INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.89 Release Candidate  (Read 8449 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.89 Release Candidate
« on: December 22, 2005, 05:16:13 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111089.exe

11.1.89 (12/22/05)

1. Fixed: Tooltips for media modes were not correct.
2. Fixed: Some calculated fields were not grouping properly for tile views.

11.1.88 (12/22/05)

1. Fixed: Some library property menus would not work as expected.
2. Changed: Failures to play m4a, etc. with Direct Show filters through the MC playback engine get logged, but don't show an error message.
3. Fixed: "Cover Art" display could clip the edges off of some images when drawing them.
4. Changed: Root view schemes (audio, images, video, documents) can be erased if they have no files. (they'll reappear if you ever do get files of that type)
5. Changed: Removed "All & Other" from the tree.
6. Changed: "Documents" root scheme appears if there are documents imported, otherwise it isn't visible.
7. Changed: Revised some of the icons in the tree.
8. Changed: Revised Options > Startup > Location to include "Audio", "Images" and "Video".
9. Changed: Disabling album art for a handheld no longer erases art already on the handheld. (use Format / Initialize to start over)
10. Fixed: iPod and other devices would not properly detect whether they should support artwork, so they wouldn't always send it as expected.
11. Changed: Media Center no longer imports Folder.jpg files.

11.1.87 (12/21/05)

1. Fixed: Some Action Window right-click menus wouldn't act on all the selected files.
2. Changed: Pressing fast forward while rewinding time-shifted TV will resume at a normal playback speed.
3. Fixed: During DVD playback, the "Next" chapter command (click 'Next' button or use Ctrl+N) wouldn't always work.
4. Changed: Added "Edit View Scheme..." to the main Edit menu.
5. Changed: Optional list below graphical tiles uses the same customization settings as the list below the panes in a library view.
6. Fixed: Scrolling in a tiles list with the keyboard wouldn't always paint the dead-area on the bottom row properly.
7. NEW: Added "Tile Size" to the view menu when looking at a tile-style library view.
8. Changed: Toggling the bottom file list in a tile view happens faster and doesn't reset the view position of the tiles list.
9. Changed: Updated library browser navigation so that it's possible to use the history at the top to go back to the top level with one click.
10. Changed: Clicking "Files" on a library browser tile won't show the panes with the files. (since selection has already been made)
11. Changed: Imported Playlist contains all files (even if the items in a playlist were not imported).
12. Changed: ID3 tags are generated differently by default, and "COMPOSER" is now set as [ymd][feed].
13. Fixed: Ripping CD's with asian characters in the album and/or artist fields (and using MP3 encoding) wasn't working.

11.1.86 (12/20/05)

1. Changed: Revised the library header bar.
2. Changed: Removed the "All" media shortcut below the search box.
3. Changed: View schemes no longer auto-expand when clicking on them in the tree.
4. Changed: Library views only preserve last view mode (Files, Genres, etc.) when using the back button -- otherwise they revert to "Files".
5. Optimized: Increased speed of many of the iPod plugins internal workings.
6. Fixed: iPod album artwork could get out-of-step after using the iPod enough.
7. Changed: When viewing at the root of a library scheme, Ctrl+F no longer jumps to a different scheme, instead it just focuses the search box.
8. Changed: Updated to the latest LAME for MP3 encoding. (do Help > Check For Updates... to get the latest)
9. Fixed: Media Center shutdown could be delayed by Podcast download operations.
10. Fixed: pcast: URLs were copied with extra slash characters during one-click subscription.
11. Fixed: Shell extensions would fail to work when MC wasn't running and very large numbers of files were operated on.
12. Fixed: Download Manager was not working properly.

11.1.84 (12/19/05)

1. NEW: Added function FormatFileSize(...) to the expression language to make a file size readable.
2. Fixed: The encoding options page allowed the user to type in the encoding type selection box.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the undo logging (undo / redo) could catch internal file changes and additions.
4. Fixed: With the "File Properties" Action Window minimized, previous changes could get saved to new selections in rare cases.
5. Changed: Reduced the minimum column width allowable.
6. Changed: Tuned the rating column default and auto-size width.
7. Fixed: Volume adjustment iPod option should no longer occasionally appear behind MC.
8. Changed: Media Center properly detects the media type of files on a WMDM device instead of assuming they're audio. (may require device reinitialize)
9. Changed: Portable Media Center style devices support images when appropriate.
10. NEW: Added the ability to play WM Professional content as a bitstream (for S/PDIF or ASIO output). (Plugin Manager > Input > WMA > Configure...)
11. Fixed: Renaming some tree items could cause the name to appear in the tree twice until a refresh. (F5)
12. Changed: Switched default skin tree expand image to arrows instead of plus boxes. (can be changed per skin by a skinner in the "Tree" section)
13. Changed: Media modes act as "home run" type links that collapse the tree and show the selected item, but they no longer filter the tree.
14. NEW: Previous log file is saved to "Previous Log.txt" on next MC run.
15. Changed: Reworked default view scheme layout. (use Edit > Reset All View Schemes... to revert to what a fresh install would have)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

Re: Media Center 11.1.89 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:16:35 pm »

Album Thumbnail views showing 1st track of album as title instead of the album title.

2. Toolbar icon for switching to Automatic from Album Thumbnails is not working; I have to go into the customize section and "manually" do it.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.89 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2492 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 461 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:01:02 pm »

I know this is not a bug, but is there any explanation as to why the library buttons were removed?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 01:08:06 am »

I have a view scheme "Artist/Genres/Subgenres"

The field "Subgenre" is a List (semicolon) field.

When I select a "Genre" I see in the list view below eg 3.000 files.

On that selected Genre I know click "Subgenre", so it show me all the thumbnails with Subgenre.

I now see in the list below inly 1.200 files in stead of 3.000.

If I multi select thumbnails with Subgenres, it only shows the first selected subgenre as files.

It only kind of happens when working with List fields (semicolon)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 06:07:12 am »

Show Hide buttons in Plug in Manager seem very non responsive.
Tivo Plugin Will not hide at all....

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 08:23:19 am »

Previous and Next button do not work when MC is not playing.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:30:53 am »

Pasting two or three coverart pictures into MC11 b rings the program down.

Happened a few times in a row now.

bb

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:46:32 am »

Date fields are not sorting as one would expect.

The day field is taking precendence, ie

28/10/2005

is listed higher than

2/12/2005

when dates are listed in descending order when one would expect (want!) the most current date listed first.

Mark

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.89 Release Candidate
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 11:10:18 am »

Before this goes gold.....

I haev a view scheme:

Artist Grouped (2)
Artist
Album Grouped (2)
Album

the Library view will show Artist and Album views, not the Grouped views..... Can this be fixed/changed?

Thanks
-

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 12:04:30 pm »

Every time I open a podcast directory I need to re-sort by date.  Is this the way the XML comes in?  Can it be automatically sorted by date descending?

Also, MC tried to create a podcast directory in my protected home folder.  This of course failed.  When you protect your home directory I guess windows creates two home directories.
C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Brown
C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Brown.WS1-ABROWN

The first is protected, the second is not.  MC tries to create the new direcory in the first.  No error is generated when it cannot do this automatically.

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 01:48:46 pm »

using the library browser to show "months", MC presents them from december to january. could just be me, but I think that jan - dec feels a lot more natural.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 02:15:58 pm »

So it appears the buttons aren't coming back, but what about the panes? 

After drilling down through the tiles and then clicking on files, the panes no longer show up.  Is this a bug or something else?

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 04:01:43 pm »

When I add the preset view "year/genre/comment" only the comment column is visible - the first two are hidden behind the tree.  Just my system?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 04:55:28 pm »

So it appears the buttons aren't coming back, but what about the panes? 

After drilling down through the tiles and then clicking on files, the panes no longer show up.  Is this a bug or something else?

I want the buttons back - Please?

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 08:10:04 pm »

Is it possible to reduce the priority of the thread that gets the cover art?  Currently if I download a few albums at a time, the program freezes and does not redraw until it is complete.

Thanks!

butlertl

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 08:20:24 pm »

With the latest version....I initialized my 5g iPod.........and then tried to sync....three time MC shut down.........all file are showing 'in queue' and the .jpg files show 'unsupported'

Here is a portion of the the log file:
Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\field (bpm).jmd
0005125: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\field (intensity).jmd
0005140: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\field (number plays).jmd
0005140: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_SAVE::Load: Saving: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Index.dat
0005203: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_SAVE::Load: Saving: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (15).dat
0005265: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (13).dat
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: Start
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: running old style burn-rights check
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: Block until finished...
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: checking the need for upgrading v9 to v10, bFirstPass=1
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: upgrade didn't work or was not needed
0009796: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::FinalSubmit: Finish (0 ms)
0009812: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0009812: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0009812: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0009828: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (16 ms)
0009828: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0009828: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0009828: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0010250: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (16 ms)
0010250: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0010250: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0010250: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0010265: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (15 ms)
0010265: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0010265: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0010265: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Start
0010265: Playback: CTransferStatusChecker::GetStatus: Finish (0 ms)
0010375: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (14).dat
0010406: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (15).dat
0010437: Database: MEDIAFILE_IO_LOAD::Load: Loading: E:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (13).dat

butlertl

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 08:22:00 pm »

Deleted all of the .jpg files and I found one needing a license and now I can sync.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 01:39:40 am »

I agree that having the "files" option on the "view" menu of the tiles seems a bit redundant. considering the list view below the tiles. Perhaps, if you click on "list" it could automatically open the list view below regardless of whether you had it open or not.
I think that the "list" type incons currently in the toolbars, really need to be put in the new library browser bar. They are integral to the library browser experience, and by hiding them away (last time i checked, they werent even put in the toolbars on a fresh install) their meaning is kind of abstracted. There's plenty of space in that bar for them. I realise this is more of a feature request than a bug though, so i guess if it'll happen it'll happen in MC12.

One thing that really ought to be fixed though:
Clicking on the "list" type icons does nothing unless you click in the files list at the bottom to give it focus. This is inconvenient and sometimes confusing.

Marko: I like having the date organised the way it is. I want to see my most recent photos first. I guess we need a "a-z"  "z-a" style menu going on again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

benjamin000

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 03:10:23 am »

During sync with Handled (Archos) , if the file are on a CD or DVD ( in the DVD player of the computer) , MC says systematicly error and when the files are on the hard drive everything work perfect.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 09:14:17 am »

If you take a photo, modify it using the image editor,
and then save it under a new file name
the new file name is appended to the old one on the caption bar
of the image editors window.  This is slightly disconcerting as it
gives the impression that the image could have been saved anywhere.
However it does actually save correctly.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 01:16:21 pm »

Bug when syncing multiple devices at same time.

Start synchronizing device 1.  It's a clean sync so gonna run for a while.
It displays with the progress bar just above the Action window.

Pick another device in the tree view.
Rightclick and choose synchronize.
The progress display for both devices disappear and all I'm left with is the action window.

If I click on either of the devices under the tree, I can see that they are both properly syncing.
So it's just display issue with the action window area and not a functionality bug.
Should be able to see both transfer status displays simultaneously.

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 09:41:10 am »

I question whether this is a release candidate, at least in terms of iPod's 5G is concerned.

For me, 11.1.89 still:

1.  Does not handle video podcasts, music videos or TV shows purchased from iTunes (the latter two are DRM issues, but, even so, #2 should not happen) requiring sync with iTunes for those files

2.  Eliminates the video playlists (for the video podcasts, music videos and TV shows purchased from iTunes mentioned above) every time I use 11.1.89 to sync the music files & video movies MC manages for me, requiring me to resync with iTunes after every MC sync if i still want video podcasts, music videos or TV shows purchased from iTunes on the 5G

3.  Periodically deletes all files &/or playlists from the iPod (sometimes sending the 5G into the endless Apple loop, requiring rest, restore, initilize & complete re-sync), it appears due to the need to re-sync with iTunes mentioned in #2 - in otherwords, eventually the questionable interplay between MC & iTunes appears to undermine the integrity of the database (?)

If I'm doing something worng (entirely possible), I'd love to learn what/how.  In the meantime, while usable for 5G, it's lacking full release status in my experience.

I truly appreciate the heavy work load required to get it this far & offer this constructively, I hope.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2005, 11:07:50 am »

Ther are only four things I miss with my iPod:

1. correct handling of the 5G (second time a reset-loop)
2. podcast handling like iTunes (use the special folders)
3. when I chose to keep only the "newest episode" of a podcasts, mc doesn't delete it at the iPod
4. image-sync

Gany

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 10:59:30 am »

Date fields are not sorting as one would expect.
The day field is taking precendence, ie
28/10/2005
is listed higher than
2/12/2005
when dates are listed in descending order when one would expect (want!) the most current date listed first.
I concur, Date sorting, for MOST date-type fields is broken.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 04:44:36 pm »

After a clean install of .89 Clicking on the Encoding Option
from the Options Tree, brings up a Dialog box entitled External Encoder Info.
This will be quite confusing to the new user....

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 05:21:40 pm »

While Ripping, Everytime MC completes a track
it reorders the sort view.

This was observed during APE Ripping in Secure Mode.
The current view was on Video looking at 20 or so Video Files.
The sort was supposed to be Filename priority however MC
kept changing it to Date Order

More Info on this one...
It can be seen on any File type view.  The sort reverts to how it was when
the ripping started...

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 06:22:03 pm »

When toggling between song thumbnails and album thumnails, the text stays as the album name.  I think this is a bug.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 10:26:31 pm »

If I browse files through the My Computer tree and highlight some imported files, push delete, click on "remove from media library" the files aren't only removed from the library, they disappear from the view.  You have to refresh for the files to show up again.

"set upload volume adjustment" still pops underneath MC.

MC once froze while converting 53 uncompressed wav files into LAME VBR mp3s.  After it finished one song, it said it was converting the next file, but it never showed up in explorer and the progress bar wasn't moving (not even the first sliver of a notch that shows up as soon as it starts).  No resources were being used up and I was able to press stop.  After that, I was able to convert the remaining files.  When conversion finished, I noticed in explorer that one of the wavs I deleted in MC, the one it got stuck on, was still there and it wouldn't let me delete it.  Deleting it again within MC made the file disappear from view, but refreshing, it returned.  After closing MC, I was able to delete it from explorer.

A suggestion for the convert format tool.  There should be a checkbox that says "analyze files when done".  I always analyze my files after I encode and I'd like to automate this process so I don't have to be near my computer (or awake) to do this step.

JONCAT

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 07:06:01 am »

1. Still can't seek to according letter via keyboard keys in any view; selected file just drops down one field instead of jumping to corrersponding letter.

2. Anyone else getting a lot of semi-lockups due to "Buffering" could just be my system but have been noticing this on both cd and hard drive playback.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.89 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2484 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:13  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 08:42:58 am »

I tried erasing some DVD+RW discs and MC would crash. 

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 02:40:24 pm »

Found another bug in Download Manager....
You have the option enabled to import after download.

If MC is already running, it works great.
If MC is NOT running, then download manager attempts to start MC.
However, it's attempting to call Media Jukebox.exe instead of Media Center.exe and fails since that .exe no longer is a valid name for MC.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 05:05:00 pm »

Hi,

Having problems with lossless rotation - it causes a crash in Media Center 11.1.89. Sometimes it takes rotating 2 or more pics and it may only occur when you have the image previewing on the left.

Anybody at JRiver able to reproduce?

Thanks,
Kwake

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 05:52:59 am »

Tried burning 2 music CDs this morning - build VERY slow at responding. Clicking on "burn CD or DVD" MC took about 20 secs to respond, then each stage of "audio CD - next", drag files here, show list , options - CD text, all took about the same time to respond.

Haven't had this with any of the previous builds.

John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up