INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Artist Albums  (Read 879 times)

xian

• Recent member
  • Karl Marx's grave is just another communist plot
Multiple Artist Albums
« on: September 26, 2004, 09:14:16 am »

When I copy multipe artist albums across (rather than ripping them in MC) or tag files myself, I find that it is next to impossible to group all the component tracks as a single album. I end up with (for example) 12 one-track albums of the same name and same album art.

Is there a way I can group disparate tracks as a single album? Setting the Album-Artist field to (Multiple Artists) does not seem to do it.

Thanks

TAFKAFEX

Re:Multiple Artist Albums
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 12:45:15 pm »

Try 'Tools -- Library Tools -- Rename File Properties' with the matching path and name rules. Check 'Use Assorted...'.

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 05:47:41 pm »

I use (Multiple Artists) as the "Album Artist" entry, I then use 'Rename File from Properties" setting the folder naming to: [Album Artist]\[Album].

This places the entire album in it's own folder within the branch (Multiple Artists) and they do show as complete albums for me this way as well.
. . . the game is rigged

Imran

• Recent member
  • Personal Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 06:00:18 pm »

For some reason, like with the new Resident Evil Soundtrack, it still keeps the artists name in the artist field, and when I rename file from properties it puts them in the "Multiple artists" folder, yet each track still retains the originial artists.
I tried doing this with the XXX soundtrack, but i had to change every track at the same time to make sure it's on the same exact album, but it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up