INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 10 Cannot Create Directory  (Read 689 times)

bishopdonmiguel

MC 10 Cannot Create Directory
« on: February 04, 2005, 09:49:50 am »

Been a long time MJ8 user and recently upgraded to MC10 (latest build).  Wow, "nice improvement" is an understatement.  Wish I had upgraded sooner.

Unfortunately, I have stumbled upon an annoying bug.  Certain directories cannot be created by MC10 while ripping or converting.  For example, MC10 spits out errors for the following...

Best Of Bond... James Bond, The
  Oops!...I Did It Again
  R.U.L.E.

My first thought was it had something to do with special characters, specifically "dots," but the directories below can be created when ripping or converting without error...

J.Lo
  Dr. Dre
  Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.)
  Game, The

It appears the problem is related to multiple "dots" together or a directory ending with a "dot."  I have noticed that if the directories are created manually before ripping or converting, there are no errors generated.  It seems that MC10 can handle reading and writing into the problematic directory names, just not create them.  On a side note, there is no similar problem with filenames.

This wasn't an issue with MJ8.  I know this because all of my current directories were created by it.

Any chance of this ever getting fixed?  I can create the directories manually but it is rather annoying.  For what it's worth, I am running XP Pro SP2.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 10 Cannot Create Directory
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 11:06:24 am »

If you think you have found a bug, please report it here in the thread for that build.  Here's the latest one:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23736.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up