INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.179 Alpha Available  (Read 8010 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.179 Alpha Available
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:33:01 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110179.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.179 (1/21/05)

1. Fixed: Progress bars would draw as black boxes. (introduced in 178)
2. Changed: View headers use list colors to choose list and text coloring.
3. Changed: Information box added to inform users that files queued for transfer to a Portable Device will be removed if they already exist on the device.
4. Changed: If a user closes the Portable 'Sync' action window, MC will prompt to clear the queue.
5. Changed: Added a wait message during initialization of the playlist tree control in the Portable Sync AW.
6. Fixed: Closing the program could cause a handheld to get initialized even if it was never used, which caused slowdowns.

11.0.178 (1/19/05)

1. Fixed: UPnP Server incorrectly reports 0 for number of children.
2. Changed: Added hack for some UPnP implementations that don't allow nested URLs.
3. Fixed: MP3 files on a Samba server that didn't handle short filenames could fail to be imported or tagged.
4. Fixed: Flickering when Portable Device list control was redrawn.
5. Fixed: Defined folders as a 'Portable Device' caused crashing when selected in the tree.
6. Fixed: After viewing a CD burn queue list, MC would crash when closing.
7. Fixed: UPnP/TiVo/Library Servers may have crashed on exit, or not stopped if exiting while playing.
8. Optimized: Switching views is faster in many cases.
9. Fixed: Audible plugin would not load properly on some systems.
10. New: Image adjustments (brightness, contrast etc.) are available for digital TV now.
11. Fixed: Track Info page token TRACKINFO_INSERT_PLAYLISTS was not working properly.

11.0.177 (1/14/05)

1. Fixed: Some drag-n-drop / clipboard actions could cause a crash if no files were involved.
2. Changed: Back / forward works between webpage and library type views, to effectively create one history list.
3. Changed: Wait message should appear while MC gathers information from Portable Devices.
4. Changed: Wait message should appear while Portable Device Action Window draws playlist tree when necessary.
5. Fixed: Portable Device Sync queue will prompt to clear queue when AW is closed.
6. Fixed: Portable Device playlist tree flickering during draw.
7. Fixed: Searches / tree items for long strings would not work properly when a short string started the same as the long string.
8. Fixed: Quick Play of mix-type smartlists would play the same results each time.
9. Optimized: Improved speed of views containing view headers.
10. NEW: Added view header to handheld list views.
11. Changed: View header for CDs "Rip" control changes to "Cancel Rip" when ripping is in progress.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 11.0.179 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 06:02:49 pm »

1. Analyzing large files, > 100 MB (mixes), hangs around 40%, sometimes the whole system freezes.
2. When MC finishes analyzing large number of files, the analyzing window never displays " completed" and the exit button stays greyed out, even though the file analysis is compleeted.
3. Importing seems to take longer than it should and the number of files imported into the library is reported incorrectly.  Also, while MC is searching for new files, parts of the previous dialogue window GUI remain on the screen.

Media Center Registered 11.0.179 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 06:11:21 pm »

mkutsen,
I got the link.  Please leave the file there until Monday or Tuesday.  We'll take a look.

Jim

edbro

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 06:17:31 pm »

Still problems with Web Media. The first 2 stations I tried (using MC's Search) gave me an error stating "Failed to Connect to a Server" and then launched my web browser to an Error 404 page. The next station I tried crashed MC.  I tried again on the same station and it gives me a dialog box saying "Please select file(s) to play". 

matshif

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 07:26:16 pm »

1. This version change fonts back to default. If you change back to the one you want it's ok during that session but when you start MC again it's back to default.

2. When you start MC it comes in a long small window. When you click on the icon in the middle in the upper right corner the window goes back to normal size.

Sorry!
I installed once more and rebooted and the problems were gone.

Media Center Registered 11.0.179 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center 11\

Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 10:12:06 pm »

and hitting space doesnt start the slideshow in the visualization window

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
CD Burning Does Not Work
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 11:09:46 pm »

See this thread. Has not worked in the past few builds.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25573.0

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
Handheld- File Type Not Supported
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 11:16:35 pm »

Format conversion fails when you try to send to a handheld device.

See this thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25669.0

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 02:55:05 am »

I tried to use the disc# field like so

album xxxx disc# 1  track 1
album xxxx disc# 1  track 2
album xxxx disc# 1  track 3
album xxxx disc# 2  track 1
album xxxx disc# 2  track 2
album xxxx disc# 2  track 3

the complete album flag is 0 even though both discs are complete...

Marcel

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 02:59:35 am »

since the last couple of release I can't play a smartlist anymore in netremote (via RemoteServer.dll)
playing something in the media library works fine (as long as 'show in theatre view' is checked) :

LX "PLAY" "Media Library\Audio\Artist/Album\U2" "-1"

but playing a smartlist stopped working recently :

LX "PLAY" "Playlists\Auto Smartlists (music)\Random -- one hour" "-1"

also, If I do :

Set MJPlaylists = myMJ.GetPlaylists
MJPlaylists.GetNumberPlaylists

via the COM interface, I see 0

Marcel

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 11:57:06 am »

2. Changed: View headers use list colors to choose list and text coloring.

Matt,

How do I access this?

Michel.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 03:46:46 pm »

Attempting to "Export to XML" still produces an "Out Of Memory" error.

Michel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Loading another library, I managed to succesfully export to XML. It seems that there is something in my default library that would cause the out of memory message.

The default library is about 18 MB and the second library is about 6.5 MB. Could that be the reason?

You are welcome to a copy of each library if it can help.

Michel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Center Registered 11.0.179 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 1990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive J: MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D521    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:3  MaxSpeed:3  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 06:20:49 pm »

The track info window flickers every 5-6 seconds, as if it was refreshing itself. Seems to happen with any track info template.

Media Center Registered 11.0.179 -- C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Center 11\

Intel Pentium 4 2523 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 681 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 06:49:13 pm »

2. When you start MC it comes in a long small window. When you click on the icon in the middle in the upper right corner the window goes back to normal size.

Sorry!
I installed once more and rebooted and the problems were gone.

Reinstalling/rebooting has not resolved this bug for me.  Double clicking changes MC to full screen, but when changing back to a resiizeable window, the window converts to the wide, short view. 

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 07:13:48 pm »

I've just discovered the "send to recipient..." feature which is AWESOME.

I've spotted a small bug though. I'm using Outlook 2003. If you attept to send a photo when Outlook isn't running it'll work fine the first time, but when you attempt to send again, MC reports that the "operation failed". The reason is that Outlook.exe is still running. You must kill it first before attempting the re-send or make sure Outlook is started before you try sending anything.

Arguably a MS bug but thought I'd mention this here anyway.

Ray.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 11:45:41 pm »

--Progress bar is back and fine.

--iPod sync problems see this thread

--View header text color fixed.

--The default main window size is out of whack. Height shows only the play controls, width seems to be over 2000px. The problem persists between sessions. Window size and position are not saved when MC is restarted. Work-around: Double click the title bar to maximize the window to screen size.

--Playlists field is still not working. It is still documented, is the documentation just lagging behind the official removal or is this a bug?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 10:47:14 am »

Hi, have been using MC9 and 10 for a while now and would like to say thanks for your efforts - this is possibly the best value for money software I've had the pleasure of using. I've started to use MC11 now the past couple of days and love it to bits, particularly the library browser and split views. Maybe I'm imagining it but the gapless playback seems to be even more gapless now as well...

Anyway, at the risk of repeating other posts I've noticed a couple of trivial niggles that maybe you'd (or not)  like pointing out;

1) in the Playing Now visualisations, the auto-hidden bars come on when you move the mouse in another view - including the tree view... The expected behaviour (at least what I expect) would be that they only come on if you move the mouse in the visualisations view. How about an option to just hide them all the time for people like me - people who don't use them ever.

2) The state of the views aren't remembered when you close the app and restart - makes it a bit ugly when you start the app cos every view has the same thing in it (i.e. playing now or library browser, etc), plus its a bit of a pain to re-organise it all every time.

3) When I put a load of buttons on the toolbar (at the bottom of the window) it knocks the centering of the status bar text.

4) In the library browser, when you click on, say, "Artists", then "Orbital", then "Orbital Albums", then back to "Artists", it goes back to the top of the list, rather than back to where you were (i.e. Orbital). Any chance it can be more intelligent? It'd also be good if you could order each Library Browser view different, (i.e. sort Artists and Albums alphabetically, but when you click on albums for an artist, it sorts by Date)... just a suggestion I don't want to be critical of it cos its a great feature.

Thanks again for a great product

Pete

saab99

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 12:58:27 pm »

i have media center. i want to pay the $10 but can't find the right link. can anyone help?

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 06:42:49 pm »

Install and register your current Paid version.... Then install 11 and click Help and Register or Purchase..

That should work.
-

KingCandyCorn

• Recent member
  • Good thing your heads are made out of pastry...
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 11:11:21 pm »

Ok, I've been using 10 for a good long time now.  I started playing with 11.  I like what I'm seeing in the direction for some of the changes.   I opened my main library in 11 to check things out. 

Now I want to use 10 again for some things while I wait for 11 to go primetime.  When I try to start 10 it tells me "You are attempting to open a database that is too new for this version of media center.  Please upgrade to the newest version of Media Center".

Fine, replace my library files with the back up I made.  No go, still getting the error.  Ok, try opening with no library files there.  No go, still the message.

I looked in the registry, but I didn't see anything obvious.  What am I missing?  How can I get back to using 10?

While I am at it, is there a way to use 10 and 11 on the same library?

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2005, 11:46:05 pm »

1) in the Playing Now visualisations, the auto-hidden bars come on when you move the mouse in another view - including the tree view... The expected behaviour (at least what I expect) would be that they only come on if you move the mouse in the visualisations view. How about an option to just hide them all the time for people like me - people who don't use them ever.

I would like that. I don't using that bars too.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 04:46:40 am »

Ctrl+2 goes to mini me view, instead of Playing Now.

I use the above a lot so i really miss it.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 05:03:01 am »

Status bar text is still being centered despite skin settings.

J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 07:49:49 am »

I would like that. I don't using that bars too.

I would also vote for the toolbar to be able to stay hidden permanently.
How many people are changing their display often enough to need it popping up?

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 02:12:26 pm »

Back navigation shortcuts (backspace, alt+left, etc.) bring you back to the previous view but not to the very point you were at.

For instance, if you're browsing a view scheme and go to playing now, hitting the backspace brings you back to the view scheme you were browsing, but at the top of the list instead of at the exact point you were previously at. However, the field you were browsing is indeed selected as you can see when  you scroll down to it again.

---
Listening to: 'Bring My Baby Back' from 'A Different Beat' by 'Gary Moore' on Media Center 11

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 03:55:19 pm »

I am having no luck in getting MC to work with my 4g iPod.  It is accessible in W Explorer though.  Under Devices and Drives, MC lists it as iPod.  It is found in W Explorer as Drive J with a drive label of iPod.  When I right or left click on it in WC I get a small error box that pops up (with a red X and no text).  I cannot get past this error.

Just before upgrading to 11.0.xxx (I have had this issue with all builds I have tried so far) I had the same problem in latest ver 10.  I had hoped 11 would correct this problem...

One other thing: I noticed a file in the root J: (iPod) directory called Database.mpl of 854kb that I am not familiar with.

All help will be great as I miss my portable tunes.......

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 05:07:46 pm »

When installing .178, I finally decided to let MC11 uninstall MC10 first. I now have no windows explorer integration (right click>Media Center "send to" options) with MC11. I even loaded 179, and it's still not there.

benrad

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 09:44:43 pm »

I am having no luck in getting MC to work with my 4g iPod.  It is accessible in W Explorer though.  Under Devices and Drives, MC lists it as iPod.  It is found in W Explorer as Drive J with a drive label of iPod.  When I right or left click on it in WC I get a small error box that pops up (with a red X and no text).  I cannot get past this error.

I'm having the same problem with my GF's 4G iPod. I have no problems with my 3G iPod. I just created a thread about this in the portables forum.

matshif

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2005, 10:52:31 am »

Ctrl+2 goes to mini me view, instead of Playing Now.

I use the above a lot so i really miss it.

Can try Alt+2  ::)

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 03:00:31 pm »

I would also vote for the toolbar to be able to stay hidden permanently.
How many people are changing their display often enough to need it popping up?

"...I second that emotion..."

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005, 11:03:40 pm »

Getting cover art from the internet while in Library Browser view crashes MC. In fact, I'm experiencing loads of crashes occuring regularily while doing various tagging activities in Library Browser. Doesn't seem to occur if I use standard view.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005, 12:39:01 am »

Getting cover art from the internet while in Library Browser view crashes MC. In fact, I'm experiencing loads of crashes occuring regularily while doing various tagging activities in Library Browser. Doesn't seem to occur if I use standard view.

Especially when adding images from the clipboard. EG, select an album while in Library Browser, right click and choose paste from clipboard. Then right click somewhere else and boom! Also happens intermitently as I said before. I don't have any 3rd party plugins installed.
Z-Wave Home Automation

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005, 10:58:56 am »

When you start MC it comes in a long small window. When you click on the icon in the middle in the upper right corner the window goes back to normal size.

this was posted before, and some some said resolved.. NOT FOR ME
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

SteveG

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2005, 02:38:08 pm »

schwaa and benrad,

How does the iPod appear in the MC tree (the specific text)? Is it 'iPod'?

Please respond here....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25729.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up