INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: irock 520 help with drivers  (Read 5391 times)

wbg2

• Recent member
irock 520 help with drivers
« on: September 06, 2002, 06:35:24 am »

Media jukebox 8.0.356
                 no matter how many or how I download driver it does not work on win 98se. The usb port works, tried severalports just in case. The irock shows that it is connected and loading each time. The error message says to reinstalll ;driver not located. I am thinking of getting another program, but really like this one. I downloaded several times and then rebooted and then uninstalled and rebooted and then reinstalled and rebooted. Some times I can not even download driver and it is now freezing up

Help

Steve

RE:irock 520 help with drivers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 08:08:54 am »

wbg2,

We do not include the drivers for the iRock 520 with our Plug-in. Can you try installing the RioPort software that comes with the iRock and make sure that you can connect to the iRock with it? If you can, this would assure that the drivers are installed and that there is another problem. If not, you will need to resolve the driver issue which is not anything we control. However, if you have trouble with the drivers, email me at steve @ jriver.com and I can make some suggestions.

steve

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 11:19:12 am »

sent e mail

The other program work fine as soon as I used your program It went back to be screw up. It has worked before, all I did was bought a radio shack mutli port usb. I even put it back on the old usb port. again the old port had something that was like irock on it, the new ones do not. I know you can hot replace USB ports Yet I reboot up this is the only software that does not work. The driver for the 500 downloads but when I use it it states to download the driver.

Steve

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 11:47:08 am »

I just emailed you the following link to some drivers that might work.

http://www.rioport.com/SoftwareResources/1,4055,,00.html

steve

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2002, 03:01:10 pm »

nope did not work
just took it off  and reinstalled drivers still no good

steve

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 03:01:13 pm »

nope did not work
just took it off  and reinstalled drivers still no good

Steve

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2002, 06:40:16 am »

wbg2,

In order to duplicate your problem on my Win98 test machine, I installed many different drivers until I got the connection to iRock to fail. I then went about trying to remove them all which was a pain.

I generally followed the dirctions at
http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

and then deleted the iRock from Device Manager and reinstalled the drivers on the CD that came with my iRock.

This worked well. If you have the CD that came with the iRock, try duplicating what I did to see if you can get this to work ( email me if you have questions steve @ jriver.com).

Steve

wbg2

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2002, 11:13:01 am »

I tried it .It was working till I rebooted then the irock 500 driver in the USB port was replaced again with the hms30c6001 driver and your program can not find the driver for the irock 520. This happens every time.  The store said to take off your program and just but the other program. There explanation was your program does not support and of the newer irock. The support from irock confirms that. I really like your program is there nothing you can do?

Steve

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 11:22:32 am »

wbg2,

Can you send me a link to whatever iRock support told you?  

Can you confirm for me that you have you are installing from the CD that came with the iRock?

Steve

wbg2

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 11:43:29 am »

I got e mail but deleted it. Didn't think I wanted it.
Do you want the driver on the disc or what?

wbg2

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2002, 11:43:58 am »

I got e mail but deleted it. Didn't think I wanted it.
Do you want the driver on the disc or what?

Steve

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2002, 01:25:02 pm »

I just want to know if you are using the driver from the disc because that is what I am using to test so I want to make sure that we are testing with the same drivers.

By doing this, I hope to try to explain why yours fails and mine works.

PS I just did an overhaul of all the RioPort players so let me know if you have trouble getting the latest Plug-in installed. It should be v 3.0.11

wbg2

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2002, 02:15:40 pm »

I just took off all drivers and going to start again
Should I put on just the driver from the green disc. not anything else.
Now I am having trouble getting to the drivers on your site, I keep getting lockup and have to reboot.

Steve

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2002, 07:20:42 am »

wbg2,

Yes, just the drivers from the green disk. We do not include drivers for the iRock. You should be able to install the drivers from the green disk and then install our Plug-in and then everything should be great.

One problem you may encounter is that it is difficult to remove all the residual files that are left behind by any of the other installations of drivers that RioPort leaves behind on your system.

The link I mention above is a guideline to follow. Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up