INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.225 Beta Available  (Read 7445 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.225 Beta Available
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:11:47 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110225.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.225 (3/25/05)

1. Fixed: Portable devices status bar could display 'File Not found' incorrectly.
2. Fixed: TV playback would not always start on the proper channel.
3. Fixed: Track info pages wouldn't support right-click.
4. Fixed: DVD playback wouldn't cancel rewind / fast forward when tapping the play button.
5. Fixed: Streams now work with UPnP Server and TiVo.
6. Fixed: WAV files now play on Streamium.
7. Fixed: DLink DSM-320 would repeat the first second of content.
8. NEW: PSP supports video transfers. (video must be in mp4 format)

11.0.224 (3/24/05)

1. NEW: UPnP Server now supports movies.
2. Fixed: Backslashes would get replaced by underscores in Rename from Info.
3. NEW: Added movie support to PSP. (requires videos to be in proper format)
4. NEW: Reworked the internal program design. (may create bugs -- use with caution)

11.0.222 (3/24/05)

1. Fixed: Files with no system 'last modified' time could cause problems with handhelds and library updates.
2. Fixed: During handheld upload, the correct status messages would not be displayed in the status bar.
3. Fixed: The wrong icon could be used for portable devices in the tree.
4. NEW: Added Playstation Portable (PSP) support for both music and images.

11.0.221 (3/23/05)

1. Fixed: Clicking a scrollbar in MC when another application with the focus partially covered MC would not properly redraw MC.
2. Changed: Portable Options added customizable filepath for playlists for custom drive paths.
3. Fixed: Conversion for iPod. For fix to work, you will need to open and close the options dialogue and confirm your settings.
4. NEW: TV can do Time-shifting and still-picture-capturing with Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 device.
5. Changed: Added database type logging to help isolate any database loading / saving performance issues.
6. Fixed: Database expressions with double brackets (i.e. [[Artist]]) would not work properly.
7. Fixed: Track info pages would flicker when sizing or bar hiding / showing.
8. Fixed: Some mini skins would not draw properly.
9. Fixed: Adding columns for renamed library fields would not work properly in Customize Current View.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.225 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:27:46 pm »

Nice new Build and

this bugs was fixed !
1.Rename files from properties is converting \ to _ in the directories rule instead of making a new directory.

2.right clicking a file in explorer and hitting play or play in media center causes media center to load but doesnt put it into playing now.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 09:24:19 pm »

3.The tooltip wording for the Mini View toolbar icon (MEGA view skin) still says "Mini View (Escape)".  The shortcut for Mini View is Ctrl+2 (not Escape).

Is not fixed...still worded wrong.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 10:12:44 pm »

Issues:

1. DVDs without a main menu (e.g. just one title that starts automatically) cause MC to lock up. These same DVDs play without any problem using Power DVD and stand alone DVD players.

2. DVDs don’t show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can’t be imported. For example I can playthe VTS_01_1 file from drives and devices and even change the “Name” and Genre” fields, but when I select import into library the file doesn’t import. No error, it just doesn’t show up in the Media Library section of the tree.

3. Can’t play a DVD from a network share. The same DVD plays fine from a local hard drive.

4. There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

5. DVD playback automatically resumes at last location. Although this is an improvement over putting up a normal dialog box to ask, this is problematic behavior for two reasons: (i) in Theaterview there still appears to be no way to easily get to the DVD main menu using a remote (see #3), and (ii) is selecting from a library of ripped DVDs (which is problematic now, see #1 and #2) there should be a way to have the default behavior be to play from the start. Preferably after selecting the file in Theaterview, a user could be presented with Theaterview style popup menu (e.g., much like the choice to open, play, add, select after selecting a music album) allowing the choice to start from the beginning or the last location.

6. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

7. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as some large number that bears no correspondence to the actual bitrate.

8. When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I think all that should be necessary to fix this problem would be doing a refresh when the move is complete.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
System Click At Track Change
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 12:58:18 am »

The page change sound is back again.
When using DJ2 track info in playing now when the track changes I hear the sound.

Media Center Registered 11.0.225 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2672 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 503 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     CD-RW  CRX220E1    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 01:38:13 am »

Tagging gone wrong - again:-

Tag info AFTER MC 11 changes
Title:    Nimbus Café del Mar 20th Anniversary - CD1 01 Subconscious Mind
File Format:    MP3
File Length:    10,262,528 Bytes
Location:    file:///M:/mp3_1/Assorted/Café del Mar 20th Anniversary - CD1/Nimbus_Café del Mar 20th Anniversary - CD1_01_Subconscious Mind.mp3 Date Modified:    Saturday 26 March 2005, 15:06

Tag info BEFORE MC11 changes
Title:    Te Karanga
Artist:    Rhian Sheenan
Album:    Café del Mar - Vol. 11
Genre:    Chill
Track:    1
File Format:    MP3
Duration:    6:28
Year:    2004
File Length:    8,808,576 Bytes
Bitrate:    181kbps VBR
Beats Per Minute:    62
ID3 Tag Version:    ID3v1.1 / ID3v2.3.0
Location:    file:///M:/mp3_1/Assorted/Cafe del Mar - Vol. 11/Rhian Sheenan_Cafe del Mar - Vol. 11_01_Te Karanga.mp3 (Download)
Date Modified:    Monday 14 March 2005, 11:47

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 02:09:05 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 03:29:48 am »

Bugs:

1) Right-click menu in full screen mode and other command buttons (except Esc) don't work in this release. They work in 223. It happens when playing music and starting an image slide show at the same time.

2) Images don't stretch to full-screen size any longer, when control-bars auto-hide. This has been around for a few releases now. They leave ugly black borders on top and bottom of the screen.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 08:29:54 am »

I have just ripped a multi artist album, but under the Album Artist (Auto) column each artist is now lindividually listed rather than the album being listed under (Multiple Artists).

It appears that the calculated tags aren't being calculated correctly

On further investigation, MC has stored each track under the path X:\music\artist\album\track.wma  name rather than under X:\music\assorted\album\track.wma structure for a multi-artist album.

Hence I guess MC isn't seeing it as a multi-artist album. 

Richard

edbro

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 12:23:39 pm »

For upload to my handheld (Sandisk SDMX1), I have MC (11.0.225) set to convert files to WMA cbr128. What I end up with is something different. If I reimport the converted files from the handheld, MC will display the bitrate as around 177kbps during playback and the tag info shows the compression to be VBR quality 75. I have double checked the settings in MC to make sure I have cbr128 set.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 03:17:56 pm »

Rip progress bar is still misbehaving when ripping entire CDs.

zones

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 05:19:12 am »

I keep experiencing a fault with multizone connections to Netremote. Sometimes when MC11 starts the Netremote link will always send the selected track to play on Zone 1. A reboot of the MC PC generally fixes it. I know of at least one other use who has experienced the same problem.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 06:34:24 am »

Playing Now in the Theatre View - the track list doesn't scroll as the green arrow showing the currently playing track moves down.

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 07:17:48 am »

[jmidd's post, moved here from another thread]

just downloaded 11.0.225 and I am now unable to play DVDs.  The disc shows up labled as "Unamed Disc ( (Z:)" even though it's volume label is shown correctly in windows explorer.  When I try to play the disc I get the error.  "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.   Please make sure the path in your media points to the right location."

The previous MC version that I was using on this box (WIN2K) was 11.0.127 and it worked fine with the same disc last night.  Also, I can still play ripped DVDs fine.

Jeff

As an edit, I downgraded to 11.0.190 and everything is working fine now.

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 10:14:46 am »

When converting/uploading to an iPod, the bit rate tagged on the iPod will be the same as what was on the PC (regardless of conversion settings for the iPod). E.g. Lossless APE to VBR MP3 (--preset fast medium), the bit rate will indicate that the file on the iPod is ~1000 MP3, as opposed to what it actually is (~150).

More of a nit, now that I know what's really going on (it did have me perplexed for a while, though).

-- Dennis

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
dialup connections and slowness
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 03:34:44 pm »

mc will freeze solid after three time trying to connected to the internet

mc is very slow on burning two cd at the same time.

Media Center Registered 11.0.225 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1460 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 167 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive H: CREATIVEDVD-ROM DVD1610E  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: SONY    CD-RW  CRX195E1   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: SONY     CD-RW  CRX195E1    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
So much music so little time!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 05:50:50 pm »

Semicolon Delimited Library Fields are not being handled correctly when used in a View Scheme Expression.

I have created a Library Field (List, selicolon delimited) called Artists

I have created the following expression in a view scheme

If(IsEqual([Artists],, 1), AlbumArtist(), [Artists])

This is outputting  "artist1;artist2", so the [Artists] librbary field isn't being treated as a list.

So I get something like:

(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
Sting
Tommy;James Morrison
Vince Jones

Instead of;
(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
James Morrison
Sting
Tommy
Vince Jones

Richard

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 06:30:24 pm »

Theater mode

Selecting play, on single item, in last level menu

Plays entire album, instead of the single item.

steniriel

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 09:02:15 pm »

Hello Guys! Why when i finished record a CD and the new CD is ejected the program close completely!!?? so I can't do another copy of the same CD or archive the songs somewhere for
future recording!! How can i fix this?? ? :(

Imatation

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 12:42:55 am »

If you change the font, the Media browser view drops the Play, Albums, Files links almost out of view. Reverting back to the default font doesn’t bring it back up.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 06:51:48 am »

I keep experiencing crashes when importing files from a server. This happens on two different computers. Most unstable release for me in some time.

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 07:42:44 am »

Hi

:'(
When I right-click on a folder in Explorer, select Media Center/Import, only were imported the files in the first folder like, example:
Folder: Music
   Subfolder: Rock
      Subfolder: Artist
            Track01
            Track02
The tracks (Track01, Track02, ...) were not imported.

The tracks on the folder "Artist" were inported only when I select Import directly from that.
On the version 221 and previous it works normaly!

Alweb

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 02:24:03 pm »

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 04:05:27 pm »

When editing the rule in a view scheme you click the rule element and 'Edit with wizard' or 'edit by typing' - the problem is that it often opens up the wrong rule element for editing.  This seems to happen when the rules are a mixture of standard fields and modifiers such as sorts and limits.

I think this system could do with a rework.  Rather than show all the rules in a long horizontal string it would be better to have a system like is used for adding panes where you add/delete/reorder each element of the view scheme rule and show them in a vertical list.
JLee

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 09:45:39 pm »

I found a little text error in the "Customize Toolbar" dialog box.  Down at the bottom where it allows you to select Text/No Text there is a misplaced ampersand.  Check it out...

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JONCAT

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 10:33:12 pm »

I can't believe I am still learning how to further tweak MC, it's a great program.

A few more minor bugs in MC11:

1. When editing tags, if you move down to the next field with the keyboard, it's highlighted like it's supposed to be. I click the right arrow to bring the cursor to the end and un-highlight, then I hit delete to remove a parenthesis or something but what happens is the last character gets highlighted and you have to hit delete again to remove the character. Kind of weird.

2. Highlighting multiple files for tag editing like a rename of genre or similar where you drag down  and highlight enough files so the window scrolls downward, you get tag changes on files above where you started. This has happened maybe 5 times in the last week.

3. Library Browser is not fully functional to users with high screen resolutions and fonts bigger than standard 8 type. Subtext: (Albums,  Files, etc.) isn't viewable so you're stuck just double clicking; really removes the functionality of the browser unfortunately. 

4.  Library browser is handy but I use and switch between Album Thumbnail views when using different view schemes. The album covers just "say more" to you when your browsing and provide a good overview.
     The problem: when you click on an album it doesn't make the above panes shift into that selection and vice-versa; instead the red check marks appear accordingly (spread out across the long lists in panes).
     This would be such a great addition to MC; once you select an album your panes above list the tracks for playback or you can easily switch between albums or then select (All) to instantly see all the albums by that artist.
     The current method seems totally unintuitive to me, so much so as to be considered a bug.
     I think it would be much more logical for MC to handle the Album Thumbnail view this way, everyone would benefit, and it would facilitate browsing and would simply by extremely handy.

Keep up the hard work
JC

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 11:49:16 pm »

Theater View:

I like the option to use the arrow keys for navigation, this is like my squeezebox where I can drill down levels with the right arrow and go up levels with the Left arrow.

So.... one request/suggestion:

Rather than the left arrow taking you to the "Home" button on the left, could the left arrow go "Back" a level without moving to the"Home" button and maybe the "TAB" button jump between the Buttons on the left and the list on the right.

I know if you press left twice it will go back a level, but for "normal" users once the highlighted button is "Home" then then think they have to scroll down to "Back" and press "Enter" to go back.

I guess the other side of the argument is whether people will then get confusd as to how to get back to the left butons if the "left" button doesn't take you there... what do others feel?

Keep up the excellent work guys.

Richard

Fixer

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 08:27:31 am »

Somes the track info display goes blank and I must shutdown MC and restart to get the display working again.  I have not figured out what triggers it to stop working.  I'll play around more this evening.

Anyone else see this and know what triggers the problem?

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 12:15:01 pm »

The current track playing symbol in Theatre View take about 30 seconds to realise you have skipped tracks when skipping tracks with wmessage commands.
Rich

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 11:10:59 pm »

Theater View:

When using "Toggle Zone" from a remote control a couple of things don't update correctly:

1) The title bar doesn't refresh until another remote button is pressed.  I have used [Zone] in my title bar so I know which zone I am changing, when I press "Toggle Zone" this doesn't update until I press something else.

2) When in Playing Now view and you press "Toggle Zone" the album art at the bottom updates, but the track listing doesn't update,  You have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  Both should update together.

Richard

IanG

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 03:21:02 am »

Playlist notes are still not being saved

Ian G.

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2005, 01:02:20 pm »

I'm running build 220. Mini View doesn't stay on top [unless there's an option that needs to be turned on somewhere?]

Thanks.

edbro

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2005, 04:06:14 pm »

I'm running build 220. Mini View doesn't stay on top [unless there's an option that needs to be turned on somewhere?]
While in MiniView: Right click-Options-Always on Top
Pages: [1]   Go Up