INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB access sequence.  (Read 1169 times)

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
YADB access sequence.
« on: October 05, 2002, 01:02:41 pm »

Maybe this contributes to why a some folks are beating up YADB coverage:
If I select RIP CD MJ with a CD in the drive MJ will very often come back with "no tracks selected".  If I then click on File and Open Media to start the CD MJ will show me an unidentified list of tracks.  This was making think coverage sucked.  
However if I close MJ and reopen, click again on RIP CD YADB gives me back the CD data.
Since discovering this I've found YADB coverage to be terrific, including many obscure CDs like Ry Cooder & VM Bhatt's Water Lily recording A Meeting By The River, an old Rotary Connection CD and even a rare, out of print soundtrack of the play Lost Horizon.  Very cool!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB access sequence.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 08:34:11 pm »

Thanks!

j

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 01:27:59 am »

Since discovering this I've found YADB coverage to be terrific

Thanks!

Hum... I am sorry John but I would prefer that you answer "Thanks... to all Freedb anonymous contributors".

We can hope Yadb is going to be better than Freedb (thanks to you and a few others) but at least we should not forget that Yadb came from a recent copy of Freedb which is a result of a benevol effort.

sekim

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 03:42:50 am »

If I select RIP CD MJ with a CD in the drive MJ will very often come back with "no tracks selected".

This is normal behavior when auto-play is disabled. MJ does not fire up the drive. Which means no tracks can be shown or selected. In order for MJ to see the tracks just click on the CD, DVD, & Handhelds in the tree on the left. You may have to expand it. MJ will then show the tracks, or look for them depending on if the cd has already been found in the database (YADB/CDDB)previously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up