INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.247 Release Candidate  (Read 10241 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.247 Release Candidate
« on: April 22, 2005, 03:11:36 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110247.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.247 (4/22/05)

1. Fixed: When starting 3D visualizations, sometimes the last active visualization would be loaded instead of the visualization that was selected.
2. Fixed: Multiple media libraries could fight over the same thumbnail directory. (need to load each library with write permissions and delete thumbnails to repair)
3. Fixed: Options dialog would not size properly on systems with larger than normal DPI settings.
4. Fixed: Analyze Audio was not working.
5. Fixed: iPod last played count updating was not correct.
6. Fixed: Right click portable action window option to clear list now works.
7. Fixed: Portable action window was not updating the available space correctly when queued tracks were removed.
8. Fixed: When using the search control menu with the mouse in a down-move-up manner instead of a click-move-click manner, some problems could arise.
9. Fixed: Theater View could require two "Back" commands in some cases to get out of a level.

11.0.246 (4/21/05)

1. Changed: Media Center will use the proper language-specific "My Music", "My Videos", etc. folders instead of always defaulting to English.
2. Fixed: List-type expressions would not work properly when only one value was in the list.
3. Changed: Expressions default to non list style.
4. Changed: Enter keyboard shortcut to return from Full Screen View works again.
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler leaked resources when doing TV recording.
6. Fixed: Longfilename support for iPod.
7. Fixed: WMDM device sub root tree item file tag reporting.
8. Fixed: Incorrect last played data for iPod and subsequent error synching Play Count.
9. Changed: simple transcoding skip support added to UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Handhelds.
10. Changed: 'Sync All' for portables will only send audio content.
11. Changed: Warning for attempt to playback files that exceed quicktime's 64 character filename limit.
12.  New: Media Scheduler displays recording status text during TV recording.
13. Fixed: Some systems could display an error message when accessing file associations.
14. Changed: Media Center will no longer attempt to play files with filenames over 64 characters with the QuickTime engine. (since QuickTime doesn't support this)

11.0.245 (4/20/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell player support which was broken in yesterday's build, readded. This included media type compatibility
2. Fixed: Ipod long filename with duplicate paths of first 50 characters overwriting fixed.
3. Fixed: Audible bookmarks would not load properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: 244 introduced a bug that would delete rated iPod files during auto sync. This is resolved.
5. Fixed: Portable Action Window available space refresh after sync.
6. Changed: Removed/corrected some outdated/incorrect entries in "Command Shortcuts" in Media Scheduler.
7. Fixed: Audio CD's would burn with cross fading in some cases even if the option was not selected.
8. Fixed: "Close disk" option was showing up on both audio and data CD burning options pages (should just be data).
9. NEW: Database expressions handled list type fields.
10. Changed: Database expressions used in view schemes will default to list-style. (override by adding &DataType=[...] to the expression)

11.0.244 (4/19/05)

1. Changed: Options dialog loads pages on demand instead of all at once for faster access.
2. Changed: Portables now return MediaType information.
3. Fixed: Media Scheduler could use the wrong name in some cases.
4. Fixed: Media Scheduler used wrong registry paths for settings.
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "TV channels" list was empty for TV recording.
6. Changed: Media Scheduler no longer needs an output file path for TV recording. Now daily recordings of soap opera would not overwrite each other.
7. Fixed: "Enable Task Scheduler" would be checked on Media Scheduler startup even if it was unchecked previously.
8. Fixed: Theater View page up / page down would not always work as expected.
9. Changed: The switch from Theater View to fullscreen looks smoother.
10. Changed: Theater View's picture-in-picture uses a black background when no display is loaded. (instead of the skins color)
11. Changed: Control bars will no longer appear on Theater View's picture-in-picture.
12. NEW: Included new skin: Aruba. (note: still in development)
13. Fixed: The right edge of some skin items would not draw properly when being shrunk.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.247 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 03:39:59 pm »

Cue import with these builds was the cue import of still ok, 184, 188, 196

Library now has 7 files. Search and update took 0:00.

Imported 0 new files.
Fixed 4 broken links. (4 fixed, 0 removed)
Updated 4 files that had external changes.
(No new files are present correctly there also none are found)

Starting from this Builds each cue TRACK is again and again imported, 198, 199, 200, 233, 245, 246, 247 I test further!

Library now has 15 files. Search and update took 0:01.

Imported 4 new files.
Updated 8 files that had external changes.

(Wrongly available files are again and again again imported)

This problem is thus still present, I thought it would be repaired at the latest with the RC version! Please fix it !
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 03:57:28 pm »

With build 11.0.247 when watching TV and switching to full screen mode through doubleclick or right click and choose full screen view, the screen turns black. When I move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen the top and bottombar appear but there is no display at all. When I then try to switch back to standard view through doubleclick or right click and choose standard view, the standard view screen is partly build up very slow and then nothing happens. I then have to stop MC through the taskmanager. With earlier builds there was no problem.

A day without laughing is a day without living

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »

This Bug exists still

thank you so much, that the search now uses language.txt 
if you add the my music (and so on...) folders to the "search" they are in englisch.
it would also be cool if it searches the folder my videos, since many programms save ffiles there.

Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

UnknownID

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 05:12:44 pm »

4. Fixed: Analyze Audio was not working.

Thanks for the fix!

UnknownID

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 05:27:08 pm »

Burning bug still exists

So I have a normal audio CD from 19 titles burned with 16x, and starting from title the CD of jumps and misfires have 17

Nero Burning Rome and Windows Mediaplayer burn these files perfectly thus are audio CD fuel function in the mc11 defectively!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 08:11:27 pm »

DVD Bookmarking

When MC resumes DVD playback, it plays about one second's worth from the very start of the dvd before it resumes from the last bookmark point. Unfortunately, there is a sharp burst of audio accompanying this one second from the beginning of the dvd which is unpleasant.

Any audio should be muted until playback resumes from where it's supposed to. Older builds of MC were handling this correctly.

I'm using the SP/DIF-out of my soundblaster Audigy sound card and Power DVD codecs.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 08:40:24 pm »

When trying to fill in file tags and I need to write é, á, etc by typing:
<alt> 130, <alt> 160, etc. the focus of the cursor jumps out of the file attribute window (which closes) and lands on "playing now."

If this is not a bug, how do you type these characters? (This was not a problem in MC10)

Thank you,

John

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 11:20:55 pm »

Skip conversion of same file type is working fine.
I like the new options on it and the way they are presented.

Thanks!

Qazamko

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 03:12:21 am »

Fix from Media Center 11.0.246: 14. Changed: Media Center will no longer attempt to play files with filenames over 64 characters with the QuickTime engine. (since QuickTime doesn't support this)

Wrong - Media Center will no longer play mp4-files with filenames over 17 characters, files that were supported in earlier versions of Media Center 11.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 05:00:44 am »

Old bug with the visualisations window is back:

shift click on the full screen display window and it minimizes instead of going to window view.  It can only be restored back to full screen view (not windowed view).

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:45 am »

When my Creative player is detected none of the songs are listed in the window. I can see that they are there based on the file total and the small file icon but none of the tag info. is visisble.

This was working fine is past versions.

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 07:14:08 am »

forgive my ignorance here

Are the 'track info tool tips' the floating yellow boxes over the tracks that follow the mouse around, and contain the track title, image, type, album etc?

If so are these the same as are controlled by the options Tree & View > Show track info tooltips ?

If so, I cannot seem to turn them off. They alwys seem to appear regardless of the tickbox setting.

edbro

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 08:13:27 am »

The Help button on the Handheld Options page does nothing.

Skip conversion of same file type is working fine.
I like the new options on it and the way they are presented.
Is "Convert as necessary" the same as the older "skip same file type"? Or, is there more functionality there? What is "necessary"? I am hoping that it will convert same filetypes if the bit rate is different than the desired target but skip otherwise.

Mecki

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 08:26:28 am »

When my Creative player is detected none of the songs are listed in the window. I can see that they are there based on the file total and the small file icon but none of the tag info. is visisble.

It's just the same for my Nomad Zen Xtra

UnknownID

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 10:49:04 am »

Zen Users:
Make sure you have the latest plugin for MC (v11.0.21)

Make sure your handheld is not plugged in then...
1. Go to Tools > Plugin Manager
2. Select Handheld > Nomad Jukebox
3. Click Uninstall
4. Connect the handheld and MC will automatically add the plugin for your device.

UnknownID

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 11:02:18 am »

Necrosis

• Recent member
  • Ogg Rules
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 12:25:06 pm »

I've been using MJ8 up until I realized it wouldn't work /w my new Zen Micro.  However, read around the forums, and found out 11 does work it.  I need it to transcode my ogg files.  The download seems to be missing, any idea when it'll be back up?
I will face my fear...fear is the mind killer...I will let it pass through me.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 12:29:38 pm »

It's in this thread and the link works. I tried it. Read the first post again.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 12:37:09 pm »

MC does not react any longer after that a Smarliste already provided clicks!  In Build 246 it functions again.

Ok that was my error around this Cue import error to limit I some old versions had installed, and build 196 which this import error sees above, has probably the smartlisten does not make destroyed because it this function in this build yet did not give.

I am first times back on build 246, for a RC am 247 a very bad Build find I.

Necrosis

• Recent member
  • Ogg Rules
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 12:42:54 pm »

It's in this thread and the link works. I tried it. Read the first post again.

Yeah I did read the first post. However, it's still not working for me.  I knew I should of downloaded it last night. Oh well I'l just wait it's probably just a DNS issue.
I will face my fear...fear is the mind killer...I will let it pass through me.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 01:41:48 pm »

Yeah I did read the first post. However, it's still not working for me.  I knew I should of downloaded it last night. Oh well I'l just wait it's probably just a DNS issue.
Try http instead:

http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110247.exe

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 02:15:34 pm »

One annoying thing, well a little anyway.

Whenever I change anything in a smartlist, I have to click outside of the smartlist window (like on the tree) and MC shows a dropdown for the smartlist options, then if I click anything else it THEN asks me if I want to save changes to the smartlist.

Can this be fixed?
pretend this is something funny

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 02:30:30 pm »

This was working fine is past versions.

Actually, it was in the last version too, I just forgot to report it when I was listing the other bugs.

BTW, the bugs I mentioned in the last version are now fixed, great job guys.

-EDIT-

Something else i thought I'd mention. This has been happening for quite some time, I just never thought of it as a bug. When using the "Rename Files from Properties" tool, after MC does all of its renaming, it will not delete the unused folders until you click something else on the list thus unselecting the selection that was renamed. This is a problem because sometimes, a selection gets highlighted, then the rename tool is used, and then MC is closed. If the person doesnt deselect the renamed selection before closing MC, then all of those old folders are left sitting empty in their origianal location. Perhaps this could be fixed so that the "Remove Empty Folders" dialog pops up as soon as the last file is renamed (As I am sure this is what you guys meant to happen in the first place).
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

SteveG

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 03:04:42 pm »

Qazamko,

Can you give an example of the full filename of the mp4 that is not playing?

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 03:09:13 pm »

Jared and BigDog,

Please follow UnknownID's suggestion above and post if it does not solve things.

Thanks,

Steve

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 03:37:58 pm »

Just a reminder:
I think you should fix download manager before release. Curently it crashes after every download witch makes it unusable. This is reported several months ago.

UnknownID

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 03:50:27 pm »

Just a reminder:
I think you should fix download manager before release. Curently it crashes after every download witch makes it unusable. This is reported several months ago.

I can confirm that this happens as well (on Windows 2000 and Windows XP if that matters)

UnknownID

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 05:02:23 pm »

I am having problems playing aac files too.

The name of the file is:

08 - 32-20 Blues.m4a

but media center brings up an error about not being able to play files of greater than 64 characters.

BardMaster

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 11:37:46 pm »

Media Editor still will not allow you to encode in ANYTHING.

Otherwise looking very good. :(

Qazamko

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 01:55:58 am »

Steve, here are some examples of files that won't play:

Ana Johnsson - We Are.mp4
Anastacia - Sick And Tired.mp4
Brandy - Afrodisiac.mp4
John Legend - Used To Love U.mp4
Anastacia - Rearview.m4a
Usher - Confessions.m4a

Fact is that most mp4 and m4a files won't play in this release but they all worked fine in 11.0.245.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 03:17:05 am »

On my PC QT does not include path in the AAC filename length restriction, MC does.

QuickTime 6.5.2 Behavior:
Any path ok, filename without extension must be 59 characters or less.
Filename (no ext)  < 60 chars == QT ok
Filename (no ext)  > 59 chars == QT no play

Media Center .247 Behavior:
Full path + filename without extension must be 59 characters or less.
Path+Filename (no ext)  < 58 chars == MC ok
Path+Filename (no ext)  > 57 chars == MC no play

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
Split View Display bug
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 07:44:56 am »

Running 2-mode Split views, I have Artist/Album selected for the top view and one of my Smartlists selected for the bottom view.

When I change selections of Album in the top view, the image changes in the bottom view to reflect the artist of the selected album (not necessarily the album).  The artist/album selection may or may not be in the Smartlist.

Aren't the split views supposed to be "independent' of each other regarding the display?

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.0.247 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2385 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 171 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 08:48:18 am »

Hi,

During the last two beta updates, when I start MC11 I always get the following message:"You have attempted to transfer more music than can fit on your device. Your device is 16,9 GB over capacity. Please remove tracks until you are within the available space limit."
I never had any handheld device connected, as a matter of fact I don;t even have one. This message is pretty annoying and every time I have to click OK to make it go away.

geoptin

Media Center Registered 11.0.247 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2367 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 681 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-708A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
geoptin

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 09:13:47 am »

During the last two beta updates, when I start MC11 I always get the following message:"You have attempted to transfer more music than can fit on your device. Your device is 16,9 GB over capacity. Please remove tracks until you are within the available space limit."
I never had any handheld device connected, as a matter of fact I don;t even have one. This message is pretty annoying and every time I have to click OK to make it go away.
Go to Tools/Options/Handhelds and choose the option to redetect devices.

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
Problems with Zen Micro track #s in RC 11.0.247
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 11:54:48 am »

When I transfer files to my Zen Micro (Firmware 1.02.05, the latest non-MTP), track numbers are changed. It seems to happen whenever do a format conversion to WMA when transfering.

For example:
Original:
1 -  ... & On
2 - A.D. 2000
3- Bag Lady
4- Booty
5- Cleva

New:
52 -  ... & On
57 - A.D. 2000
49- Bag Lady
55- Booty
53- Cleva

Alternatively, if I'm using Firmware 2.11.02 (latest MTB version), Track #s dissapear completely, and all album tracks appear in alphabetical order. This happens whether or not I convert formats when I transfer.
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

WickedEwok

• Recent member
  • Software Architect
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 02:09:35 pm »

I'm not sure I can speculate why, but I think the .tlb file is named internally "Media Jukebox.tlb". I can't reference "MediaCenter.tlb" in my .NET plugin, but if I copy and rename it to "Media Jukebox.tlb" it loads fine. This was only apparent when I attempted to use the new GetMixer method in zones (it wouldn't take it until I copied as mentioned above.

So I believe this is a problem with the .tlb file installed with 11.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2005, 03:01:25 pm »

some stringe are not taken from the language.txt file anymore, since the last build. why is that, an excample is: "burning options"

Ps. Unfortunate that so far yet all text strings were not given to English
text out. A translation makes more difficult only unnecessarily

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Analyze audio error?
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2005, 06:58:29 pm »

When I left it to run overnight analyzing files I found it hung after only a few hundred (out of over 3500 tracks)

The modal error dialog was:

The last several files have caused errors.  Processing as been halted.

I went into the Debug options and turned on the logging and quit the app.  Now the Media Center.exe application crashes on starting. 

So now I have TWO problems, one is that MC11 won't restart and the other is the analysis problem.  Is there a way to tweak things manually so MC11 will at least restart?

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Plus features error
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2005, 07:30:43 pm »

First off, what are Plus Features?

Pulling down the help menu and selecting it throws up an error dialog that says: "http://jrmediacenter.com not found"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2005, 09:22:35 pm »

On my PC QT does not include path in the AAC filename length restriction, MC does.

QuickTime 6.5.2 Behavior:
Any path ok, filename without extension must be 59 characters or less.
Filename (no ext)  < 60 chars == QT ok
Filename (no ext)  > 59 chars == QT no play

Media Center .247 Behavior:
Full path + filename without extension must be 59 characters or less.
Path+Filename (no ext)  < 58 chars == MC ok
Path+Filename (no ext)  > 57 chars == MC no play

Thanks for the details.  We'll shore this up with the next build.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Analyze audio error?
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 09:24:42 pm »

When I left it to run overnight analyzing files I found it hung after only a few hundred (out of over 3500 tracks)

The modal error dialog was:

The last several files have caused errors.  Processing as been halted.

I went into the Debug options and turned on the logging and quit the app.  Now the Media Center.exe application crashes on starting. 

So now I have TWO problems, one is that MC11 won't restart and the other is the analysis problem.  Is there a way to tweak things manually so MC11 will at least restart?

Erase this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Debug

It may be helpful to check the log first to see if it has a clue about why MC won't start with logging enabled.  We've never heard this before.

Hildy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 11:12:58 pm »

I'm not sure if you'll see the bug that I've encountered in MC 11.0.247 as my comments aren't directly under this thread so I'm adding a link since this is a release candidate and I'm sure you want to get this puppy out the door without any major issues!

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23825.msg188730#msg188730

The crash is essentially a result of adding too many large files to a library, I'm pretty sure it occurs during the, "Adding files to Library" step.  I've found a work around that involves adding a few files at a time.

Great software, congratulations I look forward to your official release!

bombtrack

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2005, 07:34:19 am »

when switches the 3D visualisation (that uses the album cover) in MC11 it crashes badly :(

http://unattended-sponsor.de/error.png

i am running windows xp 64bit (RTM) and plan on keeping this operating system running, would be very sad if i would have to stop using the visualisation in MC11.

PS: the first time i tried starting the 3d visalisation it showed the cover. now it only shows a white "field" where the cover should be, and then it crashes. sometimes with that error, and sometimes its just crashes and is "gone"

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 07:41:01 am »

When MC is in the middle of a song  and i click the previous button it doesn't go to the previous song but instead skip somewhere else in the same song.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2005, 07:46:38 am »

When MC is in the middle of a song  and i click the previous button it doesn't go to the previous song but instead skip somewhere else in the same song.

Look under: Options > General > Hardware style previous button (or similar)

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2005, 08:11:04 am »

Okay, that seems to work fine now but if instead i slide the position slider back to the beginning of the bar, it seems as if MC is skipping further ahead instead of bringing me back to the beginning of the song...

UnknownID

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 10:42:46 am »

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, so I may be repeating something here.

On the Encoding options > "File Conversion" I originally had the settings to use Lossless. I changed this option under the Advanced area from Lossless to Variable Extreme. Now I cannot reopen the Advanced area; Windows throws up an error report and MC quits.

As a note I have WindowsXP SP2 and WMP10 (I upgraded to WMP10 before I installed MC on my new machine)

Let me know if there is any other information I should provide.

UnknownID

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 12:01:26 pm »

Whacking the debug values out of the registry seems to have allowed it to successfully load.  Meanwhile, does the audio analyzer have trouble with long pathnames?  One track that causes it to fail is:

"\\t2\media\mp3\music\Astrud Gilberto\the Diva Series\Astrud Gilberto - 01 - Agua de Beber - the Diva Series.mp3"

All files are on a UNC share that is not mounted as a drive letter (and will never be).  Moving that track to a shorter path but keeping the same track name seems to allow MC11 to successfully analyze it. 

This is worrisome, I have a LOT of tracks in long pathnames that work quite well in other programs that need to use this hierarchy of files.  What's up with MC11 here?

Oddly, creating a new path with exactly the same length worked.  That is, I made another album folder with exactly the same number of letters (with spaces at the same place) and moved the audio track.  I imported the folder, analyzed and it worked.  I deleted teh original folder, having moved the tracks to a new folder, removed the old folder rom MC11, renamed the new older and re-imported it back into MC11. 

Hmmm, I'd wonder if there were unicode characters involved..  Is there a problem with MC and dealing with not only long pathnames but unicode chars?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 12:26:46 pm »

Whacking the debug values out of the registry seems to have allowed it to successfully load.  Meanwhile, does the audio analyzer have trouble with long pathnames?  One track that causes it to fail is:

"\\t2\media\mp3\music\Astrud Gilberto\the Diva Series\Astrud Gilberto - 01 - Agua de Beber - the Diva Series.mp3"

All files are on a UNC share that is not mounted as a drive letter (and will never be).  Moving that track to a shorter path but keeping the same track name seems to allow MC11 to successfully analyze it. 

This is worrisome, I have a LOT of tracks in long pathnames that work quite well in other programs that need to use this hierarchy of files.  What's up with MC11 here?

Oddly, creating a new path with exactly the same length worked.  That is, I made another album folder with exactly the same number of letters (with spaces at the same place) and moved the audio track.  I imported the folder, analyzed and it worked.  I deleted teh original folder, having moved the tracks to a new folder, removed the old folder rom MC11, renamed the new older and re-imported it back into MC11. 

Hmmm, I'd wonder if there were unicode characters involved..  Is there a problem with MC and dealing with not only long pathnames but unicode chars?

I'm guessing this is an NTFS permissions problem with the network.  I had similar woes at home and after lots of searching found this to be the issue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up