INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.149 Available  (Read 11420 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.149 Available
« on: June 18, 2004, 01:47:14 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100149.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.149 (6/18/04)
1. Fixed: Starting TV playback from Theater View wouldn't always start the correct channel.
2. Fixed: MC could cut off the ends of tracks in some cases. (introduced in 10.0.146)
3. Fixed: Possible crash when disconnecting certain Portable devices during a transfer.
4. Changed: Decreased transfer buffer for non-ipod removable drive players to improve status reporting during uploads.
5. Fixed: At the end of the last file, Direct Sound playback could stutter in some cases.

Roar

• Recent member
Re:Media Center 10.0.149 Available
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 06:10:04 pm »

New problem introduced in MC 10.0.149, possibly related to fixes "2" and "5".

The problem is that in some cases, MC cuts of the end of the last track played (in Playing Now).

The problem exists when using Direct Sound, but not when using Wave Out. The problem increases when the buffering size is increased, and is quite noticeable with a 3 second buffer. The problem only exists when seeking is set to "Standard", not with gapless or smooth seeking. Skip Silence setting has no impact on the problem.

The problem manifests itself when seeking within a track, sometimes a sound dropout happens just after the seek (more than the expected dropout of a fractional second), and this dropout which can be a significant fraction of the buffer size - e.g. one or two seconds for a 3 second buffer - will then be "remembered" by MC until playing stops, and a similar amount of sound is chopped off from the end of the last track.

The problem only manifests itself after seeking (I'm doing it with the mouse) and not every time I seek; however IF the dropout comes after seeking, the sound at the end of the last track will be chopped off, even if the seeking dropout happened in a previous track.

This problem is much less annoying than the problem that was fixed in this release, but it's too much of a coincidence to think that the new problem is not a result of the fix(es).

Thanks.

- Roar

Media Center Registered 10.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 50 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1348 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive U: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8175   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:8
  Drive V:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive W:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 07:54:30 pm »

The tag for "BAND" is always autopopulated!

i.e: Import a set of mp3 files, the Band tag is populated, clear it, update the tags, delete the mp3 files from the library, re-import the mp3 files, the BAND tag is again populated! Maybe there is a rule somewhere for that? But Tags should reflect what the user does with them. Does anyone have the same problem?

IanG

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 05:57:49 am »

EVER LASTING BUG!!!!!!

The tag for "BAND" is always autopopulated!

i.e: Import a set of mp3 files, the Band tag is populated, clear it, update the tags, delete the mp3 files from the library, re-import the mp3 files, the BAND tag is again populated! Maybe there is a rule somewhere for that? But Tags should reflect what the user does with them. Does anyone have the same problem?

Yes, I see the same behaviour.  The full name of that tag is 'Band/Orchestra/Accompaniment' - MC writes to it OK, and if it's not empty it imports and updates from it OK.  But, for some files, if that tag's empty MC populates the Band field from the  Album tag!!  I can't see any pattern to it - I've got some files doing it while others, ripped at the same time from the same album, don't!

Ian G.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 11:43:44 am »

*.mpeg's not seen by MC as a video type (they do not show up under Media Library>Video). They do show up in Audio.

edit: ... and in Options>File Assoc.., mpeg's are described as MPEG Video

edit2: ... as a side effect (possibly), I cannot attach thumbnails to the mpeg's either. They show as attached (in Image File under Properties)...but won't display, leaving a black hole. Forget about it...though the thumbnails didn't show initially...they do now.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 11:58:06 am »

A problem which has been there for a long while with my iHP-140.

Executing the command "renaming filenames from properties" does not work when you use many files. MC10 appears to be retagging but then it actually does nothing.

Also i don't know why MC adds a number behind uploaded files. As if all files there were duplicates. Impossible!

MarSies .....

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 12:09:11 pm »

Addition to my latest post.

When you select fewer files it will work. Only problem is then that the music stops when the command is actually being executed. And you can't access MC.

When you don't have MC in your (screen)window you cannot switch back to it. You will only see the dialog box in a flash saying which file is being retagged.

MarSies .....

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 07:29:55 pm »

Make MC full screen (Mega skin), and the Windows Taskbar will not un-hide with the mouse, you must either shrink MC or press the windows start menu key on the keyboard.
. . . the game is rigged

johnmasen

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 03:55:35 pm »

Why can't you seek forward when playing shn files

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 11:47:35 am »

In case you care, .148 fixed the problem I was having with Replace & Play not performing correctly the first usage after a reboot. Wasn't in the patch notes, but since noone ever actually acknowledged my posts, I'm not that surprised. Though you might want to know in case it was an unintentional fix. :P

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 10:21:28 am »

I was wrong, its still failing the majority of the time. I guess I just got lucky the other day. :(

221bBS

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 06:35:10 pm »

MC is stuttering when I press stop...only with direct sound

spencsm

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 12:56:42 am »

I'm reposting this here from another thread:

I've been using MC for quite awhile, think it's great etc...but since I downloaded version 10, none of the (audio/wav) CDs that I've burned will play in any CD player other than the drive that burned them. This never used to be a problem with the older versions. Can anyone tell me what's changed and how to fix it? (I haven't changed anything else: same CD-RW, same brand of blanks, same files, etc...)

Added notes: someone suggested I might have been burning in test mode...not so. Someone else suggested cheap media; true, but it's the same media (from the same spindle, even) that worked fine with MC 9. (And I tried 6 different CDs, now have 6 coasters...)

I haven't downloaded 10.0.149 yet...I'm running the build before that.

I'm posting from work so can't give full system specs, but I'm running XP Home on an AMD 2600+ w/512; again, though, I haven't changed anything except the upgrade to MC 10.

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 09:06:50 am »

I don't think it's MC, I haven't heard of anyone with this problem before. I create cd's for my car and there fine.

Try updating drivers, firmware and Windows...
-

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 02:39:46 pm »

Infinite loop:

Here's what happened. I have Media Center connected to Media Server playing a playlist in Mini-Me. Media Center loses its connection to Media Server so it skips to the next song, which it can't find so it skips to the next song, etc. MC has been set to repeat the playlist so MC endlessly searches for the next song, going through the playlist over and over. The hourglass cursor is showing and any attempts to get MC to stop are in vain, e.g. hitting escape, stop button, right clicking etc.

So they only way I have to terminate MC is to terminate the process.

Seems to me MC should be checking for certain key or mouse press events somewhere in that loop to avoid this behavior.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 02:41:33 pm »

After MC finds several files missing it should stop.  What version do you have?

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 09:27:37 am »

Last Played fields have gibberish for many tracks, interspersed with "xxx days ago" and "never played".

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 02:16:35 pm »

After MC finds several files missing it should stop.  What version do you have?

I have 10.0.149

Omni

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »

Yikes... I just discovered a major UI bug.  :o

Bug:  Hitting ESC while viewing an image in "Full Screen" mode will cause MC to go into a state where one can never restore app's window again.[/u]

The only way to bring up MC again after the above is to use the RMB context menu on MC's app icon on the Windows taskbar and select "Maximize."  (But this will be your only available view forever more--just maximized... nothing else.)

To further complicate matters, if one has "Minimize to System Tray" enabled, one can never get out of this state, even after exiting and restarting!  (If that option is not enabled, then exiting and restarting will fix everything.)

Steps to Produce:

1.)  "Play" an image;
2.)  Right click on image and select "Full Screen View";
3.)  Press the ESC key.

falliers

• Recent member
  • bye..
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 11:33:13 pm »

floating point issue; program crashes
AMD 3400
raid 0
Win XP pro
CD emulator program installedl several VCD in use

I can send screen shot , where to?

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 06:06:57 am »

floating point issue; program crashes
AMD 3400
raid 0
Win XP pro
CD emulator program installedl several VCD in use

I can send screen shot , where to?
Please describe the steps you take before the crash occurs. Also, post your system info (from MC's help menu).

Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 06:48:50 am »

I found a Bug with editing long filenames in the song window -- the filename won't "scroll" properly in order to let you edit the beginning of the name.

When renaming filenames in the song window, I highlight a filename, then switch this field to edit mode.  When a song's name is too long to fit across the window, it is partially cut off such that I can't see the beginning of the name.  I try to move to the first part of the name with both the curser key and the home key, but the curser just moves out of sight to the left, and the visible part of the name does NOT scroll as it should.  The name does scroll normally when editing in the the Action Window, but I'd rather not use the AW for this particular task.

People won't run into this when using high resolutions, but on smaller monitors it's not uncommon to have this issue.  You can test this problem by moving the tree's seperation bar way to the right.  Go to a song with a name that won't fit withing the resulting window space, and try to edit it.  Notice that you cannot scroll to the beginning of the filename.  I noticed this issue with two different systems, one with version 144 and the other with 149 (I assume it happens with the versions in between these as well.)

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 06:52:38 am »

I seem to have found a bug with the "Rename files from Properties" function.  

In transferring files to a new system, I ended up with my multi-artist CD's spread across multiple folders (rather than in an "assorted" folder.)  I realize this was due to the way they were transferred and imported, but to rectify this issue I first moved a given album to an EMPTY folder, then I "Renamed Files from Properties" with the "assorted" box checked.

This worked fine for most albums, but one of them suddenely had problems.  After the "Rename" process, most of the album's songs were correctly placed in the "Assorted" artist folder.  A few of the songs, however, went right back to the individual artist folders -- i.e. the "move" function worked properly, but the rename function refused to place certain songs in the "Assorted" artist folder.  I tried several times, but the same songs kept being renamed with the actual artist rather than "assorted" as they were supposed to be.

It seems that the only way to get these files into the Assorted folder where they belong is to manually rename them.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 05:54:39 pm »

I have run into problems with some real audio stream web radio stations.  One station ("LiveIreland Channel 1")automatically opens a web browser window (some sort of shopping site), then gets stuck in a loop and locks up MC.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 01:21:06 am »

I have CD playback bugs in MC that do not happen with Windows Media Player.  The problem is a long pause before playback resumes when moving the position slider.  With the Direct Sound setting (instead of Wave) this pause is accompanied by a broken record effect (i.e. the last sound repeats over and over.)

I started a seperate thread on this issue at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=22272

Thanks,

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 10:17:41 am »

My Wife’s Computers CD Burner Will Only Burn 60 Mins to a CD Using MC10

I just burned the same file list using music match and the audio cd burned fine all 74+ mins

MC10 burned all the music files and it showed up properly but it just would not play past 60mins in any player nor in the computer.

so it seems MC10 does not like this burner (from gateway 40x)

the 48x burner on my other gateway works fine with mc10

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 08:07:13 pm »

You need to add additional searching data bases on the web.  Having only one just doesn't do it for gathering information on a CD.

I have to use a competitor to download the information, then copy it over to MC10.

Skylar ?

ploppy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2004, 03:15:42 am »

I've upgraded from 9 to 10. Great work, but something won't work anymore in 10 what worked in 9. The Volume button is back assigned to master volume of the system. Changing it to Wave Out doesn't seem to work  :-\. It was een pretty good function, so let's hope is just a bug that is going to get fixed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2004, 08:46:41 am »

I've upgraded from 9 to 10. Great work, but something won't work anymore in 10 what worked in 9. The Volume button is back assigned to master volume of the system. Changing it to Wave Out doesn't seem to work  :-\. It was een pretty good function, so let's hope is just a bug that is going to get fixed.

You could always pick "Internal Volume" mode from MC's Player > Volume menu.  Otherwise, you could switch which sound card the master line controls in Control Panel.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2004, 09:29:13 am »

In the Rename Files Using File Properies popup there is a checkbox to Use 'Assorted' for [Artist] on multi-artist albums.  Should this option be available also under Options/File Locations?  If it is I appologize , I have not seen it.

Also, does anyone see the following behavior or is it just me.  I've posted these a few times but nobody else seems to have seen this behavior:

1.  Rip Progress indicator does not reset for each file that is ripped.

2.  When ripping a CD, the status column will not autosize to include percentage ripped.  I have the Autosize columns checked under Options\tree & view\list.

Thanks.

Brian Palmer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2004, 03:30:55 pm »

I've seen responses in other threads stating that only "major" bugs will be fixed in version 10.  Could someone from MC possibly let us know whether or not the bugs listed here are considered "major."  I definitely consider some of these "major," like the streaming radio glitches with certain stream types, or the CD playback "seeking" issue with longer songs -- these are both issues that effect the core use of the program.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 08:28:48 pm »

I'm suddenely having problems with Audible files no longer playing on an iPod if the files are already on the iPod when I do a sync.  In other words, if I delete all the Audible files on the iPod and do a sync, they all play.  If I do another sync without changing any of the Audible files, they all STOP working on the iPod.  Just to clarify a bit furter, if I delete half the Audible files currently on my iPod and do a sync, only the ones that were deleted before the sync will play.  If I leave all these files on the iPod and then do another sync, NONE of them will play.

The only Audible files that will work on the iPod are the ones that were ADDED to the iPod as of the last sync.  Any subsequent sync "breaks" the Audible files that are already on the iPod.

Note:  This only happens when I eject the iPod and close/open MC in between syncs.  If I just do two syncs in row without ejecting the iPod or closing MC, the aa files still play.

I can't say for sure when this first showed up -- I updated this system to 149 only recently, but I don't remember what version it was before this.  I'm going to try installing an earlier version of MC to see if this will fix it.  Do I have to do anything special to do this -- i.e. I can just install an older version over a newer one, correct?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2004, 03:03:52 am »

The Audible/iPod bug is definitely related to 149 somehow.  I downgraded back to version 145 and the problem stopped.

Larry

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2004, 02:53:13 pm »

When burning a CD from MP3 and hitting "show list" there is no update during burning in the list showing at what position MC is.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2004, 03:30:56 pm »

Select two consecutive songs with same artist, but capitalized differently.
e.g.,
billy joel
Billy Joel

Hit F2 to edit.
The artist field of the first song becomes editable, and changes automatically to "Billy Joel"
Great.  Hit Enter.  
The artist field of both songs changes to "billy joel"

My workaround is to make MC think I edited the field: add a space at the end, then delete it, and then hit Enter.

Add a bunch of songs to Playing Now twice.
In Playing Now, delete one of the duplicated songs from MC by holding down shift and selecting delete.

The index for Playing Now gets screwed up so that MC doesn't know the correct name of the song it's playing.

When you try to open a file that MC doesn't recognize, MC says "Please select file to play" instead of saying that it didn't recognize the file type.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2004, 04:25:22 pm »

I started a thread in the "portable digital players" forum about the problem with Audible files not working correctly on the iPod with the 149 build.  Someone else just posted reporting the same issue.  The thread is http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=22304.

My temporary workaround was to go back to the 145 build.  I don't know which build between 146 and 149 actually started this problem, but since 145 worked I left it at that.

Thanks,

Larry

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 03:38:07 am »

Bug: If you load a CD for ripping, and it's not found in the YADB database, AND you don't enter the details (ie. cancel out of the "add details" dialog"), the next time you load a CD, and click on the device, you get the "Gathering Information and Updating view" dialog, followed by the "Accessing Disc YADB information / Status: Connecting" dialog box.

These two dialog boxes then alternate for around 10 cycles, after which they dissappear, WITHOUT updating the track info for the CD you just inserted.

This behaviour persists until I exit MC, and then reload.

---
Media Center Registered 10.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 902 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 542 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\CentauriRippingComplete.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2004, 04:00:52 am »

The iPod/Audible issue was apparently introduced with version 148 (someone in the other thread tried all the versions from 145 to 149 and reported this.)  I checked the 148 release notes, and found this:

"3. Fixed: iPod Last Played and Play Count data will not be corrupted when iTunes is opened and then a subsequent sync to MC is initiated."

Given that this specifically dealt with iPod synching, I'm wondering if this change somehow broke Audible support on the iPod.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up