INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALBUM THUMBNAIL suggestion...  (Read 2090 times)

JONCAT

ALBUM THUMBNAIL suggestion...
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:00:07 pm »

Library browser is handy but I use and switch between Album Thumbnail views when using different view schemes. The album covers just "say more" to you when your browsing and provide a good overview. The problem: when you click on an album it doesn't make the above panes shift into that selection; instead the red check marks appear accordingly.

If I have Genre, Artist, Album, Name as panes it would be nice to be able to click on an album (not double click) thumbnail below and have the above panes represent that selection. Currently, it seems like a waste as the red check marks light up but mainly down out of site and at random; I just can't see a use for that.

I think it would be much more intuitive for MC to handle the Album Thumbnail view this way, not to mention extremely handy.

Anyone?

JC

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: ALBUM THUMBNAIL suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:12:12 am »

i have view schemes as you described.

When i clicked on an album thumbnail, i usually right-click->View inside Media Center,

to get back to the view scheme i just do Alt+ <-  like you would in IE.

Its nice to see the panes advance to what the albumthumbnail represents on (single) clicking it.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 06:09:25 am »

Interesting, I don't think I have the some effect happening.

I can't find the View Inside Media Center either.

My panes don't advance when I single click on the album thumbnail. When I highlight a thumbnail with one click, the above in the panes, red check marks highlight the apprpriate files.

Here's a screen shot.

JC

www.catuccio.net/screenshot77.jpg

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:45:23 am »

my mistake i should have said ...

Its would be nice to see the panes advance to what the albumthumbnail represents on (single) clicking it.

Some correction ...

Right click on a thumbnail->Locate->On Disk(inside Media Center)

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 03:35:45 pm »

I have looked thru all the options and found the one to change fonts, i increased the size from 8 pt to 9pt and made it bold, much easier to see now.

My question is, the thumbnail text under a number of my albums is to big to fit (in either 8pt the smallest or 9 pt) and is truncated with ...., is there a way to have perhaps two lines of thumbnail text or somehow to make it smaller than 8pt so i don't get any of my album or artist titles truncated?

Terry

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 10:25:38 pm »

my mistake i should have said ...

Its would be nice to see the panes advance to what the albumthumbnail represents on (single) clicking it.

Some correction ...

Right click on a thumbnail->Locate->On Disk(inside Media Center)

I was wondering for a while if there was a way to click an album thumbnail and view the individual tracks.  It is still cumbersome however since you have to right click into a nested menu and if your computer is slow, it takes a few seconds to show the individual tracks.  A simple fix would be to add a button to the toolbar that has locate->On Disk(Inside Media Center). ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 06:15:22 am »

Anyone else like to see this implemented? As shown in the screenshot, the panes would respond to a highlight of an album that way you instantly see/play any track on the album or backtrack to (All) in the album pane and see all the albums by that Artist and choose a different one.

This is more complex than it seems because how should the Album Thumbnails respond? Should only the abulms that get selected be in view, and all the rest dissappear? I think it might be better for navigation if the albums all stay visible.

Also, how would multiple artist albums be handled? Maybe all the reacks could be listed if you have a NAME pane, but the red checks could still be used in an ARTIST pane.

JC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 06:20:01 am »

When you hover over an album thumbnail, you'll see the track list (in MC11 at least).

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 06:25:39 am »

True but this has no true functionality other than being a pop info window; and you have to wait for it. Consumers hate waiting ; )

I just posted a couple of ideas above and would like to hear what you think. I have been using MC11 exclusively lately and I think that both aesthetically and functionally this would be a great change.

v/r
JC

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 12:05:05 pm »

Have you looked at Rhino Banga's Album View Plugin?
-

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 09:20:08 am »

Yes, with MC10. I'll have to check it out again though. Do you use it?

JC

JONCAT

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 05:27:53 pm »

Anyone like to see this changed?

JC

edbro

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 05:33:12 pm »

Yes, I would love to see this. The hover method is way too slow and sometimes it tells me that there are "<too many files to list>", which doesn't help me one bit.

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 08:19:53 pm »

Exactly, and it doesn't let you select any files to play either.

JC

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 04:12:40 pm »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 04:39:43 pm »

Your best bet is to try to find a way within the existing framework.  MC11 won't change now.  Maybe in a future version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up