INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Printing Photo Labels with metadata.  (Read 914 times)

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Suggestion: Printing Photo Labels with metadata.
« on: December 08, 2005, 10:04:18 am »

I've been extensively using MC to catalog my photographs over the last couple of years. I now have 8,600 pictures in my database, using many custom fields such as City, Country, People in the photos, etc.

Now that most of my photos are scanned and organized, my next step is to move the original pictures and negatives into photo albums for easy perusal (photos filed in shoeboxes don't get viewed very much :-) ).

In order to make this job easy and neat, it would be really good if I could print labels containing selected metadata that I could affix to the album pages. Something like the CD Labeler in MC but that would be adapted for standard sheets of labels (such as Avery's maybe).

Could something like this be considered for inclusion in the upcoming enhancements of the image part of MC?

Thanks.

Michel.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Suggestion: Printing Photo Labels with metadata.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:00:58 am »

Bump?   ;)

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:51:59 pm »

I won't restep on the "separate content and presentation" soapbox that often gets me talking about how great XML is when properly used as a foundation.

You might try exporting the metadata into a suitable format and use Word's Mail Merge function.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 08:53:46 pm »

I won't restep on the "separate content and presentation" soapbox that often gets me talking about how great XML is when properly used as a foundation.
Uh...I think you just did....  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up