INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.93 Alpha Available  (Read 13395 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.93 Alpha Available
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:46:01 am »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110093.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.93 (9/30/04)

1. Fixed: Uninstaller could show an error in some cases during a complete uninstall.
2. Fixed: Using the Format Converter DSP with no resampling could cause a crash at the end of a track.
3. Fixed: ASIO playback could crash with some cards when playing mono files.
4. Fixed: Sample rate conversion would not work properly with channel conversion on as well.
5. Fixed: Double click playback for files on USB portables works again.
6. NEW: CD ripper option to rip multiple tracks to a single file with associated cue file works now.
7. Fixed: WMA files with large data or internal art could cause crashes in some cases. (introduced 11.0.92)
8. NEW: Details view uses file image instead of stock music note, picture, etc. when possible. (experimental -- feedback welcome)
9. NEW: Updated DirectX Host plugin to not use resources or startup time unless it's enabled. (download here: http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/accessories.php )

11.0.92 (9/28/04)

1. Fixed: MP3 tagging could be slower than expected in some cases.
2. Fixed: Mouse wheel scrolling in the Library Browser could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Starting a new track with a different track paused would cause a little bit of the old track to be played.
4. Changed: Double-clicking a Library Browser grouping no longer considers the click on a single item, so all the groupings won't be played. (depends on configured double-click mode)
5. Fixed: OGG encoding (ripping, converting, etc.) was not working in some cases.
6. Changed: WMA tagging would not store Album Artist in the (new) standard way.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re:Media Center 11.0.93 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 01:24:02 pm »

8. NEW: Details view uses file image instead of stock music note, picture, etc. when possible. (experimental -- feedback welcome)

I like it!
pretend this is something funny

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:38:57 pm »

NEW: Details view uses file image instead of stock music note, picture, etc. when possible. (experimental -- feedback welcome)

Also I like, perhaps but he would be better to be able to activate or to deactivate this characteristic from the options of the program (in "Options > Tree & view > List" for example).  Thus he would be better for machines with limited resources and by aesthetic questions.
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en español: Español (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

pepe lopex

• Recent member
Menu "List style" disappeared!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 01:49:43 pm »

I finish fixing using version 11.1.092 MC and have updated to 11.1.093 in case it had been a confusion and it had been corrected.  

But I am afraid that nobody has realized:  The menu "List Style" has disappeared that forms the format of visualization of the listings ("View List Formats").  

Before, List Style option could be found in the menu bar under "View" or doing right-click in the list and select "View > List Style".  Now this option is had lost (or they have changed it place to another and I have not found out).   :-[
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en español: Español (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Menu "List style" disappeared!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 01:54:14 pm »

I finish fixing using version 11.1.092 MC and have updated to 11.1.093 in case it had been a confusion and it had been corrected.  

But I am afraid that nobody has realized:  The menu "List Style" has disappeared that forms the format of visualization of the listings ("View List Formats").  

Before, List Style option could be found in the menu bar under "View" or doing right-click in the list and select "View > List Style".  Now this option is had lost (or they have changed it place to another and I have not found out).   :-[

View > Customize Current View or Ctrl+U

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 01:59:36 pm »

Kind of distracting and too small to be useful.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

pepe lopex

• Recent member
Change of behavior to import files.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 02:03:36 pm »

I have appreciated from versions back that the form has changed in which new files are added (import) in MC library.

Before if the Windows shell integration, files were dragged & dropped, or if menu were used;  when some file of anyone of these forms was concerned, MC showed an informative window of the import status ("Import Info") and playlist was placed in the "Recently Imported".  

Now MC do not do all this, or I am very clumsy :-\ and not with himself that do what I want, or this behavior has been modified by some option of the program that I do not have activated.  

In any case, I would like that everything worked like before.  ;)  

Thanks.

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 02:15:03 pm »

Still having problems with the library browser not flowing entries correctly.

If I select a genre with 11 artists, then select the artists tab, I get a single column list that shows 10 with the bottom one cut off.   If I mouse hover over the list, it flickers rapidly between a single column list and a 2 column list.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 02:22:37 pm »

Still having problems with the library browser not flowing entries correctly.

If I select a genre with 11 artists, then select the artists tab, I get a single column list that shows 10 with the bottom one cut off.   If I mouse hover over the list, it flickers rapidly between a single column list and a 2 column list.

We're not sure if we'll be able to make this work perfectly outside of XP.  There are some bugs in older Windows common controls that we haven't figured out how to work around.

I wonder if there's any way to upgrade the common controls safely without upgrading your OS...

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 02:49:59 pm »

I support pepe lopex request.

The import summary at import time was very useful, especially when importin *.mpl playlists. I definitely miss this feature.

I don't understand why J River so often drops existing features that were quite useful. I don't see any reason why this feature needed to be dropped.

TAFKAFEX

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 03:12:15 pm »

Disagree. As small as it as. It helps me to differentiate between the albums in a 'visual' way.

matshif

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 03:17:05 pm »

Like it!

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 03:54:54 pm »

Don't see playing overlay icon!!

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 03:58:30 pm »

Disagree. As small as it as. It helps me to differentiate between the albums in a 'visual' way.

In addition, it allows to detect of a look the files that they do not have to cover image.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 04:15:07 pm »

i think its a great feature but an option to choose betweeen the 2 options would be even better  :)

zeltak

IanG

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 04:45:47 pm »

I completely agree - it serves no useful purpose and just slows things down.  Might be nice as an option though.

Ian G.

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 04:50:03 pm »

I like new detail images.

Request : in view schemes, if grouping set to size 1 it would be good if all numerics (0 to 9) were still grouped together - not seperately as 0,1,2,3 etc. Similiar to library browser 0-9, A,B,C,D etc.

Thanks.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 04:50:50 pm »

I like it too.

The DSp Output format now works great again.

Thanks,

-Cascius

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 05:09:33 pm »

Who cares about all that details image view stuff?!? All I have to say is:

6. NEW: CD ripper option to rip multiple tracks to a single file with associated cue file works now.

[size=12]YAY!!![/size]

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 05:23:16 pm »

Thanks for ensuring that the rip function works again. And the enhanced rip to single track option is certainly valuable as well.

I noticed one potential bug:

The Encoding (in my case from WAV to APE) sometimes just hangs up on a track and keeps displays "Encoding" while MC11 happily rips and encodes on with the following tracks.   This seems to happen particulary if running two ripping processes via two CD drives in parallel.

Would be great if this could be fixed in the next update

BB

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 05:25:47 pm »

DirectX Host is gone from my DSP menu . . .I mean the name is there and I can click on it, but there is nothing displayed, just a blank black space.   :o

It has mysteriously returned.
. . . the game is rigged

LonWar

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 06:07:51 pm »

It adds some color to the lines... But the images are way to small to be of any use...

Something like this but half the 1/4 of the size of tiles would be cool...

Converting to WMA... All the tag fields seem to convert over except for Ratings...
-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2004, 06:14:17 pm »

A couple of ripping requests :

1. For the Rip to Single File option, can we specify filename naming scheme? Currently it just names the ripped file (APE in my case) and CUE sheet as the album name. I'd prefer it as [Artist] - [Album], both for the APE and CUE sheet. For the CD I just ripped (Megadeth - Rust In Peace), I would like to wind up with Megadeth\Rust In Peace\Megadeth - Rust In Peace.ape and Megadeth - Rust In Peace.cue.

2.  When MC automatically downloads coverart, can we have an option to save that cover art in the same folder as the ripped files, and have it named what we want (in my case, I'd like it named folder.jpg).

3. Can the secure ripper be set to automatically save a log file to the folder that the files were ripped to in a naming scheme of our choice? Again, in the example from above, I'd like it to be Megadeth\Rust In Peace\Megadeth Rust In Peace.log

The end result would be to have the following files in the Megadeth\Rust In Peace folder:

folder.jpg
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.ape
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.cue
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.log

If these could be done, then ripping would be perfect, IMO.

Dragyn

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2004, 06:21:51 pm »

folder.jpg
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.ape
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.cue
Megadeth - Rust In Peace.log

If these could be done, then ripping would be perfect, IMO.

exactly the way I do it....except I probably would like the apl files created too.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 06:23:48 pm »

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add MAME support to MC... All I'm really thinking is to add .bin files to the list of supported files and have MC fire them up in MAME32 or something. It could be a really sweet addition for users of Theatre View.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2004, 08:17:01 pm »

I think the icons are great, especially after increasing the font size to an 11, making them easier to view.  

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2004, 08:22:49 pm »

Matt, I like the way it looks with all the album covers it does add color , Is there away to make them bigger?

pepe lopex

• Recent member
Re:Menu "List style" disappeared!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2004, 08:48:16 pm »

View > Customize Current View or Ctrl+U

Thanks to answer, Matt.  

This mode to do it already knew it.  

What happens that is not as practical as was before.  
To use "View > Customize Current View" implies many more steps and a change of almost permanent visualization.  

Of the other mode, or using the keyboard short cuts (that now are only described in the aid of the program and they do not have own menu) he is much more easy and comfortable.

To use Ctrl+U to alternate between the views is very heavy, mainly when they are loaded to cover arts.  

Even there is disappear, to place in the bar of tools, the unique button from which list could be selected to nobody style in only two clicks.

I would like that it remained as she were before.

;)

The improvements are thanked for, but I like MC by his great versatility and the practitioner whom its handling is.  

It has many things (like this and the one of dialog status "Import info") which well they are done from previous versions, and are very useful and beneficial for present and future users.

I think that it would be good for conserving all these details so that MC continue gaining points.

thx

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2004, 08:52:40 pm »

Matt, I like the way it looks with all the album covers it does add color , Is there away to make them bigger?

Options-->Tree&View--->Select Font
Increase the font size, which will make the text larger, but the icon size will also increase.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2004, 11:30:33 pm »

9. NEW: Updated DirectX Host plugin to not use resources or startup time unless it's enabled. (download here: http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/accessories.php )
Thanks Matt. Seems to be much smoother/faster on my system even when enabled.

mysixstring

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2004, 01:08:36 am »

I have some issues with the search bar.

MC10 use to update the search in real-time as I typed. Is this a change that I missed somewhere down the line? I also noticed that when I am typing in a search and hit the backspace button instead of deleting the previous character, it navagates backwards. I find this to be very annoying.

8. NEW: Details view uses file image instead of stock music note, picture, etc. when possible.
I'm diggin' this change as well

NoCodeUK

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 02:11:05 am »

I like the idea of the icons in details view but it is currently very small.  What would be very nice, although I am not sure if its possible, would be to have the album display in its own cell next to the list.  So you have one img per album kinda like this:

+-----------------------------------------------+
       +         +______________________________________+
       +  img    +_____________________________________+
       +-----------------------------------------------+

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2004, 04:59:58 am »

I have the following error in the Media center 11/93.  If I search  for media files the programm hang up.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

LonWar

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2004, 06:34:46 am »

Options-->Tree&View--->Select Font
Increase the font size, which will make the text larger, but the icon size will also increase.

I increased the fonr from 8pt to 18pt. The letters are huge, but the picture only increased a very very small %.... I don't think that is the answer.
-

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2004, 11:28:03 am »

Still getting the "Server Busy" error box,
this time while trying to navigate to a local folder (even as local as on the same drive).

The CANCEL button is NOT available for use as it is still stuck in the down position.

?

Oddly this is happening while playing music (any filetype, on disk or interten stream) and you I must use Task Manager to get out of it.

If I try the same navigation while No Music is Playing, MC navigates fine.

Update:
removed plugins which made no difference until I changed my audio settings to wave mapper, then I got my sound back and it is working OK again.  
I do not know why I but have had the audio fail in the past also and rebooting did not help then either.
The only cure I found then also was switching to wave mapper. In every instance I was not even able to get sound through my other soundcard in any mode (except wave mapper again).
I was later able to go back to using ASIO, Direct Sound or Wave Out on either card for no apparent reason. Could this be a windows issue?
(Sorry, I do not recall whether this occured before I switched to Win XP from Win2K or not . . I think maybe yes.)

Still seeing the "Server Busy" box, and cannot cancel, cannot stop play, cannot do anything but use Task Manager to crash MC (unless you get lucky and click retry between tracks)
. . . the game is rigged

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 02:09:56 pm »

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add MAME support to MC... All I'm really thinking is to add .bin files to the list of supported files and have MC fire them up in MAME32 or something. It could be a really sweet addition for users of Theatre View.

Look at MAMEWAH (google it)  and add a button to Theater View to launch it. MameWah is a tv front end for ANY emulator... it's a little odd to figure out at first, but it's really nice once you get used to it.

PM me if you have questions, I'd be willing to help, as this is the setup I use on my HTPC.
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2004, 04:18:33 pm »

8. NEW: Details view uses file image instead of stock music note

Can this still show the old yellow icon for files which have not yet been imported?
As it is you cannot decipher a difference visually.
. . . the game is rigged

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2004, 06:46:37 pm »

Just noticed WMA files not playing.  Don't know how long this has been.

Media Center 11.0.93 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1400 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITEON  CD-ROM LTN403     Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: MITSUMI CR-4804TE         Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: MITSUMI  CR-4804TE          Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2004, 06:49:31 pm »

WMA files play in build 93.  Please start a new thread.  You may have protected files.

TimB

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2004, 08:41:29 pm »

I'd LOVE the mini-thumbnails if they weren't so mini. :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2004, 08:45:55 pm »

I dont know if there are some bugs, or there is something wrong in my system... but I've found some serious troubles in this version:

1. Filtering by Date(month) does not work on panes. When I select any month, no images are showed in the detailed view.

2.- Renaming files from properties does not work. It updated library, but didnt move the files (so the links broke...)

3.- Importing from Windows Explorer does not seem to work

Are anyone else having the same problems?

Media Center Registered 11.0.93 -- C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 1090 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1031 MB, Free - 711 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: TEAC    DV-28E-B          Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Dragyn

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2004, 09:41:51 pm »

backspace is doing a "back"  ? ::) >:(

TAFKAFEX

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2004, 05:22:55 am »

backspace is doing a "back"  ? ::) >:(

Concerning the searchbox: This drives me crazy.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2004, 07:32:03 am »

BUG:

In Playing Now quitting the G-Force Pro visualization does not reload the cover art image of the currently playing track. In all subsequent selections (track info, cover art, MC visualization, 3-D visualization) it falls back to the default MC icon.
Restart of Playing Now does not help. Only a restart of MC11 reloads the cover art image again.

editdsn

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2004, 09:41:42 am »

i'd still like to see the Import File Summary window brought back, very useful. maybe have an prefs option to enable or disable it?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2004, 10:19:20 am »

1- MC still leaving empty folders on the drive after files have been moved (confirmed empty in Windows Explorer {even hidden & system files})

2- Using "Image->> Quick Find in File/Cover Art Folder" MC fails to find image IF not in same case . . . .
does this really need to be case sensitive thus causing the need to manually "Add from file"?

3- BTW, the "Server Busy" error that has been locking up MC on me only happens when navigating in the tree pane within MC, while MC is doing something else (i.e.: playing a file, analyzing audio, etc) I tried stepping back a few versions but no change.
. . . the game is rigged

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2004, 12:50:19 pm »

MC it is delayed enough when acceding to the options of the program (menu "Tools > Options").

Fixer

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2004, 01:44:02 pm »

Yes...  but WHAT IF we could right click or hover on it and get a larger view?

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2004, 02:56:36 pm »

The "write cd text" option hasn't worked for the last few builds.
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, than screaming in terror, like his passengers.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2004, 11:38:35 am »

I believe I have fixed the "Server Busy" error . . . . .

I had to uninstall some plugins from within the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" as well as from within MC . . . just uninstalling them within MC11 apparently was not enough.

I also did a clean reinstall of MC (with a reboot between the uninstall and reinstall operations).

This appears to have been sucessful (so far), but unfortunately I lost my:
~ Favorites, ~ Top & Bottom Toolbar customization, ~ TV Tuner channels (with tags to match the station names),
as only Library with ViewSchemes and Playlists gets backed up, NOT these other settings.

PLEASE build in some way for these other settings to be backed up as well, they are time-consuming to restore manually.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up