INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.235 Beta Available  (Read 7722 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.235 Beta Available
« on: April 11, 2005, 05:38:53 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110235.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.235 (4/11/05)

1. Changed: Paths defined as Portable Devices will support transfer of all filetypes.
2. Fixed: Portable Action Window progress would not auto close after transfer.
3. Fixed: During auto sync, data from a portable would not be synced to PC.
4. Fixed; Delete unselected portables option.
5. Changed: Dropping on the Media Library (and possibly other) lists could show an uneeded Copy / Move menu.
6. Fixed: In some are cases, drop actions that showed a menu could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Imports that included playlists could cause inconsistent import summary reporting or crashes.
8. Fixed: Import would import broken links from playlists if "Ignore small files" was unchecked.
9. Changed: InstallWizard no longer tries to install Windows Media Device Manager components on Windows XP since they should already have been installed with WMF95.
10. Changed: User interface in action window when burning data CD's.
11. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding had problems "allowing" a secondary audio format onto the destination CD.
12. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding was not transferring tags to the transcoded files burned to CD.
13. Changed: View headers use buttons instead of hyperlinks for commands. (like Rip, Play, etc.)
14. NEW: Theater View's Playing Now will keep the playing file highlighted and visible as tracks change.
15. Fixed: Library Server would not play files with Unicode filenames.

11.0.234 (4/8/05)

1. Fixed: Not all settings for Portables were being individualized correctly.
2. Changed: Auto sync on connection of portable devices is enabled.
3. Changed: Reset of Portable devices will clear all registry settings for Portables.

11.0.233 (4/7/05)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, thumbnails would not persist between sessions until viewing Options once.
2. Fixed: Slowness transferring files from Nomad and Dell devices to the PC.
3. Fixed: Slowness during analysis of files to be transferred to handhelds.
4. Fixed: When rewinding reached the beginning of the buffer, TV in Time-shifting mode took a long time to resume normal play.
5. Fixed: Rewinding would not work when TV in Time-shifting mode was playing very close to live TV.
6. Fixed: Audio from an analog channel would be played when TV was started playing a digital channel.
7. Fixed: TV would not import recording from ATI HDTV Wonder device.
8. Fixed: Thumbnail viewing of jpg files from portable devices.
9. Fixed: Transcoded CD burning is working again (the "MP3 CD or DVD" choice in the CD burning droplist).

11.0.232 (4/5/05)

1. Fixed: When viewing a folder with MC's "My Computer" area, data files could get their system "date modified" updated to the current date.
2. Fixed: Some portable options selected in Tools->Options->Handheld were not being saved properly per device.
3. Fixed: iPod long filename and foreign character added and corrected.
4. Fixed: Time zone and daylight savings time shifts could cause MC to wrongly detect external changes during import.
5. Fixed: Some DVDs would not play
6. Fixed: DVDs that had a menu that's not on the menu domain would not work
properly. (The Incredibles : Bonus Disc, etc.)

11.0.231 (4/4/05)

1. Changed: Playlist selection for synchronization is now unique for each portable device.
2. Fixed: In some cases, Mini View buttons would not draw properly.
3. Fixed: When viewing two views with view headers at once and selecting a file, the view header image of both views would change.
4. Fixed: Improved tagging mode / pane flow when viewing two library views at once.
5. Fixed: Imported playlists would not play properly. (requires Update Library from Tags on imported playlists to fix)
6. Changed: Renamed Theater View "Exit" to "Full Screen."
7. Changed: Theater View default jump-on-play mode changed to "Full Screen."
8. Changed: When watching a video or image, it is no longer possible to change to other display plugins.
9. Fixed: Browsing in Media Library could leak memory. (only existed for a build or two)
10. Fixed: Portable drive custom path multiple display of 'device' in Action Window.
11. Fixed: Audible files now display correct bitrate.
12. NEW: Audible files now displays cover art.
13. Fixed: Error is triggered for "format 1" type Audible files (which cannot be played).

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.0.235 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:09:02 pm »

DWAnderson,
You've been patient in posting the problems you've found.  I've moved them to a new thread and we'll see what we can do.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27010.0

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 06:12:44 pm »

Please post handheld problems in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27011.0

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:28:05 pm »

1. Changed: Paths defined as Portable Devices will support transfer of all filetypes.

Transfer now working for fixed hard drive, but "Show List" still displaying "File not supported" both for ape and jpg files.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:45:50 pm »

Very strange.  When I play music it displays photographs as well.  This is new to this build and was not in the last build.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 08:11:03 pm »

Very strange.  When I play music it displays photographs as well.  This is new to this build and was not in the last build.
That's what it will do if the list you're playing has both music and images.  It's been that way since at least MC10.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 08:27:37 pm »

VIEW SCHEME USING AN EXPRESSION
Semicolon Delimited Library Fields are not being handled correctly when used in a View Scheme Expression.

I have created a Library Field (List, semicolon delimited) called Artists.  I have created the following expression in a view scheme.

If(IsEqual([Artists],, 1), AlbumArtist(), [Artists])

This is outputting  "artist1;artist2", so the [Artists] librbary field isn't being treated as a list.

So I get something like:

(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
Sting
Tommy;James Morrison
Vince Jones

Instead of;
(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
James Morrison
Sting
Tommy
Vince Jones

Note:  Putting "Artists" in the view without using an expression works fine, it's just when the result is returned via the expression method that it doesn't work.

THEATER VIEW    - Issues resolved; Thanks guys!

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 11:38:29 pm »

Hi,

I have two displays for my computer, a monitor and a tv screen. Theater view is on playing now (so i can see the cover art) and displayed on my tv screen. When i click on playing now on my monitor, the cover art (or any other visualization) disappears from the tv screen. Then, if i click back on audio or media library (on the monitor), the cover art (or any other visualization) gets back on the tv screen, but somewhere in the top left corner, thus hiding what is playing now.

Media Center Registered 11.0.235 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4040B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA UJDD420            Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

helpme

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 02:17:01 am »

I reported this ripping problem in previous builds but have not had any new Cd's for a while.

Ripping from CD configured to rip and encode to MP3 as seperate processes.

First CD ejects with 12 tracks ripped and 9 encoded.

Put second CD in and MC starts ripping and encoding from the second CD.

3 Tracks ripped but not encoded from the first CD never get encoded or appear in MC.

System Info: -

Media Center Registered 11.0.235 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3197 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 440 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-851S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Please let me know if there is anything else I can tell you.

Stephen

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Menubar Popup- Media Center 11.0.235
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 08:32:59 am »

The display bar pops up through other apps.

MC is open and in Playing Now.
I have Firefox open and in focus right now.
If I move the mouse inside Firefox, I see the display toolbar popup.

Only does this if the mouse is in the area that the playing now display would be if MC had focus.

I'd still like to move those options into a normal menu. Or at least make the user right click to activate the menu.

Sometimes cute/flashy is just annoying after the 'Gee' factor wears off.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 11:26:27 am »

In Playing Now I cannot drag & drop files anymore to re-arrange the sequence
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 12:58:04 pm »

The installer, and the program itself forces association with "Audio Playlists (m3u,pls,xpl,bpl)".  No matter how many times I deselect Audio Playlists, MC still takes ownership of these files.

Problem with reloading Smartlists - steps to reproduce:
1.  Double click a Smartlist to start playing it
2.  Double click the Smartlist again (to reload it) and it doesn't reload.  It just restarts playing the first file.
3.  Change to a different tree node (like Audio or Library Viewer)
4.  Double click on the Smartlist that is playing and it will reload

Similarly:
mjextman.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=/(path to Smartlist) will not reload the Smartlist *unless* you change to a different tree node before issuing the command.  If you issue this command without changing tree nodes, it will just restart the first song.

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 03:36:29 pm »

Batch covert from .ape to MP3 causes MC11 to exit.

Even track by track causes an exit most times.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 06:27:17 pm »

Problem with reloading Smartlists - steps to reproduce:
1.  Double click a Smartlist to start playing it
2.  Double click the Smartlist again (to reload it) and it doesn't reload.  It just restarts playing the first file.
3.  Change to a different tree node (like Audio or Library Viewer)
4.  Double click on the Smartlist that is playing and it will reload

This is by design.  Otherwise play and other menu commands would operate on some unknown set of files.  You can press F5 to re-run a smartlist.

Similarly:
mjextman.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=/(path to Smartlist) will not reload the Smartlist *unless* you change to a different tree node before issuing the command.  If you issue this command without changing tree nodes, it will just restart the first song.

Agreed -- this should probably get a fresh set of files each time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 10:02:27 pm »

"Rename Files From Properties" doesn't seem to do anything in this build. Tried mp3 and ogg files...

Cheers
Rob

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 11:24:42 pm »

Sorry, got a bit too excited about the Theater View fixes:

When in Playing Now view and you press "Toggle Zone" the information at the bottom updates for cover art, but the track listing doesn't update,  You have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  Both should update together.

I since also found that some of the visualizations I have tried (like the spectrum Analyzer ones) don't seem to update with a toggle zone either.

Also could I suggest that the green "Play" symbol that shows the current track should change to a "paused" or "Stopped" symbol depending on the current state.  Having a green "Play" symbol when the track is paused or stopeed is a bit confusing for users.

Cheers
Richard

helpme

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 03:25:34 am »

I still have a problem with the line-in recording

Recording works fine with other programs including MC10

Recording to uncompressed WAV files failes unless I have the encode & rip option checked.

If I leave this option unchecked then MC crashes almost as soon as recording starts.

Recording to MP3 or WMV without encode and rip option checked gives me a crash when the encoding of the track starts.

once during all my testing there was a strange error message which lead me to think the problem was with the opening of the new file. The destination directory is set to a temp directory which gets created artist/album but nothing gets created in this directory.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can check that may help

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 08:16:22 am »

"Replace & Play" from Explorer not working properly:

If MC is not running, right-clicking a folder (of MP3s), selecting Media Center->Replace & Play opens MC but does not Replace and Play. It does one of two things: If there is a playlist already it deletes all but the track last playing before MC was exited then does nothing; or, if there was no existing playlist it does nothing.

This happens (at minimum) when:
"Automatically import files into Media Library" is turned OFF
and
The folder I want to play is not currently in the library.

If MC is already open the function works as expected.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 08:51:59 am »

"Replace & Play" from Explorer not working properly:

If MC is not running, right-clicking a folder (of MP3s), selecting Media Center->Replace & Play opens MC but does not Replace and Play.

I think this applies to right-click import too. I have tried this only once, but I had to right-click import again after MC was started.

I can confirm.

I can 'drag & drop' but it is near impossible to be accurate as to where exactly they get dropped . . . . the phantom image of the files does not coincide with the mouse pointer's position, and the files seem to be dropped somewhere between the two.

Can you really drag files inside Playing Now using build 235?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 09:44:05 am »

Likewise. Just get the circle w/ line through

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 10:42:19 am »

I can 'drag & drop' but it is near impossible to be accurate as to where exactly they get dropped . . . . the phantom image of the files does not coincide with the mouse pointer's position, and the files seem to be dropped somewhere between the two.

Drag and drop indeed was inaccurate in 234. The drop was not following a grid. In MC10 it was very clearly pointed out where the file was going to be inserted.
Now you can not move anything!!?

I also found that it is not possible to move a song between 2 views, even without a filter being active!!  :-[

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

lOth

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 10:47:46 am »

Can you really drag files inside Playing Now using build 235?

No. I can confirm that this is broken in 235. You can still drag to playing now, but not inside.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 11:57:44 am »

No. I can confirm that this is broken in 235. You can still drag to playing now, but not inside.

I have double-checked dragging between views: from library browser to playing now > does not work.
Then I checked dragging a file from a playlist to the view holding playing now > does not work.
If you activate playing now in an action window the dragging and dropping works!!
In this action window it is also possible to drag whitin playing now, but in a very inaccurate way.
It is possible to drag a song from the main view holding playing now to the playing now list in an action window.

Peter

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 12:52:14 pm »

The 'Next' and 'Previous' track buttons only work when playing songs.
As far as I now in MC 10 it was possible to go the next song whn MC was not playing.

Peter

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 02:21:46 pm »

I thought I lost the '+' and '-' signs opening or collapsing the directories in the explorer part on the left.
After a while I found out that they were there, but I could not see them. The reason is that I am using the Pixos skin with Skin Effect 'Negative'.
Without the 'negative' effect the '+' and '-' signs are black surrounded by a black box. The problem is that these do NOT change color when going to the 'negative' effect. The result is black on black.
It would be nice if you could fix that.
Peter

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 02:41:10 pm »

How do you change treenodes? I have this exact problem and only now Matt has acknowledged that it exists... :'( I am looking for a workaround until it gets fixed.

You are still doing a great job, Matt & Team! :D

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 02:53:56 pm »

How do you change treenodes?

Programmatically?  I don't know.  I was doing it manually inside the MC window just to test my hypothesis.

I'm not sure I understand this:
This is by design.  Otherwise play and other menu commands would operate on some unknown set of files.  You can press F5 to re-run a smartlist.

But, it's not really important to me that this is changed.  The change I am interested in is that mjextman.exe /PlayReplace actually refires the Smartlist, which is what Matt said should happen.

Thanks Matt for looking into it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up