INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.118  (Read 4929 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.118
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:02:25 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120118.exe

12.0.118 (11/21/06)

1. Fixed: The "Compression" field would not be properly filled when ripping a track. (use "Update Library (from tags)" to fill in any files missing this field)
2. Changed: Replaced "Category" in field properties dialog with "Flags". (to pick what media type a field belongs to, etc.)
3. Fixed: "Playing Now" would display properly with translation enabled.
4. Fixed: Text and images in Theater View that keyed off of location didn't work properly with translation enabled.
5. Fixed: Video podcasts could still have an unknown media type.
6. Fixed: "Crop" aspect ratio setting did not work properly in video player and TV when video window was resized.
7. Changed: Changed how FF and REW are carried out. Some MPEG-2 files previously had problem updating image should perform better now.
8. Fixed: Ratings not getting posted back to MC from iPod if the files were manually transferred.
9. Fixed: Transferring protected files to an iPod could case MC to hang.
10. Fixed: Some asx streams wouldn't play.
11. Fixed: MC was identifying non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
12. Fixed: Files with internal art wouldn't show their art when switching from G-Force to another visualization.
13. NEW: Theater View uses an on-screen keyboard for performing searches. (NOTE: only Noire skin updated -- others to follow)

12.0.117 (11/20/06)

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list.
2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.
3. Fixed: Gridlines were not appearing in lists.
4. NEW: Dropping files onto "Playlists" or any playlist group will create a new playlist with those files.
5. NEW: Right-click "Playing Now" in the tree has "Edit Playing Now..." for drag-n-drop editing in the Action Window.
6. NEW: Streamlined the Action Window "Build Playlist" so only a single-click (or drag-n-drop) is required to make a playlist.
7. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't redraw properly when releasing them when the mouse wasn't over the scrollbar.
8. Changed: "Playlists" view header has a "Add Playlist Group" button.
9. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.
10. Optimized: Skin switching looks smoother and happens faster.
11. Changed: Playlist groups have a unique icon in the tree.
12. Fixed: Seeking from the start of a converted on-the-fly file with the UPnP Server (and DSM32 e.g.) didn't work.
13. Fixed: Some UPnP playback types could fail.
14. Fixed: Podcasts wouldn't properly understand some file types.
15. Fixed: Data disc folder naming option was broken.
16. Fixed: MP3 files not playing on some iPods.
17. Fixed: In very rare situations MC was analizing non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
18. Fixed: With a multi-monitor system, maximizing app, showing fullscreen display on a different monitor, and then returning could switch the monitor the program was on.
19. Changed: Reworked how stacks of audio images are generated so that stack images are broken on album boundaries instead of image boundaries. (this fixes some library server stack issues)
20. Fixed: MP4 file types occasionally listed as 'not supported' for transfer to iPods.

12.0.116 (11/17/06)

1. Fixed: The TiVo Server was displaying "Unknown Request" error messages.
2. NEW: Many enhancements to how list, tree, options, menu, etc. selections can be drawn. (see Noire skin for an example)
3. Changed: Options tree expand/collapse caret now flips as the tree is expanded and collapsed.
4. NEW: When burning a data disc, new option for creating a UDF file system rather than ISO9660. Strictly for beta testing.
5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.
6. Changed: Added support for gapless playback of mp3 files specifically containing gapless playback information.

12.0.115 (11/16/06)

1. Change: Default internal volume for DX video player is increased.
2. Fixed: Panes could draw strangely after resize in some cases.
3. Optimized: Improved view switching times.
4. Changed: When switching focus away from a list, the selection wouldn't properly redraw.
5. Fixed: Some system skinned list controls could flicker when they didn't have a horizontal scrollbar.
6. Change: DX video player and DVD player will not try setting internal volume when the user chooses system volume.
7. Fixed: MP3's not playing on iPods - temporarily removed gapless playback.
8. Fixed: Info box didn't display number of discs required when files in burn queue exceeded capacity for a one disc.
9. Changed: Switched escape keyboard shortcut back to MC 11 style for search box. (Shift+Escape to clear, Escape to stop editing)

12.0.114 (11/15/06)

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.
2. Fixed: Menu transparency could be one-step behind when right-clicking a pane item.
3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)
4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.
5. Changed: Reworked the "Burning" options page to look more like other options pages. (and have nicer filtering of audio / data options based on burn mode)
6. Fixed: MC better identifies Toshiba Gigabeat S and F models.
7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.
8. Fixed: Skinning enabled on file browser control under vista.  (Associated crash fixed.)
9. NEW: Scheduled recording handles asx streams.
10. Fixed: Thumbnail generation for videos with relative path image files wouldn't always work.
11. Changed: The "image file" field is honored for data files just like for audio and video files.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.118
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 05:20:32 pm »

13. NEW: Theater View uses an on-screen keyboard for performing searches.

Superb!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 05:22:51 pm »

2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.

Where there are no thumbs to show in a given list item, could you please use the standard NoThumb.png image (or similar)? It looks a little weired not showing anything as it is currently with some Playlists etc

Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 06:05:30 pm »

nice how the search function takes only the media it is in, so only audio or only pics. maybe it would be a good idea when it would react to the keyboard, for those with huge remotes or handy style letering to make it accesable with the remote. but it is nice.

bug:
recent playing nows dont work as they should: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37167.0

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 07:00:24 pm »

I really like the recent Theater View changes (search and thumbnails in lists.)  The problem remains, however, with the graphic anomalies when scrolling a list that is longer than one page.  There IS an issue with MC that is causing a slight "re-draw" after the list is scrolled.  It only happens in certain conditions, and the degree to which it happens veries a LOT depending on the card, resolution, etc., but on my system that really counts, it is a BIG problem.

I believe that the only reason there aren't more reports of this issue is the fact that not all "that" many people use Theater View at this point.

Please see this thread for more discussion of this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36880.0

Thanks to anybody for looking into this further,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:59 pm »

With all the recent changes/fixes to the iPod functionality when using MC, I was wondering if the problems with gapless iPod playback were still being looked into.  As far as I can tell, the last feedback we got from JR on this was about a month ago.

Thanks for any updates -- even if they're only to tell us that this is still being pursued.

Larry

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 07:51:34 pm »

13. NEW: Theater View uses an on-screen keyboard for performing searches.

Thanks, I like this, works great.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:19:47 pm »

Theater View Search niggles:

I can't navigate to the Backspace button from the 7 8 or 9 buttons. I can from the 6 or the _, though. It's kind of weird.

Also, the search function needs to ignore punctuation (since you can't enter any). I tried a search for "Don't Cry" and it choked on the ' part.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 09:57:34 pm »

Theater View Search niggles:

I can't navigate to the Backspace button from the 7 8 or 9 buttons. I can from the 6 or the _, though. It's kind of weird.

Also, the search function needs to ignore punctuation (since you can't enter any). I tried a search for "Don't Cry" and it choked on the ' part.

Couldn't you just search for "don cry"?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 10:39:13 pm »

With all the recent changes/fixes to the iPod functionality when using MC, I was wondering if the problems with gapless iPod playback were still being looked into.  As far as I can tell, the last feedback we got from JR on this was about a month ago.

Thanks for any updates -- even if they're only to tell us that this is still being pursued.

Larry

Larry,

According to Matt, 12.0.117 should support gapless playback on the iPod.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37131.msg254222#msg254222

Randy

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 12:37:25 am »

Sorry, posted wrong. it wasn't a bug.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:27:54 am »

Mp4 video files that have been tagged in the Media Sub Type field are still re-synching to my iPod every time.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:28:20 am »

1. Fixed: The "Compression" field would not be properly filled when ripping a track. (use "Update Library (from tags)" to fill in any files missing this field)

I get no compression info for flac, mpc, or ogg files.

ape, mp3 and wma show fine.

is that to be expected?

Also, how about some compression info pertaining to images?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 03:01:49 am »

Larry,

According to Matt, 12.0.117 should support gapless playback on the iPod.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37131.msg254222#msg254222

Randy

It's still not working.  It appears that the previous gapless support was re-instated.  The "gap" is no longer there, but there is either a sligth pop at the seam, or a small "jump" from a tiny piece of the song being cut out.  It's a small jump, but it's clearly happening if you listen to a song where the beat continues across the transition.  This is NOT something you'd hear on some transitions -- you need to listen to something where you can hear the beat continue across the seam.

Could anyone with an iPod who listens to gapless albums please confirm this for JR?  It really is a problem, but I fear that most people simply don't listen to gapless albums all that much, so they hear the lack of an actual "gap" and they assume that it's working.  It's NOT -- it's true that there is no "gap," but part of the song is missing, and this disrupts the beat.  Note that this does NOT happen with Rockbox -- i.e. I'm not just "imagining" it.  I'd like to be able to use the native Apple firmware, however, so I'd really like to see this fixed.

Thanks,

Larry

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 04:01:01 am »

12. Fixed: Files with internal art wouldn't show their art when switching from G-Force to another visualization.

Many thanks for correcting this long standing bug. It works now.
Tested it with ape, mp3, wma files with internal cover art, wav file with external cover art.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 04:02:18 am »

--------
GUI interaction
Action window and dialogue buttons have no 'mouse down' state, so they don't respond when clicked upon.
--------
Search input fields
ctrl + a is not working in any of the search\pick files to show boxes.
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" 3D vizualisation is not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's more often than not, not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
please, please, please can we have access to the editor in other places that accept expressions too? Discusion
--------
burning\reading\working with data DVDs
MC is taking an unacceptable ammount of time to compile a DVD's worth of image files ready for burning, Discussed here.
--------
slideshow playback from library browser
from [album] tiles, during audio playback, select an album tile and then click on the "play" link. The slideshow always begins with the last file in the list. If no audio is playing, the slideshow starts correctly, with the first file.
--------
Split view focus problem:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
This is cropping up in more and more places now....
Intermittantly, the splits will switch focus after clicking OK in MC's options dialogue.
using ctrl+Q, hitting enter, more often than not causes the focus to switch away to the other split.
I've got it so far 100% reproduceable by loading a smartlist in the active split, the smartlist contains a playlist exclusion, and I click that and choose edit with wizard. I add an extra playlist to the exclusion and click OK, and when MC refreshes the list to reflect the change, it also swaps the splits focus. (Discuss?)
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
photos on an ipod 5G v1.1.2 set to convert to 640 x 480 on transfer
Photos appear to sort by filename on the ipod, which for the most part, keeps them nicely chronologically ordered, but, if the album contains photos taken across an entire day, for some reason, it moves all photos taken in the morning to the end of the slideshow, so, why does it do that, and is there anything us users can do to exercise control over this?
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 05:46:18 am »

This happens frequently to me:  I close MC12 (or so I think), but the process (Media Center 12.exe) lingers in the background for some reason.  I wouldn't realize that it was still running, except that when I try rebooting Windows, I get the familiar window during shut down that says Windows is trying to close Media Center 12.exe, but it's not responding.  Invariably, the progress bar on that window completes, and my only option is to kill Media Center 12.exe by closing that window.

When I reboot and check the event log, I see several entries like this:

I have no idea what else to say, other than I run WinXP Pro SP2.

Enable logging, then after it hangs, kill it, restart it, and send the logs to matt at jriver dot com. (press "Email logs" inside Help > Logging)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 06:13:45 am »

Couldn't you just search for "don cry"?

Could punctuation just be ignored so that "dont cry" will match "don't cry" ??  This seems more intuitive than looking for "don cry".

Yeah, it doesn't look like you can down arrow to the Backspace button from 7 or 8. Right Arrow from Backspace to the list also doesn't work..
Z-Wave Home Automation

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 08:56:15 am »

Could punctuation just be ignored so that "dont cry" will match "don't cry" ??  This seems more intuitive than looking for "don cry".

Exactly my point.

Yeah, it doesn't look like you can down arrow to the Backspace button from 7 or 8. Right Arrow from Backspace to the list also doesn't work..

Yeah, I mean just 7 or 8. And I hadn't noticed not being able to move into the file list from the Backspace button, either.

Also... (from the 117 thread)

Didn't see these mentioned in the build notes, so...

Are PNG files non-taggable? Everything I've read suggests they are, but MC doesn't seem to be writing any tag data to my PNGs

Also, MC is no longer creating thumbnails for Quicktime MOV files. It used to, but that was before I Vista x64. I have Quicktime Alternative installed. It can play them fine, but it won't create thumbnails and it also won't let me do manual screengrabs for them.

Theater View really needs the option to hide the Exit command. I don't want my Theater View users to accidentally find themselves anywhere but in Theater View.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:38 am »

Still having 2nd monitor transition issues to and from Theater View in full-screen
. . . the game is rigged

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 09:06:50 am »

Just posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too...

The search feature is pretty cool.

One addition to it that would be awesome and make it even quicker to use would be to "borrow" a feature that the Time Warner DVR has.

As you type in a search query using its OSK, not only does it filter out non-matching items in the list, but it also filters out letters on the keyboard that don't match anything.

For instance, if my library had at least one song starting with every letter of the alphabet, but only had these three songs that started with the letter 'A':

Aeroplane
Again
Against The Wind

My search would start off with all OSK keys enabled. Then, as soon as I hit the 'A', all of the keys on the OSK would be disabled except for the 'E' and 'G' keys. Navigating to one of these two keys would quick because it would automatically skip over any disabled keys and jump right to the nearest one that was in the direction I pressed. So let's say I then pressed the 'G' button. Now the only key available to me would be 'A'. At this point, only Again and Against The Wind are in my list and the only key I can press on the OSK would be 'A'.

It was actually the only feature on the DVR I liked. And it would take MC's OSK to that next level.

What do you all think?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 09:59:01 am »

Are we back to not having Track # in the Tag AW? I can't add it as a field, and the files I'm working on don't have a Track # yet, so there's no link at the top like there sometimes is.

*EDIT*

Track #'s missing from the list of columns in the details view as well.

Well... I can add it through Customize Current View, but I can't just right click on the list header, open the Columns menu and add it from there. It's not in that list.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 12:01:45 pm »

Thanks...

I verified the fix.  The Update Library instructions were fine for fixing missing information.  Ripping CDs properly fills the tag.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 12:54:49 pm »

17. Fixed: In very rare situations MC was analizing non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.

Now that is indeed very bad! You should never analize non-iPod devices... (Sorry, couldn't resist...I know I'm childish, and I guess this one will be deleted anyway...)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 01:35:59 pm »

'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.

I run into this sort of thing myself once in a while.  I've recently had a situation happen where I changed the name of a song, and when I clicked on the name field in another file, it was renamed to the name I had just used for the OTHER song -- i.e. both songs now had the same name.  I tried to reproduce this, but I was not able to find the specific combination of moves that caused it.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up