INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.106 Release Candidate  (Read 7778 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.106 Release Candidate
« on: January 25, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111106.exe

11.1.106 (01/25/06)

1. Fixed: APE encoder options would allow typing in the quality selection box.
2. Changed: Clarified the message shown when trying to transfer duplicate files to a handheld.
3. Changed: Library tree root items can be dragged. (allows simple drag-n-drop playback, playlist creation, etc. of all Audio, Images, etc.)
4. Changed: Renamed "Download Progress" Action Window to "Download".
5. Changed: Handheld upload progress Action Window shows "2.3 hours remaining" or similar for long times instead of "138 minutes remaining".
6. Optimized: Many optimizations resulting in faster and more responsive behavior when adding many files to a handheld sync and when starting the sync.
7. Fixed: When doing multiple MP3 conversions at once during a handheld upload when the encoder was not yet fully installed would cause one of the encode processes to fail.
8. Optimized: Clicking "Cancel" during an upload now operates more quickly.
9. Changed: "Redetect Devices..." no longer available when configuring a specific handheld. (could cause a crash)
10. Changed: Handheld views are forced to report style so that status / upload progress can be properly displayed.
11. Fixed: After formatting a device, the UI would not update until leaving the handheld view and returning.
12. Optimized: Increased performance in thumbnail and handheld lists when updating list items for thumbnail / status changes.
13. Fixed: Changes to columns, sorting, etc. for playlist views would not take effect right away after using "Customize Current View".
14. Changed: The file list below a library tile list uses independent settings from the file list in the panes view.
15. Changed: Switched "Show list" to "Details" in all Action Windows.
16. Changed: Updated "Downloaded Podcasts" icon in the tree.
17. Changed: Removed the border from the Podcasts web view.
18. Changed: Podcast Feed view headers snap to their ideal size each time they're shown, just like any other view with a header.
19. Changed: Added a "Reset Beacon" button to the TiVo Options dialog.
20. Fixed: Audio CD burning with replay gain set to "album based" rather than "track based" resulted in silent tracks.
21. Fixed: Audio files (Audible for example) that completed downloading failed to start playing.
22. New: MC will try to play AC3 and DTS audio files.

11.1.105 (01/24/06)

1. Fixed: After clearing a library and importing many tracks, sorting and album analysis would not always work as expected.
2. Fixed: Library grouping views were not honoring sorting changes.
3. Fixed: Album Artist (auto) would not always get filled in right away when starting MC.
4. Changed: When adding a new device that points to a disk location, you can specify a name right there. (can also be edited in the tree later)
5. Changed: When adding a new device that points to a disk location, the path box now allows typing.
6. Fixed: Custom handheld playlist paths would not save properly.
7. NEW: Webpages inside Media Center accept drag-n-drop of other webpages to navigate to a different location.
8. NEW: When files are downloading from a service plugin, clicking "show details" in the action window shows a special downloading view.
9. NEW: Within Media Center, you can now click on any RSS Podcast link to subscribe to the Podcast.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
OneClick Podcast subscription
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.106 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:31:36 pm »

Theater View can not be minimized.

Hi Matt. I posted a related question about htis the other day (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31494.0).

Could it be possible to allow minimize from Theater View? At the moment, you have to go to an intermediate mode (like megame) before you can minimize. Would be cool if you could go straight to the minimzed state and then back with one command.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:57:33 pm »

11.1.106 (01/25/06)

14. Changed: The file list below a library tile list uses independent settings from the file list in the panes view.

Any chance we can get the on/off state of the file list tied to view schemes?
i.e. show files at bottom turned off for a video view scheme and turned on for an audio view scheme?

Sireland

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:58:53 pm »

Not sure if this is where to post this, but here it is.

The equalizer's font doesn't change with user's selected font color.  For instance I use a black background with white font, and am unable to read the equalizer.  Any chance of this getting fixed.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 06:13:49 am »

The function Picture Show (3D Visualizations with the playlist 3D Visualization Images) poses problems to me. In the panel Playing Now, when I select this visualization, I have the error message:

MS Visual C++ is installed on my PC: is this the problem?? (I need some to develop).
This bug returns almost to each time I select this visualization, since several release of MC.
Thank you.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 07:22:55 am »

MS Visual C++ is installed on my PC: is this the problem?? (I need some to develop).
This bug returns almost to each time I select this visualization, since several release of MC.
Thank you.

I'd say thats a bug. Tried it, Same thing here.

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 10:24:53 am »

MC crashes when erasing a CD-RW.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 12:16:32 pm »

Import of image files does not work in this version, neither from the import menu nor from the Windows Explorer Shell!!!!

Images appear in the "Recently imported" playlist, but they do not show up in the image library!

Cloned first the existing library and cleared it afterwards, then I tried to import my 25'000 images. After about 1'000 images imported it came up with a error message "not enough virtual memory", "out of memory" and MC hanged. Could not be closed any longer. Had to be killed!

Media Center Registered 11.1.106 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3040 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 183 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Y: LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Y: LITE-ON  COMBO LTC-48161H   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Z: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716A     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

So, import problems is a definite NoGo!

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 12:50:56 pm »

6. Optimized: Many optimizations resulting in faster and more responsive behavior when adding many files to a handheld sync and when starting the sync.

This seems to have broken playlist synchronization with WMDM handhelds (my Dell DJ).  MC is not recognizing most playlist changes that need to be synchornized and when it does see them it does not upload them to the handheld.

Went back to 105 and it works again (although it's slow because of the known 20-second pause bug that I think this optimization was attempting to resovle).

I could only get 106 to upload playlist changes if I also deleted 1 file (mp3) from the Dell DJ and then did a sync.  It's like unless a file needs to be uploaded, playlists will not upload (an old problem is back, it appears).

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 06:07:29 pm »

THANK-YOU!.  11.1 release is is almost better then the 10-to-11 release.   My ipod now works right, and much faster.  everything is faster, just a great improvement.  Thank you for the continued support and effot, its paying off. 

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 09:30:52 pm »

Sometime since 11.1.091 (sorry haven't tested any since .091) Fast Forward /Rewind have stopped working properly from my remote control.

In .091, if I hold the FF or REW button down MC will continue to FF or REW through the music (what I'd expect).

With this version holding down FF/REWdoes nothing, MC skips a few seconds then just continues to play.

(I use Girder 4 to send the standard Keyboard commands for FF/REW, and it was working fine in 11.1.091 )

Richard

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 12:37:42 am »

The services and plugins part of the tree wont expand. I cant get in!!! :'(

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 04:15:05 am »

This version does not display the Album field correctly.

Where "Album" appears in view schemes etc., there's a blank space where the album name should be.

I know it's in the tags as I can see it in Windows Explorer...

Update: This is weird...I just downgraded to 11.1.105 and my album names are still not visible.

Come to think of it, when I installed these past few times, I get a message saying that MC is still running (when it's been exited some time before)...

I've just re-installed 11.1.106 again...and I still can't see all the album names. Strange thing is, for a particular album, SOME of the tracks show the album name, and some don't...doesn't seem to be any pattern that I can discern...

---
Media Center Registered 11.1.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
Intel Pentium 4 2678 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 146 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Cheers
Rob

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 04:55:49 am »

After syncing, the devices section of the tree won't expand.  Occurs both with 5G & Nano.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 05:09:06 am »

The last versions of Media Center make plant explorer.exe!
That appears when I use the function “Play all” or “Play the selection” in the side bar of the folders of Window$ XP. Example:

Very unpleasant like bug…
Thank you.

Media Center Registered 11.1.106 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2178 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 05:14:16 am »

This version does not display the Album field correctly.

Where "Album" appears in view schemes etc., there's a blank space where the album name should be.

I know it's in the tags as I can see it in Windows Explorer...

Check this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31551.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 06:05:14 am »

106 still exhibits the problem that I documented earlier:  When I transfer some albums to my Zen Portable Media Center, the PMC does not have the album, but instead shows the track titles at the album level.  The on disc structure appears OK on the PMC and there is no issue on the PC.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 06:29:39 am »

MC 11.1.106 takes a full 60-90 seconds to start up. Thats 60-90 seconds from the time I click on the MC icon until the Media Center splash screen displays. All the while my hard disk is grinding away. This happens each and every time I start MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 07:35:15 am »

MC 11.1.106 takes a full 60-90 seconds to start up. Thats 60-90 seconds from the time I click on the MC icon until the Media Center splash screen displays. All the while my hard disk is grinding away. This happens each and every time I start MC.

Try to use logging to see what MC is working on.

My guess is you have a "bad" WMDM device connected. (like a memory card reader, etc.)  You can test this by looking at the devices tab in Windows Media Player and seeing if it also hangs for a long time. (we both use WMDM to enumerate devices)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 09:12:52 am »

When I press the Toolbar back button MC correctly returns from Playing Now to the previous Video > Genre/Album/Year view, but the tree does not show the returned position:

Also, when this happens the little triangle in front of the Video branch and double-clicking do not work when trying to open the Video subbranches. The subbranches are available again after restarting MC.

EDIT

THIS WAS ON 11.1.107.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:02 am »

Bonjour !

BUG :

If I add image (from file ...) during audio analyse (for the same audio files) MC 11 stopes ! (it is necessary to reboot PC !)

Thanks for remede !

Jean-Marc

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 12:16:43 pm »

Icons in the options are messed up for me. The remote control icon shows up for the podcasts tab. Also the pull down arrows are instead represented by some strange letter/symbol.

RE: options. Shouldnt "jump on play" be put in "playback"? Seems pretty senseible to me. And how about if i want it to always jump to playing now for audio, and full screen if it has a display. there doesnt seem to be a way to do this.

Also, m4v podcasts from this feed: http://media.uleth.ca/globalization/glob1492.xml
arent working.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 12:45:05 pm »

I read someone saying something about icons being offest when dragging around the tree.

Just to report that i am also seeing this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 02:37:06 pm »

Icons in the options are messed up for me. The remote control icon shows up for the podcasts tab. Also the pull down arrows are instead represented by some strange letter/symbol.

You have old custom options images.

Erase any folders named C:\Program Files\JRiver\Media Center 11\Data\Custom *
Pages: [1]   Go Up