INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.148  (Read 7810 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.148
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:47:18 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111148.exe

11.1.148 (3/17/2006)

1. Fixed: MC plays ASX streams served up with an asp extension.
2. Optimized: Reworked drop-shadow engine to work much faster with images with no transparency. (like thumbnails)
3. Optimized: Several group-style thumbnail list optimizations. (should be 2x-3x faster than previous builds)
4. Changed: Added configuration menu items to the right-click menu for playback displays. (DVD, Video, TV, Images, etc.)
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "Next scheduled task" time could be wrong when multiple periodic tasks exist.
6. New: Added a dialog (under Podcast Options) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming for all feeds.
7. New: Added another dialog (under Feed Properties) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming overrides for that feed.
8. Fixed: CD labeler wasn't always obeying the state of the "include artist in track list" option.
9. Changed: Merged thumbnail and grouping-style list modes so that text, spacing, sizing, etc. is fully customizable for grouping thumbnails.
10. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

11.1.147 (3/16/2006)

1. Changed: Folders with only a Folder.jpg in them are no longer considered empty.
2. Fixed: When the "Automatically Import Files into Media Center" flag was set, Podcast media URLs were imported into the library.
3. Fixed: When Podcast media URLs were inserted in the library, it was not possible to manually download them.
4. Fixed: In the Podcast Feed windows, the Podcast ICON was resized to fill the window when you selected any Podcast episode.
5. Fixed: EXIF tags with circular links in them could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: The FLAC input plugin not properly supported, causing files to be set to zero length. (introduced in build 146)
7. Optimized: Several speed and memory optimization to grouping-style thumbnail lists.
8. Optimized: Improved drawing speed of core rendering engine used everywhere.
9. Fixed: Multiple bugs in the CD labeling program including a problem where the first preview worked, but nothing appeared on the second.

11.1.146 (3/15/2006)

1. Changed: The spacing between text and a drop arrow has been reduced.
2. Changed: If a search for Media Servers fails the previous or default library will be loaded (no longer includes offer to restore from backup).
3. Fixed: Windows Mobile devices were not retaining synchronization information.
4. NEW: When removing empty folders, folders with only a Thumbs.db or Folder.jpg in them will be considered empty.
5. Changed: The root of playlists now honors Access Filter settings.
6. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)
7. Fixed: Misspelling in the Download Manager.
8. Changed: WIA camera import gets video files off the device as well as images. (WIA doesn't have file extensions -- just WiaItemTypes)
9. Fixed: The fade-in / fade-out of text items in library tiles wouldn't look as clean as expected.
10. Fixed: Alpha on alpha drawing could produce strange effects in some cases.
11. Fixed: MC was not writing playlist information to some Windows Mobile devices.
12. Fixed: MC was not reading playlist information from some Windows Mobile devices.
13. Fixed: Digital TV in time-shifting mode could have access violations when switching channels.
14. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
15. Fixed: JPEG tags would not be properly saved. (use Update Tags (from library) to force save of tags)
16. Changed: Image tagging errors are now reported like audio tagging errors. (instead of suppressing the errors)
17. Changed: Revised the "no thumb" image shown in library grouping views.

11.1.145 (3/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Top Hits and Recently Played playlists would display all zeros in the sequence column.
2. Changed: SDK lookups of library server filenames that have been hexified now work. (fixes issue with Cinemar + Library Server)

11.1.144 (3/13/2006)

1. Fixed: Command line usage wouldn't properly deal with quotes in some cases. (i.e. MC11.exe "/PlayReplace Zone=1|TreePath=Playlists\My Hits")
2. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks and happy birthday to ByteStar!)
3. Changed: "Save smartlist" dialog has a never ask again check.
4. Fixed: Copying from the search / smartlist box wouldn't always work as expected when dealing with friendly-formatted rules.
5. Fixed: Enter was not being properly routed to DVD menus in some cases.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on the fullscreen bars no longer toggles fullscreen mode.
7. Fixed: Thumbnails set to a large size (i.e. 256x256 wouldn't be drawn using the full area)
8. Fixed: Playing a DVD while images were playing could result in unexpected playback of both at once.
9. Changed: Updated player area text defaults to use "//" for slash. (double-slashes are required since slash is the escape character in expressions)
10. Changed: Tiles no longer animate through images or status information on mouse-over when Media Center isn't the focused application.
11. Fixed: Files added to a "Recent Playing Now" list would get autmatically imported.
12. New: Preliminary support for DVB-T digital TV (not fully tested).
13. Changed: The file list below a grouping of tiles uses the same settings as a file list below the panes.
14. Fixed: After resetting all views, the sorting "A to Z" for grouping views didn't properly show a checkmark.
15. Fixed: Once internet connection was dropped (and error page shown), service plugins would continue to show the error page even after reconnection.
16. Changed: Playlists no longer show access filtered files. (editing a playlist while files are filtered could cause filtered files to be discarded from playlist)

11.1.143 (3/10/2006)

1. Changed: Update the French translation. (thanks Tof!)
2. Changed: Updated all the translations to include the latest phrases from code, dialogs, etc.
3. NEW: Thumbnails now have drop shadows when drawing in lists or tiles.
4. NEW: Tiles links fade-in on mouse-over instead of being shown all the time.
5. NEW: Holding the mouse over the name in a tile will scroll through summary information of the tile.
6. Fixed: Podcast download/display/purge was confused by permanent database entries with a filename URL.
7. Fixed: The behavior for General\Double-Click and TheaterView\Jump on Play were not working correctly in languages other than english.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.148
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:50:28 pm »

2. Optimized: Reworked drop-shadow engine to work much faster with images with no transparency. (like thumbnails)
3. Optimized: Several group-style thumbnail list optimizations. (should be 2x-3x faster than previous builds)
4. Changed: Added configuration menu items to the right-click menu for playback displays. (DVD, Video, TV, Images, etc.)
9. Changed: Merged thumbnail and grouping-style list modes so that text, spacing, sizing, etc. is fully customizable for grouping thumbnails.

It's like Christmas all over again!  :)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:10 pm »

When viewing artists in the stacked coverart view, if you click on Albums for a given artist and then go back (either by clicking the back button or the "Artists" link at the top of the view) you're NOT taken back to that artist's stacked cover art thumb. Instead, you are taken to the top of the view. If you click on Files though and then go back, it works as expected.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:33 pm »

Switching between tile fields is slow compared to what it was before adding the stacked eye candy.  Will this be an option to turn off?

I also noticed that whatever field view is chosen the sorting for 'files at bottom' is done for that field first by default and not what is in the customize current view.

This should NOT be happening.  It should sort first by what is in the customize current view.

I still think it would be a good idea to have the fade in 'view' menu for each tile, auto open when hovered over.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 09:20:15 pm »

I just updated from 11.1.143 to 148 and I'm getting a crash every time I change from panes to thumbnails in view schemes.

Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.1.148.0, faulting module media center.exe, version 11.1.148.0, fault address 0x00124d8f.

Let me know what to do if you need a log or something.
Sue

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:44:06 pm »

I just updated from 11.1.143 to 148 and I'm getting a crash every time I change from panes to thumbnails in view schemes.

Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.1.148.0, faulting module media center.exe, version 11.1.148.0, fault address 0x00124d8f.

Let me know what to do if you need a log or something.

Please try an uninstall and reinstall.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 10:48:19 pm »

I also noticed that whatever field view is chosen the sorting for 'files at bottom' is done for that field first by default and not what is in the customize current view.

This should NOT be happening.  It should sort first by what is in the customize current view.

The bottom list sorts according to the customize current view.  Please start a new thread if you think that isn't happening and provide more details.

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 09:25:59 am »

When viewing artists in the stacked coverart view, if you click on Albums for a given artist and then go back (either by clicking the back button or the "Artists" link at the top of the view) you're NOT taken back to that artist's stacked cover art thumb. Instead, you are taken to the top of the view. If you click on Files though and then go back, it works as expected.

I'm getting this same problem. Other than that, .148 is working great.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 09:39:44 am »

Topbar, search bar keeps disappearing.
Tamer

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 10:08:50 am »

Topbar, search bar keeps disappearing.

It happens here too. The GUI changes to this when mouse is hovered over the topmost part:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 10:56:17 am »

I had created a new field to use in my library. [Sub Album]. I then added a [Sub Album 2] so I decided to change [Sub Album] to [Sub Album 1]. When I saw that I couldn't completely change the name of the field, I just created [Sub Album 1], used the Copy Fields tool to copy the contents of [Sub Album] to [Sub Album 1], then deleted the [Sub Album] field. When I check the File Type Info for my files, I still see [Sub Album] listed there, alongside [Sub Album 1] and [Sub Album 2]. I've told MC to update my tags from my library, but [Sub Album] remains.

So, actually the more I think about it, the more I realize this may be by design. If you imported a bunch of files into a new library and hadn't had time to add your cutom fields, an untimely Update Tags from Library operation could be disastrous if wiped out tags like that just because they weren't in the field list.

But then, how do I go about getting it out of my tags?

Should I just re-create the field, and then clear out its contents from all of my files? Will that do it?

Just tried it. That seems to do the trick. But it's a little obscure.

Would it be possible to get a prompt to remove the field from your tags when you delete a field from the library?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 11:00:13 am »

When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.

Here's a link to the resulting file...

Before I renamed it...
After I renamed it...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 12:41:06 pm »

Doof...

you could also use the 'remove tags' tool followed by the 'update tags (from library)' tool.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 12:47:23 pm »

Three bugs & a Question:

Bug #1. Starting with 146 maybe, and for sure also in 148, whenever the last track just finishes playing, there is a burst of sound, which is actually a short clip of the song. The duration of this song burst appears to be proportional to, but not equal to (it's always less than), the duration of my buffering setting.

Bug #2. While trying to diagnose #1 above, I set the buffering to the minimum allowed .05s, and that resulted in terrible choppy grating playback. Maybe it always did that, maybe it's expected, I don't know, I always use 1.2s.

Things which may be relevant to #1 and #2:
I use mp3s, 128CBR.
I do not play silences
I use a standard gap of 1s

Bug #3. After clicking on column heads to set and reset the sort order, I then visit the Customize Current View and notice that the Sorting list is huge, with what seems like the breadcrumb trail of all my column heading clicks. Shouldn't this be cleaned up to only reflect the currently sorted columns... i.e. the ones that have numbers and arrows currently?

Question 1:
What happened to the setting which would temporarily amend the current sort order and force a sort by track # when you were viewing a single album? I liked that and miss it.

Cheers,
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 12:54:19 pm »

Switch your playback between wav out and direct sound.  Your sound card driver may have a bug.

jbony

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 04:36:24 pm »

Possible bug. V11.1.148
When creating CD audio with FLAC files, only the first minute of the file is burned to the disc. All other formats are correct.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 05:08:14 pm »

Switch your playback between wav out and direct sound.  Your sound card driver may have a bug.

Probably true that it is soundcard dependent creating these problems, but MC has a role in it as well especially since other software players sometimes do not have these same issues?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »

Possible bug. V11.1.148
When creating CD audio with FLAC files, only the first minute of the file is burned to the disc. All other formats are correct.
This has been reported here

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 05:20:22 pm »

Turning on the Tivo server causes Media Center to crash. Details:

Uninstall MC. Kill Tivo Beacon and delete Tivo software in Program Files\Common Files\Tivo. Install MC 11.1.148, and do anything but turn on Tivo server (including Library Server and uPnP Server)--all is fine. Turn on Tivo Server, get the prompt to restart system. After restart, MC crashes immediately on start (curiously, pressing Debug on the Windows Crash dialog window does not bring up the diagnostic dump). Completely repeatable, at least on my computer.

-- Dennis

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 09:15:26 pm »

Please try an uninstall and reinstall.
That didn't help. It is still crashing when I change to thumbnails. And now nothing will play either. (The play problem was unrelated.)
Sue

sparkyd

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 10:16:42 pm »

Media Center automatically maximizes or restores window from minimized state when toggling zones through musiclobby plugin.  Media center jumps on top of the main lobby interface.  this is a new problem to 11.1, never used to do this in the past.  Possibly add an option to always run MC in background?  Thanks, Mark

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 12:17:23 pm »

I'm having slight redraw issues when moving from one tile
to another as shown here

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 12:21:30 pm »

Bug #1. Starting with 146 maybe, and for sure also in 148, whenever the last track just finishes playing, there is a burst of sound, which is actually a short clip of the song. The duration of this song burst appears to be proportional to, but not equal to (it's always less than), the duration of my buffering setting.

Changing to Wave Out did solve this problem, but still, it has worked flawlessly for me with Direct Sound until the last few builds, so I have to consider this a regression.

Thanks for the work around though!

Cheers,
Jeff

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 12:46:05 pm »

1. Mouse buttons' commands (e.g. cut or paste) no longer work when browsing Internet w/ MC.

2. Highlighting files and selecting F2 w/o mouseover area no longer opens field for editing.

3. The Toolbar at top and bottom dissappear as my mouse nears them and reappear just as I mouseover them.....?

4. Any chance Tile fonts can be seperated from the MC "system" fonts? Larger monitor users are stuck with big font for viewing but then get truncated album/artist names under Tiles.

Both 1 & 2 are rather new (last 4 builds I think) and don't help the workflow any.

thanks
Dr. C

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 01:12:48 pm »

When using Media server, the new "spiral" view is appearing for most of my albums, even though the individual files only have a single cover image.

The spiral is clearly made of the same artwork and all these albums display properly in the local library.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 02:57:36 pm »

1. Customize views not working for individual menu items, change one and they all change.

2. Save and reset customize views not working.

3. Specifying audio only for media type, yet smartlists are showing images as well.

The features added in the last couple of builds are awesome, once the bugs are straighten out this will be the best incarnation of media center yet, many thanks.

TC  :)

finkeltron

• Recent member
long file name cut off
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 04:45:34 pm »

i have long files to be cut off DISABLED in the options and they are still being cut off?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 02:08:30 am »

Bug #1. Starting with 146 maybe, and for sure also in 148, whenever the last track just finishes playing, there is a burst of sound, which is actually a short clip of the song.

I've noticed similar behavior lately.  It's relatively rare and not consistant, but I don't remember hearing this before one of the last few builds.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 03:13:12 am »

Issues with Audible site browsing and purchasing:

1)  When I "log off" of my Audible account from within MC, it causes an endless "Opening Page/Done" loop, during which the main window remains blank and Audible home page will not load.  I can finally get it to stop by navigating somewhere else in MC and navigating back to the Audible page.  This does NOT happen when I log on/off of the Audible site via an Intenet Explorer window.

2)  The Audible shopping "cart" does not update properly when navigating the Audible site via MC.  If I have a single item in my cart, for example, and I "remove" it, it appears to be removed since the screen now says "cart empty."  As soon as I navigate elsewhere on the site, however, the little "cart" info at the top of the page goes back to saying "1" item is in the cart, and when I open the cart page, the item that I had just removed is back in the cart.

As with issue 1, this does NOT happen when I navigate the Audible site via a normal Internet Explorer window.  If I use an IExplorer window to navigate the Audible site, I can add or remove items from the cart and the cart stays correctly updated.

Thanks,

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 08:00:02 am »

All FLAC files now have the date 1899 in the tag. I tried update lib. from tag and it remained.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.148 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2494 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 146 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 08:43:08 am »

You can add me to the list of people who are experiencing the disappearing menu/toolbar.

jgreen

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 09:05:15 am »

Dr. C--
I'm not seeing your FLAC issue.  I'm using scthom's Decoder v1.3--possibly you're using 1.5?  Maybe try going to 1.4 or 1.3.

As for the disappearing top bits, they stay put for me unless I adjust the volume via the MSFT media keyboard, then they run and hide.  Hovering over each blank spot brings the rascals back.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 01:14:28 pm »

When using Media server, the new "spiral" view is appearing for most of my albums, even though the individual files only have a single cover image.

The spiral is clearly made of the same artwork and all these albums display properly in the local library.

Ditto for me on this one.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 03:29:53 pm »

Thank you!!  My feature wish list is now complete - I finally have it arraged just the way I envisioned it - you guys are the best!

FYI - you may need to make it clearer to people that the top and botton views are seperatly customizable.... I had album thumbnails on top, that would show a detailed file list on the bottom - In one of the last few builds, the files at the bottom were magically displayed as thumbnails as well - it took me a while to realize I could click on the bottom list and customize it seperately.  Now that I can - perfect!
Pages: [1]   Go Up