INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding View Schemes  (Read 780 times)

bromax

• nothing more to say...
Adding View Schemes
« on: October 23, 2002, 10:06:21 am »

I am new to MJ, and was attracted to the program because of the flexibility in changing/adding view schemes.

I am, however, having a problem creating a scheme that I want. The default Genre/Artist/Album does not suit my needs.

I have a great many classical music files. Each musical work is a subfolder with composer's name, a colon, and name of work or works.

E.g., a subfolder is titled: Brahms:Symphonies 1 & 2,

Inside that subfolder are the files (tracks) of the musical work and numbered in order of the way they are performed. E.g., inside the Brahms subfolder above might be a file: 01 Symphony No. 1, Allegro non troppo.Then, I might have: 02 Symphony No. 1, Adagio (the second movement), with the third and fourth movements identified likewise with 03 and 04.

This folder is labeled with a Genre "Symphony."

So what I would like MJ to do is give me a list of genres I have determined. From there, by clicking on a genre, I would see a list of subfolders, i.e., titles of works like "Brahms: Symphonies 1 & 2." By clicking on one of the titles, I would have the movements (tracks/files) listed in order for that subfolder, and then would like to be able to play them in that order automatically.

I tried creating a Genre/Album scheme. but do not know what to list for "Component Properties." Using the default "Artist," I get a listing of orchestras, soloists, etc.

I want the names of the subfolders to appear. Do you have any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Adding View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 10:37:27 am »

Your best bet may be to wait for version 9.  It lets you browse by Windows folders just as you would in Windows Explorer.

The other possibility may be to modify how you're storing your music.  MJ can help you move the files (in properties/tools).
Pages: [1]   Go Up