INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any kX experts here?  (Read 1608 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Any kX experts here?
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:43:12 pm »

I'm going to use CD SPDIF in on my Audigy2 and Live! 5.1 as a regular digital input from another card's digital output with the kX drivers in my multizone setup with several cards in two computers, and this is for syncronized playback and norwegian Internet Radio (unplayable with anything but IE). But on the Audigy2 I get sound all the time, and I find nowhere to turn it off, and on the 5.1 I don't get any sound at all! Could somebody please direct me to where I can mute and unmute this, and preferably (but not necessarily) adjust volume. Hope somebody can help me out here!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

modelmaker

Re: Any kX experts here?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 01:30:46 am »

I thought you knew everything??? ;D
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 02:47:50 am »

No, that's where most people make a mistake. I know everything that's worth knowing, but sometimes I come across something that I haven't bothered to learn before...  ;) The most annoying thing is that the people at the kX forum (at DriverHeaven) is so slooooow in answering questions. Most questions need a bump or two and a week or three before somebody who knows something will answer...  >:(

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 03:22:28 pm »

Mastiff--
I stumbled on this thread searching for multizone tips.  I'd be curious how far you've gotten since your january post.  I run an Audigy2 as a preamp out  which I've fed to multiple destination receivers via digital coax. 
My next goal is multiple simultaneous outputs which are selectable at each destination.  Some time ago I talked to CREAF about this, and they recommended what you're doing--getting a second CREAF card of a different type, so that there's no driver conflict. Each zone of MC would then feed to a separate identifiable output card. 
Any luck with this?  If it's still not working I think what may be happening is that the windows "Play Control" can't distinguish properly between the outputs--or you just need to turn up the volume on all the outputs til you hear whaat you expected.  Failing that, for $500 you can buy an RME Hamerfall, which appears to do exactly what you want.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 03:43:05 pm »

Have you visited Mastiff's excellent site?

From his signature:
http://home.powertech.no/mastiff/multizone.htm

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 04:05:41 pm »

Just did, and it's clear he's taken it way beyond anything envisioned by earthlings.  It appears he's using a barco for a TV, which is a better monitor than most TV post houses can afford.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 01:38:22 am »

Thanks! Actually that's a projector in the home theater, I have a regular TV as well.  ;D As for the subject, I gave up on the kX drivers for that computer, they did not handle line in/line out well at all. So I have several different sound cards (most of them cheap since they send music to cheap boom boxes and speaker setups), like a Live! 5.1, a Sound Blaster PCI and an Audigy 2 (for the living room). They are easy to control with Girder.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 02:33:57 am »

Slightly OT but I find the Creative Drivers work well for me except when you try and update them and get a message saying there is no audigy detected in your system.  If anyone has this problem there is a brilliant article here that helps get round it and install the update.
JLee

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 04:40:02 am »

Yeah, but the creative drivers are hopeless if you want to have three zones out of one card. Which is why I use kX when I can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up