INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Virus Testing  (Read 931 times)

JONCAT

OT: Virus Testing
« on: August 23, 2004, 07:30:34 pm »

Hi there,

Just wanted to make an concise and friendly point  ;D

If you are testing virus software with SAFE virus packs ...they are labled "safe" since they are known viruses that can be detected & removed; a testbed. This gives you an idea of how good the AV program is that you are testing. For example I tested Kaspersky with a fake Trojan when I first got it.

Good luck to everyone finding the right AV software....btw I am not Kobra LOL...just wanted to share some info that I found on the web (just the test results are what I saw); sorry if I caused any confusion, my only motivation was to provide some ideas.

Jon ;D

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:OT: Virus Testing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 07:39:10 pm »

Jon, your intentions may have been in the right place, but being an Admin isn't easy.  It's their job to be sure that we all remain safe and that those who would use those safe test packs in a manner other than intended, can't get them from this forum. I believe that was the intent behind locking the thread.  Admin also has to take all the flack when things go wrong or we just don't like their decisions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 07:50:19 pm »

Thanks, Betty.  I think Jon and Admin have made their peace.

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 08:50:57 pm »

For those that still might be researching/looking for an AV solution, I've found some useful info here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

There is a forum devoted specifically to NOD32. All other AV software (including freeware) is discussed in the other anti-virus software forum.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up