INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post ripping report...  (Read 1611 times)

BigDogues

• Recent member
Post ripping report...
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:24:59 am »

I am sure that I should have asked this before I went and ripped a hundred CDs but... Is there a way to get a list of tracks that have questionable data after the ripping is complete? I know that the log shows up if you rip one CD and then close but I kept on inserting new CD after new CD. Now I would like to see if I can replace the bad rips. Is there a field that can be added to the grid to show data quality? I was ripping in secure mode into APE. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Phil

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Post ripping report...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 09:12:11 am »

Are you using MC11? Doesn't the "Auto-create log file in secure rip mode" option work? It's in the advanced ripping options.

If it doesn't work you should report that in the bug thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BigDogues

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:42:36 am »

Yes, I'm using MC11. Like I said it does display a log after you rip one CD and close. However I unwittingly ripped about a hundred CDs (just a little over zealous) and now I am trying to find a way to show all the questionable tracks. Is the log stored somewhere? If so where?
Also note, I believe that if you rip more than one CD at a time the log only shows data for the last CD ripped.
-Phil

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 08:19:21 am »

"Auto-create log file in Secure ripping mode" in Advanced Ripping Options should create log files on the HD besides the music files. Apparently the function is buggy. I posted this bug report:

Topic: Media Center 11.0.240 Beta Available
When several CDs are ripped one after another and the option "Insert another CD / Click here to restart ripping" is used a log file is created only for the last CD.

"Secure" mode and "Auto-create log file in secure ripping mode" are enabled.

Also, the log files are named oddly. MC uses the name of the last track instead of the album name.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BigDogues

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 08:44:47 am »

Perhaps I am not making myself clear.  ::)

How do I access the logs?

Thanks,
Phil

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 08:54:38 am »

They are ordinary text files that are saved in your ripping folders.

They are named (oddly) like this log I just got after ripping several CD singles: "03 - Domino Dancing (Alternative Mix).log".

Because of the bug I got a log only for the last disc.

You can use e.g. Notepad for reading them.

BigDogues

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:30 am »

Ah ha!
Thanks!  ;D
Bummer about the lack of logs for all the other disks though.  :'(
It would be cool if there was a way to add a "rip quality" column to the library. Then you could organize by quality and delete or repair/replace bad rips.
Oh well, just a thought.
-Phil

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 12:21:25 pm »

There is a bug in the secure ripping log feature that has existed since MC10.  I have posted it a few times but it never seems to get addressed. 

I think the suggestion of adding a rip quality tag is brilliant and would get around the bug quite nicely.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 01:00:08 pm »

I hope they will do it right this time.

Besides, this one should be very easy to fix. It needs just some tweaking in the internal order of things and another small fix in the part that picks up the name.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 01:14:36 pm »

It would be cool if there was a way to add a "rip quality" column to the library. Then you could organize by quality and delete or repair/replace bad rips.

I think the suggestion of adding a rip quality tag is brilliant and would get around the bug quite nicely.

You could ask for it when the next alpha version comes available. (11.1a, 12.0a, ?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up