INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music across a network  (Read 1027 times)

wimpy

Music across a network
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:47:00 am »

Hi
I`m looking for a way to stream the same music to several computers in a network, so that i get the same music on all my computers playing just the same. I know there is a way to shear the libary at one computer to the other computers at the network in jr, but I want to stream the music played on one coputer to all the other computers, I've tride VNC and so on, but not found a solution.. Anyone have a sugestion ? Is this possible with JR ??

- Eirik

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Music across a network
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:23:12 am »

When you enable library server in JRiver Media Center, you download the library, but you only stream the music.

You can also stream sound from one computer to another thru Windows Remote Desktop. But sound quality may suffer if network link is slow, and it might be blocked by firewalls and proxies.

EDIT:
Misread the first time. I belive there is a party mode feature to sync several sources, but this might be only several output sources on same machine... Haven't tried, so i don't. But i am sure alot of the other forum user do know... :)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Music across a network
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:50:50 am »

You can install a copy of SlimServer on your server PC, and stream synch'd music to each of your systems.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up