INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.286 Release Candidate  (Read 5893 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.286 Release Candidate
« on: June 08, 2005, 05:16:40 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST:
Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.   END

Media Center 11 is available here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110286.exe

11.0.286 (6/8/05)

1. Fixed: When starting a mixed playlist (images and audio) from Theater View and then switching views, image playback could be replaced by another display type.
2. Fixed: MC 11 could use MC 10's mime handler. (causing mime handling bugs or crashes during installation)
3. Fixed: Some invalid MPC files would report a very long length -- causing playback and analyzer problems.
4. Fixed: Minor typo in Audible machine activation dialog.
5. Changed: Installer more strongly recommends uninstall of MC 10. (recommended for best performance and stability)
6. Changed: Added workaround to play streams on Streamium and other UPnP devices.
7. Changed: Drop of playlists on Portable Devices in the tree will open the MC AW.
8. Fixed: Importing MPL playlists that pointed to CUE files would not work properly.
9. NEW: Added more flexibility for how cover art -- art can now be stored next to the files on disk.
10. Fixed: Several pieces (associations, shell extensions, etc.) would not work as expected on W2K. (due to the 15 character process name limit)
11. Fixed: With 'store cover art inside files' unselected, MC would remove internal cover art on any tag change. (now only removes on 'Remove Cover Art' / 'Remove Tags' commands)
12. Fixed: When switching to Standard View from another View the TV image was not properly resized.
13. Changed: The Estimate Stream Length option is no longer needed.
14. Fixed: Some Action Window tooltips could appear while a right-click menu was showing.
15. Changed: Portable Device detection and handshake with MC. Devices that enumerate themselves multiple times are handled smoothly.
16. Fixed: With some skins loaded, MC could not properly close its options dialog.

11.0.285 (6/6/05)

1. Changed: The YADB multiple result dialog now allows scrolling for long results.
2. Added: Functionality for one time Audible device (computer) activation when playing Audible files for the first time.
3. Changed: WMDM and MTP interfaces for MC updated and optimized.
4. Changed: Several internal architecture updates. (removed JROptionsHelper, changed tool loading / installing, etc.)

11.0.283 (6/3/05)

1. Changed: MC better copes with alpha transparency in a skin's combobox drop button.
2. Fixed: Image editor had a non-function "Help" button in its menu.
3. Fixed: When nothing was playing while in Windowed View, clicking the system tray icon wouldn't bring the window to the front.
4. Changed: Clicking the system tray icon while in Windowed View of Mini View will toggle between showing and hidding the view. (like Standard View)
5. Fixed: Winamp 2.x style skins could cause the minimize to system tray icon setting to be toggled.
6. Fixed: A few of the help links in Options were not working properly.
7. Changed: Removed experimental DVD decoder selection box from properties dialog.
8. Fixed: Encoder options "Normalize Before" percentage was not being filled correctly.
9. Fixed: Media Center would fail to properly shutdown in some cases.
10. Fixed: Right-clicking in the panes on a new item could cancel the menu with some Action Window pages visible.

11.0.282 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell auto plugin installation was not updating to the correct version.
2. Fixed: A non-functional "Download" item would appear on the tree following a service file download.

11.0.281 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Package installer / check for updates would not always appear skinned.
2. Fixed: Remote drive configuration edit would not remember playlist file base path.
3. Changed: If tags are updated from a portable device, the tag writing will occur as soon as the library is updated.
4. Fixed: Audible tracks were not getting imported (and played) following a successful download.
5. Changed: "Rename From Info" would not allow an empty directory rule to be saved.
6. Fixed: When a rip downloaded cover art, it could overwrite images from a previous rip that were set manually during the same session.
7. Fixed: MP3 encoder download would occasionally get stuck in a loop.
8. Fixed: When resetting the handheld devices, MC would not show newly found devices in some areas until the program was restarted.
9. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a handheld view could delete the physical file in some cases.
10. Fixed: Importing a playlist of internet images would download each image, causing a big slowdown.
11. NEW: Updated image editor artwork.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.0.286 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:19:07 pm »

NOTES

PSP support is disabled this build.  It will return next build.

Also, explore "Options > File Location > Track Images Location" and play with the new cover art system.  Let us know if you encounter any problems.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:56:35 pm »

After you reset handhelds it says it will close the options dialog.  It does not anymore.  FYI

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:17:39 pm »

great work!
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 07:21:09 pm »

After you reset handhelds it says it will close the options dialog.  It does not anymore.  FYI

i can confirm this, the dialogue window does not close any longer automatically
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

benrad

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 08:39:17 pm »

All handhelds that I've configured as a "remote drive" appear in the tree now. They would normally only appear if that particular handheld was attached.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 11:12:27 pm »

When I have MC in Playing Now and another app has focus (on top of MC), I can see the PN menu bar pop up and down whenever the mouse is over the area of the PN window.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 11:30:00 pm »

still MC show up error in some attemps to play streming files like the ones from last.fm
Tamer

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 12:21:28 am »

I'm impressed how quickly you turn these releases around.  Anyway, this bug is still around.

1. Under Library tools/Convert Format/Convertor Settings. 
2. Enable location. 
3. Browse to somewhere, then press "Make New Folder".
4. Type in name of new folder.
5. Note that the path name at the top of the dialog box still says "New Folder", even after creating the new name.  if you leave it as is, it will actually store files in the folder named "New Folder", not the one you just created.
6. A simple work-around is once the directory is created, select a different directory and then go back to the newly created directory and all is fine again.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 12:40:56 am »

MC is very slow in behavior while tranfearing medioa to handhelds through action window
Tamer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 07:16:02 am »

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 07:26:43 am »

Two (very) minor issues regarding the "Search" field:

1. Start by typing a search crit., e.g. "Artist=". Now change focus to another app, or even another part of MC. Put the cursor back into the search field. MC appears to be putting some special character after what had been previously typed which can't be deleted, and will now disregard whatever you type for your search. You have to delete what you had started and begin again. This is even more apparent with fields that MC doesn't convert (i.e., Artist= becomes boldfaced "Artist:") like "location=".

2. From Playing Now, type Ctrl+F ("Find") which takes you back to Media Library and puts your cursor in the search field. If you want to use the keyboard to go back to Playing Now (Alt+2) you can't. (Obviously this applies to any other Alt+# area of MC as well.) I tried Enter, Esc and Tab to leave the field but it appears to have a death grip on the keyboard.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 09:05:56 am »

I found a .JPG problem last night.

I was scanning photos at 1200 DPI and saving them at 100% (no compression). MC is not able to display them. If I re-save the same pictures at 95%, then MC can display them.

Michel.

ddd2mpls

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 11:54:35 am »

Still a bug in this version:

I created a series of MP3s in Itunes. I include the cover art into the Mp3s in the form of Jpg's. I then copy them to my Media Center PC and Import them using the import media command. I check and the cover art is seen, thumbnails are created perfectly by media center. I select the newly imported files as a group and choose advanced tools, analyse audio. After the process completes, the thumbnails remain but if you play one of the files the cover art is replaced by a small X in the left corner. This is a huge problem as I regularly use Itunes for encoding due to their larger Album database (another gripe I have, but will reserve for later).

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:30 pm »

Today I connected a firewire disk (which had been connected before) to my PC. It was assigned to the same drive letter as my iPod shuffle (which had also been connected before) and MC displayed a message saying something like "Your iPod shuffle has been connected for the first time. It will now be initialized. This may take some minutes". The only available option in that dialog was "Ok", there was no chance to cancel it.

I did NOT try what would happen to the contents my harddisk if I clicked Ok but instead changed the harddisk's drive letter in the management console before I clicked the button.

SteveG

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 01:45:32 pm »

Pink Waters,

As I recall, you have a WMDM device that does not appear as a removable or fixed drive to your PC. Compare the speed of a file transferring with WMDM (from the point where the transfer actually begins) to the speed of the tranfser with MC (at the point where the transfer actually starts) and see if they are close.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 01:49:07 pm »

eso,

Please clarify what you are seeing. MC does not display a message regarding iPod shuffle anywhere in the program. If you saw something regarding shuffle, it was not coming from us.

Steve

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 02:13:39 pm »

Please clarify what you are seeing. MC does not display a message regarding iPod shuffle anywhere in the program. If you saw something regarding shuffle, it was not coming from us.

I just reproduced the problem. Take a look at this screenshot (obviously a MC message box):

I don't know where MC get's the "iPod Shuffle" label from. The firewire drive's name in windows is "Firewire". Probably it has somehow been cached before when the iPod had been connected with the same drive letter. And this caching probably leeds to some confusion in MC.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 03:03:40 pm »

Please restore the MC10 functionality by which the default name of an exported playlist is the name of playlist. As it is now, the default name of exported playlist is "Audio".

Cheers,
Jeff

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 04:25:38 pm »

I've completed some testing with my girder gml and reverted to build 285 and can confirm that mc11.exe commands do not work with this build but they do work with .285.  Media Centre launcher.exe does work with this build.
JLee

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »

Please restore the MC10 functionality by which the default name of an exported playlist is the name of playlist. As it is now, the default name of exported playlist is "Audio".

Cheers,
Jeff

hm... my playlists export with the name of the playlist by default. i wonder what's happening on your system....

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 05:38:45 pm »

I've been playing with import and export of playlists as well and I don't see the behavior you describe either.  I see the playlist name.  I'm having other problems with playlists and started another thread on it.

Importing playlist m3u flakey

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »

There are still some problems related to Library Server in 286.

1. If MC can't load the library it still says it is a critical error and that the user should re-install. After that MC crashes.

2. In mini-mode the slider that shows the current position in the track is not being updated. I've only tried the Blade skin. In normal mode this is fine.

I know we're not supposed to make requests at this point in the dev cycle, so ignore this if you like. It would be really nice if Library Server supported multiple authentication accounts. Well, specifically, I'd like the ability so that some users do not update the Number of Plays and Last Played fields.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 09:11:27 pm »

One more Library Server problem...I mentioned this before for an earlier build.

If you pause a track for a long time (I'm not sure how long, but 2 mins is enough), when you unpause it it only continues for about 5 seconds and then fades into the next track. I just noticed that when you unpause the current position in the track shows a 0:00, then changes to -0:06 and then counts up to 0:00 before the switch to the next track.

Shorter pauses, 10 secs or so, do not exhibit this problem.

benrad

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 10:13:42 pm »

Actually, this has presented itself as a problem for me as well. When I attach my iPod, which appears in WinXP as drive G: and was assigned the name "Ben's iPod" in MC, MC informs me that "Kristen's iPod" needs to be initialized (the other iPod, that uses drive K:). I'm not really sure how to proceed, but I think something is broken.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2005, 05:33:26 am »

OMG, you guys... my playlist export problem where the default name of exported playlist is always "Audio" is SKIN related! It happens with the Z skin, but not with Thunderstorm for example.

Cheers,
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 06:37:38 am »

"back" isnt working properly. it used to take me back to the viewscheme with the same fields highlighted, but now it does random things, like have albums highlighted that were never highlighted before.

Also, I liked it when in the tree, you used to be able to see which playlist you were about to drop files into. it used to auto highlight.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 08:55:42 am »

At tag changes cover pictures remove from approx. 3000 mp3 files is mc terminated with an error message. that it cannot tag all files
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

SteveG

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 09:59:05 am »

benrad and eso

When you manually configure a drive (such as your iPod) and name it as a device, the drive letter is essential in establishing the handshake between MC and your device. If Ben's ipod is Drive G: (as defined in Tools->Options->Handheld->Confgure remote...), if the system detects Ben's iPod as K: it will associate the name assigned to Kristen's iPod (where Kristen's iPod has been assigned K: in MC).

In the future MC can be improved to be more aware of which device is assigned to what letter.

Steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 10:13:53 am »

Cheers,
Jeff

It uses the name of the selected tree item as the default.

UnknownID

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2005, 10:30:41 am »

I have noticed an obscure problem that seems to be within the last 10 builds or so.
Whenever I play a game on my computer that changes the screen resolution and I have MC in Mini View, returning to the desktop (exiting the game) hides the mini view skin so that it cannot be accessed. I have to close MC via the system tray and reopen it. Occasionally, after this occurrence I am unable to go back to the skin that was used (causing a Jscript error) until I switch to a different skin and then switch back. Also, if I am able to go back to the same skin the skin settings (state.xml) are reset (doesn't save position, etc and shows the default view for the skin).

This is a recent thing happening since I know for sure it worked before.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

UnknownID

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 11:12:20 am »

One more Library Server problem...I mentioned this before for an earlier build.

If you pause a track for a long time (I'm not sure how long, but 2 mins is enough), when you unpause it it only continues for about 5 seconds and then fades into the next track. I just noticed that when you unpause the current position in the track shows a 0:00, then changes to -0:06 and then counts up to 0:00 before the switch to the next track.

Shorter pauses, 10 secs or so, do not exhibit this problem.

I can't reproduce this. Please start a new thread with more details.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up