INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about Favorites  (Read 972 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
A couple of questions about Favorites
« on: May 27, 2005, 12:45:47 pm »

I've just started playing around with the Navigation -> Favorites area of Media Center.  It's useful, though there are a few things which I don't quite understand.

Is there a way, an option, to allow you to execute a favorite smartlist automatically, instead of just being taken to the smartlist ?  I'd like to use Favorites as a launch point for my favorite smartlists, not really to edit them.  I can see the usefulness of going to the smartlist, but I'd love an option for automatic execution.

Also, I noticed that if the name of the Smartlist linked to Favorites in changed, in any way, the link no longer works ?  Is it possible to check the Favorites during the renaming process and update the links.  Smartlists update when filenames are changed within MC, so I wouldn't think this would be too difficult.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A couple of questions about Favorites
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 01:07:37 pm »

MC's navigational favourites is a really handy feature, but has the potential to be a little confusing.
You can't currently automagically launch a list using the favourites system, you can achieve this via the command line though.
I started a thread on this subject a while back...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25674.0

Favourites are still pretty useful, you just need to be a little creative when you name them so that you know what's what. Using seperators can be helpful too.

-marko.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 01:11:50 pm »

Thanks for the help and the link.

I've been assuming it operated similarly to web browser Favorites, and that could be the problem.  The intended purpose of the Favorites system in MC11 seems to be different, though.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:07:20 pm »

Anything in the tree can be added to Favotites simply by right clicking over the object and choosing: navigation>add to favorites.

If you add the favorites' button to the tool bar and then click on it , the menu will list the favorites you have added and there is also an option to organize the listing.

In addition to playlists, I have also added Library Browser (toolbar button PLEASE!) to the top of the list so I can access this without having to open the tree.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up