INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video and Importing question  (Read 805 times)

sfdoddsy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Video and Importing question
« on: September 03, 2004, 10:40:51 am »

My trial of MC10 is almost up. In general I like it a lot and will buy it simply to be able to view all my scattered files. The organization for files is also dandy. I use iTunes for my main music playback (mainly due to AirTunes) and it is nice the way MC can mimic it.

I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface oof MCs capabilities, but that is my first question. There is nowewhere that I have found that simply explains what is possible or not with MC. The online help file is abtuse, the search function here is obtuse and I am constantly confused.

If I import all media files, then decide to remove them from MC's library, it has no memory of this. So that every time I scan to import media, everything I have just thrown out gets re-imported. I realise that I can tag via playlists or select certain folders, but an option that simply says 'Do Not Reimport' would be much much easier.

When playing back stills, the player defaults to a slide show. I still can't find a way to turn this off and have manual selection, apart from pausing and clicking. A Powerpoint spacebar move would be a godsend.

I spent an hour earlier trying to find a way to stop the player defaulting to full screen video when I play a video file. Given most computer videos look horrid full screen, I'd like to play a window which I can adjust. Yet each time I have to go full screen, click the window button, then MC disappears as a background, so I have to resize that, then get the video window back on top. I've also had too many hangs while sorting video clips.

I have been playing with the access control to keep stuff from my kids. I can tag files to hide when Access Control is clicked, but there is no way to view them again with disabling the same control. A folder or box to click to observe hidden files would be useful.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:I'll probably buy MC anyway, but... (long rant)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 10:54:16 am »

When playing back stills, the player defaults to a slide show. I still can't find a way to turn this off and have manual selection, apart from pausing and clicking. A Powerpoint spacebar move would be a godsend.

The pause button or spacebar both toggle pause.

Options > Playback > Image... allows you to change the default to not start a slideshow.

Right clicking on playing images gives all the commands and shortcuts as well as the option to configure.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sfdoddsy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 11:34:42 am »

Thanks Matt. I tried that, but the command doesn't seem to disable slideshow, it just delays it until you press the space bar. But hey, that's not too hard.

Any thoughts about how to get the video to play in a window by default or the importing hiccups?

Cheers

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 12:15:34 pm »

For importing, you will probably need to organize your files a little.

For example, put all the music you want in c:\music.

When you find something you don't want, move it out of that directory.

If you tag files you don't want, you can use the Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties command to move them.  Check MC Help for more.

sfdoddsy

• Recent member
Re:Video and Importing question
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 06:50:44 am »

Thanks Jim, owner developer response is why I bought MC.

I'd still like to suggest an automatic filter for files that have been removed for future updates.

And can I assume you cannot specify that video files defauilt to playing in the window?

And that there is no way to view access protected files other than by going into the view menu and declicking the enable access protection?

If so, could I also suggest you enable these two features in future upgrades.

Thanks Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up