INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP support for Pinnacle ShowCenter 200  (Read 4939 times)

Marti

UPnP support for Pinnacle ShowCenter 200
« on: October 13, 2005, 12:58:29 pm »

Hi!

Does the UPnP server in MC11 support Pinnacle ShowCenter 200? If it does - anybody know the settings to make it work?

Martin

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: UPnP support for Pinnacle ShowCenter 200
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 01:23:49 pm »

I don't know about the ShowCenter 200, but the ShowCenter 1000 needs an additional piece of software to work. Search for Pinnacle here for the details.

j

CampbellR66

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 06:21:43 am »

I have had the Showcenter 200 and 1000g connected for testing purposes. As previous post stated the 1000g requires a UPnP AV control point (Intel UPnP tool set or Cidero)

the SC 200 picked up the MC 11 server straight away but i had to tinker with the UPnP server parms.

MC 11 has a major flaw in that it cannot hold parameter sets by device type so for instance i cannot configure my Streamium devices, DSM-320 and Showcenter devices to work at the same time.

It strong point is its ability to index and catalog video content in multiple ways and serve this via UPnP.

Marti

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:53:57 am »

To CampbellR66:
Thanks - but what do you mean by: ..."the SC 200 picked up the MC 11 server straight away but i had to tinker with the UPnP server parms. "

I don't understand...

CampbellR66

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:44:51 am »

To CampbellR66:
Thanks - but what do you mean by: ..."the SC 200 picked up the MC 11 server straight away but i had to tinker with the UPnP server parms. "

I don't understand...

The UPnP server has a number of options for specific devices, you need to set it to custom option. You can then change the specific settings .... I cant recall what these were as I have reconfigured for an SL50i test at the moment. I will have a look and see if i can give you something a bit more specific. The MC performance with the SC 200 was not that great on DivX streaming so didnt go any further.
Pages: [1]   Go Up