INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Is Up With Thumbnails  (Read 769 times)

carfac

• Recent member
What Is Up With Thumbnails
« on: July 05, 2005, 08:09:30 pm »

Hi:

I am very new to this program... so if I am missing something, I sure wish someone would let me know...

While I really like MC, there is one small part of it that is REALLY distressing. I have spent a LOT of time adding thumbnails, only to see them disappear the next time I open the program.

So I am in the files folder now in the Library Browser... and eacg, individual track shows the cover image in the left pane... cool. Mouse-over ALSO shows image. (Just to verify, iTunes shows the image, too).

So, now I go up one level to Albums (there are two for this artist) and I see the dummy images, no album art. The left pane just reads "inside file(s)"... Yesterday, I saw the correct images here. What's up?

So, up one more level to Artists, same deal- Placeholder image, and "inside file(s)" in left pane. NO mouseover image at all.

Now, for the TOALLY wacked... Another artist, and I have ONE song from them (mp3). In files, I see a left pane image but NO mouse-over image. Album shows dummy image, but correct left pane image... album view the same way...

Now, for some WAV files...

One artist with one album- I put the cover art on yesterday, it was copied to the cover art directory... but today, no artwork.

Another Artist with two albums (both WAV)... today, one has artwork, the other does not.

Now, here is another album, but instead of artwork, I get a path(C:\media Center/image/cover.jpg).

So, Like I said, I have been adding these images for a couple days, sometimes two or three times per album. Having this work correctly is not the most important thing in a media player, but it is sure nice. And after redoing this a few times, to me, it is close to a deal breaker on whether I am going to purchase this program, or go back to iTunes.

I have searched this forum (as best I can) and have found a lot of posts from others with what sound like similar problems, but no posted solutions.... those posts just seem to wither...

Oh, and yes, I have rebuilt the thumbnails in Tree & View / Thumbnails / Build Missing Thumbs...

Thanks!

Dave

carfac

• Recent member
Re: What Is Up With Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 08:57:51 pm »

Now check this out, for even weirder!

That first example... the one with two albums showing dummy images.... that was on the "server". I am now on my laptop... and those images are THERE from here (the laptop connects to the same files as are on the server, not in server mode)...

But I go upstairs... restart MC... no images.

Very Frustrating!  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up