pm »

OK Steve, I got 11.0.166 and all is working great so far ... Thanks!

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2005, 08:11:11 am »

SteveG
Now I am hosed.  No playlists when syncing......with 166.
How do I get back to 162??
Or will I have to delete and reload all 3700 songs???
One release it works the next it does NOT....
Please let me know my options.....Thanks

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2005, 08:33:04 am »

Actually now that you mention it I did not see any playlists sync either last night when I did my quick test to see if the "negative space" problem was fixed (which does seem to be fixed).  Typically I would see the sync progress thru all playlists, but I did not see that at all.  I was wondering if the new release might be doing that differently (or in the background) and/or did not show because no playlists had changed.  I can't try it again until later today (~6pm us ct).

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2005, 08:38:19 am »

162 worked fine for me. 
Is there a place to download 162 and can I go back to it by simply installing 162 over 166

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2005, 08:44:59 am »

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2005, 09:12:41 am »

Markeau
Thanks

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2005, 09:34:38 am »

I went back to 162 and all is fine now.  Not sure what you did in 166, but it would not sync playlists.  I deleted one playlist and tried to sync the other 70+. It appeared to only delete ALL of the playlists.  and nothing more.
So I am on 162 until this is resolved....
SteveG  Let me know what I can do to help solve this new problem.

SteveG

« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2005, 03:05:27 pm »

Please try 167 when it is available.

Thanks,

Steve

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2005, 06:23:51 pm »

Looks like 167 is working better ... Thanks again!

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2005, 08:55:38 am »

SteveG
Thank You
167 does work very well.  It appears to sync quickly and correctly.  Showing valid info. 
I appreciate all you are doing...

SteveG

« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2005, 08:57:59 am »

Thanks for letting me know all is well.

Steve

Sgt_Couto

« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2005, 09:14:36 am »

PLEASE HELP!
After 2 days of trying to work on MC10 with my Zen Xtra 60Gb, after installing all the latest updates of MC plug-ins,drivers, as well as Creative Media Source and Nomad Explorer latest releases, I cannot play or decode/encode,etc my Zen on MC10.
Mc10 recognise it, read all the files from Handheld Player on Action Menu, but donīt allow me to play with them.
What should I do ? Please tell me STEP By STEP what I must do, to use properly MC10 w/ Zen Xtra.
Thanks
Sgt_Couto

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2005, 09:17:26 am »

I am using 11 so no help here

Sgt_Couto

« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2005, 09:22:28 am »

W/11 your Zen Xtra 60Gb is working correctly?

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2005, 09:27:22 am »

MC 11.0.179 is working fine with my Zen Xtra 60GB

SteveG

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2005, 06:24:58 pm »

Sgt_Couto,

Was everything working fine with MC 10 before the latest installation of drivers, etc from Creative?

What specifically happens when you try to transfer files?

Steve

Lala412

« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2005, 11:58:56 am »

I haven't found this question anywhere - hadn't thought I would need to ask it yet since Amazon said I wouldn't get my Zen Micro until March, but it got here today!!!!!!  (sorry, the sound is better than I expected with the earbuds and I'm hyper) -

my question is:  I have MJ v8.  Can I get a plug-in for this so I can synch my micro??  All I have seen are MC plug-in notes.  I realize I'm in the dark ages, but, well, it does work.  Someday I'll get a new computer and upgrade.  But for now, is there a plug-in for 8 that I can use?

*must* be able to take to work tonight...

SteveG

« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2005, 02:22:11 pm »

If there is a Nomad Jukebox plugin for v 8, it might work with the micro.  If you can find one, you can give it a try.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2005, 02:22:55 pm »

Everyone,

This thread is huge.  I am going to close it and start a new one.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up